[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Continuing from the thread earlier, why do modern game developers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 52

File: savage.png (60KB, 1055x820px) Image search: [Google]
savage.png
60KB, 1055x820px
Continuing from the thread earlier, why do modern game developers think it's acceptable to censor their players' speech?
>>
Is it a ban from playing the game or only from chatting? Because banning from the entire game or multiplayer portion of the game merely for using vulgarities is unjust.
>>
>>378981287
entire game. many online games have taken up this practice.
>>
>>378981508
That's fucked up. They're basically stealing $60 from you wholesale. Definitely unjust and if it was any other industry, it would be regulated as fuck by relevant bodies.
>>
>>378981082
SAVAGE
>>
>>378981082
If they are hosting the game on their servers, then they can dictate what is appropriate and what isn't. Acting like a pussy whiny little bitch isn't considered appropriate for most people, so they are free to kick your jewish nigger ass off their server if you are misbehaving.

Consider it a $60 class in social awareness. And, while you are at it, consider looking into refunds if you can't play the game anymore.
>>
What game? I want to make sure I don't play it.
>>
>>378981082
>>378981969

Looks like League of Legends
>>
>>378981756
yeah it's pretty sick. it's like you're forced to not express certain personality traits if you don't want to get banned. almost like social engineering or something

>>378981969
Rainbow Six siege, which ironically is an 18 rated game.

>killing murdering with gore but if you swear you are BANNED
>>
>>378982096
>>378981969
>Ubisoft
>League of Legends
Probably Siege.
>>
>>378981882

>upboated 3490 times

every time i think of how horrid niggit is, i'm proven wrong, and it's even worse than i thought
>>
>>378982161
Fuck, it's too late then, already own it. That's crazy. I'm not a huge fan of servers that ban based on language, but to be banned from the entire game is insane.
>>
its not censorship is the state isn't prohibiting your speech. private enterprise is free to do whatever they would like so long as you signed the TOS. i don't know why you're trying to claim this is censorship.
>>
>>378982406
Grow up and realize that you can't say niggertits anywhere you want in public.
>>
>>378982413
>its not censorship is the state isn't prohibiting your speech.

look at this retard

look at him and laugh

and then cry that people this willingly retarded exist
>>
>>378982096
The post says Ubisoft you retard, also League is free and only chat bans you for flaming people unless it's straight up violent threats or accompanied by intentional feeding.
>>
>>378981082
free market will fix it.
>>
>>378982529
League started all of this "toxicity" bullshit in the first place. Why are you trying to defend that piece of shit game?
>>
>>378982161
You can’t be an asshole. That's social engineering we all like. Go talk to a brick if you want to be a fucking piece of shit.
>>
When you play their game you agree to the terms of service, cry more.
>>
>Free speech means I can act like a dick head without consequences
>>
>>378982660
>too stupid to realize that "asshole" can be anything anyone doesnt like

there are plenty of mentally ill leftists that want to ban any "microaggressions" from university campuses. how long until that starts happening in games? why not just start banning white male DRUMPF voters while we're at it?

retard
>>
>>378981969
RS Siegeaka the biggest wasted potential ubisoft ever shaft out.

wall of text:
Got about 130 hours in the game, had a lot fun but there's so many issues now it's nearly unplayable. They are possibly the single most incompetent development team i can think of in any recent MP game, short of maybe the war-z.

Game has so many issues to the point where they have cancelled one of this seasons operations. People paid for said content (or for early access anyway) and reddit cucks defend them, there's no refund or compensation offered. They announced it two weeks before the new content was coming out, then the big anticipated first patch was a rank reset and a new wallpaper (i am not making this shit up). IIRC one of the operators (like heros/class) has some bug where her ability doesn't work like 1/5th of the time randomnly, they don't know how to fix it to the point where it's been like 6 months and they simply can not figure out how to fix the main ability of a hero people pay REAL money for (or in game currency) because the spaghetti code is that fucking bad, every time they try and fix it they break something completely random

So yeah, the game is fucking atrocious and beginning to bleed players heavily but the developers have time to do SICK BURN XD on reddit instead
>>
>>378982842
Yeah but is a ban from the whole game a reasonable reaction to vulgarities? Why not just ban him from chat instead?
>>
>>378982863
>how long until that starts happening in games?
Depending on how you're defining "microaggressions" about twenty years ago.
>>
>>378982863
>muh slippery slope
>>
>>378981082
>private company
>censorship
hmmmm what did he mean by this?
>>
>>378982962
They probably don't have that ability. The ban might be temporary, a permanent ban for in game shitposting is extreme
>>
>>378982967
>slippery slope isnt real they said

now they're trying to push for pedophilia normalization and "pedophobia"

thank god the right is finally waking up, put all this degenerate shit straight
>>
>>378983107
>They probably don't have that ability.
Definitely something all game devs should look into then.
>>
>>378981082
Safe spaces of course.
>>
>>378983132
>people are only now pushing to legalize pedophilia
KEK
>>
>>378983097
It's still censorship, it's just not illegal government censorship. Why do people get this easy shit confused?
>>
>>378982945
>there's no refund or compensation offered
There's nothing to compensate for season pass owners. They're still getting everything.
>then the big anticipated first patch
Literally just read the Operation Health FAQ. They said the fixes are coming later, not on the very first day of Operation Health
>>
>>378982505
Nice niggertits on your mom there, faggot.
>>
File: IMG_8006.jpg (83KB, 618x911px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8006.jpg
83KB, 618x911px
>abloo bloo bloo muh free speech infringement
>implying obscenity and harassment is protected free speech
>implying companies should cater to your severe autism and societal tone-deafness anyway

In other words, deal with it, snowflake
>>
>>378981082
What the fuck is c*****ds?
>>
>>378983451
because private companies doing as they choose with their policies isn't a bad thing, you communist hack. if a private company says "follow theses rules" and you violate the rules and get penalized you're a fucking idiot
>>
File: siege.jpg (376KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
siege.jpg
376KB, 1920x1080px
>>378983471
>There's nothing to compensate for season pass owners. They're still getting everything.
see pic

>Literally just read the Operation Health FAQ. They said the fixes are coming later, not on the very first day of Operation Health
So please explain what the fuck have they been doing for the last five months then, we have to wait even more time? Fuck off back to /vg/
>>
File: this is you.png (463KB, 632x569px) Image search: [Google]
this is you.png
463KB, 632x569px
>>378983554
>filename
go back
>>
>>378983779
>lmao what a fucking faggot nigger
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 1496288106601.jpg (41KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1496288106601.jpg
41KB, 625x626px
>>378983554
welcome to the internet, the container for shit we'd never do IRL, face it, negative emotions are part of humanity, if you keep them inside, they fuck you up, if you release them, you're better for it. If you're really thin-skinned enough to get offended by words, 4chan might be the wrong place for you, friendo.
>>
>>378984052
he probably meant you are a "fucking faggot nigger", reddit.
>>
>>378983554
>talking shit is harassment
Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
>calls anyone else a snowflake
lma0
>>
>>378983962
>you got an image from a website I don't like, that means you can't use it
What
>>
>>378984303
you understand you're admitting how new you are in this post, right?

please stay on reddit
>>
>>378984303
you're supposed to change reddit and tumblr filenames into 4chan ones manually
what type of idiot are you?
>>
>>378984130
>reddit
epic buzzword, that'll show those le SJWs at plebbit right?? let's shitpost some more to drive them back xD!!! haha the cake is a lie
>>
>>378984392
>i change my filenames to fit in, but you're autistic because you don't
you do know you can just get the image with its filename from google images, right? you can never ever go on reddit and still have reddit filenames on the images you grabbed from the front page of a search engine. Are you new to the web?
>>
>shut up mom
Little cunt deserves his ban
>>
>>378983779
>>378983962
>>378984130
>>378984154
not arguments lmao

>>378984118
>implying I'm not aware of this or that I don't actively participate in shitposting

I'm not offended that people say dumb shit, I'm offended by the fact that I share a board with teenagers that are too brain-dead to understand why you don't talk like you're on 4chan when you aren't on 4chan

>inb4 leftist/snowflake/reddit/muhdrumpf/youhavetogoback/etc.
>>
>>378983931
>Still get everything on that list except 1 less map
The maps are free for everyone anyway. The DLC maps shouldn't even count as season pass exclusive content.
>So please explain what the fuck have they been doing for the last five months
Bug fixing, hitbox fixes, and working on the TTS. You literally took a screenshot of the official site. A new patch is coming next week. Go read the fucking FAQs there. It's not that difficult
>>
Why don't you go make a game where you can send death threats to people without consequence then?
>>
>>378981082
they don't want uppity people to upset innocent children, which will establish never-ending cycle of shitposters.
>>
File: 188387129759871.jpg (17KB, 314x500px) Image search: [Google]
188387129759871.jpg
17KB, 314x500px
Do servicemen in the US military have free speech? What if someone says out loud he wants to frag his officer and squad mates? What if someone says he hates the president and wants to kill him?
>>
File: shareb.png (184KB, 601x600px) Image search: [Google]
shareb.png
184KB, 601x600px
>>378984413
I'm having trouble. What is this post even supposed to achieve? It's not even on the level of "shoddy mockery". It won't make anyone laugh or think differently. It's not witty or poignant like these parody posts can sometimes be.

