[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lads what went so terribly wrong that people solo raid bosse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 285
Thread images: 62

File: 1231312312312.jpg (803KB, 2827x1608px) Image search: [Google]
1231312312312.jpg
803KB, 2827x1608px
lads what went so terribly wrong that people solo raid bosses in the current expension?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e61XMwMW1tE
>>
File: yojimbo.jpg (49KB, 421x541px) Image search: [Google]
yojimbo.jpg
49KB, 421x541px
After more than a decade it still doesn't come as a surprise that Blizzard can't balance their games for shit?
>>
xD
>>
File: 1494173030103.png (287KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
1494173030103.png
287KB, 368x469px
>>378860156
People were threemanning ony in vanilla, OP confirmed for pandababby kys yourself
>>
>>378860156

>PLEASE COME BACK YOU CAN BE ILLIDAN (FEMALE) WITH EBIN WEPS LOOK HOW MUCH GREEN FIRE YOU SHIT EVERYWHERE AND YOU CAN SOLO RAID BOSSES JUST PLEASE SUB
>>
>>378860156
that's been a thing since the introduction of blood deathknights though
>>
Removal of class interdependency and specialized roles (personal cooldowns, self-heals and all that kind of shit for everyone, little to no dependency from (de)buffs from other players so you're operating at maximum performance even when solo)

Said personal cooldowns, mobility skills, smart heals, self-heals etc. trivializing encounter mechanics that would otherwise be relevant, forcing all encounters to become a fucking dance floor with a hundred different fires or whatever (relatively larger amount of damage is in principle avoidable, a lot of said mechanics depend on other players to get out or kite a thing away from other players or whatever, and consequently they become irrelevant if you're solo)

Because all encounters require everyone to jump through hoops and are in principle challenging that way, shitters will wipe on those mechanics and the actual numbers requirements can be (or even must be, because it's expected for shitters to die in droves, lowering the raid output) trivial on faceroll artificial difficulty settings (only the hardest difficulty requires you to jump through hoops AND push maximum performance numbers)

Outrageous gear scaling because there's more "tiers" of equipment due to artificial difficulty settings and Blizzard wants each upgrade to give a "noticeable" boost in performance

Class balance is terrible even though the game is homogenized to the max
>>
>>378862069
>PLEASE COME BACK YOU CAN BE ARTHAS (FEMALE) WITH EBIN WEPS LOOK HOW MUCH PURPLE SHADOWS YOU SHIT EVERYWHERE AND YOU CAN SOLO RAID BOSSES JUST PLEASE SUB

FTFY
>>
>>378860156
>implying this is a new thing

Fucking babby.
>>
>>378860156
Playerbase is so low that this is a thing now, solo raids.
>>
>>378861245
I don't know about you but there's a world of a difference between doing content with a tank, a healer and a damage-dealer and doing it solo, especially considering it appears not to be some "clever use of game mechanics" kind of deal (like maximum agility stacked feral with SWP-gear running with scorpid sting and insect swarm miss chance, blessing of kings and grace of air for 103.4% avoidance, Gruul for example was also 5-manned in this manner in TBC) but simultaneously having enough mitigation, self-healing and damage to do it "legit".

Besides, it's well-known that vanilla tuning was all-around trivial with very few enrage mechanics (soft enrages or otherwise) in low-tier content that Blizzard later figured out were necessary.

Although this still isn't that new. For example, I remember DKs being able to survive on ICC bosses solo (found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-RuY0n1wQA quickly, I don't remember if they killed anything, but lower-tier content certainly should have been well within reach with T10). In TBC or vanilla soloing bosses "legit" was unthinkable because you didn't have self-heals or high DPS on tanks or anything of the sort, but by WotLK this ceased to be the case (blood DKs being the most obvious offenders, but prot pallies in particular had very strong solo ability too).
>>
>>378860156
They soloed raid bosses in every expansion

It's just easier now because legendaries and artifact power substantially widens the gap
>>
WoW is so damn boring to play, I don't know how people can even watch it on twitch.
>>
File: 02f.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
02f.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
>>378860156
The person who did this video has literally been doing this since he started playing late TBC
>>
>>378861245
Found the cuck
>>
>>378863541
Not true. The whole solo raid bosses thing started happening in Cataclysm. That was also the point at which the game went to shit
>>
File: 1496246224201.png (141KB, 377x355px) Image search: [Google]
1496246224201.png
141KB, 377x355px
/v/ you have 10 seconds to post what you mained for each expansion you played

>Vanilla
>Femundead Warlock
>TBC
>Femundead Warlock
>WotLK
>Femundead Warlock
>Cata
>Femundead Warlock
>MoP
>Femundead Warlock
>WoD
>Femundead Warlock
>Legion
>Femundead Warlock
>>
>>378863783
You've been able to solo raid bosses since Vanilla
>>
File: Binding of Isaac.jpg (546KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Binding of Isaac.jpg
546KB, 1000x1300px
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Male Orc Shaman (30/0/21)
>TBC
>Wrath
Male Human Warlock (Affliction then Demonology)
>Cataclysm, Mists
Male Troll Druid (Restoration)
Male Undead Warrior (Fury/Prot)
>WoD
lol didn't play this faggotry
>Legion
Male Human Priest (Shadow/Holy)

