[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't forget to buy to Wipeout next week anons. Sony is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

File: wipeout-omega.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
wipeout-omega.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Don't forget to buy to Wipeout next week anons. Sony is gauging interest for the series with this and it might lead to more things if it gets enough support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc0D9asmPzQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNCRhD6z3Mk
>>
That's sooner than expected, I preoreded it but I thought it was getting a july release. I cant wait to play personally.
>>
>>378931728
>Sony is gauging interest
Does sony own wipeout now? I remember it being on saturn and n64 also.
>>
>>378933857
They bought the studio that made Wipeout shortly after those Saturn and N64 releases. That's also why they had to power to close them down when 2048 didn't meet expectations.
>>
>>378934169
Ah, gotcha. I only played the original on PS1 and Wipeout HD on PS3. Fun games although i wish they had more depth, car/ship tweaking, story, something.
>>
>>378934337
>car/ship tweaking
Wipeout Fusion had a tuning system, where you could earn money to upgrade ship stats. However, if your upgrades hit certain thresholds, the other teams would automatically upgrade to match, so there was little benefit outside of pumping one stat to the max for a particular event. There's also the fact that Fusion was shit, and plays nothing like the other games (this may be a point in its favor if you dislike the physics of the PS1 Wipeouts).
>story
There's a surprising amount of lore in the manuals and in-game descriptions (Pulse's manual even had an in-universe description to 'explain' a bug that made one team overpowered in the previous game), but no in-your-face story like with other games.
>>
File: Redout.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Redout.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Redout or Wipeout?
>>
>>378935087
Redout. The passive/active powerups are more fun than the weapons in wipeout. It controls better too. Strafing with the right stick feels so intuitive, I can't go back to anything else. I even changed F-Zero GX's controls to be like Redout.
>>
>>378935087
Definitely Redout. They clearly were inspired by Wipeout and F-Zero but iterated upon that with improvements to control and loadouts that really improved the core gameplay.

I love that simple addition of strafe.
>>
>>378935087
I feel like Redout overdoes it with all the post process effects. I get that they want it to look like it's fast but it ends up looking like a smear
>>
>>378931728
What the hell is Omega? This is the first time I've heard of it.
>>
>>378935978
Collection of Wipeout 2048, Wipeout Fury, and Wipeout Fury HD.

All @ 1080p60 with better textures, etc...
>>
>>378935087
Redout, the technical skill of racing in that is much higher and it is so fun.
>>
>>378935636
>>378935702
How the fuck do you make turns in redout without the extra grip ability
>>
File: wow it's fucking nothing.jpg (27KB, 290x350px) Image search: [Google]
wow it's fucking nothing.jpg
27KB, 290x350px
>>378936051
>>
>>378936051
Also playlist tweaks. I don't normally listen to these types of songs but holy shit is this playlist spot on
>>
File: formula fusion.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
formula fusion.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>378935087
Psh, step over kid, there's a new king on the block.
>>
>>378936169
SHAKE IT

DON'T BREAK IT
>>
>>378935087
BallisticNG.
>>
>>378936126
strafe in the opposite direction of the steering. if the ship has bad handling you could slow down or brake a little for the really sharp turns. there is a detailed guide in the steam community page.
>>
>>378936215
>unfinished garbage
LOL
>>
>>378935786
>post process effects
They can be turned off, so its not a big problem.
I have a lot of fun with Redout, but boy do i suck at steering.
>>
>>378931728
>give money to sony for this fucking rehashed Wipeout Pulse and Pure AGAIN + 2049 stages
>all the good music was removed
>Sony who shut down studio liverpool

yeah nah, fuck this shit ass cashgrab
>>
>>378934337
I actually prefer Wipeouts relative simplicity. Using roll boost, anticipating turns and keeping total control of the ships still requires a good amount of effort, while still being accessible to newcomers who might play it like an ordinary racing game. Also art direction and tracks are extremely important in a game like this and it's why I could never get into Redout or the like. Wipeout is simply unbeatable on that front. So distinct.
>>
>>378936439
So what you are saying is you are a pleb with no skill.
>>
>$40 for 2 games I already own

Fucking why. I don't have bottomless pockets and I already plan on getting an actual new game this month. As much as I love Wipeout this is not a very good deal for actual Wipeout fans.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (136KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
136KB, 1600x900px
why does /v/ hate me?
>>
>>378936524
Depends on how much you care about the graphical improvements and 2048. 4K HDR Wipeout has me rock fucking hard so I personally can't wait to go back.
>>
>>378936618
Its just really bad, slidey garbage.

