[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>selling video games you don't want to clear up space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: bosman come at me.gif (3MB, 377x444px) Image search: [Google]
bosman come at me.gif
3MB, 377x444px
>selling video games you don't want to clear up space
>if you ever feel the need to play them again, you just buy them again
>the cost of rebuying the game is worth having less clutter in your house

Does this make since to /v/?
>>
>>378923805
fuck off Kyle
>>
>>378923805
Digital Master Race.
>>
File: 1424838042110.png (104KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1424838042110.png
104KB, 320x287px
i regret selling all the cool games i had for ps1 and two as a youngin, but desu i can just emulate any of them within minutes if i really wanted too

its cool to have physical copies but if you need money or just dont fucking want them then why not get rid of them. same as anyother piece of shit youve had laying on a shelf or in a box for a decade - its worth more in someone elses hands
>>
When I was younger I just sold my old games at a pawn shop to buy more drugs. Now that I have money I just buy everything digital
>>
>>378923805
>the cost of rebuying the game is worth having less clutter in your house
>clutter in your house

How small is your basement that video games take up space?
>>
Yes, I do that too. Since I am consolefag, I can actually sell my physical copies unlike PCfags.
Only a few times I have played a game more than once.
I want to have new experiences, not to be a fag that plays 1 or 2 games all the time.
>>
Admittedly, I have ended up repurchasing 3 or 4 Gamecube games that I had previously sold when I was younger. Nowadays, even if I did consider selling any of my games, it wouldn't be with the mindset that I could just buy them again.
>>
>>378924194
What an autistic thing to say. Unless you play the games 24 hours for the 1 or 2 times you play them you won't get the full experience.
Looks like your just a fag that doesn't know how to play games but brags online about his new experiences at gay bath houses
>>
File: 1490577479626.jpg (23KB, 719x714px) Image search: [Google]
1490577479626.jpg
23KB, 719x714px
>had a great N64 collection like 10 years ago
>sold it
>still regret it to this day
Thats how i learned to never sell any video games ever again.
>>
>purchase game
>sell it at some point
>have urge to play later
>emulate/pirate since I already bought it before

I don't usually sell vidya though.
>>
>>378923805
Maybe if he didn't do that and he kept all those weird games he had him and Huber could have had a collection to work with for a first 15 series.
>>
>>378923805
In a liquid market it makes perfect sense, because games depreciate over time.

>Buy game on release day for $60
>Play game
>1-2 weeks later, sell it for ~$40
>Net cost for release-day play: $20

Then, if you want to play it again in 12-18 months,

>Re-buy game for ~$20 since price has dropped
>Net cost: $40
>Plus less clutter for 12-18 months

And if you never want to play the game again, then you're even better off than if you had held onto it for the original $60.

The problem is that in practice markets aren't always so liquid, and you may or may not be able to sell the game for ~$40.
>>
How about just don't buy a shitload of games you know for a fact you won't want in a years time.

Unless you are underage and/or retarded, you should have a gut feeling that you will want it for longer than a few months time.
>>
File: Grimace.png (465KB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
Grimace.png
465KB, 600x608px
>>378923805

Nothing makes sense anymore.
>>
>>378924853
Wouldn't it just be better to redbox a game on release?
>>
File: 1494287736662.png (387KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494287736662.png
387KB, 750x750px
>>378923805
For games I really like, I keep them around. In most cases, I just stick older games in a disc binder, stash the manual in a box somewhere, and recycle the box.
>>
>>378924660
>It's been like a year
>Still no First 15 equivalent
Thank fucking god I'm not a patron
>>
>>378925426
>not being a member of the Blood Pact
>>
>>378923805

Where the fuck are you living that 20 - 30 games make a cluter in your house, just buy a fucking shelf you fuck, if you have taht much money for videogames you can buy a piece of furniture.
>>
I don't think clutter with modern games is that big of an issue unless you end up moving. My current and last gen game collection is probably about 200 games, and they all fit on basically one DVD rack. Now, if you collect retro stuff that can fill up space a lot easier, especially if you have multiples of a console. I've basically got a whole medium sized closet full, plus the few consoles that are still hooked up.

I get Bosman's sentiment, but I just have never got the impression that he's very sentimental about old games, and I think at least part of it is his job and the fact that he gets a constant flow of new stuff from it. I can generally only afford one new retail game a month tops, so it's nice to have the backlog ready to go, and backwards compatibility only reinforces the usefulness of this. I only sell stuff if I really don't like anything about it.