And now im done again. Probably won't give wow another shot for another 3 years or so.
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Human Priest
>TBC
Human Priest
>WotLK
Human Priest
>Cata
Human Priest
>MoP
Human Priest
>WoD
Human Priest
>>Legion
Human White Mage
>>
>>378863761
Define the word cuck and the context you're using it in or sit down and stay quiet like a good little 15yr old.
>>
File: 1466493675833.jpg (37KB, 400x590px) Image search: [Google]
1466493675833.jpg
37KB, 400x590px
>>378860156
I feel bad for missing out on vanilla although I'm fairly sure it was shit. Started playing at the beginning of legion and went 2 months non stop, got burn out and never wanna see the game again.
At this point, people are either chasing a vague memory of a time when the game was "better" or they hear about how the game was awesome and wanna experience it, whatever the reason, the genre is dead now. RIP
>>
>>378863783
Well, Onyxia and a lot of ZG was soloable by a few classes in TBC (I did it myself too as feral), Azuregos was famously soloed by a hunter in early TBC etc. But then again, that is previous expansion content against bosses from before the idea of enrages even occurred to Blizzard. I guess you could also look at something like warlock soloing Hydross (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J0AN3Vdcpc) but that's pretty clearly an exploit sort of deal, the lock would probably get 1-shot if Hydross got a hit in and looking at the video it took so long the gear went red.

But I digress. WotLK is clearly the point where the major change in soloing content happened, not Cata. Tanks received high personal DPS and self-heals, the difference between fresh characters and final tier BiS was far higher than in previous expansions, reliance on other players to increase your damage was radically diminished and you had a lot of content was deliberately designed to be facerollable by everyone. And subsequently, people started soloing content or doing it in small groups, not by kiting a boss for several hours or having an unhittable tank, but by having an entire raid's worth of healing and damage. Tanks could solo most of the 5-man "heroics" without any particular trickery or top-end gear and some current-expansion raid bosses were also killed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epZB7alg4Tk) or were only stopped by hard enrage timers rather than ability to survive (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-RuY0n1wQA).
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Didn't play.
>TBC
Orc arms warrior
>Wrath
Orc arms warrior
>Cata
Blood Elf arms warrior
>Mists
Dwarf destro warlock. Fuck you MoP for making warriors so shit.
>Warlords
Only played for like a month. Played an Orc BM hunter during that time.
>Legion
Back to my warrior.
>>
File: legion.gif (883KB, 1150x760px) Image search: [Google]
legion.gif
883KB, 1150x760px
>>378865290
>genre is dead
>yet it still prints millions of dollars within in the industry
>>
>>378865984
The Genre is dead creatively and is fueled by gambling addicts and people who have so much time invested in their respective games that they literally can't quit without feeling like they wasted their hundreds of dollarinos.

The industry isn't dead monetarily but it's crumbling. Subscribers are slowly falling off for pretty much every MMO. The industry is dying... slowly.
>>
>>378865984
Regarding innovation, the genre is dead. Everyone is trying to emulate WoW; WoW is trying to emulate everyone else, and all it's doing is driving people away in droves.

I guarantee the subscrition numbers for WoW are around 1.5 million or less. There is just something so off about them not showing people any official data.
>>
>>378866347
Couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
>>378866347
WoD had about 6m subs. Blizzard announced that their sub numbers went up exponentially since then. I'd have to estimate 8m active subs right now.
>>
>>378864109

>Vanilla
>M Troll Warrior
>TBC
>M Troll Warrior
>WotLK
>M Troll Warrior
>Cata
>M Troll Warrior
>MoP
>M Troll Warrior
>WoD
>M Troll Warrior
>Legion
>M Troll Warrior
>>
>>378868502

> Subs increasing during WoD

The subs ALWAYS jump up at the beginning of the next expansion. People always tell themselves, "It'll get better this time around."

It's like an abusive relationship where they're taking your money to fuck you in the ass, but it's okay. It'll get better, right?
>>
>>378868502
That is some bait delusion. The subs are for sure aren't 1.5m but they definitely are not 8m active.

I'd estimate 3m realistically and 5m optimistically.
>>
File: players.png (23KB, 1198x431px) Image search: [Google]
players.png
23KB, 1198x431px
>>378868502
There's 1.8-1.9m Active players on EU and US combined. Maybe a few million in China, but the Chinese playerbase plummeted after Blizzard changed from the pay-per-minute model to the much more expensive monthly subscriptions so probably in the region of 1.5m.
>>
>>378868502
The starts of expansions always have a subscription spike. Warlords was insane at how many joined (I suspect it's because of the marketing and the whole "back to its routes" schtick)

Trouble with Warlords is that it was an expansion of nothing. You had 2 patches which covered 2 years, the first of which famously added literally nothing other than updated Belf models (which should have been added at the start) and features noone asked for like a selfie cam and twitter integration. They had a drop of about 3 million subs because of this, and it was during this spiral Blizzard decided to stop posting the data.

