[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do companions actually do anything in this game? I just use them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Do companions actually do anything in this game?
I just use them as cannon fodder because it doesn't' look like they can die
>>
Does the M&B move in time, or it's all in one era?

For example, can I play the Roman empire... then play the middle-age, etc? Will his be somehing in the new game?
>>
>>378996292
The game doesn't take place on Earth, it takes place in a fantasy land.
But if you rotate the map, the game world sort of looks like Anatolia
>>
>>378996036
They contribute skills to your army, having a medic companion heals your troops faster and engineer builds siege weapons and buildings faster for example.
>>
>>378996036
>>378996424
Also you can stack your med skills with say jermemus, but your skill needs to be one below his to get the bonus...if he has 6 surgery you should have 5 ect.
I also like to stack pathfinding, tracking , and spotter on Borcha.
>>
>>378996036
the combat orientated ones can turn into absolute machines later on, and having a medic or two is near enough essential. the engineer guy, forgot his name but hes an old dude, is also VERY handy when you start to get given fifes and seige castles
>>
>>378996036
>>378997562
Meant to respond to this, also later in the game if you make your own kingdom you need a companion with a high Persuasion for sending him out as an emmisary, I play diplomacy btw not Native
>>
>>378996036
Trainer stacks, it just doesn't say it.
>>
>>378997893
Nope, your skill stacks with companions' by providing a bonus at some levels
>>
>>378998516
The stacking mechanic only works how i said above, otherwise it will utilize the highest skill and not add +2 +3 ect
>>
>>378998678
No it doesn't. The companion has nothing to do with it. Player skill gives a bonus to the party skill. 2-4 gives +1, 5-7 +2, 8-9 +3, and 10 +4. Meaning if the player has 10 in a party skill, the final value will be 14
>>
>>378998678
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=50427.0

this helps
>>
>>378996036
The real MVP way to play is to make all your companions INT bitches even if they aren't built that way. 10 companions with max trainer means quick restocks of your troops.

Str/Int for main, 10 +4 surgery, wound treatment, and trainer is game changing.
>>
>>378999676
yep, i have it that way for all party skills, i can raise a nord vet/hus army in minutes.
>>
>>378996036
I get them to make me faster on the overworld map, and heal my soldiers faster.
>>
>>378999834
I've always found that trying to make your companions into super soldiers takes way too long. By the time they get stats halfway as decent as a huscarl, you could have just built an entire army of huscarls like you said.
>>
>>379000597
If you get them early, and invest wisly it is definatly possible. They will never be your level tho. I mean you can raise an army but they will die eventually and need to be replaced.
>>
>>379000597
it's useful for skipping the shitty levels though. i haven't played in a while but IIRC you can only level dudes up once per battle,
>>
>>379001367
This is true, for example, you can get 60 rodohk tribesman and turn them into at least crossbowmen in minutes without even having to fight.
>>
>>379000987
With trainer you can replace them faster than they fall, and surgery speaks for itself especially with that +4. I eventually came to the conclusion that knight companions are worthless because you sacrifice the ability to jump a bunch of recruits up to mid tier soldiers in a couple days for a companions who might get 4-6 kills a battle. Since you are still paying wages for both and trainers always getting better as they level, the soldier is just taking up a slot for a potential Swadian Knight or Huscarl.

Think about this, a Huscarl is level 28. Imagine how long it would take to get a companion up to that level. Having more companion trainers can help you get fresh recruits up to Nord Warriors in less than a week and there is no troop replacement for them unlike another sword.

>>379001367
That is correct. Most companions don't get past level 25 so they don't help train veterans up to Huscarl, but they skip the filler shit. And yes, you can only promote once before having to train again.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.