Sorry for your clearly severe mental deficiencies.

>>378984680
Talking smack in varying degrees has always been a fun and healthy part of online gaming. Then numale faggots like you came in with your "toxicity" buzzword and gave the perpetual crybullies over at tumblr something to victimize themselves with.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>378984680
I can say "inb4 (insert insult here)" and therefore i am immune to any response
damn, he wins again...
>>
>>378984919
>online video games are the army

this is getting really desperate
>>
>>378981082
because they are baby ass carebear faggots
>>
>>378984754
>The maps are free for everyone anyway. The DLC maps shouldn't even count as season pass exclusive content.

>promise early access to content
>dont release that content
>defending this
You smell like a /rsg/ cuck.

>Bug fixing, hitbox fixes, and working on the TTS. You literally took a screenshot of the official site. A new patch is coming next week. Go read the fucking FAQs there. It's not that difficult
Of course anon, just like the past 18 months of "bug fixes", I'm sure THIS one will fix everything though! *buys epic skins* thanks ubi!
>>
>walk into mcdonalds
>order food
>get food
>JEEZ YOU FUCKING NIGGERS CANT MAKE A BURGER FOR SHIT! KYS FAGS!
>"Sir we're going to have to ask you to leave"
>BRUH ITS A FREE COUNTRY I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT

/pol/ is worse than reddit
>>
File: 1476641070769.png (207KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476641070769.png
207KB, 800x600px
>>378982651
no, the cancer called reddit, cry about muh toxicity and riot start to ban/mute etc people who are toxic, so reddit destroy everything, lol become shit after season 3. reddit now destryoing 4chan after gamergate and 2016 election
>>
>>378982651
Because /v/ is a hivemind of underage Dotards who think their "banter" which amounts to spamming "kys nigger faggot" is fun to play with.

Faggots can't just shut up and play the game, they have to protect their bruised ego and stir up a hornet's nest of sensitive faggots. I'd still rather play with said sensitive faggots, though, because they can shut up and play the fucking game.
>>
>>378984923
>Sorry for your clearly severe mental deficiencies
sorry that you take joy in voluntarily replying to shitposts in paragraph format with newfag spacing.
>>
>>378984597
yeah, I do, whenever I get a pic from google images i intend to post on 4chan, I change it's filename, I feel like you're the stupid one here.
>>
>>378985158
not him but

>dont release that content
but they are? just a bit later? season pass owners dont pay for content they pay for early access to content. the content is still coming.

>polish map
yeah, this sucks. no map. but the maps were never paid for, never early access (everyone gets them as soon as they come out) so its not season pass owners getting fucked, its everyone.

but you dont care, go back to CS im sure youve got a few glove skins to buy :)
>>
>>378985209
They started with the whole toxicity shtick before reddit. I remember reading articles about it at release.

>>378985239
>I'd rather play with passive aggressive faggots

Let me guess: you were raised by a single mother?

>>378985257
>gets BTFO
>"newfag spacing"

Well at least you've learned not to call it reddit spacing. Good boy.
>>
learn english you third world porch monkey
>>
>>378985343
Why? Why do you care so much if people think you got your ,jpeg of a video game from Wikimedia commons or from 4chan?
>>
>>378985158
>muh poleshit map
You sound like a Polecuck. The DLC maps aren't early access. The 8 operators are, which the season pass owners still get.
>Of course anon, just like the past 18 months of "bug fixes", I'm sure THIS one will fix everything though! *buys epic skins* thanks ubi!
Not an argument
>>
>>378985519
>gets BTFO
alright pal, samefagging and replying to 3 unrelated posts sure showed me. ya got me. guess i'll finally go back to White Alien Meme Website
>>
>>378982524
Not an argument.
>>
>>378985731
Sorry for your mental illness
>>
>>378981082

Mind you devs of Darkest Hour Europe 44-45 split up,the team who was into Festung Europa isn't giving a flyable fuck of what the remaining cunts are doing with that mod.

Yesterday there it was a thread of a player saying that he didn't liked the 29th ID one and wanted or he was searching for a different one,I don't know what happened as I went back home said thread was no more,but for sure some 29th faggot brewed up and derailed the discussion.

Some hours later someone bumps the thread regarding some complaints about people abusing exploit saying that he was enjoying War Thunder and that's it,thread was instantly locked.

I go myself a permanent ban cause I was sperging complaints about all the negatives things in the game and how much the Good Guys and 29th ID fags were exploiting the playerbase and the game itself.That mod barely had 6 servers full at the same time,only 100 or so players are still playing that pos,devs to attract more players have already announced some shit that smells like "we want the Squad audience" from a mile coupled with something that has to do with playtime hours or some crap which just promotes elitism and they are going to deliver it in four days.So far the only good thing they did was to piss off the makers of Real Panzer mod and make them move back to Red Orchestra where they finally died and that's it,those cunts are just banning players from their forums and from the remaining two servers and they are really far from being a triple A company.
>>
>>378981082
>i have the right to say whatever i want while using some else's private platform

ya, na
>>
>>378985486
>but they are? just a bit later? season pass owners dont pay for content they pay for early access to content. the content is still coming.
>yeah, this sucks. no map. but the maps were never paid for, never early access (everyone gets them as soon as they come out) so its not season pass owners getting fucked, its everyone.
>this is in the same post
what the fuck, since when is a map not content, are you dense?

>but you dont care, go back to CS im sure youve got a few glove skins to buy :)
ANON DOESNT CRITICISED MY GAME THAT MUST MEAN HE'S [GAME] BABBY LOL
I don't play CS nor do I buy skins in any game because I'm not a retard, but keep spouting that boogeyman shit, tell me to go back to cod too, that'll really show me.
>>
>>378985519
Why does every newfag use this shitty fucking spacing, just go to /pol/ we all know you came here during the elections anyway
>>
>>378981082
>ethically offensive
This phrase pisses me off so much
>>
>>378982660
Who's we? As far as I'm concerned your attitude makes you seem like an asshole, would you be satisfied if I got you banned you from posting?
>>
>>378985194
You still have your food faggot
>>
>>378985624
Because he's in max damage control for being a fucktard
>>
>>378985827
yeah that's just control freak retards in a small mod

so many fucking actual autists like to get into positions of authority and then live out their childish power fantasies

they are pathetic

>>378985968
>he doesnt know shareblue invented the "reddit spacing" meme and tried to force it about 2 months ago

either you are shareblue or you're very gullible

"reddit spacing" has been used on this website since its inception. it's just another form of formatting

reddit spacing is

actually more

like this it's just

really to annoy the reader
>>
>>378983795
I'm not arguing against that. But it's still censorship. The word doesn't only apply to a government.
>>
>>378985692
Kek, so you just got BTFO that the maps were promised content so you just start spouting /pol/ memes, I'm not even polish.

>Not an argument
Sounds like you can't refute their continual "bug fixing" they have been saying they are doing since beta not having any results.

100% guarantee you buy skins on siege, prove me wrong.
>>
>all these reddit bootlicking cucks who can't handle some trashtalk ITT
it's sad what /v/ has turned into
>>
>>378981082
>reddit shit
>talking shit on a game
>wonder why get banned
>second thread
neo/v/
>>
>>378982863
>logical extremes
>>
>>378983795
You're the one behaving like a communist desu
>>
File: IMG_8032.jpg (399KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8032.jpg
399KB, 1680x1050px
>says offensive shit
>gets btfo
>rages on taiwanese tapestry folding boards
>gets told why he got btfo
>proceeds, along with his ilk who also come out from the baseboards of the cellar, to prove why they belong there and to argue why they deserve to be allowed access to the surface world
>responds to sound logic with buzzword insults and non-arguments

you have to go back
>>
>>378985935
what the hell are you talking about? what are you even trying to argue? im trying to tell you the only thing that ISNT coming is a map, and losing the map doesnt fuck over Pass owners because the maps are always free, for everyone.
>>378986235
>bug fixing since beta hasn't had any results
want to know how i know you don't play this game?

also, whats wrong with buying skins with the currency you get from completing matches? or are you just an eggsdee poster trying to look cool on /v/?
>>
>>378986370
>banning microaggressions is a logical extreme

i'm sure with the degree of mental retardation modern leftists have they're capable of much much worse than that
>>
>>378986151
>shareblue
See what I mean? Just go back where you came from and leave this board, we have enough autism already
>>
>>378984680
fucking this
>>
File: dc.png (115KB, 1281x562px) Image search: [Google]
dc.png
115KB, 1281x562px
>>378986470
>shareblue isn't real
>shareblue isn't trying to influence board culture

>>378986510
>replying to yourself
>>
>>378982945
I have over 200 hours. I actually really appreciate that the developers are fixing their game instead of shitting out more "content". I even paid for the season pass and I don't care.