I am not doubting at all that Legion saw a sub spike, but I very, VERY much doubt they'd keep sub numbers hidden if the player base was at 8 million, the same as it was late TBC and early Wrath.
>>
File: greater faydark.png (187KB, 255x396px) Image search: [Google]
greater faydark.png
187KB, 255x396px
>>378862303
This has been my problem with WoW for a while now. They removed all group responsibility in place of personal responsibility.

Sure it makes you more effective solo but in a raid it just feels like you're soloing with other people...If that makes sense. Nothing anyone else does (outside of maybe Heroism) has much of an impact on you and even then it's at predetermined times. Fights are just you doing your thing and hoping everyone else is doing theirs well.
>>
mopbabby so

>MoP
Pandahunter/goat shaman
>WoD
Panda hunter/worgie rogue
>Legion
Panda hunter
>>
File: 1492968150397.jpg (152KB, 1024x730px) Image search: [Google]
1492968150397.jpg
152KB, 1024x730px
>>378864109
Vanilla
Male Nelf Druid
BC: Male Nelf Druid
Wrath: Male Nelf Hunter
Cata Female Belf Hunter
MoP: Male Nelf Druid
WoD: Male Nelf Druid
Legion: Male Draenei Monk

pls no bully
>>
>>378866347
>>378866287
meanwhile FFXIV is doing better than WoW currently.
>>
>>378860156
Post your 10/10 mythic cleared armory.
>>
>>378869717
That's a chart of prestiege achievements. That in now way shows the number of active users as a whole.
>>
>>378860156
Don't care I'm having fun playing with my friends. Just because some veteran player found a way to beat a tough boss by himself doesn't mean the whole game is bad.
>>
>>378863418
A rogue solo'd Patchwerk when it was current content in WoTLK. So I guess eat shit?
>>
>>378869873
Post your vanilla/TBC raid clears.
You did take screenshots with your guild right?
>>
>>378864109
>vanilla
undead spriest
>TBC
undead spriest
>wotlk
undead spriest
>cata
black man spriest
>mop
didn't play
>wod
female undead spriest
>legion
female human spriest
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Male Troll Mage
>TBC
Male Troll Mage
>WotLK
Male Troll Mage
>Cata
Male Troll Mage
>MoP
Male Troll Monk
>WoD
Male Troll Mage
>Legion
Female Panda Shaman
>>
>>378869874
It's a scrape of all the active players on the armory to determine who has which achievements. It includes players who have none of the achievements.
The achievements are account wide. Therefore it is a reasonably accurate representation of the number of active accounts. The one problem with this is that it probably also counts Trial accounts, which would mean it overestimates the number a bit.
>>
>>378869775
It's prolly closer to 4.5 - 5m. I know that alot more people play throughout legion than wod. Especially with the patches getting tossed out quicker than people can handle.
>>
>>378869874
Why does someone say this every time I see this chart posted?
>>
>>378864109
>WotLK
Male human warrior
>Cata
Male human warrior
>Pandaria
Male human warrior
>Wod
Male human warrior
>>
>>378860156
Because tank demon hunters are very good at keeping themselves alive compared to other tanks and most of the boss's attacks can be dodged and there isn't really any tank swap mechanics.
>>
>>378870149
>Troll Monk

I like you.
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
nothing, I didn't play. I'm sure some of you lonely fucks are lying about playing in Vanilla, while posting as fucking anonymous
>TBC
Tauren Hunter and then Human Ret Paladin
>WotLK
Human Ret Paladin
>Cata
Dwarf MM Hunter, then Draenei Frost DK, then Human Ret Paladin
>MoP
Human Ret Paladin
>WoD
Human Ret Paladin
>Legion
Nelf Feral Druid
>>
File: C4C7Yr6XUAAdrSi.jpg (28KB, 428x457px) Image search: [Google]
C4C7Yr6XUAAdrSi.jpg
28KB, 428x457px
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Wasnt here but prob wouldve been male orc or dwarf rogue
TBC: Started and chose tauren druid (after trying said orc/rogue) because of friend
Wrath:
Warrior rogue (Horde)
Cata:
Warrior, rogue, paladin(Horde/ally)
MoP: Above
WoD: Rogue warrior (Horde)
Legion: rogue

I'm a stealthslut.
>>
>>378869787
Fuck off fury
>>
File: muh wow.png (631KB, 1644x720px) Image search: [Google]
muh wow.png
631KB, 1644x720px
What the fuck ever happened to legacy servers? Did Nostalrius get shut down again? Did anything happen at that meeting at Blizzard headquarters?
>>
>>378860156
It should be possible to solo any raid boss from one tier ago but chromatic anomaly is only possible because of how the fight works, it's not like they soling gul'dan or elisande.

