[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really that bad? I played the first one with friends in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Borderlands2boxart3.jpg (73KB, 250x360px) Image search: [Google]
Borderlands2boxart3.jpg
73KB, 250x360px
Was it really that bad? I played the first one with friends in co-op and it was really enjoyable.
>>
File: eaZrosc.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
eaZrosc.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
But then again, it's been 7 years now... Maybe it's just nostalgia goggles.
>>
Worse gunplay and gun variety than the first as well as unfunny for the most part and in some places straight up annoying or cringy story and dialogue. Level design, skill trees and game time are all improved though
>>
If you like the first, you like the second
>>
>>378969851
I always thought /v/ liked he first but hates the second. Or ist that just 'cause Anthony Burch?
>>
it was very fun when everything worked against everything, you could even choose which type of grenade or shield you liked, and it still worked fine

but once you got to level 53 or so you basically have to have a sandhawk, a bee, a sham, a magic missile, or some combination of equally specific shit just to make it through normal enemies
>>
>>378970128
This post is right >>378969658. The reasons why it was so hated are Gearbox, blatant shilling on /v/, and the memetastic writing by Burch. While BL2 did things wrong, it also improved some parts that were needed to be improved.

If you liked BL1, there's no reason for not to play BL2. If you also like BL2, play TPS.
>>
>>378969420
>BL1
>"Hey vault hunter, these goddamn bandits raided our camp, destroyed the water line, stole our supplies, and demanded water, then left because we no longer had any. I think they're camped out on Blood Moon ridge- retrieve our supplies and we'll make it worth your while

>BL2
>Ah, vault hunter, welcome to Dixx: The stripclub for women (and for men who now how to have fun <3). Anyway, my lesbian girlfriend Jayde took our money and ran. Can you find her? I think she's in the Ninja Turtle Sewers past the double rainbow. Oh, and watch out for the Pwner Rangers. Do all that, and you'll get an EPIC gift!
>>
>>378969420
It's fine. /v/ is full of faggots who get triggered if a single piece of tertiary dialogue makes a reference towards a characters homosexual relationship.
>>
>>378969420
Wtf
it's a great game if you're into farming for top tier gear. Also probably the best game in its genre.
Has a lot of paid DLC though.
>>
>>378971934
Faggot
>>
Personally I loved the first two games with a stupid amount of hours in both, If you enjoyed the first you'll enjoy the second. Playing with a friend is probably best.
>>
>>378969420
if you play the 2nd, get the unofficial community patch. this fixes a lot of balance issues that gearbox neglected.

https://mentalmars.com/game-news/borderlands-2-unofficial-community-patch/
>>
Pre-sequel was my favorite, most refined of the three and Athena is a blast to play as. Also very few annoying characters, compared to 2 which had a lot of claptrap and tiny tina
>>
online co-op was some of the best fun i've had gaming. i can't wait for part 3. but yeah some of the dialog was cheesy.
>>
>>378971934
faggot
a
g
g
o
t

>>
>>378974083
I liked the last DLC the best, that was a trippy adventure
>>378969420
It was a solid game but the dialogue and scaling past level 50 were no fun. You couldn't use any gear effectively unless it was minmaxed to hell and back.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.