[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to play this game for the first time. Already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

I'm about to play this game for the first time. Already downloaded the patch. What am I in for?

Also, Vampire The Masquerade thread I guess
>>
Complete shit, overrated sexualised non-rpg with obnoxious characters and no choices, also shit soundtrack
>>
Unfinished clunky buggy turd that /v/ only likes because of waifus
>>
>>378891486
Some fun. Santa Monica is a pretty cool starting area and gets you into the world nicely.
>>
File: 1495616680958.jpg (61KB, 500x573px) Image search: [Google]
1495616680958.jpg
61KB, 500x573px
>>378891486
A 6/10 game with very good facial animations and one of the spoopiest levels in vidya.
>>
>>378891670
>v/ only likes because of waifus
I don't see why, considering you can't fuck any of them.
>>
>>378891573
Really no choices? I thought choices mattered in this game... well I hoped they would
>>378891670
That's what the patch is for, isn't it?
>>
god tier: Tremere, Nosferatu
high tier: Gangrel
meh tier: Toreador, Brujah
low tier: Ventrue
reddit tier: Malkavian
>>
Stanley Gimble's modeling job was one of the most fucked up side-quests I have every experienced in a video game
>>
File: 16199.gif (171KB, 515x461px) Image search: [Google]
16199.gif
171KB, 515x461px
>>378891486
Vanilla is in finished, even with official patches. Google unofficial patch and you don't need mods.
>>
>>378891871
Could you give me a quick rundown on the factions? I know that you shouldn't start with Nosferatu or Malkavian because they are "different"
>>
>>378891486
The ONLY thing about this game that's good is the soundtrack, and the atmosphere, which is superb

the gameplay itself is shit
>>
>>378891989
Just play the game you dumb shit, it literally tells you
>>
File: 1484613725783.jpg (266KB, 388x402px) Image search: [Google]
1484613725783.jpg
266KB, 388x402px
Wow I actually just downloaded this game but got kinda lazy to start patching and installing mods.

So no sex huh? Then whats the point of being a sexy vampire?
>>
playing stealth/guns totally breaks the game
>>
>>378891486

>What am I in for?

Remember that time you woke up drunk and the random biker's advice seemed strangely applicable?

That.
>>
>>378891486
i think probably unless you're the specific type of person who likes this kind of game (a cool person they're called) you probably won't like it.
>>
>>378892137
come on man dont be so rude
>>
>>378892310
I will when you quit being a retard, waiting for someone to spoonfeed you
>>
File: boobs.jpg (273KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
boobs.jpg
273KB, 640x640px
>>378892227

because people want sex FROM you. It's a good feeling.

Like being a handsome insomniac in Forks when a tour bus rolls through.
>>
File: 1495939049426.jpg (151KB, 388x443px) Image search: [Google]
1495939049426.jpg
151KB, 388x443px
>>378891765
The game has 4 different endings with different flavors of each depending on your choices. Characters live , die , and give items buy your choices and can back you up later on. The dialog can change wildly by your characters stats and clan. To the point where you can get some very unique play throughs. Most missions you and quests you can fight, stealth, or charisma your way through. Some characters can even charm and mind control characters into make a hour long quest 5 min. Don't listen to the trolls, your in for a unique gaming experience.
>>
>What am I in for?

It's all pretty blah until diablorize Arthaeus. Then it becomes this excellent tale of the ages; the small village in Athens where you get your original embrace, the story of how his family was destroyed by the local (vampiric) prince. Then that regrettably brief flash forward to the American old west, that fucking train sequence was gotyayfe&e. Makes me want to reinstall.
>>
File: 1338742196435.jpg (296KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1338742196435.jpg
296KB, 1200x1200px
>>378891486
If you've got the latest fan patch there's nothing else you need.

Just don't let the game give you the illusion that you'll be fine with a pure diplomacy or stealth build.
There are sections where you are forced to fight and melee is almost always better than firearms until you have access to the most powerful ones and Auspex to enhance ranged combat.

Also don't get super hyped by people telling you this is the greatest rpg ever made.
It's pretty good, sure, but there are a few infuriating parts and it's fairly unfinished.
>>
>>378891989
>Clans:
IMO Brujah and Toreador are the ideal "beginner" clans, they have well balanced stuff and they have access to the celerity discipline which slows time.

Gangrel is "we wuz druids and shit", it has Protean, a unique discipline suited for unarmed combat.

Tremere's unique discipline has some damage dealing "spells", definitely a unique experience but not for everyone. You can still play it conventionally with melee/unarmed/firearms. They also have a unique haven if you don't botch some quests and/or betray the Tremere primogen.

Ventrue is more generic than Brujah and Toreador. Pick it if you hate the fuck out of yourself.

Malks have the Dementation discipline with unique dialogue lines and some combat abilities, Malks and Nosferatu have access to Obfuscate which helps a ton with stealth (you can do chain stealth kills easily at high levels). Nosferatu also has a unique haven but you get it too late.