OK OST though.
>>
Fast RMX is better because it's on Nintendo.
>>
>>378931728
>look at their other videos
>there's this madness

I love Wipeout so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUXYb4xpEOU
>>
File: 3294873984723794.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
3294873984723794.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
>>378931728
AWWW YESSSS

SEPUKKU THWARTED
>>
>>378934169
>That's also why they had to power to close them down when 2048 didn't meet expectations.

Why are we supporting Sony again?
>>
Wait The music is different for the collection?
>>
>>378937261
it's okay when sony does it
>>
>>378937261
Because keeping an entire studio open for a one, now somewhat niche franchise in the current economical environment would be a terrible waste of money. I'm honestly more surprised Sony kept them open for as long as they did. 2048 in itself was a pleasant surprised.
>>
>>378937329
No they just combined HD/Fury and 2048 and curated it. As far as I know the best tracks are still in and the new ones are welcome additions.
>>
>>378937329
Even if it's not good you can probably make your own playlist and just put in music from the other games or whatever you want like in HD
>>
I like wipeout as much as the next guy but this doesn't seem like a good deal since I can play wipeout hd, furry, and 2048 right now
>>
>>378936739
2048's tracks suck, so who does care?
>>
>>378934169

They bought them before that in 1994. Psygnosis already had signed contracts with Nintendo and Sega for the next gen consoles for a few games they were pitching like Wipeout and Destruction Derby. Sony tried to get sneaky and internally cancel those versions for "Not meeting quality standards". Sega and Nintendo took Sony to court for such obvious bullshit and won which is why those games eventually came out even though Sony did pull some bullshit like sub-licencing the Destruction Derby IP to THQ and having Looking Glass make it instead of porting DD 2.

The contracts ran out eventually and Sony started winding down the Psygnosis name which is why Wipeout 3 was only on PS1 and didn't even come out on PC (Despite the previous two games being on PC)
>>
But I want the PS1 styled box and im a burgerclap
>>
>>378938990
Except they aren't m8
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yEJCQdee8vk
>>
>>378939570
I meant the race tracks, not the sound tracks.
>>
>>378936306
Yeah, strafe in the same direction of a turn for a smoother, tighter turn than normal steering. Turn away for a fucking jacknife motion.
>>
File: download.png (6KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6KB, 205x246px
I'm gonna pick it up once my gf gets a job. We're so short on cash so I might need to get third job.
>>
>>378936434
I has a HARD learning curve, and the game doesn't do enough to teach players how to properly turn.

But get used to bumping walls. I've had to get better simply because my Lunare Scuderia ship has ass hull integrity.
>>
>buy this rehash so that they may actually make a new game
>>
>>378939748
the Lunare Scuderia is the git gud machine.
>>
>>378939807
they won't make a new game. the franchise has gone stale a long time ago. what could they possibly do to innovate or improve the formula?
>>
File: 1495381738312.jpg (41KB, 482x549px) Image search: [Google]
1495381738312.jpg
41KB, 482x549px
>the 11 hour stream video was deleted by youtube because of copyright
>feisar_2097 probably won't upload more videos despite saying he would
>that A+ race video will probably get deleted too
>>
>tfw starting playing HD again after a 8 years blank before collection a few days ago and sucking hard
I did manage to beat Zico again easily and reach Zone 110 on syncopia, but I need to relearn the tracks
>>
Does this have custom races? I know 2048 didn't.
>>
>>378936374
it's actually finished and getting released out of early access

it's still garbage though
>>
>>378940198
you mean racebox like HD did? (aka letting you pick anything without using the campaign)

