[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy game on steam >once I'm at the final screen finalizing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

>buy game on steam
>once I'm at the final screen finalizing my purchase I switch to Library before the screen goes away after I click yes.
>Game is in library
>but no money was taken
>an amount of money equal to the cost of the game was actually added to my wallet

What the fuck happened guys? I don't want to try and replicate it or report it because I'm worried my account would get shut down. If I just never speak of it again would it be fine or would there be problems later down the road?
>>
Did you make a game, forgot you made it then bought it?
>>
>>378964615
No its definitely not a game I made, and even if I did that wouldn't explain how doing this actually gave me more money than I started with. I think its a software glitch of some kind.
>>
>>378964374
help pls

Can I just memory hole this or do I need to report the bug? I'm hesitant to do the latter because of how shit Steam support is.
>>
File: 1495826750771.png (110KB, 324x317px) Image search: [Google]
1495826750771.png
110KB, 324x317px
Doesn't it add the money to your wallet, and then take it out when you confirm the purchase? It's probably a visual bug, try restarting steam
>>
>>378965243
Restarted steam and the money is still there. 20 dollars from the card I bought to buy the game with, added with the amount of money the game cost, which was for some reason added to my account rather than subtracted.
>>
Just email Gaben directly about it, I'm sure reporting it on steam forums or whatever would get you banned because staff members are retards
>>
>>378965638
>I'm sure reporting it on steam forums or whatever would get you banned because staff members are retards

That's why I'm asking here, I don't want to get in hot water. Also are you being sarcastic or can I actually email Gaben?
>>
>I don't want to try and replicate it or report it because I'm worried my account would get shut down.
>Using Steam

You deserve it.
>>
>>378964374
Just close steam until tomorrow and act like you never noticed it. They cant blame you for anything and at worst will just rectify the glitch if they find out.
>>
>>378965761
Yeah, his email is [email protected] I think. I don't know if he actually personally reviews every single email, but even if it's not its his secretary or something, and they probably won't ban you without at least checking with the big guy first, and I don't think he'd have you banned.
>>
Don't fucking give those fat jews more money, then. Exploit it.
>>
Try to install the game. See it fit works.

Tell us what you see in your purchase history. Top-right -> Name -> Account Details -> View purchase history.
>>
>Retard accidentally charges something else
>>
>>378967378
>Try to install the game. See it fit works.

The game works.

>Tell us what you see in your purchase history
It says that 15$ were subtracted from my account, and yet the end result is the 20$ I bought + the cost of the game, equaling to 35 dollars.
>>
did you get an email
>>
>>378967715
Yes I got an email. Everything is working exactly as it should except I gained an amount of money equal to the price of the game instead of lost it.
>>
so uh can anyone report back here ?, to see if they can replicate the same instances.
>>
i'm trying it out right now, will report back
>>
>>378964374
>what is "processing"
>>
it actually sort of works.. the game turns up in the list and no money is withdrawn. but when you start the game it loads for 10 minutes then says "Steam could not verify the product" or something.

guess it comes down to timing or something.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.