[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game would be so good if you took out the horrifyingly boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: download (3).jpg (7KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
7KB, 188x268px
This game would be so good if you took out the horrifyingly boring and bad combat

Who the fuck thought cystics or telepaths were fun
>>
>>378876101
Go gain some more iq points and come back, son. The combat is great if you take advantage of all the psychic and human abilities.
>>
>>378876101
go full stealth then
>>
>>378876289
The movement feels like shit and none of the the guns are fun to use.

You guys overhype the powers so much, when tneyre all so boring.
>>
>>378876486
You're supposed to use the gloo gun to slow them down, then blast them away. And don't tell me blowing up typhon with the q beam isn't fun.
>>
I agree OP but for some reason /v/ likes to suck this mediocre game's teet dry.
>>
>>378876663
The atmosphere and exploring is really well done
But actually playing this game is not fun

The game doesn't give you nearly enough resources to engage the enemy and there's hardly any stealth mechanics
There's also not nearly enough mods to properly explore the boring power trees
>>
>>378876873
Holy fuck, you are complete garbage. I had so much ammo, neuromods, and abilities than i knew what to do with.
>>
File: Prey 2017-05-08 00-00-08-42.webm (3MB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
Prey 2017-05-08 00-00-08-42.webm
3MB, 720x400px
>>378876486
>The movement feels like shit

Are you playing with controller or something?
The movment is the best I've seen in a long time.
Reminds me a lot of the first Crysis.
>>
>Put mods into security weapon damage
>Put mods into maximizing upgrade capacity
>Put mods into mobility

There, now you're a lethal ayyy killing machine. Maybe if you didn't put all your mods into slurping typhon semen you'd have good combat.
>>
If you disable enemies with what they're weak to (stun/goo/emp/psychoshock etc.) they take a bunch of extra damage. So if you were running out of ammo in this game, it's probably because you weren't taking advantage of those weakpoints. Even on the highest difficulty you can destroy almost any enemy with stun gun -> shotgun blast point blank
>>
>>378876873

I found the complete opposite. On Nightmare I ended the game with so many resources it complete ruined the experience for me.
>>
>>378876486
>The movement feels like shit
not when you unlock the fast movement perk or w/e it's called, then the game feels like DOOM
>>
>>378876101
The combat has an obnoxious curve, especially on higher difficulties. It goes from frustrating and unfair to piss easy and unbalanced. It was still fun, but could've been much better. Everything else was great

Besides the ending. Fuck everything about that
http://youtu.be/thd00klthB4
>>
>>378877229
This. Just a few points in security and everybody kneels
>>
>>378876101
It was the only first person game in recent years where I felt the enemies were a real threat and I needed some sort of strategy or planning to beat them if I didn't want to waste all my ammo and healing items, they all stayed a threat until the end of the game except the basic mimics. It was clearly a strong point of the game for me.

It's not a FPS, the fun doesn't come from brainless gunblazing.

>>378876873
On normal you can disable enemies easily and if you just want to quickly destroy them, even the Nightmare is dead in 5 seconds with 4 or 5 recycler charges.
>>
>>378877170
How do you modify the fov of the weapon?
>>
You can play the game the way you want ... You dont like powers ? Dont use them ...
>>
Prey really is one of those games where if you don't understand the mechanics of the game or don't explore different perks to get over parts of the game you don't like (fast movement for controls, combat upgrades for combat) then you simply won't enjoy the game.

It feels like most people who don't like the game have played literally only the first one or two hours.
>>
>>378876873
You can craft mods ...
>>
File: Prey 2017-05-08 19-08-44-30.webm (3MB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
Prey 2017-05-08 19-08-44-30.webm
3MB, 800x448px
>>378878335
I don't think you can.
>>
>>378878781
Dammit. I fucking hate that console fov in pc
>>
So I found out that I own the 360 version of the original today. Any good?
>>
I love everything about this game except the black goo monsters

that shit is so dumb

they're even worse in re7

what's evocative and fun about fighting this shit?
>>
The cystics are fucking ireedemable
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.