>>378862303
>Because all encounters require everyone to jump through hoops and are in principle challenging that way, shitters will wipe on those mechanics and the actual numbers requirements can be (or even must be, because it's expected for shitters to die in droves, lowering the raid output) trivial
But that's literally how vanilla raiding worked, bosses were turned for 20 cats running around and 20 people putting in the real work.
>>
File: OLD.gif (242KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
OLD.gif
242KB, 800x600px
>>378864109
>Beta
>FHuman Holy Priest

>Vanilla
>FGnome Arms Warrior / MHuman AffWarlock
>BC
>FGnome Fury/Prot Warrior
>WoTLK
>MoP
>WoD
>Legion
>FBelf Fury/Prot Warrior

I'm so tired of the game I wanted a change of scenery to see if it sparked any interest...Not really. Doesn't help much that it's all the same scenery because shared towns, And might as well be the same people since nobody ever says anything.
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Male Tauren warrior
>TBC
Male Dwarf hunter
>WoTLK
FemGnome rogue
>Cata
FemGoblin warlock
>MoP
Exclusively level 19 FemPanda monk twink
>WoD
Didn't play
>Legion
Didn't play
>>
>>378870794
I think the reason you're so bored is that you've been playing the same specs for years, try something complete different.

Shadow Priest is really good right now.
>>
>>378870538
>What the fuck ever happened to legacy servers?
Nothing happened.

>Did Nostalrius get shut down again?
It did, and then Elysium debatably scooped up the code to run their own servers, which are still going decently strong iirc.

>Did anything happen at that meeting at Blizzard headquarters?
Rape, most likely.
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Didn't play
>TBC
Didn't play
>WotLK
Nelf Rogue
>Cata
Dwarf Priest
>MoP
Undead Warlock
>WoD
Orc Warlock
>Legion
Orc Warlock
>>
>>378870980
>Shadow Priest is really good right now.
>Bottom 3 spec
Anon I...
>>
>>378871083
I was talking in terms of !!FUN!!, not how viable they are.
>>
>>378871169
>WoW
>Fun
Anon I...
>>
I mean I remember hearing that they, like many other great game companies, fired or lost the majority of their good developers. They lost a lot of players like my dad when they cut out the real money auction house for Diablo, because now noone had a way to pay for WoW without paying out of pocket.
>>
I mean this isn't really a surprise. Chrono is a fucking pushover on any difficulty below Mythic, and even then he's just a minor DPS/HPS check.

WoW is only any fun when pushing really high keys on non bullshit affixes or when progressing through mythic raid content
>>
redpill me
how's Ret in Legion
>>
>>378864109
>TBC
>Fem night elf hunter
>WotLK
>Fem Human Holy Paladin / Fem Gnome DK
>Cata
>Fem Human Holy pala / Fem blood elf rogue
>MoP
>Male Troll Mage
>WoD
>Male Orc DK
>Legion
>Fem Blood elf Hunter
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
>human rogue
>TBC
>human warrior
>WotLK
>tauren warrior
>Cata
>tauren warrior
>MoP
>Orc warrior
>WoD
>Orc Shaman
>Legion
>Orc shaman
>>
>>378871376
Mythic progression in Legion isn't fun. Nighthold was a fucking nightmare. M NH Bosses were tuned for people in ilvl 900-905 gear, and everything after the first 3 bosses was tuned to 54 traits.
What that basically meant was every single fucking kill of every boss was just as hard and tedious as your first. My guilds first M Krosus kill was 5:59. Our fifth was 6:01 (Boss died as we were all up in the air falling into the water).

Every single kill is just as annoying as the first. On top of that, most of the bosses have at least one mechanics that's just annoying as fuck. Carrion Swarms on M Tich, literally everything about Botanist etc.
I quit at 7/10. My guild is now 10/10 but even with the option to resub and jump straight into Mythic farm, I don't want to. Fuck Nighthold and fuck Legion raid design.
>>
>>378864109
>vanilla
female night elf druid
>bc
female tauren warrior
>wotlk
male blood elf dkit was for the racials i swear
>cata
bounced between female undead hunter and male tauren dk
>mop
didn't play
>wod
didn't play
>legion
male night elf demon hunter for like a week and never touched it again
>>
>>378871609
Sucks early on, once you get BiS legos and some gear enjoy being king of burst cleave
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
dwarf hunter
>TBC
Dwarf hunter, human warrior
>WotLK
Human paladin
>Cata
skipped
>MoP
Orc warrior
>WoD
skipped
>Legion
Orc warrior
>>
>>378870980
It's a good theory but I think I'm just burnt out. I started this expansion trying something new, same in MoP. Went back to warrior. Prot war is honestly really fun right now.