You literally complain that a characters ability doesn't work 1/5th of the time... but then ALSO COMPLAIN THAT THEY'RE WORKING TO FIX THAT. What the fuck?!
>>
>>378986443
Private companies having the freedom to enforce their own rules is not communism you retarded fuck. Do you even know what communism is?
>>
File: btfo.png (86KB, 419x122px) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
86KB, 419x122px
>>378986450
>want to know how i know you don't play this game?
whatever you say anon
>>
>>378982627
Unironically this.

Research shows people don't want to play vidya with 14 year old rage monsters spouting niggertits all the time, so companies ban people for being 14 year old rage monsters. If you think 14 year old rage monsters would make a game more profitable, you are free to make and market a game that caters specifically to 14 year old rage monsters. And if you are right you will be profitable.
>>
>>378986572
>someone agreed with something that I don't agree with
>must be a samefag

Kek
>>
>>378986757
Holy fucking shit this guy hit the nail on the head
>>
File: 1496302586399.gif (2MB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
1496302586399.gif
2MB, 300x226px
>>378981082
I dont want to be that faggot but I supose I am the only ligic you will see.

It is because you are in a social setting.
things like bullying, sexism, racism etc are not accepted anywhere in the conventional civilized world.
Playing a gome over voip, PSN/XBL, talking to someone on the telephone or irl is seen as the same social setting.
We are supposed to be curteos and emotionally balanced, civilized.

Of course we as gamers, and people of internet culture, and/or lower social class are used to mocking and flaming eachother. It is a part of the culture.

Society does not take that into account so if you are calling someone a niggerfaggot on internet 2.0 or voip in a big publishers game, PSN/XBL or a snowflake dev with anti bullying policy, prepare to be assraped in their EULA for using such words.
>>
>>378986757
>all the leftist agitprop garbage that doesn't sell at all
>"free market"

there are clearly influencers behind the scenes that fund this shit and then try to paint it as a success. I wouldn't be surprised if they go so far as to bulk buy their own products to boost reported sales.
>>
>>378981082
Because they want everyone to have fun, people who are getting abused by chat have big change of leaving their game and not contributing to the game devs financially.
>>
>>378986683
just a time played screencap? all that tells me is you spent a lot of time in a game and you still dont know anything about it, or just didnt give it a fair shot because LOL UBISHIT LMAO

upvoted
>>
>>378986953
this. mass effect andromeda would be the latest example of this. same in movies too
>>
>insult random people in the street
>get punched
>insult random people on the internet
>get banned
Why is life so unfair?
>>
>>378986235
You sure sound like a poleshit since you care so much about a poleshit map
>devs give an extra PvP map last year
>lose a map this year
I'll spoonfeed you bug fixes, since you're a lazy fuck
http://rainbowsix.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow_Six_Siege_patches
I've never spent money on skins, not even ones for renown, and I have more hours in the game than you. Nice assumption though
>>
>>378987095
>insult black people in the street
>get shanked and robbed
>>
>>378986635
>You literally complain that a characters ability doesn't work 1/5th of the time... but then ALSO COMPLAIN THAT THEY'RE WORKING TO FIX THAT. What the fuck?!
They have been trying to fix it since Hibana was released. One fairly game-breaking bug, for 7 entire months they have tried. Seven fucking months. They have a thread with hundreds of replies on the conditions of how people have got it to trigger and they still can't figure it out. They are completely incompetent.

Every time they have released a "fix" for it it has broken something else and they've had to revert it because their game is spaghetti code shit. LAN professional matches regularly have to be restarted over it.
>>
>>378986983
>anyone has ever stopped playing a game they've spent money on because they were called a faggot by some retarded kid

You sound like such a fucking sneering cunt. I hope nobody turns up at your funeral, and I hope you make that funeral happen ASAP.
>>
>>378983475
thanks, anon
>>
>>378987185
Why can't nigger get a thicker skin?
>>
>>378986953
Which wouldn't be a sustainable business model long term, and would result in financial ruin for whoever was trying to prop it up. They aren't making Fem-Ghostbusters 2 because the first one sold like dogshit, Bioware is in deep shit because Cisquisition and ME:Androgynous both sold like dog shit. IRL companies aren't going to indefinitely support non-sellers just to piss off drumphkins, instead they are going to go where the money is.
>>
>>378987271
Why can't you stop being a racist little prick?
>>
>>378987152
>>378986235
You're both retards. Buying skins and posting hours doesn't prove any fucking argument. Who cares if you buy skins? And what the fuck are you seriously claiming his 100+ hours are a lie or something? Holy fuck retard jesus christ
>>
>>378987070
Those goalposts. But yes I'm sure I just idled on the menu for over four days in the hope i would have to trick a shitposter on 4chan months down the line into thinking I played the game
>>
>>378987232
I sound like someone who understand why this is happening, you sound like a faggot who cannot distinguish between explanation and an opinion.
>>
>>378987232
You're mad
>>
>>378987312
So why is league of legends, one of the most censor-happy games, in a complete popularity free fall?
>>
>>378987321
Buying skins is an legitimate point though if the game is broken and people keep giving them money regardless. I don't care if people pay for cosmetics in games with decent developers.
>>
File: 1496503467851.jpg (306KB, 1200x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1496503467851.jpg
306KB, 1200x1195px
>>378987232
>You sound like such a fucking sneering cunt. I hope nobody turns up at your funeral, and I hope you make that funeral happen ASAP.
>>
>>378987339
your explanation is your opinion. are you stupid?

>>378987385
yeah I'm PISSED there are retards of this calibre posting on my board

>>378987486
8 yrs homo
>>
>>378987445
If competing ASSFAGGOTS also censor? Presumably for non-chat-censor reasons. Are recent patches making the game unfun? Are competing ASSFAGGOTS doing new things to pull players away from LoL? Is the genre itself stagnating and losing popularity?
>>
>>378987334
im not moving goalposts. you try to insult by saying "i bet you buy skins", implying skins cost real money. they do not. you say season pass owners are not getting what they paid for, but they are. you say their bug fixes havent fixed anything since the beta, but they have. then you show me "hey i played for over a hundred hours". i guess you did just idle in the menus the whole time, because someone who actually gave the game a shot with that time played wouldnt be making such retarded claims.
>>
>>378987674
I think you might actually be unironically autistic if you think people idle for 100+ hours in a game they bought to win 4chan arguments.
>>
>>378981082
Just stop being a mean spirited individual for no reason.
>>
>>378987798
He is right, showing screenshot has no ground to anything, nobody here knows who took that screenshot.

Talk about his arguments not about what pictures you have in your folders.
>>
>>378987798
no, no way. now youre just pretending to be retarded. no one is this stupid. read the post again
>because someone who actually gave the game a shot with that time played wouldn't be making such retarded claims
>>
>>378987669
Well you avoided my shill bait.

I agree with what you say about market forces, though I'm sure there is some anti-freedom of speech fiddling going on.

It would be much healthier for society as a whole if developers didn't censor and ban people for talking trash in online video games in my opinion. All I see are these sheltered control freak leftist losers gloating and getting high off of it and it pisses me off. This element of humanity should not be given any oxygen at all.

I understand developers think they're making more of a profit, but it seems like they're putting short term profit over principal and perhaps even long term profit.
>>
>>378987480
Okay, but they are at least fixing the game, what are you complaining about?
>>
>>378987903
>tells me i dont play the game
>i post a screenshot proving previous claim of how many hours id played
>no you just idled for four days
>point out that doesn't make sense
>lol your images don't matter talk about his argument
The image was refuting his argument that I don't play the game you mouthbreather
>>
>>378982670
nice reddit-tier comment

the ToS doesn't say they can lie about what they ban you for
>>
>>378988039
Because they aren't fixing the game, that's the problem. I WANT them to.
>>
>>378986273
That sounds like a pretty good system
>>
>>378988102
>i post a screenshot proving previous claim of how many hours id played

You didn't, providing proof of that would require to actually link to your steamaccounnt, right now it's fucking a screenshot that could of been lifted from any other topic on this game.
>>
>>378988175
>Operation: HEALTH
>"WE'RE LITERALLY SPENDING THE NEXT THREE MONTHS FIXING THE GAME, GUYS."