if so, yes -- does for 2048 portion of the game as well, the A+ OP video literally does that since hadn't unlocked anything yet
>>
>>378940301
Then I'll pick it up, Wipeout is good to pick up and put down for that kind of thing.
>>
>>378940207
i think it still needs more time. the u.i. is ass.
>>
>>378939813
Oh, it absolutely is. Great acceleration, speed, and handling but you are absolutely punished for sloppy driving and turns.
>>
>>378931728

is that norwegian dude streaming again?
>>
>supporting them whoring out wipeout's carcass after they killed off studio liverpool
nah fuck sony, hope they bleed money from this and have to close down more studios to cover the costs and eventually go bankrupt
>>
>>378942339
he streamed for a good 11 hours, he's probably sleeping now

also, while he said he'd upload videos... actually probably won't do anything anymore until release

this is the link to the old stream.. and well.. "blocked on copyright grounds"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXy48O9hQ2o
>>
>>378931728
Nigger there hasn't been an actual home console wipeout game that wasn't a port since fucking 2002.

Sony knows exactly how popular wipeout is and it's enough for them to keep milking the exact same assets over and over but not enough for them to actually invest in an actual new game. They dissolved the studio for fuck sake. I feel like I've been playing the exact same tracks for ten years, just upscaled over and over. Fuck them, I'm done, I'm out. Call me when an actually new wipeout game comes out.
>>
File: 1488677578062.jpg (46KB, 670x370px) Image search: [Google]
1488677578062.jpg
46KB, 670x370px
>>378943091
It did.
>>
File: 1386973844250.jpg (231KB, 1452x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1386973844250.jpg
231KB, 1452x1200px
>>378939939
Fuck. Well, let's hope for the best anon.
>>
>no custom soundtrack
Hard pass
>>
File: 1450031550981.gif (2MB, 470x437px) Image search: [Google]
1450031550981.gif
2MB, 470x437px
>>378931728
>Reusing the PSP tracks a third time
>>
>>378943647
you can still use the PS4 to play your own music fine from usb, much like how it worked on vita for 2048

but zone effects won't be present, other modes aren't affected
>>
>>378931728
>Sony is gauging interest for the series with this and it might lead to more things if it gets enough support.

Psygnosis/SCE Liverpool is dead m8, it ain't gonna happen. Time to let it go.
>>
>they removed removed the fucking awesome engine revving sounds from the 2048 ships
Probably not going to buy Omega now, that was one of the coolest things about 2048.
>>
>>378943871
that won't stop them from making new games with another studio if they actually want to, notably if there was enough demand

not that I think they will, the hype around the omega collection is pretty much non-existent

even the various wipeout communities are hardly even talking about it (or anything, it's all dead)
>>
>>378944061
also, different people would probably be a good thing seeing how Formula Fusion turned out
>>
>>378944026
>that was one of the coolest things about 2048
for real, everyone should listen to this
https://soundcloud.com/williamwebber/sets/wipeout-2048-engine-sounds
>>
>>378944026
I'm just happy I won't have cramped hands and a dead thumb from holding a tiny original oled vita X button for hours with 0 reason to ever release it while doing speed laps.

I had my vita muted half the time anyway.
>>
>>378936215

This is what I would consider the next wipeout. It actually looks more as though its following on after fusion with a more dystonia world rather than a futuristic one that pure and later sort of went for.

They actually managed to produce a really good game in the end since I bought this on EA when it first came out and the driving was awful. When you hit a wall it pulled you into it and just slowed you to a crawl rather than pushing you away like wipeout did and all the tracks were really tight making the problem even worse.

Those issues seem to have been addressed now and it actually feels like wipeout fusion just updated to look even better.
>>
>>378944445
on another note, I really wish they'd add an option so that pressing X is actually what stops the accel, and it's just always on the rest of the time like in Zone mode
>>
>>378944491

Have you played the demo?
Does it compare to the final version or did they forget to update it? Because honestly the demo is kinda shit.
>>
>>378937261
because they always win, baby?
>>
>>378944579
Well I would love to tell you but I cant install the demo because steam decided because I have the full game I cant install the demo.

