[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /v/ >first console you played >first console you owned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

So /v/

>first console you played
>first console you owned
>first console you got really in to games on

For me;

>Atari 2600
>SNES
>PS2

(Bonus points for the console where you started to hate games and simple continued playing them out of habit while complaining about how they're not good as games were before you last interest in them)
>>
>>378984062

Atari 2600
>first console you owned
Sega genesis
Xbox360/ps3 (had an okayish income at the time so I could play a shit ton of games)
>Console where I started to hate games etc
PS4, im done with consoles now.
>>
>>378984062
>Sega Genesis
>Sega Genesis
>PS2
>>
File: IMG_4348.jpg (51KB, 357x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4348.jpg
51KB, 357x400px
>>378984062
>SNES
>SNES
>SNES
>>
>Famicom
>NES
>SNES
>>
>xbox, PlayStation 1, or genesis, I forget
>game boy color
>gaming since my first console m8
>>
>pc
>atari 2600
>ps2
>i dont hate games
>>
>>378984062
>c64 if it counts as a console?
>ps1
>ps1
>>
File: IMG_7245.jpg (31KB, 354x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7245.jpg
31KB, 354x373px
>>378984062
>Super Nintendo
>Sega Genesis
>N64
>Xbox 360

I'm clearing my backlog while I save up for a PC; I bought my friend her X1 and a Wii U for my daughter. I'll buy a Switch once it's worth it
>>
>>378984062
megadrive
>first console you owned
megadrive
ps1
>>
File: dreamcast.webm (2MB, 2048x1102px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast.webm
2MB, 2048x1102px
genesis
>first console you owned
genesis
dreamcast
>>
>>378984062

SNES
SNES
SNES
>>
>>378984062
>Nes
>SNES
>SNES
I don't hate games, but I don't play a lot of big ones anymore. The most recent AAA games I've played are Persona 5, Zelda BotW, Resident Evil 7, and Deus Ex Mankind divided. The bulk of games I play these days are old ones I've never got around to when I was younger because so few big games come out that interest me these days.
>>
>>378984062
NES
>first console you owned
NES
SNES
>Console where I started to hate games etc
I started living at my uncles house, and his grand daughter lived with him, and she had a Xbox Original. She would only play it once and a while. When I first moved it, I would try to play her Xbox with her on some games, but I couldn't wrap my head around using two sticks at the same time to move around, and even if I started winning, I felt bored. One day, she asked to play some of my games. and we played Crystal Chronicles because she had a Gameboy Advance just like I did. I loved it, and she loved it too, to the point that she would prefer playing my rather old Nintendo games over Xbox games. I would ask her why, and she would tell me "because these old games are actually challenging. All of my Xbox games really aren't challenging at all to me." So really, Xbox never really appealed to me, even when I tried to give it a chance. While it always felt like the console for shooting games, even back when I had friends over to play Goldeneye, we would take breaks to play Mario Kart 64 or Mario Party 2 instead at times. I couldn't imagine someone enjoying shooting stuff for extended periods of time.
>>
>>378984062
Intellivision
Intellivision
Intellivision
>>
>>378988387
mah nigga
>>
File: 1496249562803.jpg (18KB, 220x236px) Image search: [Google]
1496249562803.jpg
18KB, 220x236px
>>378984062
Genesis
Genesis
PS1
>>
>>378984062
>Atari
>Atari
>NES
>>
>>378984062
>NES
>NES
>N64

I played a lot of my nes and snes, but I was old enough to really start getting hardcore in to it with my 64. I played the HELL out of that thing, then got a playstation and moved right in to final fantasy.
>>
>first played
SNES
>first owned
N64
>first to get into
N64
>Started hating
XB1

I hate the mixture of film and vidya with a pseudo sappy message nowadays. Just give me fun
>>
File: crash.png (321KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
crash.png
321KB, 740x740px
>>378984062
NES
>first console you owned
NES
ALttP on SNES was the first time I really felt like a game was a big adventure and committed to completing it, although it was N64/PlayStation when gaming really became huge for me.
>>
>SNES
>SNES
>SNES
>>
>>378989116
oh and for the bonus, I never started hating games overall, I just stopped having the time to sit and really play them for hours and hours on end.