>Because they aren't fixing the game, that's the problem. I WANT them to.

Jesus christ.
>>
>>378988273
reverse image search it.
>posting my steam account on 4chan
nice try.
>>
File: 1487629528518.jpg (20KB, 480x414px) Image search: [Google]
1487629528518.jpg
20KB, 480x414px
>>378983702
cuckolds I'm guessing
but I'm as confused by this as you are
apparently it's an obscene insult?
>>
>>378981082
>>378981287
>>378981508
>>378981756

theres nothing wrong with companies banning people for offensive speech. their game, their servers, their rules. dont play if you dont like it
>>
>>378988395
exactly, so what about you talk about substance of the argument and not try and derail this conversation with your bullshit?
>>
>>378988348
>one month into operation "health"
>a wallpaper change and a rank reset
gee you're right the game is fixed now
>>
>>378983702
or maybe it's cumlords? clitbuds?
>>
>rules say not to be an obnoxious 12 year old
>be an obnoxious 12 year old
>GET in trouble
>WTF CENSORSHIP DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>378988104
>getting asshurt over wording which the devs corrected themselves over several times in person when ultimately the reason for the ban WAS perfectly justifiable in the ToS anyway
Kek, no argument, literally just grasping at excuses to be a sperglord online with no repercussions.
>>
>>378988537
why do you keep making posts like this? it's not helping your side of the argument at all
>>
>>378981082
because they can
>>
>>378988497
Nigga, they are literally updating the game next week Tuesday. Holy shit.
>>
>>378987997
considering how monumentally difficult it is for you to actually get your account banned from league for being a piece of shit, you're essentially arguing for the coddling of extreme autists who don't have any place in society (as well they shouldn't).
>>
>>378988647
There is no argument, you'll get banned for acting like a retarded, edgy 10 year old. Nothing to argue, it's reality.
>>
>>378988474
he can't because he has no argument. he just wants to be in the memeposting club
>>
>>378988497
>Operation Health went live on May 24
>not even 2 full weeks yet
>one month into
Just stop posting already
>>
File: 1355101726968.jpg (44KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1355101726968.jpg
44KB, 413x395px
>>378981756
>They're basically stealing $60 from you wholesale

And if those $60 are so precious to you, then you better make damn sure you're aware of the rules and what you can get away with. The person in question was kicked off a server hosted by Ubisoft. It's their service, so they decide who gets banned, and why.

That's capitalism, motherfucker.
>>
>>378988745
it's actually easy as fuck to get banned in league, considering the human trash that plays it. if you want to "banter" with them, it will inevitably escalate to a point where the automated system will flag words you say and then ban your account. you dont get banned on severity of offense either, just number. so the more you play with the apes on that game, the higher likelihood you have of having more trash talk encounters and therefore bans.

mobas like league are inherently very toxic, in dota they understand that so they rarely ever ban and don't let you spam reports like the mental midgets in league likely do.

and of course, this is all to turn a profit. banned players in league just make a new account and spend more money. there's no prohibiting that.

of course, to avoid being banned you can cuck yourself and act like a passive aggressive faggot, but only redditors want to do that. all in the name of "sportsmanship".

this is a deeply sick process and should be against the law imo.
>>
>>378982967
Because things never escalate, amirite? You're like the person who defends "cosmetic microtransactions" in games and then they keep creeping up and eventually become pay to win but it's too late to go back. You're a tool with no foresight whatsoever.
>>
>>378981756
> They're basically stealing $60 from you wholesale. Definitely unjust and if it was any other industry it would be regulated as fuck by relevant bodies.

If you cuss in a movie theater/restaurant/public transportation they will kick you out as well without refunding what you paid, you are delusional.
>>378982524
It is not censorship because they did not censor any right you had. You never had the right to free speech in their games, and they told you so.
They merely uphold THEIR rules, to which you agreed, and then broke.
>>
File: 1365202682550.gif (605KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1365202682550.gif
605KB, 400x400px
This thread is almost as much fun as reading the old Xbox Live support forums where people would complain about being banned.
I miss them
>>
I'm going to take a page from the GOP and tell you to go to another company if you don't like it. The free market will fix it if it is a problem.
>>
>>378990121
>the internet is reality
>>
>>378981082
because it's their game?
>>
>>378990321
The internet is part of reality, yes
>>
>>378990378
if it's part of reality can I reach out and strangle you to death for being such a fucking retard?

no?

oh dang it!
>>
calm down, autismo
>>
>>378988686

Yes they can to the point that some of them can freely harass you outside the game.

This happened on DCUO when it still was under SOE company and when Spytle was still the creative director.Ain't naming him or many others that got bot Spytle and Mepps treatment so is just a sum of various stories

>Random player during a stream gets his hideout raided by Mepps
>He doesn't like it cause it was just a bad day for him
>Complains on stream shuts it off and disconnects
>Day after says something about Mepps and how he should have spared him
>Mepps adds Doomsday inside his hideout and everytime he gets in,Doomsday attacks him
>He just says it ain't funny,you are the official DCUO PR so please stop acting like a child
>He gets banned
>Joins back with his alt account
>I help him through T5 content as our guilds were in friendly terms as they composed of around 100 or so players who played together since beta
>Day after he's banned,again
>Get a surprise on my hideout and I just ignore him as I had three more hideouts and that one was just empty
>PR stalks me and I get a banned from official forums cause idgaf about his reasons
>he understands that I was just a friend of that player and not said vermint and he let me go

So this streamer/friend basically made around 20 or more accounts,at some point every single account gets banned even though he wasn't streaming or complaining about PR conduct anymore.

Spytle on the other end wasn't that kind of stalker but he happily banned,muted,deleted any player that posed a treat against his agenda.Since he didn't want to lose his face used a couple of SOE mods to dispense in game and forum bans,then he fucked up the game with his own envision,got promoted,didn't fix a single tit,SOE became WE BREAK GAMES and replaced Spytle with some idgaf dude who ruined NWN and some other games with massive amounts of kikery
>>
>>378981082
>ubisoft
A fucking joke company.
>>
>>378981508
That's fucked up. He should just get a temporary chat ban and a warning
>>
>>378989216
>and of course, this is all to turn a profit. banned players in league just make a new account and spend more money. there's no prohibiting that.
If someone is retarded enough to get banned and keep spending money on cosmetics on new accounts that will possibly also get banned, then that's their own fault. Product shilling goes pretty far, but ultimately nobody can reach into your wallet and make you buy shit. If someone willingly pulls out their credit card to give a company money, I don't see what should be against the law here. If society doesn't need to coddle people that get their poor little feelings hurt by bad words, it sure as fuck doesn't need to coddle people that don't know how to manage their own money.
>this is a deeply sick process and should be against the law imo.
Christ.
>>
>>378981082
UNATCO?
>>
>>378990668
>retarded enough to get banned
Like dunkey?

Please stop pretending that the problem is the player and not the game. it's inhuman to not have some emotional response to the situations that the game presents, and the outlet for those emotions has always been trash talk and it's always been "mute if you dont like it". riot took that and inverted it, they literally feed you back your chat logs WITHOUT anything the other people said in the game to deprive you of any context for the things you said- a sinister attempt at guilt-tripping players for what should be laughed off as banter in a video game. Emotional manipulation and subversion like this is, with the underhanded end-goal of turning a profit as I said, a deeply sick thing for a company to do.

You will try to defend this.
>>
>>378989216
you have to consistently """""banter""""" with people over a massive amount of games to get your account fucked up. Even then you're free to just make a new account and continue playing. The number of people who are actually unwelcome to play league (ie their accounts are terminated on sight) is actually quite small.
>>
>>378991378

>it's just banter!

No.

Banter and trash talk is all well and good, but saying nigger and bitch every 5 seconds isn't clever. If you're not funny enough to actually talk shit and make it entertaining, don't bother.
>>
>>378991502
>hehe i'm shifting the definitions of "banned" here guys ;) no1 actually gets banned!!

>>378991627
>some people say words I don't like
>better ban free speech and impose orwell's nightmare on our players

we would be so much better off as a community, a society and a culture if the sticks and stones adage was constantly repeated. and of course, the mute button is a fix-all. if the devs just told players to mute the meanies, they would literally save money- no need to reply to emails from redditor retards whining about "MUH POL MEMES"

clearly there's something else going on here. you will tell me "it's more profitable this way". I think it's more sinister than that.

