[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you guys think of Emily's powers? They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1161.jpg (85KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1161.jpg
85KB, 1080x600px
What did you guys think of Emily's powers? They're so fun to use it makes it hard to want to go back to Corvo but it's so obvious Emily is meant for High Chaos/Lethal even though they say they're both balanced to go either way.

Also am I the only one who has always found whirlwind useless even in the first game?
>>
>>378895428
>it's so obvious Emily is meant for High Chaos/Lethal even though they say they're both balanced to go either way.

Sorry, What?

Corvo's abilities include creating rat swarms, and throwing blasts of wind that destroy doors and guards alike, with upgrades that do shit like like Corvo one hit kill people he blinks onto.

Emily's abilities include a stealth shadow walk, a chained knockout ability, and a doppelganger she can switch places with.

How does she have more utility for a high chaos run? Especially when Corvo's abilities have almost no utility except for killing things.
>>
>>378895428
>Also am I the only one who has always found whirlwind useless even in the first game?
Most definitely. I'm a Dishonored junkie who's played through the first game at least 15 times, and I'm pretty sure I've only bought Windblast once. Easily the most boring, generic power.

Unless you mean the Whirlwind bonecharm that makes you swing your sword faster, in which case that comes in handy for a loud lethal run.
>>
>>378895428
emily's powers utterly trivialized what little stealth the game had left.
>>
>>378895824

Idk Blink, Possession and Time Stop alone I think pretty much make a Low Chaos run trivial to the point of ignoring enemies. Felt like with Emily I always had to deal with the enemies. And the doppelgänger always seemed to cause more problems than it was worth when trying to sneak + her shadow sneak felt like it was always pretty easy to get caught unless you were already behind them and at that point I can just take them out normally myself or from range. Plus the fact that he movement option isnt sight invisible like Corvo.
>>
>>378895428
I liked Corvo's abilities more honestly. I couldn't force myself through a second run with Emily, but maybe someday in the future.
>>
>>378895428
Corvo Stop Time>any shitty Emily power
>>
>>378895428
Her powers are less broken than Corvo's (can't beat that time stop). Though still very strong. I found them to be very original and extremely fun much more than her father's.

Domino, fascination and the grab from her far reach are godly. And most of her powers synergize very well.

This game was insanely underrated.
>>
>>378897356
>And most of her powers synergize very well.

This is what I found most enjoyable about Emily. Corvo has the powerset to break the game but Emily feels tailor made to weave different abilities in and out of each other moreso than Corvo ever did. Corvo's power synergy was more being a dickhead than anything. Stopping time and possessing someone to stand them in front of their own bullet is a ridiculous waste of resources meant for styling on 'em.

Corvo feels more speed run. Emily feels tactical.
>>
>>378897241
>>378897356
God I love timestop,

I remember the first game I was trying to get a no stealth run and I managed to corner myself in a situation where I was exiting some building and I had three guards right in front of me. I think I quicksaved or something right after exiting the building and somehow fucked up my autosaves.

Anything I tried to do would automatically alert the guards to my presence, but because I had a surplus of runes I was able to dump them all into stop time and unleash a flurry of sleep darts.
>>
>>378897356
>This game was insanely underrated.

Can we talk about how fucking awesome that no power timeline shifting level was?

Fuck Prey, go make a game based around THAT. I hear Titanfall 2 used a similar concept but likewise abandoned it after a bit.
>>
Emily's powers just seem like shit in comparison to Corvo's time stop.
To me time stop alone is worth the price of dishonored, at least on sale, I'd say it's worth 10 euro, considering I got at least 40 hours out of messing around with it.

I just fucking love time control in games, but barely anything has it, and dishonored 2 allows you to speed time up while it's active.
I just wish a console command or something existed so it lasts forever. I simulate the effect with cheat engine, but I'd like if there was a real new game plus, or just some cheat that you could access by 100%ing the game or something.
>>
CRACK WHEN!?
>>
>>378898575

You could theoretically load the fuck up on crafted bone charms that reduce mana cost and make spells cost no mana. You'd have to recast but it could keep it going for a while.

I'm personally not really a fan of time top though. It just feels like you're cheesing at that point. Just like the perk that dissolves bodies for you.
>>
>>378898114
>Fuck Prey, go make a game based around THAT.

that's the problem with that level, it felt like a backdoor pilot for another game that they put in dishonored 2. it was a neat concept to be sure but it it didn't belong in the game at all, it belongs in its own game.
>>
>>378896495
>Felt like with Emily I always had to deal with the enemies.
That doesn't mean you have to kill them you mong
>>
>>378899301

No but they lend themselves to a lethality more so than sneaky breeky is all I'm saying.
>>
>>378896495
>Felt like with Emily I always had to deal with the enemies.

seriously? emily made getting ghost and clean hands a cake walk. the far reach upgrades alone where you could grab keys and runes from across a room cut enemy interaction to a bare minimum.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.