[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The wait for Aurora4x is killing me. Recommend me a good fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Tactical02.png (242KB, 2203x1335px) Image search: [Google]
Tactical02.png
242KB, 2203x1335px
The wait for Aurora4x is killing me.

Recommend me a good fucking game to help pass the time.

Already played Distant Worlds, need something else.
>>
File: SolSystem03.png (303KB, 2326x1318px) Image search: [Google]
SolSystem03.png
303KB, 2326x1318px
Are there no good games?
>>
>>378947539
What do you mean, "the wait"? It's more polished and feature-complete than half the games "released" in the past two years.

Master of Orion 1/2 (hell, even 3). Space Rangers 2. Galactic Civilizations 2. Alpha Centauri. But you probably know about them already. Replay anyway
>>
>>378948427
>What do you mean, "the wait"?
Aurora 4x is getting rewritten from scratch, the wait for the new release is agonizing.

and I was hoping for something new to scratch the itch.
>>
File: 1462511571258.png (383KB, 636x360px) Image search: [Google]
1462511571258.png
383KB, 636x360px
>>378947539
>Create bitchin' fleet complete with giant flagship
>Go to kick some xeno ass
>They have little ships that are simply engines with meson guns attached to them
>One gets close to flagship
>Shoots exactly once
>Hits my missile magazine
>Magazine fails the 97% chance not to fucking explode
>Entire flagship goes nuclear
>>
>>378948593
Wait, what? Somehow I missed the memo
>>
>>378949014
Thats what you get for loading up the flagship with explosives.

>>378949109
Aurora 4x is getting rewritted using C#, which should mean dropping all the bugs and more importantly performance issues that stemmed from using VB.

on the other hand, The developer doesn't know C# and is learning as he goes, so the risk for massive new bugs is real.
>>
File: ClassDesign.png (143KB, 1436x897px) Image search: [Google]
ClassDesign.png
143KB, 1436x897px
>>378949249
Oh and he's doing some minor UI redesign/improvements for the rewrite aswell.
>>
File: MPM-PythonMissileBarrage05.jpg (36KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
MPM-PythonMissileBarrage05.jpg
36KB, 720x480px
>>378949249
My mistake was expecting big ships so I brought big missiles.
Next time around I brought the same amount of explosives except instead set them up in a Macross-style missile barrage.

Sure some will be shot out of the void, but there's far more where that came from you little meson shits.
>>
>>378949550
Definitely wish him luck. I regard Aurora as one of the holy trinity PC simulationist games, along with DorfFort and Cataclysm DDA.
>>
>>378949652
>My mistake was expecting big ships so I brought big missiles.
Why not just send a scout ship first?
>>
>>378949846
I was learning.
One mistake at a time.
>>
>>378949980
The DF motto applies here too, losing is fun. atleast you got a memorable story from that mistake.

>>378949793
yeah, Aurora is a great game. its really a shame no other game bothered borrowing gameplay elements from it. like the 3-type sensor system, the logistics, the industry, the limited resources forcing you to constantly expand to new resource sites.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.