Just hope we don't find out :^)
>>
>>378987318
Nigger?
>>
>>378991378
> it's inhuman to not have some emotional response to the situations that the game presents

so you are saying the majority of people, who dont get banned like this, are inhuman?
>>
>>378992318
considering so many people have stopped playing league, who knows?
>>
>>378992434
people who stop playing league are inhuman?

what are you trying to say?
>>
>>378992489
we cant actually say for sure how many people do or dont get banned

riot are notoriously secretive about their stats
>>
>>378991378
You clipped my quote short to misrepresent it. Great job.
>retarded enough to get banned and keep spending money on cosmetics on new accounts
is what you should have read.
>>
>>378991987
anon I've been playing league for 5 years and in that entire span i've torn other players all kinds of assholes. So far I've had my account warned all of one times in those years. You know why? Because I don't engage in the kind of antisocial behavior that you seem so desperate to enable. It really is just as easy as not saying racist shit while you're playing a fucking videogame. Is that so hard?
>>
File: 25753434_p0.jpg (274KB, 961x871px) Image search: [Google]
25753434_p0.jpg
274KB, 961x871px
>people who defend stripping someone of access to their property because they were a little mean
>whilst insulting everyone who disagrees with them and acting like a condescending bully on a power-trip

How much cognitive dissonance does a person need to fall to that level?
>>
>>378992876
how does that change my argument at all? jesus christ
>>
File: loser.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
loser.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>378993003
Yeah I bet one time you didn't type out "GGWP" at the end of a game, hehe, I bet one time you just typed "GG" haha HEE HEE HEEEE
>>
>>378993003
I'd like to see some of your banter. I bet it's about as impactful as being shouted at by sleepy six year old who has a cold
>>
>>378993106
Probably because I wasn't defending banning people over their language at all and that's what your entire reply hinged on? I was focusing on your theory that they ban people for profit because people get banned, make new accounts, then buy more shit, and that such things should be illegal. Like I said, if you get banned and then proceed to spend more money, you're retarded. What's not clear to you?
>>
>>378988429
>b-b-but i want to spam nigger in the chat to the point where you cant see what other trammates are saying reeeeee
>>
>>378993080
They have the right to do so, because that's the terms of the agreement made at purchase.

If you disagree, then don't buy into such an agreement.
>>
File: 0967.jpg (28KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
0967.jpg
28KB, 264x292px
Nigger is overused. Personally I'm a fan of jigaboo. Spook's not bad either.
>>
>>378981082
>talk shit in game, clearly violating ToS
>get banned
>cry about it
plebbit isn't always wrong
>>
>>378981082
If it's a kid's game, I'm fine with it. If not, there is no reason to.
>>
>>378981082
more like ultimad

LOL
>>
File: viper2.jpg (30KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
viper2.jpg
30KB, 320x320px
>>378982967
>slippery slope doesn't exist
>>
File: 183843921.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
183843921.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>378987185
>don't insult black people in the street
>still get shanked and robbed
>>
>>378986126
>>378985624
Same poster
>>
Who is this language offensive to? Where are these old ladies sipping tea and playing videogames at? fuck you fags if you support this shit. So glad I don't buy into these new shitty all inclusive games.
>>
>>378993361
you are literally defending the banning of people for the things they say. you're painting it as "oh you're retarded if you get banned for saying words, that's a thing that just happens lol"

if i posted your full quote with my post I would have made the exact same argument, nice attempt at dodging here. This is highly jewish behavior.

try reading the thread before posting next time, Silverstein
>>
>>378990121
>It is not censorship because they did not censor any right you had. You never had the right to free speech in their games, and they told you so.
While a private company does have this right you're an idiot if you think censorship can only come from the state. Was Fahrenheit 451 not censorship since it started with the people?
>>
>harass other players
>get banned for clearly violating the server's ToS
>"Wahhh! Muh free speech! Privately run servers should be obligated to give me a platform to express muh shitposting!!"

OP is a massive faggot.

If a bunch of Tumblrtards came rampaging onto your property screaming some nonsense about the patriarchy, you'd have every right to make them leave no matter how much they cried censorship, because that's your fucking property. Now apply that logic to private Web sites and servers run by private companies. If you don't agree with their ToS, then stop using their services. They have zero constitutional obligation to give a fuck about your opinions.
>>
File: all the same.jpg (165KB, 1200x525px) Image search: [Google]
all the same.jpg
165KB, 1200x525px
>>378994496
>equating us to Tumblr

haha dude both sides are the same dude bro i read it on reddit horseshoe dude weed

dumb bootlicker faggot
>>
>>378994151
the language itself is hardly offensive. the ToS clearly states harassing/abusing other players written or verbal is not allowed. why on earth would a company host a server without such rules if its goal is to maximize interest and the number of units moved?

you forever 12 year old autists who can't play a game without shit talking only have yourselves to blame.
>>
>>378994597
go to reddit if you agree with them so much

you can get karma and upvotes!!
>>
>>378994597
t. useless shit tier player that is tired of being told they suck
>>
File: 1492006823362.jpg (49KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1492006823362.jpg
49KB, 658x901px
>playing ubishit games in the current century
yeah their game their rules, free market or whatever. know how to combat that? by not buying their shit products. but i know most of you retards love wasting money on SHIT games made by SHIT developers who only become SHITTIER each year. i mean what the FUCK is wrong with you?
>>
>>378994719
not an argument, thanks for conceding to me brainlet
>>
File: 1496480558945.jpg (47KB, 470x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496480558945.jpg
47KB, 470x360px
>>378994712
>>378994738
>applying common sense to the situation means you belong on reddit and suck at games
topkek autismos
>>
>>378981756
>they stole $60 from me because I can't call someone a nigger online!
>>
>>378994817
>imploding all of /v/ is one person
>imploding it is not me you were replying to in the first place
>imploding someone else didn't come along and think you're a fag too
>>
>>378981082
Because they think that hate is a bad thing.

It's an emotion like every other.

Btw. This kind of behaviour from developers will lead to disaster.
>>
he broke the rules of conduit so he deserves to be banned. shouldnt be playing games that reinforces a sensitive hugbox mentality.

>waaah he called me a nigger on the net

also

>playing ubiturd games
>>
>>378984118
One Anon on /v/ gets it.
>>
>>378981082

cause of no backlash, when it got mainstream there was only a loud "no censor no buy" from the new flood of candyass normie players while there was no visible counter movement for "censor =no buy" and so they proceeded with censorship to max their sales.
>>
>>378995057
ah yes you are clearly not the guy upvoted
>>
>>378995216
>a company should host servers which allow all verbal abuse and still expect to be reviewed well and sell well
>also what is liability
i only see one nigger mindset here and it's not the supposed reddit one
>>
>this thread
makes you think that "Shareblue" or "Right to censor" or whatever they're called are raiding this place with reddit

/v/ would never defend censorship of shit talk like this, disgusting
>>
>>378981082
/v/tard btfo

—Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>378995496
their server, their rules, faggot. host a private server if you have a problem with it. /v/, like /pol/ is a libertarian board of peace and coexistence
>>
>>378995496
>salt-right trash can't deal with "MY HOUSE MY RULES"

you guys are a fucking riot
>>
>>378981082
>shut up mom
>>
File: suspicious.jpg (14KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
suspicious.jpg
14KB, 230x230px
>>378994496
Everyone knows that companies are allowed to ban you for swearing, everyone knows that. What is being argued is that people believe you shouldn't be banned for calling someone a faggot, they are not arguing they aren't allowed to.
>Then stop using it
The reason people are upset is because they want them to change so they can use it dumb ass.
Read the fucking thread faggot.
>>
File: ahahahaha.jpg (62KB, 640x492px) Image search: [Google]
ahahahaha.jpg
62KB, 640x492px
>>378995581
>banning people for banter is "libertarian" and "coexistence"

lol

>>378995653
>salt right
>>
>>378995830
and we're arguing you use some fucking common sense. a company relies on good word of mouth, good reviews and a good environment to sell a product. why would anyone trying to sell a product excuse a bunch of turbo autists going around calling people faggot niggers on their servers? why would they take the risk of liability when something goes too far?
it's not censorship if it's a private server you fuckwits. it's a business strategy. either don't buy it or stop being a bunch of shit talking cunts to people in games with clearly laid out ToS and save your autistic energy for 4chin
>>
File: nodding gif.gif (1MB, 600x678px) Image search: [Google]
nodding gif.gif
1MB, 600x678px
>>378996212
>it's not censorship if it's a private server

god please vocaroo yourself saying this i want to hear the nasal monotone sperg bernout voice so i can properly frame this discussion
>>
>>378996464
nice argument
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1d89uaHmE1t
>>
File: suspicion.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
suspicion.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>378996212
>It's not censorship if it's a private server
Are you stupid? It's not unlawful censorship, but banning people for what they say is still censorship regardless if it is the right choice or not.
>>
File: hahahaha.png (159KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
hahahaha.png
159KB, 255x255px
>>378996747
>voice changer
>autistic, adolescent condescending tone
>actually monotone as well

holy SHIT lol
>>
>>378996778
i think unlawful is implied if you read the rest of the post
>>
>>378996876
>voice changer
oh boy. haven't hit puberty yet huh? sorry to hear.
>>
File: laugh-05.jpg (45KB, 644x408px) Image search: [Google]
laugh-05.jpg
45KB, 644x408px
>>378996876
Lol not him but that's definitely a real voice.

