[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made it fail so hard when literally every other survival

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: conan.jpg (794KB, 1920x1100px) Image search: [Google]
conan.jpg
794KB, 1920x1100px
What made it fail so hard when literally every other survival crafting game is thriving?
>>
Conan as a setting is lost on the target audience, i.e. the age range for literally every other survival crafting game
>>
>>378928193
When they severely broke the game with each patch.
Although honestly, last I played it felt like the standard UE4 survival toolkit in a desert environment. Melee combat sucked ass and the ui and everything about it felt like ark 2.0. Doesn't help that there's tons of exploits people are finding constantly and abusing.

Some dev really needs to pull their heads out of their ass and realize that pve survival/exploring would be easier to do in the long run. As long as it's multiplayer with sandbox shit you'd still get the fucking twitch streamer audience as well.
>>
Conan has nothing to set itself apart from other settings when Conan himself is not actually present.
>>
I like the game its aARRk 2.0 but its got some difference and I like it

Its neat.
>>
I think people just keep forgetting that it's still an alpha and has been in EA for only four months. Compared to what other stuff has been like in a similar timeframe I don't see the big deal. Shit breaks sometimes.

I just want that goddamn climbing.
>>
>>378930301
I enjoyed the building system and the primitive setting, guns are getting really damn old.
Maybe in 6 months when the rest of the interesting systems (mounts, magic, better thralls, npc raids) are implemented the game will turn out okay.
>>
>>378930572
These games only have a set window before they're fucked and forgotten. Technically you are correct, but you need to dedicate a team to it when you release that early that isn't going to constantly fuck up like they did here. I give EA minimal chances anymore, too many of them have 1.0 slapped on them and pushed out the door or just milk that status as long as possible.
>>
Because Funcom is a terrible company. The CEO and top management are going to prison for dumping their shares right before the release of a game. They knew it would be bad.

T. Former Funcom employee
>>
>>378928193
>we want the conan setting without anything related to the actual conan setting
>this will alienate those who actually like the conan universe, and look like generic fantasy to everyone else

what could go wrong
>>
>>378930721
I'm pretty sure most people who've gotten it and stopped will probably come back once they added the Highlands biome in late Q3 when they put it on the xbone. The majority of people I've talked to have been going along that line, well, unless they're like my one friend who hops from game to game and is now all about PUBG.
>>
>>378930818
Tell me more. I'm salty after being banned from their Conan Exiles forums.

>>378928193
>>378929784
>>378929874
>>378930572
What really fucked it was how gods were too powerful for too little work, and "cliff bases". Also the usual "offline raiding".

The exploits definitely played a part in killing the game.

It's obvious at this point though that when they "release it" in a year, they're just going to rebrand it like they did with Age of Conan or TRS did with Evolve. Call it, "Conan Exiles: Re-exiled"!
>>
>>378930581
that is my thought when its closer to cbeing comeplete I am suere ill enjoy it more than i already have
>>
>>378931227

In last week's stream where they were showing off the new Avatar defenses the creative director Joel Bylos actually had something to say about that. A lot of the stuff dealing with avatars wasn't done but marketing always needs something cool for the screens/trailers and Joel's adamant about not putting anything in trailers that won't be available right out of the gate, so they were put in as is.

But now avatars take damage, actually have to attack to smash stuff instead of just floating over them like Yog could, and t3 altars provide defensive capabilities.
>>
>>378931754
The problem wasn't that you couldn't stop them, but that they were too easy to get.
I typically saw more people talking about glitching into houses than I did complaining about avatars.
>>
>>378931754
Yea I saw that in some "nerfed gods" video.

They're absolute shit now, and cliff-spam bases are still a big problem.

I remember going into PvP servers and trying to raid anyone and everyone. Always a cliff base, always deleting stairs.

You could legit be 2 dudes in medium armor and this group of 5 people in heavy armor wont come down from their cliff until you leave.
>>
>>378928193
>every other survival crafting game is thriving
What are you talking about? The genre is almost completely dead.
>>
>>378931227
Hyborian Exiles.
>>
>>378930572
They should not even be released and put on sale if its in fucking alpha.

Dont even spout that bullshit
>>
All persistent world games fail after awhile. It just doesn't translate fairly or properly into a game. It should just be session based, like a round of counter-strike. Nomad to Village to City to Warring should be played in a round that takes 1-2 hours. Requiring like 30 hours of gameplay to build a couple stone structures is trash.
>>
File: 1477806702377.png (432KB, 621x440px) Image search: [Google]
1477806702377.png
432KB, 621x440px
>We will never get a AAA PVE survival game that will be well optimized wont be a in early access hell for 5 years.
>>
>>378932145

Yeah, well it was and they did. They constantly told people what they were doing and everyone who bought it should have known full well what they were getting themselves into. If not, it's their own damn fault for being retarded.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.