[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2 017-05-23-dragons-dogma-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: DragonsDogma.jpg (43KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
DragonsDogma.jpg
43KB, 250x310px
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-23-dragons-dogma-re-release-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one

Always remember

>WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS
>>
>Shitty boilerplate Fantasy RPG with flashy faceroll combat.

No thanks.
>>
They're masterworks all, you can't go wrong.
>>
Any word on performance? Dragon's Dogma barely ran on the 360 and PS3 back in the day, it sure would be nice if it ran smoother with the new release.
>>
JUST MAKE A FUCKING SEQUEL ALREADY CAPCOM YOU SHIT DICK FUCK BLADE CUNT RAGS
>>
>>378940525

The PC port ran like fucking butter even on toasters.
>>
All these re-releases must mean they're interested in a sequel.

R-right?
>>
File: 1495435068528.jpg (11KB, 226x225px) Image search: [Google]
1495435068528.jpg
11KB, 226x225px
>>378940576
>go to corner store in Japan
>see dragon's dogma online promotion
>die a little inside because it's one of the reasons there's no sequel
>>
Why not just make a second only without a shitty beginning and story?
>>
>>378940771
Which remasters for 8th gen have gotten a sequel?
Apart from Darksiders, nothing comes to mind.
>>
Are there any crazy mods for the PC version?
>>
>>378940876
I take a second even if it did have a shitty story.
>>378941003
I think I saw one that randomly made enemies spawn huge.
>>
>tfw warrior is a super slow underpowered letdown

gimme brainsplitter or something, I want to tear shit up
>>
>>378941003
Nothing crazy: Enb, retextures, some cheats and one that triples enemies spawns.
>>
>>378941120
Warrior is really good if you spam the heavy jump attack.
>>
>times you were meme'd into games by /v/

Playing through it now and holy crap it is so damn average and generic. The only good part is the SotC-style climbing and they managed to fuck that up too.
>>
>>378941147
Still pretty underwhelming. I wish there was a berserk option that increases damage/attack speed but increases damage taken or something
>>
File: pewpew.webm (3MB, 600x374px) Image search: [Google]
pewpew.webm
3MB, 600x374px
>>378941003
>>378941138
>Nothing crazy
Custom classes are pretty crazy.
>>
File: redhotfeelipeppers.jpg (49KB, 467x324px) Image search: [Google]
redhotfeelipeppers.jpg
49KB, 467x324px
>>378940818
Stop I dont want these feels
>>
>>378941172
This, the combat had a cool concept and the little personal differences were cool, but there was nothing that could even get me past the beginning, though I hear good things about the post game. Of course, I prefer story and more based games, so I guess I am stuck with Dragon Age for now.
>>
>>378941301
>Custom classes
It's just cheat engine...
>>
File: 1470430881761.png (218KB, 680x575px) Image search: [Google]
1470430881761.png
218KB, 680x575px
>>378940818
Capcom always does this, they just fucking love keeping shit Japan only because they can't be fucked to try and localize things
>>
>>378941335
Yeah, I'm about 25 hours in and nothing's impressed me so far, really should have stopped at the beginning. Combat feels very light and flimsy (just a bunch of headless chickens running around), not good or weighty enough to stand on its own like Dark Souls. Story and writing is complete generic drivel with no actual characters, only random faces spouting random generic lines of no consequence. Questing and exploration is pretty much just MMO-tier stuff, and the game has absolutely no visual style to speak of.

The only really nice part I find is the music.

All-in-all the game personifies "this is expected to be in a game like this, but we don't want to spend the effort to actually make it matter, and don't have the talent to make it actually good".
>>
>>378940973
Resident Evil
Street Fighter
Marvel
Dead Rising

off the top of my head
>>
>>378939197

Am I the only person in this thread who unironically enjoy the combat?
>>
>>378943709
No, the combat is one of my favourite parts
>>
>>378940576
>>378940771

Itsuno is only working on one game as far as we know. There is a 33% chance of a sequel being made if Itsuno is on board, and honestly, would you really want a DD2 if he isn't directing?

>>378940973
Devil May Cry
>>
aught
>>
>>378943709

Are you retarded? The combat is one of the few things Dragons Dogma got right.
>>
File: dragonsdogma.jpg (316KB, 950x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dragonsdogma.jpg
316KB, 950x1200px
oh boy dragons dogma thread
>>
>>378939197
>literally the fourth rerelease of Dragon's Dogma
Are they going to have to undecuple hendecuple dip before they finally make a fucking sequel?
>>
>>378940818
>Monster Hunter Online is the reason why there will never be a Monster Hunter PC game
>>
Can i respec my character on ng+
>>
>>378944031
>would you really want a DD2 if he isn't directing?
Considering that game directors rarely mean quality (See also, Shinji Mikami) I'd be skeptical, but still game.
>>
>>378939197
Are they at least gonna tweak it?
Or are they hoping for the 60fps experience like PC got?

Mouse Aim on archers is amazing.
>>
>>378944151

>The combat is one of the few things Dragons Dogma got right.

That's what I thought, but then you have opinions like these:

>>378939931
>>378941172
>>378941335
>>378942026

Makes me wonder if the combat is actually good or if it's just another /v/ meme
>>
Am I the only one who absolutely hates the Alchemist from Online?

Why make an alchemist if they're just gonna make him play like a standard monk with extra goofy crystal effects?
>>
>>378943709
It's serviceable, not much more than that. And the climbing is so fucking stupid and a wasted opportunity.