Stop being retarded, you got BTFO
>>
File: perkele.png (183KB, 537x418px) Image search: [Google]
perkele.png
183KB, 537x418px
>>378997048
>>378997147
jesus christ please stop posting

you are embarrassing yourself
>>
File: 1492551655412.jpg (113KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1492551655412.jpg
113KB, 413x395px
>>378996747
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: a53.jpg (32KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
a53.jpg
32KB, 500x333px
>>378997235
>this much denial and deflection
>>
>>378996910
Hardly
>>
File: 1487719085639.png (563KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
1487719085639.png
563KB, 600x584px
>>378997312
>loses argument
>uses voice changer
>knowyourmeme filename

to reddit you must go
>>
File: (You).png (108KB, 662x310px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
108KB, 662x310px
>>378997235
>>378997408
any voice deeper than mine must be a voice changer

come back when your nuts drop kiddo
>>
>>378997471
hum an octave on vocaroo
>>
>>378985026
not him but fine, same reason calling someone a faggot or a nigger in a sport can get you sent off or fine, same reason calling someone a nigger or a faggot at a golf club or the like would get your membership revoked, same reason calling a store clerk a nigger or a faggot will get you kicked out the store, same reason calling someone a nigger or a faggot on/in a forum with ANY moderation would get you removed/banned. and that is also probably the reason you faggots should read a fucking EULA before playing the fucking game so you dont bitch and whine when you get told you cant do something you already agreed to fucking do

moron
>>
File: chi long qua.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
chi long qua.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
There is literally NOTHING wrong with using a choice changer.
>>
>>378997686
this whole "video games are real life" argument is getting really tired and old

maybe try asking your reddit buddies for a better one?
>>
I think all games should have a "mature language" option. Those who want can block harmful words and those with thicker skin can view them.
That way no one has to get their feelings hurt unless they can take the bantz.
As long as people don't then circumvent the filter I see no issue.

If people say they want mature language they shouldn't be able to report anything.
>>
>>378997842
using a server hosted by another company and getting kicked for breaking the rules is the same as no shoes, no shirt, no service. you faggots are pathetic at logic
>>
>>378997798
that fucking horn

>>378997953
it objectively is not, retard
>>
>>378981082
>muh free speech
You're playing a game with a code of conduct you agree to, act like a child and you get treated like one
>>
File: 1455711789755.jpg (26KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
1455711789755.jpg
26KB, 480x319px
>>378996876
>v-voice changer!
>>
>>378981082
This is why teamspeak, discord and skype exists.
>>
>>378985194
>cop come
>take away your meal because you swore
>>
>>378998041
yes it fucking is, by using their service, and accepting the EULA they give to you and then going against said EULA and breaking the fucking rules, how can you even try to say they're in the wrong?
>>
>>378998307
they didn't take away your game. they took away your ability to access the servers they host, as they said they would in the eula.
>>
>>378998409
>>378998487

EULAs are for cucks and jews
>>
>>378998604
>>>/pol/
don't agree to them if you don't like them
>>
>>378998604
objectively correct
>>
>>378998409
losing your account for something as small as trash talk in a video game is something only a redditor would defend

>>378998487
>entire game is hosted on servers
??

where do all you pro censorship redditors come from anyway?
>>
>>378998604
You agree to them all the time. Therefore.
>>
>>378984303
kill yourself you cancerous fuck
>>
>>378998727
did you buy the game and agree the eula or not?

come back when you say you disagree to the EULA and are denied a refund on the same grounds.
>>
>>378985194
You would literally get your food in America. It isn't Germany or Sweden you cuck
>>
File: 1463534164948.png (36KB, 283x284px) Image search: [Google]
1463534164948.png
36KB, 283x284px
>https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/HetRjcNZrDTEYcOGRO_ySg/

You are literally this asshurt.
>>
>>378998727
Like it or not, you signed off on an agreement with the company which clearly says you forfeit the right to play if you shit talk.

The agreement was available before you started playing, and you chose to either 1) be willfully ignorant of what you agreed to or 2) change your mind after agreeing to it and believe you shouldn't be bound to your past agreements. In the first case you're an idiot, in the second you're a child.
>>
>>378998838

EULA are not even legally binding here. so go fuck yourself.
>>
>>378998838
I'm sure the EULA says all sorts of demonic things without you realizing

Better hope they don't enforce those too huh :^)
>>
File: hmm.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>378998727
im not defending the fact people can get banned for trashtalking, im telling you why devs are fucking allowed to. use your fucking eyes and read shit you have to agree to. if you dont want to agree to it, dont play the fucking game, its THAT simple
>>378998604
>get absolutely destroyed in every reply
>KEK
>>
>>378999138
>3 or so "completely independent posters" suddenly start hitting from the EULA angle

hello right to censor!
>>
>>378998727
>losing your account for something as small as trash talk in a video game is something only a redditor would defend
So it should be easy to come up with an actual argument and not just spamming REDDIT over and over again.
>>
>>378999138
>defending jews and cucks
fuck off faggot, either you admit your bitching about being called a nigger is an overreaction to words that dont hurt you and you fuck off or you stop replying to me and my posts
>>
Companies have a right to ban you from playing their games for language they don't like just as businesses in real life have a right to refuse service to anyone they don't like.

If you walk into Starbucks and scream niggerninggerningger, they probably won't serve you and will ask you to leave.
>>
>>378999254
>Shoot self in foot intentionally
>Blame someone else
>Three people tell you that you're to blame
>MUST BE A CONSPIRACY
>>
>>378999372
That's when you say you have tourettes. Then you can enjoy your latte while screaming nigger. They ask you to leave? Discrimination
>>
>>378999267
you are literally siding with reddit here though, see the OP's image and then leave this website you cancerous faggot

>>378999440
oh yeah dude responding to little timmy when he calls me a faggot by calling him a cunt is really shooting myself in the foot
>>
>>378999372
>you're not insulting the company, just a fellow player
>they already took their money, they have no obligation to listen to the complaints
>they're gonna move on in a couple years to another game in any case.

it's a waste of their own time and money really.
>>
>>378999440
Jesus Christ are people on /v/ really this sheltered nowadays?
>>
>>378999440
>you're a nigger
>you're a faggot
>someone takes a gun and shoots you
one of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong
It's you
>>
File: 120503132.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
120503132.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>378999601
>r-r-reddit!
>n-n-nigger!
don't cut yourself on that edge
>>
>>378999601
If you agreed to be banned for calling people cocksuckers, and you call Timmy a cocksucker, you're literally saying "BAN ME NOW". Are you banning yourself ironically or something?
>>
>>378999770
>y-y-you're EDGY!!!!

being "edgy" is more fun than being a socially awkward obese asperger who loudly proclaims "cringe" whenever anyone tries anything new
>>
File: 1496457401903.gif (3MB, 355x201px) Image search: [Google]
1496457401903.gif
3MB, 355x201px
>>379000014
>projection: the post
>>
>>379000193
how does projection work in the context of my post? If I was a socially retarded fat anime posting sperg (like you), why would I, in the same post I was "projecting" from, say it's more fun to be edgy?

gas yourself you degenerate waste of oxygen and your mom's basement space
>>
>>378999702
Okay. Go into Walmart and start a fight with another customer after you've both checked out. You're not insulting the company and you both already spent your money, so they shouldn't ban you from the store by your logic.
>>
>>379000402
still projecting
>>
>>379000438
>a physical altercation
>calling someone a cocksucker

Entirely the same thing. Thanks for the education.
>>
File: trump laugh.jpg (29KB, 696x413px) Image search: [Google]
trump laugh.jpg
29KB, 696x413px
>>379000438
>a fight irl is the same as talking shit in The Cyber

get a load of this redditor loser
>>
>>379000653
They'll kick you out if you just stand at the end of the registers and shout obscenities at people after they've checked out too. Stop being obtuse on purpose and try to have an actual discussion. It'll be nice to talk and act like a human being for once, I promise.
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/HetRjcNZrDTEYcOGRO_ySg/
Stop replying to this garbage and report on sight.
>>
>>379000891
report it for what? making redditors angry?
>>
>>379000770
How about you try to compare like with like. Something like getting in an argument with someone cutting in a line wouldn't have got you banned from the store for life.
(I'll spell it out for you, the analogy is that someone being a shitter in a game and you calling them out is something of a similar degree of fault to what I just said)
>>
>>379001087
but it's nothing because it's on the internet and not real life and has no effect on either party
>>
>>378981082
Look at all that substantive speech. It was truly a loss to behold.
>>
You want to know why community managers put policies in place to curtail your behavior? Because you affect the bottom line. That's the reason. Positive communities tend to be more active and engaged, which means they'll tell their friends and encourage more signups/sales. Positive communities also tend to generate more sales over time, especially for F2P games. Guess what's anathema to having a positive community that spends money? Shit-flinging 20-year-olds pretending they're 12 and just learned the words, "nigger," "faggot," and the phrase, "I fucked your mom, niggerfaggot." You're fucking with the company's income.