I also do a lot of alts, so I've tried a little of everything. Nothing is different enough in the world of condensed roles to make me want to level anymore.
>>
>>378871609
you finally get to jerk off with ashbringer
>>
>>378860156
iirc Mione soloed a 5.0 boss during 5.0
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Human Holy Paladin
>TBC
Human Prot Paladin
>Wrath
Human Unholy DK (dps)
>Cata
Mostly skipped but played some BE Shadow Priest
>MoP
lol
>WoD
Troll Warrior
>Legion
Human Ret Paladin
>>
File: 500px-Titan-egi_front1.jpg (22KB, 500x261px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Titan-egi_front1.jpg
22KB, 500x261px
>>378860345
Leave Ramuh to me!
Stupid gook
>>
>>378864109

>vanilla
male dwarf paladin
>tbc
male undead warrior
>wotlk
male undead warrior
>cata
didn't main anything, didn't play much
>MoP
female draenei shaman
>WoD
female draenei shaman
>legion
female draenei mage
>>
>>378870375
>feral druid
those still exist?
>>
>>378872083
>Skipped MoP the 3rd best expansion
>Played WoD
What's it like cucking yourself this hard?
>>
>>378872351
cat is for fite
>>
>>378860156
Is this that thing where you pretend Legion invented most of the game's features and none of the other expansions exist?
>>
>>378860156
It's always been possible to solo at least 1 boss during the expansion

Blizzard always add these retarded mechanics and not think about it in the entire scheme, so one or two really smart people notice it, not the entire game

Not to mention that Heroic is Normal now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JEG3jeTaJ4
>>
File: 3.jpg (388KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
388KB, 1920x1080px
>>378872351
they sure do fa.m
by far the most difficult DPS in the game to master, but very fun if you enjoy a challenge and a bit of plate spinning
>>
>>378872351
JOHN FUCKING MADDEN
>>
>>378872590
can cat durids still teleport everywhere or did the blizzard fun police take that away?
>>
>>378864109
>van
MNE druid
>bc
FGnome Mage
>wotlk
MHuman Pala
>cata
MHuman Pala
>mop
MBelf Rogue
>wod
FHuman Warlock
>legion
MTroll Shaman
>>
>>378872579
NO1 THE GAME WAS GOOD IN THE PAST WHEN I ONLY LEVELED CASUALLY WITH MY SCHOOL BUDDIES AND NOW IT'S SHIT BECAUSE THE INTERNET SAYS SO!!!
>>
File: NostCucks.png (609KB, 1644x720px) Image search: [Google]
NostCucks.png
609KB, 1644x720px
>>378872758
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Human Mage
>TBC
Human Mage
>WoTLK
Human Mage

Quit the game after this.
>>
>>378872758
now it's shit because the majority of the game doesn't require any communication with other players and good rewards are handed out like fucking candy for doing menial tasks, among other things.
>>
File: 4.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
>>378872593
It's not like that anymore (except for during burst windows). The difficulty doesn't come from spamming keys like you've got Parkinson's anymore, it's the sheer amount of things you need to manage.

>>378872683
Do you mean the displacer beast blink-lite? That's still there. Feral still have no trouble getting around.
>>
>>378869860
Don't fucking lie you cunt. Go ask SE about sub numbers and their player retention. The only people playing FFXIV are addicts and ERPer's in Balmung who buy a Fantasia potion every other day. FFXIV has a major new player problem with the early leveling experience being complete ass and new content being gated behind 160 hours worth of quests with the brunt of it being fetch quests in ARR. I haven't played WoW since MoP but at least you could level and skip vanilla then do tbc/WotLK quests and it wasn't gated by quests and ilvl requirements like it is in FFXIV. Hey, at least you guys have jump potions now to fix that. One for leveling and one for skipping quests. Bravo.
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Undead Priest
>TBC
Undead Priest
>WotlK
Undead Priest
>Cata
Undead Rogue
>MoP
Undead Rogue.
I quit a year before WoD was released. Never went back and sold the account.
>>
>>378872363
I quit maybe a month or two into Cata. After that I just quit the game for a good while due to work and getting my shit together. Came back when I hear the hype from WoD and enjoyed leveling but then realized there was nothing to do except wait in the garrison and afk. I'm enjoying legion though.
>>
>>378872896
It doesn't require it because that's terrible design, but you can be sure there are always people interacting anyway, because it's fun. Good rewards aren't handed out like candy. They are only better than starting gear. There's ways to catch up every patch like there have been since TBC.
>>
>>378864109
>wrath
undy protection warr
>cata
First warrior, switched to rogue
>legion
DH unironically
>>
File: wowbaby.jpg (52KB, 800x258px) Image search: [Google]
wowbaby.jpg
52KB, 800x258px
>>378872997
lmao look at the WoW babby that got triggered.
>>
>>378860156
Two problems.

One, they wanted to appeal to a wider and wider audience, and so they needed to start appealing to more casual players. Your average idiot on the internet doesn't want to focus on showing up at a set time, much less work together in a cohesive group. And since that audience would give up if absolutely anything wasn't something they could achieve (even if it was never intended for them) these challenges needed to be dumbed down to the point where an idiot in a pickup party could manage.

