[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>zelda 1: let's take the dragon quest formula and make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: 3183258-aonuma_03_0524_2.jpg (46KB, 862x483px) Image search: [Google]
3183258-aonuma_03_0524_2.jpg
46KB, 862x483px
>zelda 1: let's take the dragon quest formula and make it an arpg
>zelda 2: let's make a more dragon quest arpg but with side scrolling segments now
>link to the past: we fucked up trying to replicate dragon quest too much. Let's make our own design for a change.
>link's awakening: oh wow, everyone loved alttp. Let's use that same design on gameboy.
>ocarina of time: shit we're getting top scores everywhere! Let's take the attlp design and bring it to 3d.
>majora's mask: OoT revolutionized 3d adventures. Since people still want more, let's reuse the assets and give a sequel
>oracle games: Zelda is so popular, capcom came to us wanting to make a game with it for the gameboy. Sure!
>Wind Waker: Let's make OoT...open world! And use toon shaders! We can't possibly do bad.
>Four Swords: While we're at it, let's milk the fanbase hard and make them buy four gbas, four of the games, and have to hook it up to the gamecube.
>TP: So uh...WW didn't go as planned. We got negative feedback and people actually hate the game. Let's bring back the OoT design. But surely they don't want it all. So we'll add some wolfs sections and pad the levels with a collect a tears. Man I'm so genius.
SS: So uh, people said they hated the wolf and tear sections. And that the characters looked ugly. Hm...fine. We'll give them even more tear sections and even more ugly characters!
>DS games: Wow everyone hates SS. It must be because they wanted more WW! Let's give them more WW!
>Link between worlds / triforce heroes: We didn't sell a lot of the Ds games. I thought people loved it. What's missing. oh right! It was the Four Sword games! And surely people don't want a structured experience, so let's just remove all that.
>Breath of the Wild: Zelda fans must be angry at us cause we're giving them the same ole! So let's remove everything that made OoT and Alttp good! No need for dungeons, a story, Zelda, lovable characters, or great music. This will definitely be the goty!
>>
>it was the goty anyway
the absolute madchink
>>
>>378896594
>let's take the dragon quest formula and make it an arpg

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>378896873
youngfags need not apply
>>
>>378896594

Zelda was released before Dragon Quest you utter fucking dunce. I didn't even bother with the rest of the shite you wrote.
>>
>>378896594
the level of ignorance on Zelda here is staggering
I mean damn you couldn't even get the release order right
>>
>>378897289
Dragon quest and zelda 1 shared the same designs. They were both copying the growing rpg design from the pc rpgs. Zelda 2 was directly influenced by DQ cause thats what miyamoto wanted.
>>
>>378897457
Which was released first? the notion that either game in any way copied each is absolutely fucking redundant but Zelda was still released before DQ. And there were tons of top down games before Zelda
>>
>>378897650
both of the developers were friends, newfag. Learn your history.
>>
>>378896594

>Zelda
>ever good

The series is notable for being one of the few long running series to never get a good game released in it, kinda like Ass Creed but at least they had Black Flag which was at least passable, Zelda however still hasn't even got a Black Flag yet. Every single game released so far has been hot garbage. Yet people keep buying it because "surely they learned from the last game, the next one must be good". It's amusing to watch, when will retards learn to stop buying Zelda games. They will never be good.
>>
>>378897810
I stopped after the N64 when Nintendo stopped targeting core fans.
>>
>>378897810
Spotted the Democrat.
>>
>>378897708
>Learn your history.

Coming from a fucking idiot who doesn't even know the order of release. They were not friends. They were business partners. Nintendo doesn't have friends.
>>
>>378896594
Why did you write all that

Also
>dragon quest formula into an ARPG

>DQ
>be a no personality fuck and grind levels forever to be strong enough to beat the guy as well as afford all the equipment

>Zelda 1
>be a green no personality fuck who doesn't need to grind for shit because the enemies are neccessary to kill in order to proceed rather than speed bumps - he explores and blows up walls and doesn't have to relight a fucking torch every ten seconds or cast a gay spell

Really made me think
>>
File: kawa-no-nushi-tsuri-2.0.png (18KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
kawa-no-nushi-tsuri-2.0.png
18KB, 256x224px
>>378897960
Order of release doesnt matter. the entire japanese industry had similar rpg designs simply cause of crpgs and both games were in development at the same time

I think this thread should have been better on a board with people older than 18
>>
>>378897959

Name ONE (1) good Zelda title. I'll wait.