If you affect sales, prepare to get the boot. You can bitch all you like on 4chan, "Waa waa muh free speech (((they))) are taking it away from me!"; but nobody in the industry gives a fuck about you and it's perfectly within their legal right to boot you out of the game regardless of what you've paid the company in the past. ToCs always have a right to deny service clause, and when you click "Install," you're agreeing to those terms. You aren't owed shit in recompense.
>>
>>379001192
are you paid to do this?

be honest.
>>
>>379001129
so it's got even less IRL impact to 'banter' online? kinda proves my point then.
>>
>>379001331
i wasnt the guy you were initially replying to
>>
>>379001316
>everyone who disagrees with me is paid, reddit, the same person posting as multiple people...
>>
This is one reason why dedicated servers are vastly superior to matchmaking. At least until the game dies down to a couple of servers.
>>
>>379001316
Yeah, I do. It's good pay too, I make $75k a year to permaban idiots who think that spamming "FUCK NIGGERS" in chat is fun.
>>
>>379001316
That's a cool No True Scotsman fallacy but he's right. No one owes you shit. But really, the only thing that's incomprehensible is how idiots like you can't get it through that no one likes shitheads and are treated accordingly.
>>
>>379001438
>>379001486
>>379001497

So I've got at least 3 very dedicated pro-censorship posters listed here...
>>
>>379001192
And yet it fails, MOBAs still have a reputation for being toxic places, maybe things have ''''''improved'''' with the waves of banhammering, but the general consensus is it's not a 'safe space' and that's just how it is.
>>
>>379001642
this. in fact it just makes the games more toxic as you cant tell the fucking retards how to improve or to just kill themselves. everyone is just a passive aggressive reddit pussy in those games
>>
File: Pay2win.jpg (103KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Pay2win.jpg
103KB, 500x667px
>Be an absolute shit talking piece of shit
>Get removed from community
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW CENSORSHIP

You knew what you signed up for when you started posting like you were on 4chan when you weren't on 4chan.

>Muh freedoms

Play something else if you dont like it
>>
>>379001553
The funny thing about "censorship" my dude is that the First Amendment doesn't apply to private platforms, which include online games and social media networks. Go take it up with the courts and watch them laugh you out.
>>
>>379001748
you keep posting this as the thread goes on

why? the same guy keeps posting variations of the same post. are you a bot?
>>
>>379001553
pro-censorship or pro-children being treated like children?
>>
File: 1490606914165.gif (365KB, 768x410px) Image search: [Google]
1490606914165.gif
365KB, 768x410px
>>379001880
>everyone who disagrees with my postmodern ideology is a child

this is why you lost
>>
>>379001087
Obscene language in a game is comparable to obscene language in the store. Both will get you kicked out and if you go to a store and repeatedly verbally abuse other customers, you WILL get banned. Stop trying to argue semantics or fallacies and try to actually refute the point.
>>
>>379001956
i voted for trump faggot
>everyone who disagrees with me is a bot, the same person, pro-censorship, a redditor, a democrat...
hmmm... weird how you act exactly like the thing you seem to despise
>>
Reminds me of that quote from Apocalypse Now.
"Men are trained to kill yet can't write FUCK on the side of their plane
That being said they host the servers. In America you're allowed to refuse service to people (especially if they're screaming profanities in your store)
It's the same thing.
>>
>>379001857
>/v/ is one person
>>
>>379002125
>lies about voting for Trump
>conflates 2 different posters
>defends reddit opinions

maybe you should... go back? like countless others have told you to
>>
>>379002118
But your original point was comparing me starting a fight in a store, an actual fight

Only now you backpedal and say obscene language in the store.

Incidentally, how dumb do you have to be to expect a proper discussion here, frankly I'm better than most people here because I haven't called you a nigger or a cuck yet
>>
>>379001642
>>379001720
Reputations aside, it clearly hasn't failed for MOBAs. League had an exceptionally toxic community in the past, and while it still carries that stigma, things like the Summoner's Code have gone a long way towards improving it.

Riot has hard guidelines against bad behavior, and most of it is done through automated process of reports. Like I said before, it doesn't matter what you've spent previously, you're going to get the boot.

Fact is that companies have an interest in protecting their revenue. If you're telling people to kill themselves in a video game, you're impacting that potential revenue. This isn't a hard concept to understand, and you can still disagree with it--but don't think that you're owed something or that your right to say whatever you want is protected in a game. Your choices are simple: abide by the rules and be allowed to play, or don't and leave or be made to leave.
>>
>People comparing going in a store and talking shit to doing the same online
Are you people serious? You can mute people or ignore/hide the chat. If it's still too bad, switch servers. And if you want a more serious game with less joking around, join a no fun allowed clan. Fucking babies who grew up with matchmaking. I bet you hate fighting in hockey too.
>>
>>379002308
>likes Trump
>hates Reddit
Choose one and only one
>>
>>378981082
I feel bad for anyone who had to deal with obvious underage b& playing an 18+ game.
>>
I think it's fucking stupid, but admittedly it's their game and as such they have the right to regulate the community how they feel.

That said, if they really are this restrictive on speech I'll just not buy whatever the fuck that game is or really any Ubisoft game really considering it's not like they haven't just been releasing the same 3 games over and over again.
>>
the thing about it is, if your bants are good you will be able to stay on the server. if not and you are just being an annoying cunt people will vote kick you. the power of democracy is grand
>>
File: 1289637000826.gif (46KB, 491x324px) Image search: [Google]
1289637000826.gif
46KB, 491x324px
All of you are idiots
>CODE OF CONDUCT

That's fucking it. You want to play our game using our multiplayer, you agree to, and abide by, the CoC. It's not ethics, its an agreement, a contract.

Do NDA's violate free speech?
>>
>>379002593
play a game of league and you have a 1 in 4 chance of having a rq on either side and a 1 in 3 chance of an autistic bitch fit being thrown by any given player when the game doesnt go their way. everyone wipes their ass with the "summoner's code" kid, don't joke around here. you haven't changed anything.
>>
>>379002723
>kick
You mean permanently banned.
>>
>>379002593
Has it helped? >>378987445 said the numbers are falling. Of course, sales will always peter off at a usual rate, but if X% of players have just given up on it, your 'improved' community has just cost you what you wanted to maintain. You have literally accomplished the opposite of your aim. In any other business, you'd have been having serious words with your boss.
>>
>>379002894
yeah suck on that CoC
>>
>>379003052
wah? people do not want you stinking up the place. go play somewhere else, is it that hard to figure out?
>>
>>379002894
Calm down, its just the millennials over at /pol/ flipping their biscuits again
>>
>>379003163
Then give back my $60.
>>
>>379002894
>code of conduct
>"no white men can play our game"

wow seems fair
>>
File: 1474884844407.jpg (5KB, 251x260px) Image search: [Google]
1474884844407.jpg
5KB, 251x260px
>>379002894
>B-But you're not allowed to think that's a bad thing!
Or you can speak out against putting such rules in place to show that you disagree with banning people for what they say.
>>
>>379003163
WHAT IF, they actually had a seperate queue for people who wanted a no-holds barred chat and section open up custom hosted servers

shit, it could be made very clear that it's a less strenuously enforced area/containment zone.
>>
>>379002894
You're absolutely right, however I do think the argument of whether the contract itself is fair and what is the line between"banter" and "harassment" an interesting topic worth discussing.
>>
>>379002634
Muting/ignoring only goes so far, and it's still something you had to do that took you out of the fun for a moment. It minimizes future abuse, it doesn't erase past abuse.

Negativity bias shows that negative events that occur are much more frequently recalled than positive events, even if they're of comparative magnitude. So let's say you're in a game, and someone is shit talking you throughout the match. Even if you mute that person and go on to win the match, your perception of that match will be negative.

Imagine this happens five times, and you win all five of those games with negative teammates or opponents. Imagine it happens 10, 20, 50, 100 times. If your friends ask you, "Hey, I see you playing a lot of X game. What do you think about it?" your predicted response is likely going to be, "The community is shit."

