[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one does the "Live Another Life, in Another World"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 000szz4x.png (348KB, 560x389px) Image search: [Google]
000szz4x.png
348KB, 560x389px
Which one does the "Live Another Life, in Another World" best?
>>
>>378984223
Daggerfall.
>>
>>378984223
Morrowind

Daggerfall is good for dungeon crawling and that's it

Oblivion and Skyrim not even worth mentioning, utter garbage
>>
>>378984223
Oblivion

Morrowind is robotic trash with no depth to it beyond breaking the game at level 1
Daggerfall and Arena are too outdated, and Skyrim doesn't have enough options for builds.
>>
Morrowind.

Skyrim and Obliviom maybe other lives but the world looks like mine.
>>
>>378984737
>oblivion isn't robotic
>daggerfall is outdated
you can use mouselook and shit in daggerfall just fine.
>>
>>378984968
Oblivion has unique npc's who aren't retarded signposts who you can goad into attacking you by spamming left mouse.
Daggerfall is outdated by virtue of it's weird proto 3D/16 bit style perspective backed up by clunky movement and audio. Remake it in a modern engine and it has potential.
>>
File: ZDQKpdM.jpg (426KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ZDQKpdM.jpg
426KB, 1600x1200px
Everyone in Oblivion is a potato.
>>
>>378984440
fpbp
>>
>>378984223
Morrowind guilds are almost all slice-of-life style in their quests, so I'd have to go with that. The more recent games are always trying to shove overly important narratives down your throat when you just want to be a guy who bubbles up some potions and learns about ancient civilizations.
>>
Reminder that Daggerfall will be playable for people who are under 50 soon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5kIIfnqZ2I
>>
They all suck
>>
>>378984223
Morrowind. Utterly foreign world with one of the most fleshed out in-game universes of all time.

Daggerfall is too randomly generated to feel immersive. Skyrim is sometimes immersive but often ruined by a new scripted sequence and quest trigger starting every time you take 5 steps in any direction. Oblivion is just generic. >implying anyone played Arena
>>
>>378984440
this
>>
>>378986041
None of these projects ever go anywhere, anon.
>>
>>378984223
Daggerfall
>>
>>378985724

This. Because these newer Elder Scrolls games try way too hard to make the player feel like the ultimate hero right from the get go instead of making the player have to work for it. Bethesda games these days have way too much instant-gratification in them for the casual audience so the feeling of accomplishment and progression is now completely gone. It's so unsatisfying.
>>
File: 1495485804977.png (494KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1495485804977.png
494KB, 557x605px
Only played the last 3, started with skyrim, then oblivion and last morrowind

And I'll be honest

Morrowind is the only one i keep coming back to, litteraly the best fucking one to play, even tho it's been a hard learn getting my ass kicked and getting misguided without quest markers, but it was so rewarding in the end
>>
>>378986345
OpenMW is playable and almost finished with some mods already and Tamriel Rebuilt has 2 great maps and they just redid their work structure so things are going smoothly albeit slowly.
>>
>>378986345
Morrowblivion actually finished btw. It's been done for a while. I'm kinda surprised
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.