[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Steam >Origin >Uplay >Windows Store >Battle.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1493855259932.png (2MB, 1214x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1493855259932.png
2MB, 1214x1224px
>Steam
>Origin
>Uplay
>Windows Store
>Battle.net

And the Chinese giant Tencent Game Platform has plans to release in the West. Fragmentation of PC market will only get worse in the future. Honestly, how fucked is PC gaming?

pic unrelated
>>
>>378991336
>Steam
That's what I use when I'm not busy with pirated software
>Origin
Buying EA shit
>Uplay
Buying Ubishit
>Windows Store
Having a working botnet
>Battle.net
Buying Blizzshit
>Chink Steam
Having a chink botnet

I don't know,I'm kinda fine and I don't have to pay for PSN+ while receiving hate mails from squeakers since on Steam they have to be friend of yours for being allowed to harass you
>>
Only one of those is available on Linux, so what do the rest even matter?
>>
Letting any third party software control your games is cancer. Reminder that Steam searches your browser history and sends it back to Valve cause muh cheetz.
>>
>>378991336
16gb of ram and 8 core processor here
Running all those programs in the background don't mean shit to me
>>
>>378991336
>fragmentation
It's really not though. You're not forced into using only one service. And the games that are available on more than one platform share the same online servers regardless so it's not like it really matters.

At most it creates some competition between companies which in turn is good for costumers.
Not like any of them can really compete with steam anyhow.
>>
>>378992163
problem is only that some of these have their own exclusive games. for example bf1 on origin, upcoming destiny2 only on battle.net.
>>
>>378991336
Don't forget GoG Galaxy and the one from Bethesda. The list continues to grow.
>>
>>378992532
And again you aren't restricted to using only one of these services, so how is this a problem?
>>
>>378991336
>Fragmentation

You mean competition? That's good for consumers and ultimately good for the industry. If we had one single distributor (i.e., a monopoly), that distributor would have no incentive to provide a good service or to improve. Among the distributors listed in your post, Steam is by far the most popular, so much so that they've almost monopolized the PC game market, and we've already seen the negative effects of this.

TL;DR: Go fuck yourself, retard.
>>
>exclusives are anti-consumer but monopolies aren't
>>
>>378992667
from what I heard most people on pc enjoy having their games in one place. they wish for a console like environment on an open platform. inb4 no steam no buy
>>
Fragmentation is a good thing for popularity! I mean, just take a look at Linux.
>>
>>378991336
goddamn that nigga got more rolls than the bakery
>>
>>378991336
>how fucked is PC gaming?
Huh? How does having more client options fuck you up? Are you too lazy to open anything other than Steam?
>>
>>378992882
But they are all in one place. They're all on your PC.
>>
>>378992882

I think "most" is an overstatement. But some do find it convenient.

Anyway, that's a personal choice. If those people want to quit PC gaming because they can't buy all of their games exclusively from one store, then I'll be glad to see them go. Good riddance.
>>
>>378992987
Those are her breasts.
>>
File: 1494954557303.jpg (148KB, 773x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494954557303.jpg
148KB, 773x1024px
>>378992987
They are playing a good game at least.
>>
>>378991336
>how fucked is PC gaming?
Not at all, competition is a good thing, it's much better for alternatives to exist than to be locked into MS', Sony's or Nintendo's walled garden with their vise around your balls. The problem is that there is no digital distribution platform as large and as good as Steam and it largely outshines its competitors in multiple ways. Hopefully somebody will step up, though I don't expect Origin, Uplay or BNet to become too large since they're vendor-specific and the Windows Store is just crap for apps.
>>
forreal though that nigga knows how to live. how much for a portable gaming system like that? 3000 usd ?
>>
File: 1456177000670.jpg (122KB, 780x646px) Image search: [Google]
1456177000670.jpg
122KB, 780x646px
>>378992882
That is true, but at the same time it's also a moot point since when people say "in one place" they mean steam and you can run any game with the steam interface and that pretty much solves the problem.

>>378992532
Yeah, they're restricted to a service, but it's not really a problem. It'd be a problem if they were available in multiple services and each version had separate serves that separated the online community. THAT would be actual fragmentation and it would suck ass. As far as i know, the only recent game to try that was the last CoD, which had separate serves for the windows store version and steam. The result of that was all 3 people who bought the game from the windows store got a refund and the game might have been pulled out from there (not so sure on the second part). BF has been origin only for years and that was never a problem. And all Blizzard games have a pretty good community despite only being available on their app.

Frankly, people who'd rather just have Steam offer games on the PC are fucking idiots that don't understand how bad that would be for us. They'd be able to do whatever they wanted since they'd monopolize the market.

And let's not forget that just a few years ago there where no services whatsoever and games would just get installed and run on their own and it worked just fine, so why would this be any different?
>>
File: 1479462870181.jpg (8KB, 208x199px) Image search: [Google]
1479462870181.jpg
8KB, 208x199px
>>378993307
>her
>>
File: 1471000563154.jpg (27KB, 294x325px) Image search: [Google]
1471000563154.jpg
27KB, 294x325px
>>378991336
How does it moves?
On its pillars? is this possible?
>>
>>378991336
At least they don't have paid online :^)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.