You can't, can you.
>>
>>378898026
miyamoto specifically said he didn't wanted an action adventure that's more accesible than the normal rpg at the time. stfu
>>
>>378898140
>Order of release doesnt matter.

You just accused Nintendo of ripping off the Dragon Quest forumla (wtf?!) for their first Zelda game.

By the way, I was playing video games way before you were even sitting around in your own shit.
>>
>>378898228
>Name ONE (1) good Zelda title

Why bother? Sounds like you have some deep rooted irrational hatred going on there bub.
>>
>>378898426
Good lie, numale

as I said, order of release doesnt matter since they were specifically sharing designs
>>
>>378898140
>I think this thread should have been better on a board with people older than 18

When OP can't even bother to use proper sentence structure, capitalization or grammar and can't bother to look up when games came out?

No. Fuck off. Here's your (You).
>>
>>378898553
Go suck nintendo's dick elsewhere pal
>>
>autist completely buttmad at one of vidya's most prestigious franchises impotently spergs out on a cambodian stamp collecting forum
>meanwhile aonuma spends his well earned bonus after botw resounding commercial success in kyoto's finest soaplands
>>
>>378898551
>as I said, order of release doesnt matter since

It was the entire point of your opening line - implying that Nintendo's first Zelda ripped off Dragon Quest.

At least admit you fucked up and take it like a man instead of digging a bigger more embarrassing hole for yourself.

I'm a 2nd generation gamer btw. I bet you have to google that to know what it means.
>>
>>378898494

That's right, you can't name one good Zelda title. Because none of them are good, and all of them are bad.
>>
This level of projection is unhealthy OP
>>
>>378898998
Let me guess; you're still butthurt about Breath Of The Wild right?
>>
>>378899236

No I long ago gave up on the concept of a "good zelda game". It's a myth, it will never happen. I watch the Zelda catastrophe from afar, I don't buy them anymore and I always expect a bad game, and they are always worse than I expected.
>>
>>378896873
I actually did exactly this. Kek
>>
>>378899581
take your upvoting attitude elsewhere
>>
>>378896594
BotW literally has the best story in any Zelda because the rest is fucking mediocre.
>>
>>378899812
>no story is the best

kek
>>
>>378896594
>>DS games: Wow everyone hates SS. It must be because they wanted more WW! Let's give them more WW!
So after SS came out they went back in time 4+ years and decided the direction for the two games that would come out years before it.
>>
>>378900068
>nintendo chose the most kiddy focused zelda for their future games

Sounds about right
>>
>>378896717
HOW DID HE DO IT?!
>>
>>378900138
Shut up, I want people to agree with me about how retarded you are, you served your purpose as the retard to point and laugh at.
>>
People will always hate on popular things, but why vydia and anime/cartoon fans take it to the extreme?
>>
>>378900309
you want agreements, go to gamefags
>>
>DS games: Wow everyone hates SS.
interesting that he came to that conclusion, since the DS games came before SS
>>
File: 1466233726763.jpg (252KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466233726763.jpg
252KB, 1280x720px
>>378900342
Because both industries have undergone a massive shift of audience focus that has dampened the quality of both.
>>
>zelda copied dragon quest design
is this a serious post? are you being serious? are you this underaged or simply a retard?
>>
>>378900378
I can get the exact same experience by reading your replies.
>>
File: 1494654171698.jpg (194KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1494654171698.jpg
194KB, 1536x1536px
>>378899468
>sells millions of copies and is beloved around the world
What a catastrophe
>>
>>378900562
Hitler killed millions of jews and is beloved too
>>
>>378899654
I'm just saying though. Zelda has never been an RPG aside from Zelda 2. Anyone who still calls any other Zelda game an RPG in the year of our lord 1986 + 31 is a moron.
>>
>>378900442
Really what made you think this is not a Sonybro mad that Zelda is still being talked massively while Horizon is already forgoten, hell there more threads about Hollow Knight.

