[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread. Post >Favorite game >Favorite/most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: latest.jpg (638KB, 640x901px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
638KB, 640x901px
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread.

>Favorite game
>Favorite/most used weapon
>Favorite Armor
>Freedom or Duty
>Favorite mod (if applicable)

Go.
>>
>>378937097
I'll go first.

>Favorite game
Call of Pripyat

Probably Streloks SGI-5k, but that's mainly because it's objectively the best assault rifle in the game, seeing as it can mount any type of add-on, and has high stats all around, especially damage.

I'm also partial to the normal over under hunting shotgun, because it's accuracy and speed is fucking amazing in COP, and it can be found in the first 40 seconds of the game if you know where to look.

>Favorite armor
Bulat Armored Suit along with the tactical helmet. Pretty much the highest bullet defence in the game when together (higher than the exoskeleton I believe) whilst giving me enemy locations on the map, and not forcing me to side with Duty. It's cool as fuck.

>Freedom of Duty
Freedom.

Dutyfags can die.

Captcha: merc road
exactly where I don't wanna go
>>
File: merc road.png (49KB, 403x343px) Image search: [Google]
merc road.png
49KB, 403x343px
>>378937208
forgot pic
fuck
>>
>>378937097
>Favorite game
SoC. the original, the comfiest.
go Vintar or go home
>Favorite Armor
i've never been a fan of the big bulky ones with the extra weight and shit, i prefer the simpler ones
>Freedom or Duty
neither. if you aren't a Loner you aren't shit, faggot.
it's been forever so i can't really remember but there was one that combined AMK with another mod that added some randomized stuff that was the best.
>>
Part1/2

Anyone here have any experience with the Call of Misery mod for the Call of Chernobyl mod?

So, I recently downloaded the Call of Chernobyl mod, and I learned of the existence of a Call of Misery mod that is supposed to be applied to the Call of Chernobyl mod. It also needed a translation patch, since originally it's only in Russian. However, I'm having trouble making this work.

So, right now I've got 5 files installed. All extracted.

Call_of_Chernobyl_1_4_12

1.4.16_patch

1.4.22_patch.1

Call_of_Misery_1.0_fix2

CoM_English_Translation_v1.0.14
>>
>>378937394
Part 2/2
So, from what I understand, to install Call of Misery (CoM) into Call of Chernobyl (CoC), I need to have the base CoC game (Call_of_Chernobyl_1_4_12) with the 1.4.16_patch installed, and not the 1.4.22_patch.1 installed, as the CoM mod will only work with the earlier patch.

Then, if I want to have the CoM mod in English, I need to install the CoM_English_Translation_v1.0.14 into the Call_of_Misery_1.0_fix2.

Then, finally, I need to install the Call_of_Misery_1.0_fix2 into the Call_of_Chernobyl_1_4_12 folder.

How do I accomplish this where there are practically no instructions that tell me which folder goes where?

The translation patch had a readme file which states "To install, copy the gamedata folder over your CoM install's gamedata folder.". I don't even understand what that means. Do I copy the translation gamedata folder into the CoM gamedata folder? Or do I copy the contents of the translation gamedata folder into the CoM gamedata folder? Or do I copy the contends of the configs/scripts/texture folders from the translation gamedata folder into the CoM gamedata configs/scripts/texture folders?

That was JUST for the translation patch.

There are ZERO instructions for how to copy the 1.4.16_patch into the Call_of_Chernobyl_1_4_12 folder, nor are they any instructions for copying the Call_of_Misery_1.0_fix2 folder into the Call_of_Chernobyl_1_4_12 folder. There is one readme file in the CoM folder, but it's all gibberish random letters and symbols.

I tried copying contents of folders into identical contents of folders from the CoM mod into the CoC mod, but that just made my game refuse to start.

Why is life so difficult?

Why do I suck?

Please help. What do I do? What do I copy where?
>>
>Favorite game
Nigga dey all good
AK47 for maximum rooskie
>Favorite Armor
Probably the SEVA suit, sprint-ready exoskeleton in CoP
>Freedom or Duty
Loners
I've recently completed the trilogy in vanilla+grafix/community patches, so there
>>
>>378937324
>>378937478

niggas the question wasn't what your favorite faction to be a part of, the question was freedom or duty, implying what's better

everyone already knows loners are the best
>>
>>378937534
Loners
>>
>>378937560
GET OUT OF HERE STALKER
>>
Favorite bonfire story?