I did completely abandon nintendo though after the last two console cycles.
>>
>>378984062
Atari
Nes clone
Playstation
>>
File: 1496130780263.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496130780263.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>378984062
>PS2
>not getting into games since the start

you tried
>>
a Sega, don't remember which one but it had the first Mortal Kombat game
>first console you owned
Playstation
Xbox/playstation2

I was and still am a big PCfag
>>
>>378984062
I remember using an Atari 2600 controller, but I don't remember the game.

The first console that was mine was the Psone and in that console I got really into games.
>>
>>378984062
>First console you played
My uncle's old NES
>First console you owned
If we don't count the aforementioned then PS1
>First console you got really in to game on
...my uncle's old NES. But the library was limited to the few games he gave me so i guess i got more variety from the PS1?
>>
>>378984062
The earliest I remember are the SNES and N64
>first console you owned
A PS2 and GBA, both got for my 7th birthday
The PS2. Most of my GBA stuff was shovelware and the screen was too dark to see anyways.
>>
>snes
>ps1
>ps2, early xbox 360
>>
File: Lala11.jpg (314KB, 1027x722px) Image search: [Google]
Lala11.jpg
314KB, 1027x722px
>>378984062
>>first console you played
The first Xbox
>>first console you owned
The first Xbox
>>first console you got really in to games on
The first Xbox
>>
First game console I ever played wad my dad's Sega master system .

I loved Alex kid in miracle world.

First I really got into was the master system. Sonic 2. Bubsy bobcat. Golden axe. Alien storm. I loved this thing.
>>
>>378984062
>>first console you played
sega genesis
>>first console you owned
nes
>>first console you got really in to games on
snes
>>
>>378984062

NES
>first console you owned
owned a GBC first, but N64 was my first "console"
Gamecube
>the console where you started to hate games and simple continued playing them out of habit while complaining about how they're not good as games were before you last interest in them
That would be the PS3. Fuck all of 7th gen and everything that came after.
>>
>>378989921
>He is a fetus
Have a (You) fetus boi
>>
probably an NES at a relatives house
genesis
PS2 (only had like six games for the genesis since we got it in like 99 and four of them were trash)
>>
>>378984062
NES
PS1
PS1
>>
>>378984062

Born in 1988. First console (which I shared with two brothers) was NES, sometime in the early 1990s. I think SNES was already out by then, but we didn't get it until sometime in the mid 1990s, when N64 was probably out.

The first console I owned all for myself was N64, in the late 1990s.

Then I got my own GameCube in the early 2000s (probably in the year it was released), and was pretty obsessed with a few games (Rogue Leader, Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness).
>>
>>378984062
My dad's Atari 2600.
>first console you owned
Gameboy Color, I think.
PS2, though I used to play a lot of educational stuff on my old Windows 95 computer. Learned to read that way.
>>
>>378990115
anon, the xbox came out 15 years ago
>>
>first played
NES
>first owned
NES
>got into
NES

I still enjoy playing games on pc but most games don't look interesting to me nowadays.
>>
>>378991038
FETUS
E
T
U
S
>>
My uncle's PS2
>first console you owned
Nintendo Wii
PS4
>>
>>378984062
NES
NES
Genesis
>>
>>378984062
NES
>first console you owned
NES
Super NES
>(Bonus points for the console where you started to hate games and simple continued playing them out of habit while complaining about how they're not good as games were before you last interest in them)
PS3 and 360
>>
NES or Genesis
>first console you owned
Game Boy, otherwise PlayStation
PS3, assuming this means where the most games started coming in. I was already 100% in on PlayStation but I only had a handful of games to my name.

'93 reporting
I only got games on birthdays and Christmases until I started getting paid to mow the lawn and shit, so I could buy my own games.
>>
>>378984062
>ZX spectrum
>O2ned as in with my own money. Amiga 1200 but we had spectrum up to snes/genesis before I bought my amiga
>idk what really got into games means, but I have only really got deep into games as my main hobby this gen
first time in my life now that I own more than one console.
I own 4 and a PC now
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.