Two, nobody is playing anything past the expansions anymore. I mean, that could be a concern earlier in the game, but with a few expansions you might expect people to still be going through the original content. At this point, though, WOW has no new players and so everybody is just playing the most recent release. Any previous content is going to be completely empty and dead. If players couldn't deal with those bosses, then they would never be capable of seeing that content at all.
>>
>>378871891
Yeah, Mythic Nighthold fucking sucks to do on farm. When you have the needed gear progression it's kinda fun, provided your guild is't completely retarded with mechanics, but after that you just never want to return.
>>
File: 1437421983523.jpg (165KB, 903x575px) Image search: [Google]
1437421983523.jpg
165KB, 903x575px
>>378872997
>>
>>378871891
>>378874297
Mythic Star Augur is probably one of my top 3 favourite bosses that isn't an end-of-expansion boss.
Everything from the boss room visuals to the coordination and communication required is top notch.

The Grand Conjunction mechanic is what makes it for me, tbqh. That sort of individual responsibility for every single player in the raid, and the spacial awareness, foresight and communication needed to do correctly without fucking up is something we haven't seen on many bosses.
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Human Mage
>BC
Human Warrior
>WotLK
Belf Paladin
>Cata
---
>MoP
Nelf Monk
>>
>left wow over a year ago when legion was released
>kinda get the itch again
>no trial version of legion is available yet for my account

How long would there need to pass before it becomes available? I remember even getting MoP and WoD for free after enough time had passed.
>>
>playing fury
This is pretty fun doods.
>got my best legendary and best trinket within a day and a half
I never have this kind of luck with RNG.
>>
>>378874840
The personal responsibility aspect of it is cool. What's annoying in general is just that everything is a one shot- and raid wipe mechanic if it's fucked up. One shot mechanics just get tiring when every boss have them.

>>378875193
"Enjoy" Draught of Souls while you can. Fury is throwing that thing as far away as possible when 7.2.5 launches.
>>
>>378875042
send a ticket telling in Battle.net that you have been interested in the expansion and would like a few days of trial to test it

I did that and let me play for 1 day free, enough to log in, remember why you didn't play anymore, and log out
>>
>>378876641

This. Open up a live chat and you could be playing 30 minutes from now.
>>
You could solo raid bosses in vanilla, retard
>>
>>378860156
I kind of want to blame LFD for the state of this game and most MMOs to follow it. The consequences of trying to bypass the group creation wait time are so fucking far reaching and it just ruined everything.
>>
I am considering making an alt strictly for quests-only (unless one sends me into a dungeon at the end of a zone) and no heirlooms. What would be a fun class for this and what are some 'mandatory' zones to go through?
>>
>>378870149

you were so close to perfect taste, but you had to roll FEMALE panda at the end.
>>
>>378877536
Stealth classes are always fun, and mandatory depend a lot on your faction.
>>
>>378864109
undead combat rogue
undead sub rogue
undead blood deathknight
undead sub rogue
uninstall wizard
>>
>>378877536
with the amount of blues the games shits on you there wont be that big of a difference from heirlooms
granted it will take you quite a bit of extra time due to no xp modifiers so you might see more than 30 minutes of a zone before you outlevel it
>>
>>378864109

>Vanilla
male troll shammy
>TBC
male nelf druid, never got to max level
>WotLK
male belf mage
>Cata
troll rogue
>MoP
male panda monk, was gonna be a troll monk but i'm a bit of a lore fag so. also I needed to play monk as that is my favorite fantasy class.
>WoD
male panda monk
>Legion
haven't bought it, but you bet your ass i'd be on my monk
>>
>>378878293
>mandatory depend a lot on your faction
Sure but this is bare bones so I'm up for all suggestions, no faction preference.
>>378878636
That's the idea.
>>
>>378878785
Rogue is probably your best bet, especially now they have a lot of easy ways of travelling. Stealth allows you to do the quests fairly quickly and efficiently while not feeling like you're cheesing it.

Since Cataclysm I only really know the Horde zones, but the zones I particularly enjoyed were:
Kalimdor/EK:
>Silverpine Forest
>Ghostlands (this is still TBC, not changed afaik)
>Hillsbrad
>Badlands
>Stonetalon
>Thousand Needles
>Ashenvale
>Western + Eastern Plaguelands

TBC:
None of these have aged that well, but
>Netherstorm
>Terokkar
>Nagrand
Are probably the best here. Blade's Edge is better for Horde than Alliance, but if you don't have flying it's a massive pain to get around.

WotLK:
>Howling Fjords
>Grizzly Hills
>Storm Peaks
>Icecrown
Latter two really need flying.

Cataclysm:
>Vashj'ir (you either love or hate this)
>Uldum
Twilight Highlands is much better for Alliance than Horde, I hear.
>>
>>378879651
This helps a lot. Thanks man.
>>
>>378866347
so its literally just like vidya in general for the last 10 years?
>>
>>378878785
>>378879651
cont. of this autistic list

Pandaria:
>Jade Forest (the zone isn't the best but it's a good introduction)
>Valley of the Four Winds
>Dread Wastes
>Kun-Lai Summit

Draenor:
>Frostfire Ridge (you're forced to go here, Shadowmoon for the Alliance does the same)
>Gorgrond
>Spires of Arak

Legion (you'll probably have to do everything here at one point or another, but these are the most fun imo):
>Highmountain
>Suramar
Azsuna and Stormheim are pretty good, Val'Sharah depends a lot on the tolerance of Malfurion and the druids as a whole as characters. Broken Shore is a throwaway WQ zone.
>>
>>378864109
belf/undead rogue
>>
>>378861245
they were in nax gear which was practically tbc tier gear.