Mine is, pardon the crude translation:

>bandits capture stalker, start dipping him in a water filled barrel
>"Loot, artifacts, money?" - "Nope"
>they give him another dip
>"Loot, artifacts, money?" - "Nope"
>several dips later, stalker gets pissed: "Dip deeper, water's murky, can't see if there's any".
>>
>>378937806
Yeah, that one's pretty good, my favorite is

>man meet other man at bar, he look sad
>first man ask second man why sad
>second man says
>"oh, is very sad, wife have to lay with soldier to get potato, feed baby"
>first man smile
>he know there is no potato

Truly a classic.
>>
>>378937940
Shit, never heard that one. Still, I like how there are really dumb ones often told around fires. Captures zeitgeist perfectly.
>>
>>378938347
I was fucking with you anon.

That story doesn't exist.
>>
>>378937097

>SoC
>Toz 34
>Bandit or Monolith
>Don't care lol
>AMK
>>
>>378938565
Da ya zh tebya granatoy, frier
>>
>>378938621
byeree lyemoncheek obratno, meeloy stalkyer
>>
>>378937097
CS
bulldog
seva
freedom
in the process of finishing the trilogy but moded this time
>>
Played S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl.

Game ran at 20 FPS on low settings on my 1080TI/i7/16gb ram.

Still tried it, but it was too bugged.

Uninstalled and went back to Fallout 4.

At least I got the whole series for like 5 bucks on a Steam sale, so no big deal.
>>
>>378937097
>Favorite game
SoC
unique sniper LR-300
>Favorite Armor
Healing Beril
>Freedom or Duty
Mercs
>Favorite mod
SGM 2.1 or Stalkersoup 1.0.9.9
>>
File: 100345.jpg (28KB, 412x538px) Image search: [Google]
100345.jpg
28KB, 412x538px
>>378937097
>Favorite game
Call of Pripyat. Best sidequests
Pimped Obakan
>Favorite Armor
Berill, Bulat for late game
>Freedom or Duty
Duty. Freedom are mutant lovers and NATO puppets
>Favorite mod
Call of Chernobyl. I just like freeroaming
>>
Just started playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for the first time.

Got really fucking pissed at how they start you off with a pea shooter that takes like 5 rounds to bring down an enemy.

I'm at a part where I have a waypoint marker down the road but when I go towards it the game tells me I don't have the right radiation protection and then kills me instantly. Where do I get this shit?
>>
>>378939241
The bridge? There are multiple ways across, look harder.
>>
>>378938950
Okay
>>
>>378939241
probably need a seva suit or something

pretty sure this has been answered a million times on google
>>
>>378939241
You need more vodka
>>
>>378937097
>Favorite game
Call of Chernobyl
Thunder S14
>Favorite Armor
Either the Ghost Suit or some of the high Duty's armors
>Freedom or Duty
Duty
>>
>>378939747
I went retarded, Shadow, Not Call
>>
>>378939241
>don't have the right radiation protection and then kills me instantly

What are you even playing? The game doesn't have any instant kill moments. You aren't playing it modded, right? The vanilla game is perfectly functional as long as it is patched.
>>
>>378939241
Take your time, look around, and use your brain. Don't just walk at map markers hoping to reach your goal
>>
>>378939869
He's probably not noticing his health going down and then thinking he died instantly or something.
>>
>>378937097
SoC
Mosin Nagant from the arsenal mod. AK47 for vanilla
STALKER suit for full stalking
Duty
AMK
>>
>>378939869
The far end of the Cordon bridge has a radiation zone that will max out out your radiation every update. You can get across if you have antirads, but most new players aren't going to find the freebies in the village.
>>
>>378937097
>Favorite game
SoC
Sniper VLA
>Favorite Armor
SEVA suit
>Freedom or Duty
Duty
>>
File: Groza_1024.jpg (157KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Groza_1024.jpg
157KB, 1024x768px
How the fuck am I the first for the Groza
>>
File: death.png (2MB, 1920x1046px) Image search: [Google]
death.png
2MB, 1920x1046px
>>378939869
>>378940158
Oh, and these things are instakill if you touch them because of a bug that keeps maxing out radiation even after you've long left the zone
>>
>>378939230
>>378939747
>>378940116
>>378940180

>all these duty fags

just die already

the zone is cool as fuck and it should stay cool without you cunts trying to destroy all the amazing things it has
>>
>>378937097
>>Favorite game
Shadow of Chernobyl
>>Favorite/most used weapon
Any. Groza, AN94, SVU, LR300, L85A1, pump-actions, semi-auto shotties, over-under>sidexside shotties, Makarov.
>>Favorite Armor
Armored SEVA
>>Freedom or Duty
Monolith. Very little worry about blue on blue, if it's human you generally shoot right away. Fuck duty, fuck freedom, fuck you.
>>Favorite mod (if applicable)
Call of Chernobyl.
>>
>>378940885
>over-under>sidexside shotties
I honestly would love to ask the developers what the point was of having the side by side double barrels shotgun, it's such a completely garbage weapon with awful range. Is it just for challenge runs? There's no assault rifle equivalent of such a shit weapon.