Make sense to you?
>>
>>379003534
What erases past abuse? You missed that part Mr. Pseud.
>>
>>379002517
No, my /original/ point was >>378999372 and then someone tried to say that wasn't comparable so I had to come up with another that you're saying isn't comparable, but my original point apparently was after all.

And after all these posts, I still have yet to see an actual refutation, just people shouting 'that's a fallacy, so I don't have to refute it.'
>>
>>378986446
Hello r*ddit
>>
>>378987445
>>379003096
You're conflating problems that League has. League has made some dumb decisions lately that agitated some pros, casualization of the mechanics and such. So the decline of League isn't due so much to community policies and guidelines, but more about how they aren't generating enough value in the eyes of their consumers. (By that I mean player value, not monetary value for the company.)

I also honestly don't give two shits about League, I don't even play the game. Someone else brought up MOBAs and I'm using that as an example of standard community practices.
>>
>>379004089
The most dedicated of players see trash talk as a fun addition to the game that adds a whole fun and social layer to the experience

perhaps removing that has severely hampered league in the long term? dunkey quit because of it, and riot doesnt seem to realize how important content creators and an organic banterous vibe and spirit are in keeping their community alive.

glad it's finally dead, about 4 years too late.
>>
>ignore/blacklists are ironically ignored
>IN THE FUCKING 2000 AND 17
>>
>>379003534
Saying this on 4chan of all places is just baffling to me. The "abuse" is just words from a fatass nigger in another city. If that ruins your fun, you need to kill yourself. Or you know, join a server with like minded Christians who are cool with killing for some reason.
>>
File: b4f.png (9KB, 353x291px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.png
9KB, 353x291px
>>379004323
retribution is simply better than ignoring the problem.
>>
>>379004089
League's the one that goes full ham with the banhammer, so yes, it's the best one to illustrate what happens with a community that draconian in moderation response.

If you don't play it, how do you even know about changes in mechanics, casualisation and all those dumb decisions then? You seem pretty certain about what the problems are with it.
>>
>>379004505
>retribution
You mean feeding the troll?
>>
>>379003697
Erasing past abuse is a long road. At least insofar as I've seen it work for others, and have implemented in games I've worked on, you have to show real willingness to commit to addressing the abuse, and have publicly demonstrable results.

I've also always found it worthwhile to figure out what the cause of the negativity is on the other end--not just people reporting bad behavior, but why other people are acting like that in the first place. Sometimes it's just people getting a laugh out of calling someone else a shitty player, othertimes it's because the person they're raging at actually IS a shitty player. That's not fun for that person either, so they lash out, get punished for lashing out, and then they go on 4chan and make threads like this one.

So working in tandem to both reduce the number of abuses in-game, raise the skill level of players so that they give other players less cause to throw salt at them...it's a juggling act.

If you're asking if there's a definitive moment where you can measure whether or not a particular individual gets over their negative feelings towards a game, fuck if I know outside of having seen players with issues make forum posts about how things feel a lot better, but overall that kind of thing can be measured in terms of reported post, volume of support tickets, etc.
>>
>>379004647
Making the troll waste 40 bucks is hardly "feeding".
>>
>>379004720
But because of that he will find another place and troll even harder than before.
>>
>>379004667
You mean "healing" past abuse?

Btw, if you're involved in league in any capacity, the best thing you should have done is "mute it if you can take it". that is all you had to do. now your game is not looking too healthy.
>>
>>378988429
>muh house, muh rules! I can kill you here and the law cant touch me cuz its muh house!
>>
>>379004924
*"mute it if you cant take it"

like it always was
>>
>>379004791
>Losing money will reinforce the idea that his problem was he wasn't trolling hard enough so he'll do the same thing to other games where he'll most likely lose even more money
I guess the phrase "Pretending to be retarded still makes you retarded" rings truer then I thought.
>>
>>379004954
Sept this is how it works in real life. Walk to your local retailer. ANY retailer and start hassaling all the other customers. Your ass will be bounced out of there by the police if not the store manager himself
>>
>>379004392
It's baffling to you because you don't run a business that depends on the happiness of its very large, very broad, often multinational userbase.

You're one person, with thick skin. Cool. Many millions of people do not have thick skin. They have fucking papyrus for skin, and some basement dweller from timbuk-fucking-tu telling them that they're shit, they need to go die, why the fuck do they play this game, uninstall and then kill themselves, etc. hikes their panties all the way up into their ass crack. And who suffers? After wiping away their tears with a tissue, they decide that it's the developer's fault for not creating an inclusive game, and some fucking two-bit journo writes about how great your game is but the community is a shit show, and then PR has to step in and do damage control.

And that's why people get banned from games, even when there's a mute option.
>>
>>379005057
Ever heard of "never ending cycle vengeance"?
>>
File: trolls.png (58KB, 932x1176px) Image search: [Google]
trolls.png
58KB, 932x1176px
>>379005057
How do you not understand how trolls work? Literally any attention is what they want. Even replies calling out their bait makes them keep going. Obviously if they were actually banned, most would see that as the ultimate compliment to their bants.
>>
>>379004667
What if it isn't abuse and the community enjoys the offensive banter? Much like how 4chan is fine with nigger and faggot, but other forums aren't.
>>
>>379005161
so PR is the real cancer here?

didnt gamergate show you the games press is garbage?
>>
>>379004924
Ugh, I'm not. I don't like League.

>>379004601
>how do you even know about changes in the mechanics
So, there's this thing called the internet. And y'know, in the course of working in the games industry, especially where player sentiment is involved, you tend to see people write twitlonger.com articles about "Rito doesn't care about its fans because they're changing the mechanics," and "Rito sold out to Tencent for the China audience." It's good to pay attention to those types of things when it's related to your business, even if you don't play it yourself.
>>
>>378986273
>make it an automatic mute and people can choose to unmute him if they want

That's actually a good idea
>>
>>379005345
That's a tough line. It's a big part of what hurt Killing Floor 2, actually. Part of what people loved about kf1 was the banter, and the devs lost a TON of goodwill when they removed 'insult players' and took a stance against it.

But it could be a good choice depending on what you want your community to be. Overwatch takes a soft stance against trash talk, but it aims for a more friendlier and less serious audience, so that makes sense there.

The best way is to enforce the same rules from day one and to make your whole image consistent. It's usually the change that gets people upset, not usually the act itself.
>>
File: How can this benefit me.jpg (86KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
How can this benefit me.jpg
86KB, 960x720px
>>379005231
Don't get me wrong anon. I'm one of the few here that is pro-bants and believe that guy did nothing wrong. But if it actually means someone is so stupid they think it's a sign to become more self destructive, maybe there is some humor to this system here after all.
>>
>>379005709
Oh, I misunderstood your point. I thought you were saying that you wouldn't believe someone would be so stupid to keep doing something after they got banned (punished) for it. I agree with you entirely, on both counts. I do support the developer right to ban when they deem appropriate as long as it isn't arbitrary, though I disagree with them using it to ban foul language.
>>
>>379005709
the vast majority of the posters here are pro-bants, it's just a couple of dedicated redditors who persistently shit up the thread to make it look like /v/ is more pro-censorship than we really are
>>
>>379005345
That's a super thin line. You're also never going to have a game community that universally enjoys smacktalk. You also need to consider that the company itself can be cast in a negative light, depending on what's said. Slurs relating to race, creed, religion, nation of origin, sexuality, etc. have to be explicitly stated to be against the code of conduct, otherwise if someone raises Cain about it the developer/publisher can therefore be said to have not done enough to prevent it, and that can be twisted to people saying that they PERMITTED it.

So if a select portion of the community enjoys banter, make a discord and invite people to do it there. Or do it on /v/.

>>379005367
About PR, not really. They're just doing their jobs. What I said is a super extreme example, I can probably count on one hand the actual number of times it's happened that a journalist has written about a community and someone had to go and say, "This is absolutely unacceptable, we don't stand for this and we promise to do better in the future. Most of our community is great..."

But overall, yeah, fuck journalists. Their relevance is waning; most marketing folks deal with influencers now and see higher returns on investment than for things like site buyouts (y'know, when IGN covers their whole site with a new game's ads). Clickthrough rates tend to be better for sources people trust, like streamers.
>>
>>379005076
>Sept this is how it works in real life. Walk to your local retailer. ANY retailer and start hassaling all the other customers. Your ass will be bounced out of there by the police if not the store manager himself

this is true. Hell, you can get banned:
http://5newsonline.com/2017/05/24/walmart-woman-filmed-making-racist-comments-banned-from-shopping-in-store/
>>
redditors BTFO
>>
>>378981082
>Ubisoft
>>
>>378981082
Free Speeches doesn't extend to virtual spaces owned by companies because they are considered private property. And you do support property rights, don't you?
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.