[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why won't they release a JSRF port/HD remake. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: jsrf.jpg (147KB, 610x340px) Image search: [Google]
jsrf.jpg
147KB, 610x340px
Why won't they release a JSRF port/HD remake.
It's literally one of the greatest games ever created. Why do i have to suffer?
>>
>>378966729
It's on PC, brah.
>>
>>378966729
Play Hover. It's basically Future online.
https://youtu.be/othifj91Q3w
>>
>>378966729
Music licencing issues/Micro$oft
>>
>>378967787
That's the original game...
>>
>>378966729

Sega is at least aware of the demand for Future. Hopefully that translates to what you're asking for down the line.
>>
>>378968196
The character design looks like something from deviantart.
>>
>>378968464
They look fine ingame.
>>
Genuine question did future have better controls than the original game? I didn't remember jet set having such shit control until i played the port.
>>
>>378969564

The difference is night and day. Future has awesome controls.
>>
The Bayonetta and then Vanquish ports came outta nowhere suddenly in quick succession, there's a good chance I believe JSRF will eventually as well, although that could've just been Platinum wanting to port them rather than Sega.
>>
>>378968275
>Micro$oft

I don't think Microsoft actually had anything to do with Jet Set Radio Future, they don't appear in the credits anywhere. There's plenty of xbox exclusive Sega titles that were subsequently ported to other systems, it just seems the ones that didn't sell were never ported.

Sega only seems to have favored the xbox console early in the 6th gen because of the relationship the two companies developed during the DC days, not because of a paid exclusivity deal.
>>
>>378968196
Seconding this. I'm having a blast just running around at mach speeds
>>
How would you want them to handle Jet Set Radio 3, /v/? Do you think they'd screw it up?
>>
File: IMG_2150.gif (370KB, 206x176px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2150.gif
370KB, 206x176px
>tfw the only way to play is on an OG xbox because of emulation issues on 360
>>
>>378972128
You know they planned a JSR for the Wii right?
Sega scraped it.
>>
>>378966729
Because the music was like half the game and that's a bitch to license. It's the same reason why you never see Tony Hawk games get a rerelease and a god damn miracle we even got the first JSR rereleased.
>>
>>378966729
An anon wrote a paragraph about this a while ago that I wish I saved.

The jist of it is that music licensing is a nightmare because the music label they used when they developed the game has split apart into multiple different parties holding the rights to different songs

Also the Microsoft deal has something to do with it too
>>
>>378969564
JSRF are super smooth to the point where it feels like the game is on autopilot half the time. I honestly prefer JSR over it because of that even if it's harder initially.
>>
File: 1399582007179.jpg (719KB, 1440x966px) Image search: [Google]
1399582007179.jpg
719KB, 1440x966px
baby it's your baby teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>378968196
>Play Hover. It's basically Future online.
Except that it controls even worse, doesn't have any impact or satisfaction to doing the moves, the character designs look like deviantart rejects from 8 years ago and all of the non-naganuma music is terrible.

Game has been in early access for years and yet it still controls about as well as freejack, that shitty F2P MMO from years ago
>>
>>378969564
>>378969704
>>378973990
JSR has "realistic" controls that are heavy on momentum. basically if you aren't going down a hill to build up speed or jumping constantly you feel really annoyed at how clunky things are. also the dashing is only a slight boost and you can't manually do tricks

JSRF is more automated, you just sort of accelerate forward at all times, the dash is super strong because it's limited now and you can manually do tricks. This all sounds nice, but JSRF also kinda controls like a butter in a frying pan yet it also requires more platforming because the levels are a lot crazier vs the "literally what tokyo looks like" design of the first game.

Each has their charms but it's certainly a lot easier to get into JSRF.
>>
>>378972128
JSR and JSRF are each about half of the perfect game, they just need to cut out the jank bits of each and add some more polish

>>378973175
It wasn't even far enough along to be scrapped. It was a couple designs someone did and a few people saying "hey wouldn't it be cool if this happened?" and sega was like no thanks this is only 2008 or so and we're still trying to get past sonic 2006 and the general implosion of our company over the last 5 years
>>
>>378974697
My only complaint about the controls is that they made scanning and tagging the same key. It should be left click to scan right click to tag. Other than that it's pretty fun.
>>
>>378973979
Wasn't most of that true for JSR, and yet they still managed to get every song from every release of the game besides two?

How could it be any worse when JSRF has less overall artists?
>>
>>378975512

Despite what people may think, Sega has put a lot of effort into any ports they do as of late and understand that if a whole bunch of stuff is missing then people won't enjoy it. I'd be surprised if they don't try once or twice a year to see if they can get the music rights again to make the port, and just keep pushing it back when they can't.
>>
>>378966729
a lot of these HD versions are actually re-creations because the source code was largely thrown away. JSRF is in a bad spot of being graphically intensive and not super popular, so it's not worth the time/money to remake it
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.