[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't played this game basically since the Burning Crusade.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: world-of-warcraft-legion-review.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
world-of-warcraft-legion-review.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
I haven't played this game basically since the Burning Crusade.

When the hell did healers in PVP turn into raid bosses?
>>
>>378955762
cata iirc
>>
season 3 TBC when druids became good
>>
in BC
>>
>>378956120
>>378956339
This.
>>
>>378955762
They never did when you are a dps that isnt retarded and know how to use cooldowns.

I can see why 95% of the WoW population would think like you though...
>>
>>378956528
the only healer you can possibly still kill quickly are resto shamans and even then you need to be the right class and they need to not be good
>>
>>378956528
You cannot kill a healer as a solo DPS without popping everything.

This is just a fact. Two DPS are practically always required to kill a healer.
>>
If you didn't play original WoW at release you missed out and nothing will replicate the same experience.
>>
>>378956652
>>378956820
Stay bad while I'll keep doing what you cant.
>>
>>378957805
so I guess all those arena world champions just suck at the game? because they sure cant kill any healer (or anyone for that matter before like 30% dampening)
>>
>>378957929
An even safer bet is that youre a shitter and youre getting wreck by shitty healers that are easy to kill.
>>
>>378958123
ok m8
>>
This is now the official GIT GUD thread

If you can't kill a healer, then you need to GIT GUD and stop posting until you LEARN TO PLAY.
>>
PvPing in wow in 2017.

Honestly , No oldfag can tell me they enjoy the game pvp wise the same as they used to in BC/Wrath
>>
>>378958917
>No oldfag can tell me they enjoy the game pvp wise the same as they used to in BC/Wrath
You probably don't remember how completely broken PvP was back then, even in arena. That's the problem with nostalgiafags, they think that because they enjoyed games more back in the great beforetimes, that the games were better. The truth is you've just hit diminishing returns on the enjoyment of a ten year old game.
Arena is MUCH more balanced than it was in cata and the previous expansions, WoD had it's faults but even still the balance was better, leading to a better competitive environment. Legion pvp is great, the biggest issue is the refusal to normalize RNG for pvp, a problem that has persisted since the beginning of WoW leading to HUEG damage variance in burst, since it's much shorter a period than in PvE. Especially today with so much reliance on not just crits, but procs too.

PvP is great, it's only shit when it mingles with PvE shit. I quit because i just can't be arsed to level up an alt, i can't do a week or two's worth of farmville just to pvp a bit. Fuck that.
>>
>>378956528
I played a resto druid in wotlk and I couldn't be killed. 45 minute arena matches getting mana drained and I could still kick off HOTs because my mana would tick up so fast. Healers were broken as fuck and I loved every second of it.
>>
>>378959640
rating+team? i'll look it up and see if you made it past 3 games :)
>>
>>378959565
holy shit I can't believe someone would type out those words without breaking his sides
>>
>>378958917
Both PvP and End-Game was worse in Vanilla. It's the questing, the blind raids and the emergent gameplay that Vanilla did well and Retail abandoned.
>>
>>378959565
>normalize stats to make it fair
>introduce PVP levels with rewards to make it unfair
>itemlevel gives you more stats because fuck you

It's Blizzard spitting in our face at this point.
>>
>>378958917
i miss vanilla pvp

getting shit on by people in raid gear gave me motivation to get said gear and it was fun as fuck being an unstoppable god when i got said gear

resilience, pvp power, and stat normalization have no place in a fucking mmo. if i wanted to play a minigame where everyone is put on equal footing id play an actual skill based game instead
>>
>>378955762
Arena is fucked because it's just trade cooldowns until Dampening.
>>
>>378960031
What am i wrong about? Let me know.
>>378960128
PvP item level difference is completely marginal desu, but still retarded. They should just lock gear/AP/etc so everyone had the exact same shit in rated, but that will never happen because carebears want upgrades instead of MMR. The most shitty balanced factor is rng through crits/procs giving you a massive dps variance.
>>
>literally had to remove thorns from druids because dumb ass dps were too stupid to stop attacking
>>
>>378960681
how many nerfs have dr00ds had over the years? it takes half an hour to cast cyclone now, and we're still laffing and shifting into your poly.

glade street motherfucker!
>>
Cata when the numbers became XBOXHUEG
>>
>>378956339
>>378956381

This^2
Only way to win was heavy CC or Mana Burn.
>>
>>378958917
Because fights now take like 5 minutes, and that's without healers. The only time they are short is if one of the players are heavily under geared.
>>
>>378956820
You are very, very bad.
>>
>>378962720
t. OP healing class
>>
I wish people could Nostalgia properly.

>>378957562
is Right. NOTHING can replicate the experience. It was truly new and a brand new frontier. EQ and Ultima Online did not provide the sheer scope of people and cultural penetration WC did. It was a magical time.

It was also a broken time when the game was unbalanced and tons of shit that isn't good game design reigned. Half of the fun was breaking things and exploiting the coarse nature of the game. As well as just discovering stuff because YT guidesand wikis to every single thing didn't exist.

It was also a fucking slog with a lot of bullshit grinding.
>>
>>378963702
Should it be balanced though? It's a MMORPG, not a MMOBA. Balance at all costs kills the RPG part.
>>
>>378964304
I hear what you are saying, and agree to a point.

But some of the class imbalances in Vanilla and BC were absolutely absurd.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.