Meanwhile the TOZ over under shotgun has the same instantaneous firing speed, but fucking AMAZING accuracy. Pretty much the best out of all the shotguns.

If I was ever going to do a challenge run, you can bet your ass that's the weapon I would love to do it with. Shit stands toe to toe with the other late game shotguns. It's just cool.
>>
File: The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg (636KB, 986x897px) Image search: [Google]
The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg
636KB, 986x897px
>>378937097
>Favorite game
SoC
tie between AK and VSS
>Favorite Armor
SEVA
>Freedom or Duty
Freedom
AMK1.4

>>378939241
>Got really fucking pissed at how they start you off with a pea shooter that takes like 5 rounds to bring down an enemy.
Aim to the head, mate. Loot better shit.
I personally love the "hobo phase". Underlines the *survival* aspect, and you don't just run & gun.

>I'm at a part where I have a waypoint marker down the road but when I go towards it the game tells me I don't have the right radiation protection and then kills me instantly.
that shouldn't happen at all. Keep off the high hills though.
>>
>>378941101
Probably just a purposely shit weapon to give to early game enemies so they don't completely wipe the floor with the player in the first hour of gameplay.
>>
>>378941101
>I honestly would love to ask the developers what the point was of having the side by side double barrels shotgun, it's such a completely garbage weapon
Nigga what? It's literally a goddamn BOOMSTICK. Up close and personal, it one-shots all early-game enemies, and remains as a valid choice against mutants. The slug & dart ammo do also increase its reach, though I wouldn't snipe with it.

But once again, it's part of the pseudo-RPG-like progression system. You start with the bottom of barrel trash, and your first non-proclaimed objective is to acquire better arsenal. It's pretty much the only thing kinda stopping you from running from the start to the very Chernobyl NPP within the first few minutes; still doable, not advised. I did do one hobo-challenge run in SoC some 10 years ago though, using only double barrels and pistols + leather jackets.

FYI, there's no TOZ in vanilla SoC.
>>
>>378941812
>FYI, there's no TOZ in vanilla SoC.
That's down to you interpretation of "in". It's in the game, you just can't get it without adding it to a trader/stash/npc.

>full health
>stone blood
angery
>>
>>378941812
I know there is no TOZ in vanilla, but practically every other weapon in SOC is several orders of magnitude better than the boomstick in terms of actual usefulness in a general playthrough.

In a game like COP, I can justify using the TOZ late game. In SOC, there's no way to justify using the boomstick at all late game. Literally fucking all other shotguns are better in every way, and even starter assault rifles are far better and can be used for most of the game.
>>
>>378941976
>but practically every other weapon in SOC is several orders of magnitude better than the boomstick in terms of actual usefulness in a general playthrough.
...including Mak and its suppressed sister?
In general I'd say all pistols are practically useless in vanilla.

Also, the AKS74-U is pretty much the Sawnoff of the ARs.
>>
Gunslinger when?
Ray of hope when?
>>
>>378937097
>Favorite game
SoC
hobo: Toz-34
mid game: some AK with bells and whistles
late game: Vintar
>Favorite Armor
whatever
>Freedom or Duty
Freedom
OGSE, but i didn't play many of them
>>
>>378940340
why do you love this ugly piece of shit
>>
>>378942090
The 74/2U is so much worse than the sawn-off. You might as well just throw the bullets at the enemies, it's not like it'll be any less effective.
>>
>>378942090
Well I didn't really mean pistols since everyone already knows how godawful they are, and they are a sidearm, not a primary weapon.

That said, I'm not sure if I'd prefer to go through the game with just a shotgun or just a pistol. I feel like just using that shotgun would make SOC impossible, while the pistol would be extremely hard but doable.
>>
>>378942807
>I feel like just using that shotgun would make SOC impossible, while the pistol would be extremely hard but doable.
I got the opposite feeling. The buckshot itself is nearly OP at point-blank ranges, which is very handy in all the labs and indoor fighting. At long range, slugs would help quite a bit.

Meanwhile, pistols have shit reach, shit armor penetration, and that kinda static rate of fire.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.