From the looks of it on youtube it look the same as the main game.

Did you change the camera btw. Since that would be the biggest complaint is the the default camera is a pile of trash since it puts it to the side of the ship and floats all over the place when you turn.

What is it exactly that was shitty?
>>
>>378944823

Performance isn't exactly solid, I lowered the settings to minimum so it looks garish but I still can't keep a consistent frame rate even in the menu, somewhere around 100-120FPS, quite a bit of sway. Wasn't sure if the demo was left behind on optimisation or what.

The camera I did figure out almost right away while I was doing time trials, that's true.
The one track they have to demo is pretty simple, never needed to use the airbrake and I had a constant obvious feeling of slowing down at the slightest turn. Like, it makes sense to slow down, but not a full 200+km/h drop from an "easy" turn.
The weapons were really not obvious in how effective they are, barely a "fumpf" if anything when you use them, and no idea what the flashbang was doing until I started experiencing it myself. Never saw any mines, even my own.

I'm not sure if they just gave a really bad track or the game is mostly hidden away through grinding for the tech tree or something. By comparison I just had a go at Redout's demo and while it locks you to just Time Attack, it at least gives you all the teams in one speed class and a good track (with a loop to boot). It also looks fantastic while running smooth as butter when I turn off ("low") the motion blur and AA, despite also being UE4.
(I remember in Squad the AA is pretty bad and is effectively the equivalent of having motion blur on ALL THE TIME, INCLUDING WHEN STILL, so it should never be on)
>>
Y'know what I really hate about these not-Wipeout AG racers?

Why the ass so fucking fat? Seriously I have to have a widescreen just to contain my own backside inside the view?
>>
>>378936215

Yeah no, it's a bit of a disappointment.

And I am a backer
>>
>>378945347
I think they give you the slowest speed in the game in the Demo. I was playing on one of the faster modes and its really hard to just keep on the power you really have to slow it right down in the corners.

performance is kinda shitty I get 60 on high 1080p on my 970 so its rather demanding. You can drop render resolution to try and help with it. Also dont use the TXAA it glitches up too much when it cant keep steady.\

Weapons are kinda shitty they are more as a distraction but I never really liked them any way would rather just have them all removed.

Its more just closer into design of wipeout fusion than other modern wipeout clones are and fusion is one of my fave in the series
>>
>>378945809

The demo was F4000 to F1000
I can see there's a bunch more above that (below? it's listed slowest first which seems weird), so I guessed maybe it was somewhere close to the second or third speed class of Wipeout (can't remember the names though).
>>
>>378938858

Resolution and framerate improvement ( especially for 2048) seems like a reasons enough for me.

And most of all, a populated multiplayer.
>>
>>378946028
the tracks also all look better with many visual changes, they're not just at higher res

but yeah, I mostly want 2048 in 60fps and with an actual controller

I liked it more than HD honestly, but it was stuck on vita
>>
>>378945985
F1000 is the fastest

Elite is after that which I guess is full release only
>>
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2017/05/25/listen-to-the-full-wipeout-omega-collection-soundtrack/
Pretty sad Tokyo by Stanton Warriors isn't in there, but regardless it's pretty killer.
>>
>>378946667
it's mediocre, they may as well have filled the tracklist with all Knife Party tracks
>>
>>378931728
I was hoping Bluepoint games would get the remaster but this doesn't look bad. Love the menus and music they look fucking nice.
>>
>>378946210
The audio changes they've made to 2048 make it worse than the original Vita release, even with the improved framerate. Shit tier soundtrack and engine sounds basically removed, the excitement is completely drained away.
>>
>>378946927
I'd even take it with no audio at all over playing it on vita again

fuck playing this on vita
>>
>>378935087
Redout is great, but after 20-30 hours I feel like I already did everything there was to do.
I would've liked an AI setting where they don't hit the walls hard and keep jumping to their deaths. I want to get even better at Redout, but there's just nothing in the actual game that spurrs me on towards perfection. Maybe it's my fault for not doing more multiplayer. But then that's an easy excuse for the devs.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.