Wish I knew why Sony games never stick to the general public, the Last Guardian had like 88 total threads on the archives jesus.
>>
>>378900498
No, OP is genuinely that retarded.
>>
>>378900614
>Miyamoto: We started out developing it as an action game, primarily. We’ve been careful to maintain a high degree of originality, noting where we’ve copied something from another game (albeit not substantially) and where we’ve done something completely new. We’re proud of ourselves for developing the game structure. The game structure of RPG titles is already more or less settled upon, and an RPG overworld is something anyone can make. But that’s all the more reason to ask yourself whether it’s good enough to use the same template as everyone else and simply expand the story on top of that. That’s where the challenge comes in. These days, there’s a gap between players who prefer a solid story to having new features and players who prefer having new features to a solid story.
>>
>>378900442
Get in line >>378900068
>>
>>378900807
>>Wish I knew why Sony games never stick to the general public
>ps4: 50 mill userbase
>wii u: 13 m
>switch 2 m

Never thought 2 was greater than 50
>>
>>378900889
sorry sir
>>
File: you.gif (335KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
335KB, 400x400px
>>378900931
you know what anon, i'm feeling nice today, here's your (you)
>>
>>378900931
>Never thought
You were right up to this point
>>
>>378901148
take your delusions elsewhere. only kids and manchildren play nintendo games. You're the toys r us of the industry. Nay, the babies r us.
>>
>>378900830
Doesn't make Zelda an RPG if it doesn't have established RPG game mechanics like experience points, classes, stats, etc.

Remember, back before the mid-00's, basically any action-adventure game was an "RPG".
>>
>>378901312
>dev says his game is an rpg
>some random anon says he's wrong

kek
>>
>>378896594

Zelda was released before Dragon Quest you autistic fuck. Lynch yourself.
>>
>>378900931
>Sells = Popularity
What game besides Bloodborne is mention often in gaming forums? and hell, is not even made from Sony itself, XIV-Kun is there sometimes, one thread a day maybe, but that it.

Also BotW would had sold like 3x more if more Switches were out.
>>
>>378901987
>What game besides Bloodborne is mention often in gaming forums?
Do you have a tally statistic of how many mentions of zelda are vs. mentions of a sony game? Are you pulling it out of your ass like every person with subjective opinions. I give facts. You give opinions. You already lost.
>>
>>378896594
my dude, BOTH DS games came out before SS
>>
>>378896594
Agreed, LttP has a great formula and there's nothing wrong with it, it's far from "stale". The actual problems that have been plaguing Zelda are much more specific. Fujibayashi/Aonuma/Miyamoto/Nintendo/etc need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel and focus on delivering a polished and well-designed experience for a change. No more vehicle gimmicks, no more motion controls, no more overbearing handholding, no more quantity over quality open world memes, just focus on HIGH QUALITY CONTENT. Twilight Princess was almost there but still had to shove in those annoying wolf segments and make all the enemies deal 1/4 of a heart in damage.
>>
>>378901987
>Also BotW would had sold like 3x more if more Switches were out.
There's a 13.5mil install base on the Wii U that fucking loves to buy games as seen by the great sales for Splatoon and MK8, I don't think more Switches are the answer. Zelda just isn't as relevant as it used to be.
>>
>>378899812
>>378900009
BotW had a story though and it sucked. It doesn't magically not exist just because 90% of it is optional.
>>
>>378903192
this

The series never needed a change. The only people who forced a change were the devs themselves. They had the perfect design that only needed to be reiterated due to higher tech along the years, and instead they threw it all away for the sake of who knows what.
>>
>>378903192
>LttP has a great formula and there's nothing wrong with it, it's far from "stale"
"if ain't broke don't fix it"
some jackass on the internet - 20XX
>>
>>378898858
>nearly destroy Zelda personally
>"save it" from the mess you put it in the first place
>get all the praise and adulation

PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN PAN FLUTE
>>
>>378903325
>tfw we'll never get a game with the artstyle of Nintendo Land ever again
>>
>>378904096
If Breath of the Wild had that artstyle, it would at least have been charming. Missed opportunity for a game that was meant to be played simply like being in a playground.
>>
>>378896717
fpbp
>>
>>378904535
I'd settle for any of the games that were in Nintendo Land with a Nintendo Land artstyle. Except maybe F Zero but ESPECIALLY Pikmin.
>>
>>378904535
>>378904804
>Zelda and Nintendo games would be WAY better if everything looked like CUTE HARMLESS DOLLS
>>
>>378905031
Worked for Yoshi.
>>
File: luigireviewin4.jpg (26KB, 440x360px) Image search: [Google]
luigireviewin4.jpg
26KB, 440x360px
>>378905031
Nintendo hasnt made any good looking games since the gamecube. The least they can do is choose an artstyle that isn't pastel and lazy.
>>
>>378897289
And he implies Phantom Hourglass (2007) was a reaction to Skyward Sword (2011)
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.