>Factions:

Camarilla: The cleanm cut faggots, Prince LaCroix uses you as an errand boy, but Max Strauss, the Tremere primogen, is a bro.

Anarchs: They hang in Hollywood, also in the Last Round in Downtown LA, they have philosophical differences so they don't necessarily follow the Camarilla rules.

You can also pledge yourself to the Asian Vampires, who reside in Chinatown, or be an unattached "lone wolf".
>>
I heard this game was pretty brutal and bloody. people getting killed for no reason

i do not want to see this
>>
>>378891573
>sexualised as a negative considering the setting
tumblr you have to go back.
>>
Get out of here before you get spoilered.
>>
You're in for a very fun game, one of the best western RPGs ever made. Saddeningly, it is also wildly unfinished, and even with all of the patches it is quite apparent a bit over halfway through the game that they plainly ran out of development time.

As such, a word to the wise: you can have fun with diplomacy in the early game, but don't neglect investing in combat somewhat if you feel like having fun at the end.
>>
top-tier atmosphere, but I found the actual gameplay pretty lacking
>>
>>378893169
Thanks a lot for that post.
Do you get any significant privlieges from being a ventrue? I'm not talking about discounts or free drinks but actual, meaningful decisions
>>
>>378893531
As far as I remember, just unique flavor dialogue lines here and there, like an extra pat on the head from the prince who is also Ventrue, or resentment from Anarchs, etc. Nothing significant.

Oh they can use the Dominate discipline in dialogues like a second speech skill, but persuade makes it pretty much redundant. Situations that work with a speech skill but doesn't work with another, you can count with one hand.
>>
>>378893818
to be fair even tremere can use that skill and they are probably the most mysterious and disconnected people out there
>>
>>378893940
Tremere can use Dominate, but not in dialogues, at least not in vanilla or with the basic unofficial patch.

Wesp5, while I appreciate his tremendous work on the unofficial patch, keeps doing some dumb shit with the plus version of the patch.
>>
>>378893229

Back to not existing, that would be nice.
>>
>>378891486
one of the best atmospheres ever achieved in a videogame
mediocre combat
interesting characters but forgettable story
a true flawed gem
>>
Can modern vidya ever recapture this game's perfect ambiance and art style?
>>
I do not know why people say witcher 3 has a good atmosphere. compared to this game witcher 3's ambiance is nothing
>>
I'd like to play this game, since I missed it back in the days. I heard it's really good.

Does anyone know if it supports 4k, and if the graphics aged well or not?

Thanks.
>>
>>378895120
it hasn't aged very well unfortunately
>>
>>378894304
I think Tremere have restricted use of dominate in dialogue, while Ventrue have full use of it
In any case, Ventrue is a poor clan for beginners as the inability to feed on rats will cause difficulties in certain combat segments that you would need to prepare for
>>
>>378894634
I don't believe it could be recreated as modern 20 somethings devs will not have been as familiar will 90s subcultures as the people who made this game were
>>
>>378895379
>I think Tremere have restricted use of dominate in dialogue, while Ventrue have full use of it

Tremere have limited dominate dialogue access but only in Wesp5's plus patch. Also good call on the rat thing, I forgot to mention it before and it can be very annoying in the neverending sewers, especially without the Chalice.

>>378895120
Facial animations are still fine I guess, and you can give it a "face lift" with Sweetfx and whatnot, but the game is more than a decade old, it has a broken ass beta source engine and it will show its age.
>>
File: oc i swears.jpg (127KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
oc i swears.jpg
127KB, 427x640px
>>378894634

Yes,make every character have a voice actor.

Fill your studio with with a 2:1 ratio of voice actors to programmers... alternatively hire billy west if it isn't a brown shooter.

Make everyone talk.

I am currently free in the Seattle area if you are interested in a Voice Actor who will work when other sane people are sleeping.

Also one of you developers needs to be comfortable modeling realistic cock and balls.

Hire women too, lots of women. (That part was hard to say considering they typically destroy the workplace starting with being the HR and ending with "even the coffee is bad now.".)
>>
>>378895872
Oh, so it uses the Source engine. That's nice, because I have been playing Insurgency (the mod) not long ago, and the graphics were fine for me.

Do you think it supports 4k by default?
>>
>>378896406
you will need the unofficial patch for compatibility anyway, and yeah, the game supports 4k with it.

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/7/
>>
>>378891486
Horrible gameplay, floaty controls, poor implementation of illusion of choice, downright awful final third of the game. Also the game feels incredibly unfinished even with the latest unofficial patch.

A decent game overall, just don't expect anything mindblowing.
>>
>>378896643
t. pedo weeb who likes cookie cutter JRPG's
>>
>>378896826
I actually don't like JRPG's, nice try though.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.