>>378924853
This argument is retarded. If you're really going to be done and trade a game in after two weeks, you're pretty much always better off renting it twice in a row. It'll be cheaper that $20, you don't have to bother with the trade in process, and you're only getting close to $40 if you go with store credit anyways.
>>
>>378923805
>sold a copy of Fatal Frame 2 for original xbox
>its like 130 dollars now

fuck you OP never again
>>
>>378925970
The only way Bosman's reasoning really made sense to me was the fact that he lives in LA in what seems like a pretty small apartment judging from his kitchen. If you aren't in some big city like NYC or whatever I assume most people have enough room for at least one shelf for games/movies without being too crowded. Even then, I've seen some people ditch their cases and put games into CD binders before.

I guess digital will make this problem go away for the most part at some point, the clutter argument really falls apart then. If someone is constantly trading in new games to afford even newer games I think they're better off falling a few months behind and grabbing stuff as it hits $20-30.
>>
>>378925057
>>378926073
Sure, renting is better if you assume that a) the game is available to rent, since it might not be in practice, and b) the numbers I gave were exactly right, which they probably aren't since I made them up. YMMV. The point is that buy->sell->re-buy is not necessarily a bad idea, depending on your individual circumstances.

Besides which, if you rent up front, you are committing to not keeping the game permanently before you've even played it. With buy->sell->re-buy, you are effectively paying for insurance against the possibility that the game is so good that you don't want to get rid of it (or that you suddenly get busy and can't pick it up for a month, etc...). That may or may not be worth a few bucks, depending on the person.
>>
I sold so many good GCN games at fucking gamestop way back when. Good games like Viewtiful Joe, F-Zero GX, Wario World, Star Fox Assault, and Mario Superstar Baseball plus more I can't remember. I did eventually rebuy F-Zero GX and was so happy to do it, the game is still amazing to play.
>>
>>378926565
Japs live in closets and they manage to make it work
>>
File: 20170219_013730.jpg (4MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170219_013730.jpg
4MB, 4032x2268px
>>378923805
I was 100% physical and would never buy digitally on console. After playing on XB1 and launching games instantly without having to grab a disc and insert was kinda nice. XB1 had a backwards compat sale last week and I ended up spending $300 on games which I literally owned 90% of them already physically. I felt it was my one chance to go digital all in. I can still recoup that cost by selling my collection if I want. I probably won't since I like having a collection though.
>>
File: 20170127_210314.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170127_210314.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>378927471
And I own Nintendo shit too, but I have really thought about buying an Everdrive for N64 and selling the collection.
>>
>>378923805
>Does this make since to /v/?
just pirate them
it's not immoral if you already bought them
>>
Just depends on the space you have.

When I was in a shitass apartment I seriously considered getting rid of stuff or buying those big CD books to store everything. Now I have a basement and just put the bulk of my stuff down there. Moving still sucks though.
>>
>being a materialistic faggot
litteraly just sold 20 PS3 games on eBay last week. planning on selling 90% of my games in the coming weeks
feels good senpai
>>
>>378924853
>Amazon prime discount game 52$ after tax
>beat it within a week
>sell on eBay for 45-50$
this is objectively the smartest thing to do
>>
>>378923805
>video games
>clutter
Sell your computer too, cuz fuck clutter lmao
>>
File: 1378870109749.png (159KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1378870109749.png
159KB, 480x480px
>>378924853
except any game thats "retro" now costs way too much.
>>
>>378928324

>ps3 games

yeah they're worth jack and shit right now so enjoy your 50 dollars for a lot of 20 games
>>
>>378923805
is that chumel?
>>
>>378926147
More like $25 faggot
>>
>>378924387
>playing the same game more than once "for the full experience."

It's your own fault that you're such a faggot for not playing it correctly the first time. You're the kind of idiot who pays to see a movie in the theater more than once aren't you?
>>
>>378928454
How much of that do eBay and PayPal actually let you keep?
>>
>>378927784
All those fucking plastic cases
Shit, I'm glad I still have my OG boxes and shit.
>>
>>378927784
Mad jealous
>>
>>378931343
I actually have quite a few cardboard cases behind those plastic cases, the plastic ones just look better.
>>
>>378924025
How do you buy digital drugs
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.