I had the (dis)pleasure of fighting a nax geared guild in warsong gulch once. It was pretty much a game of whackamole for the oposing team. people who say skill > gear dont know just how bad it can be.
>>
>>378860156
Because Vengeance is GoaT

>>378860345
It's easy to balance your game when everything in it is boring and simple as a saltine cracker, and there's zero player choice outside of gearing
>>
>>378868502
they stopped reporting sub numbers
pretty sure it's only slightly above wod levels right now
>>
>Vanilla
Tauren Shaman
>TBC
Troll Mage
>WotLK
Gnome Death Knight
>Cata
Quit
>>
>>378866347
I just wish someone made a fantasy open world pvp game with guild vs guild sieges
>>
What are some decent looking shoulders for a male Tauren?
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 200x499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 200x499px
>>378877359
Yep.

>I don't want to have to camp global channels for hours to get a group
1) remove an avenue of player interaction
>well if it finds people automatically they can be anywhere, so teleport us to the dungeon to save time
2) make the world feel smaller by allowing more instantaneous travel
3) teleporting to an instanced area means less people passing through the overworld, makes it feel less alive
>well hold on, you gave us 3 dps but none of them are mages, how can we do this? Now we have a mage but a pally tank and shaman healer? That's not gonna work
4) classes homogenized to perform decently equally at their roles
5) external influences have to be adjusted to compensate for a lack of particular utility that remains (no cc so no dangerous mobs, no offheals or guaranteed range, etc)
>Hey wait this random group is full of idiots, we can't do this dungeon
6) content dumbed down to support careless or less skilled players
>more people are able to do dungeons easier than ever! Now gearing is less of a challenge too
7) other avenues of gearing are devalued, like crafting
8) gearing faster means people finish available content to them faster

Etc etc
This isn't going into how this slippery slope destroyed server community or questing because everyone became a solo superstar
>>
File: thank you blizzard.png (130KB, 390x360px) Image search: [Google]
thank you blizzard.png
130KB, 390x360px
>>378864109

>Vanilla
Tauren Hunter for the first year
Troll Rogue the rest of vanilla
>TBC
Belf Paladin until I got tired of healing BT
Rerolled Belf Rogue because my old account got banned for selling gold.
>Wrath
Belf Ret Paladin till LeetKing
Belf MM Hunter until Cata release
>Cata
Belf MM Hunter mostly pvp'd
Belf Disc Priest when DS came out
>MoP
Belf BM Hunter for major lols
Belf Warlock for major OP in PvE
>Warlords
Belf Hunter (no spec) because I dropped that piece of shit expansion after I hit 100.
>Legion
Belf Hunter until max level
Belf Demon Hunter until I got bored of the hamster wheel quit after 5 weeks of Nightmare.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_031717_003049.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_031717_003049.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Night Elf Hunter
>TBC
Blood Elf Warlock
>WotLK
I honestly forget
>Cata
Undead Hunter
>MoP
Tauren/Pandaren Warrior (ironic race change paid for by someone else)
>WoD
Pandaren Warrior
>Legion
Orc Monk
>>
>>378860156
someone solo'd patchwerk during wrath
>>
>>378864109
>vanilla
Human rogue / orc warrior
>TBC
undead rogue
>wotlk
female night elf deathknight. she looked perfect then i payed to make her into a troll to play with friends and now she loks like shit.
>cata
tauren deathknight
not sure why i made a new deathknight. i remember getting to lvl cap and starting pvp and thinking to myself fuck this shit im not doing another gear grind. then i dropped the game.
oh but i did play a human priest for the first raid in legion with some friends but I didnt really "get" healing so i quit.
>>
File: 1495225223360.png (44KB, 532x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495225223360.png
44KB, 532x600px
>>378874096
>Bearmug
Is that fucking Ralph ?
>>
>>378860345
You can't do shit like this in XIV because all the classes are incredibly generic and lacking in depth, and Yoshi nerfs anything fun and/or interesting, like the AoE holocaust coming in SB.

