[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we take a moment to analyze Capcom and figure out How did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: capcom-logo.jpg (33KB, 600x322px) Image search: [Google]
capcom-logo.jpg
33KB, 600x322px
Can we take a moment to analyze Capcom and figure out How did they end up in the position they are in particularly with regards to Street Fighter?
>>
>>378901582
They listened to fans
>>
They pissed off both sides
>>
>>378901582
You'll need to be a bit more specific about that request.

Capcom massively overproduced their franchises back in the 90s. Mega Man and especially Street Fighter were overproduced, which cost them quite a bit. I've heard that Resident Evil saved Capcom's ass, simply because without that it would've gone bankrupt. Regardless, they had a big problem with churning out content and expecting the market to continue buying it. They were the yearly releases company from the 90s.

After nearly going bankrupt, Capcom has been a bit more skittish about their IPs. You'll notice that Darkstalkers, along with nearly every other fighting game IP, died off and never returned around that time. Others, like Rival Schools or even Power Stone, just disappeared after the Dreamcast went away. So Capcom is really invested in the idea of having just a few successful IPs rather than a dozen moderately successful ones. That explains the death of so many Capcom series (including Mega Man).

As for Street Fighter, I've heard various things from various people. The largest and most obvious problem was the lack of release content for Street Fighter V. I have absolutely no clue who thought it was a good idea, but there was zero reason for anyone to pick the game up when it came out. And by the time it did have a decent amount of content (I'm assuming it did get better eventually) nobody was paying attention, and so everybody just kept ignoring the game. The only people who were really invested were the ones who picked it up anyways and kept playing throughout all the bad.

The casual audience wasn't interested in the game because there was almost no content: just online ranked (when that was added and worked) to get their asses kicked in. The hardcore audience apparently didn't like how easy the game had become, with inputs being far more lenient and some chanciness thrown in.
>>
>>378901695
I'm not so sure about that.
>>
>>378904083
They listened to the wrong fans.
>>
SFV is in a good place right now an I look forward to more characters coming down the pipe.
>>
I'd say that they have the same problem as square enix, old idiotic businessmen who have absolutely no idea how to adapt to the current market are in charge
>>
>>378901695
fpbp
>>
>>378904210
Why do you believe its in a good place? It seems to be the most hated of the entire (current) FGC.
>>
>>378901582
The truth is thay most likely this is all sony's fault, when the ps4 had no games they obiusly started promoting and backing all kind of games, and sf was its e-sports game that the console lacked, they pushed it so hard, but what ended uo happening is that almost all the backing was advertisements, like it got a fucking super bowl commercial for fucks sake, it was everywere, but due to sonys push for it to come as soon as possible the game ended up half assed, its the same thing that happened with no mans sky
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.