>the eye is exposed! hit its eye!
>creature immediately starts thrashing for like 30 seconds during which time you can't do shit

>climb up, hit eye once, then immediately get swatted down by unavoidable attack

>climb up, unavoidable grab before you can reach the head, waggle QTE for 5 fucking seconds

>start climbing, camera/creature swings around so you can't see where you are

>start climbing
>up is up, down is down
>get a little further
>up is left, left is down, down is right, right is also down
>>
>>378944763
>Listening to contrarian casuals
Bad idea. It has flaws yes, but it's probably the best one in the "genre".
>>
>>378944763
>there are no contrarians on /v/
It has problems and the combat is by far the best part of a mediocre game salvaged from a potential MOM and larger project, but it's enjoyable.
Chances are it'll be $40 or so USD too.
>>378944790
I like the effects.
>>
>>378944763
the combat is mechanically no different from something like pso1, aside from the climbing which you outlevel anyway. Retards on /v/ confuse mechanics with visuals and that's why you see idiots talking like DD and Nier have the best combat systems ever when in reality they just like watching the animations
>>
>>378941120
>playing as a warrior
>get to the archydra at the everfall
>heads are way out of my reach, but the only place I can damage it
>window to counterattack when it moves its heads down to attack is practically non-existent
>can't climb up on it and attack because 2-handed weapon
>spend nearly an hour occasionally plinking at it with jump + light attack
This game doesn't deserve a sequel.
>>
>>378945089
>can't climb up on it and attack because 2-handed weapon
What? Did you also forget to get a source for fire damage too? Seriously?
>window to counterattack when it moves its heads down to attack is practically non-existent
The Hyrdra cocks it's head back and slams it down long enough for a 2h combo.
>>
>>378945089
>>can't climb up on it and attack because 2-handed weapon
You haven't even tried and saying that shit? Fuck you, even with climbing 2h sword does hell of a damage with light attack
>>
>>378944763
It's probably the best part of the game, but that's not saying too much in my opinion. It's very hectic and random and the AI is most of the time just running back and forth like crazy, so your party ends up doing the same. There's very little deliberation and weight to it like Dark Souls, and I would classify the feel as somewhere in between that and straight-up Diablo click-click-click combat.
>>
>>378944763
>Makes me wonder if the combat is actually good or if it's just another /v/ meme

The combat is ridiculously poorly balanced, you're either gonna do 1 damage to an enemy or everything is a total pushover with almost no in-between, it's basically impossible to get a good middle-ground because the difficulty curve is absolutely fucked; the game's "hard mode" is not even a proper "hard mode".

The combat is visually appealing but it totally shits the bed when it comes to actually being engaging.
>>
>>378940525
on played the pc port at constant 60/1440p even with 3 magic cannons
>>
>>378945252
Is there any way to control what buffs your pawns use?

I have rented wizard pawn and constantly getting into the situation where I'm facing some creature that I'm doing 1 damage to on every hit, and I have to pointlessly go at it just waiting for her to give me some buff so I can actually do some damage.
>>
>>378945252
>What? Did you also forget to get a source for fire damage too? Seriously?
Had fire enchants, but with no way to consistently hit the fucking thing in the head they didn't help much. Also it's my first playthrough so I had no way of planning ahead.
>The Hyrdra cocks it's head back and slams it down long enough for a 2h combo.
Maybe if it conveniently lands right next to you without hitting, but it never did. If it didn't hit me, I had to run for it.
>>
>>378945595
The only real way to "control" it is to either only have the flame enchantment on the pawn OR to make the pawn realize that it "ill-likes fire". The latter is much easier since you just either need to read the tome or make it see it.
>>378945750
Hmm... This would have made much more sense if you've seen Mercedes chucking a blast barrel at the first Hydra, though it requires you to fail, which is almost impossible.
>>
>>378945921
Shit like this is why I have to wonder if some games were even playtested. Why the fuck couldn't they have just made one Help (Heal/Rescue) and one Help (Buff) command?

Even with creatures they've realized ill-likes fire I'm only very sporadically getting buffed, usually when there's one left that's already half-dead.
>>
>>378946641
Yeah, the game is obviously rushed out the door and Capcom forced to budget to "graphics". Now we can only jack off to what it could have been.
>>
>>378939197
Always remember

There's a PC version
>>
>>378940771
The sequel is DD Online, they've confirmed that several times.
>>
File: happy white dragon.png (76KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
happy white dragon.png
76KB, 230x300px
>>378939197
What if I told you all the PS4-exclusive content was two new vocations? Can that even work?
>>
>>378946912
Hmm.. exactly what does the word "re-release" entail though? For real though, even small additions like that would improve the opinion of some people enough to buy it,
>>
>>378946912
It would be shit ported over from DDO if that was to happen, and at that point they might as well just localize the whole thing if new vocations are enough to make people buy the game
>>
File: CmdYldxUcAAGXo_.jpg large.jpg (399KB, 2048x2028px) Image search: [Google]
CmdYldxUcAAGXo_.jpg large.jpg
399KB, 2048x2028px
>>378947036
They have to gauge interest after all!
>>
>>378946912
there's no exclusive content. It's just a re-release.
>>
>>378947136
They've had over a year to guage interest
Capcom won't localize things without someone paying them to do so at this point, and nobody is going to pay them to localize DDO
>>
>>378946743
Sad if true since the game looks like ass anyway. It could have used a healthy dose of stylization, and even Dragon Age Origins looks better today because of that.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.