>R-R-Respect muh content
>>
>>378880057
>>378879882
>>378878785
Oh yeah, for Pandaria, if you're interested in quests I assume you're interested in lore - don't forget to pick up all the Lorewalker scrolls and get the stories at the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. They're a treat.
>>
>Chromatic Anomaly
>Slow Phase
More like average XIV boss fight amirite or amirite
>>
>>378880057
I'm surprised that someone liked Highmountain, I hated leveling there.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_021017_125842.jpg (435KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_021017_125842.jpg
435KB, 1920x1080px
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Tauren hunter
>TBC
Tauren druid
>WotLK
Tauren druid
>Cata
Tauren warrior
>MoP
Human paladin
>WoD
Orc warrior
>Legion
Orc warrior -> tauren druid
>>
>>378874413
This article is what, 2 years old? And you realize XIV has always had less subs than WoW, right? Especially now when HW is dead and Legion is ramping up.
>>
>>378877164
which one(s)
>>
>>378864109
>van
>fhuman aff warlock

>bc
>fhuman destro warlock

>wrath
>fhuman aff warlock

>cata
>fhuman aff warlock (holy shit, topping damage, kills, and heals in every BG)

>panda
>fhuman demon tank warlock

>orcland
>fhuman warlock

>legion
>.
>>
>>378881296

>Legion is ramping up

It's been going down since forever. It never ramps up and the only reason WoW is still alive is because 90% of the population are incapable of playing other games and they let you pay for the sub with Gold.
>>
>>378860156
Weren't there a few people who soloed Onyxia back in vanilla? Like when MC was the highest level raid.
>>
Tell me why you still play Legion /v/.
>>
>>378880502
>Now we have a mage but a pally tank and shaman healer?
>how can we do this?
kek
paladin tank with 3 mage dps is/was op as fuck for 5 mans even in vanilla. pally just aoe tank shit and mages aoe the trash down. easy game easy life.
t- played a paladin tank for 5 mans in vanilla and actually knew what i was doing because i could read skill tooltips.
>>
Is there a way to transfer one character's full UI and addon settings to another character?
>>
File: Bueno.jpg (56KB, 914x634px) Image search: [Google]
Bueno.jpg
56KB, 914x634px
Post yfw you will live to see the death of WoW
>>
>stopped playing in decemberish just before night hold
>starting to get the itch again
have i missed much?
>>
File: macron and his mother.jpg (132KB, 1180x788px) Image search: [Google]
macron and his mother.jpg
132KB, 1180x788px
>>378881618
>>
File: tl.gif (1MB, 420x313px) Image search: [Google]
tl.gif
1MB, 420x313px
>>378881779
I wonder what's under that mask
>>
>>378881450
You realize XIV has less active players than even TESO has, right? They only reported the 4 Million number because it was the all-time high. The average sub-count is much, much lower. They do well enough, but don't delude yourself into thinking it's ever done better than WoW.
>>
>>378860156
People used to be able to solo Gruul.
This isn't something new
>>
>>378880664
someone also solod sartharion during wrath
raegwyn was blood dk incarnate
>>
>>378864109
>WotLK
Gnome Mage
>Cata
Balance Druid
>MoP
Frost DK, Enhancement Shaman
>WoD
Feral/Balance Druid, Enhancement Shaman
>Legion
Feral/Balance Druid, Enhancement Shaman
>>
>>378860156
>Blizzdrones will still argue that current content is harder than vanilla
In old Naxx you would get 3 shot by any of the bosses as a tank without a healer and an off-tank. Fucking ridiculous.
>>
File: 1358.gif (2MB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1358.gif
2MB, 400x267px
>check how active /wowg/ is these days
>mfw
/vg/ truly has no mods does it
>>
>>378882321
that's pretty much what mythic is for. do what you're supposed to do when you're supposed to do it or everyone dies.
>>
File: AAAAAAAA.gif (557KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAA.gif
557KB, 400x400px
>>378882430
go there and ask about Ralph
that'll get the chat flowing

or call Jojo an autistic nigger for making a /wowg/ wikia
like holy fuck that guys so fucking autistic, who makes a fucking WIKIA for a shitposting general
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
>Human Pally
>TBC
>Human Pally
>WotLK
>Human Pally
>Cata
>Uninstall Wizard
>MoP
>Uninstall Wizard
>WoD
>Uninstall Wizard
>Legion
>Uninstall Wizard
>>
>>378860156
reason i don't play wow to much anymore every new class is like aids.
>>
>>378860156
>people
It's just one dude. This guy's been soloing shit since wrath on, surprise surprise, a deathknight. Now that there's another tank class with significant self healing and other bullshittery he's at it again. Move along, nothing to see here.
>>
>>378877359
A group finder isn't a bad idea but they took it too far by also teleporting you to and from the dungeon and having separate loot bags just for participating so everyone feels like a winner.
>>
>>378882716
>dude
>>
>>378882430
Fuck you cumgargling piece of shit
>>
File: 1382815962424.jpg (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1382815962424.jpg
432KB, 1920x1080px
/vg/ is superior
>>
>>378882430
>>378882659
stay out of my general nerds
>>
Is survival hunter viable at the current patch/PTR or is it still a meme spec?
>>
>>378882430
It's literal children shitposting at other literal children
all the time
every day
Not much different than most generals.
>>
>>378882805
They had an absolutely perfect system in TBC, that is, a simple party finder menu. No automatic grouping but you could put an ad in with what you were doing and what you were looking for without needing to spam chat or go after people in whisper.
>>
>>378882689
You actually bought and played all expansions after WotLK? Fucking pleb.
>>
>>>/vg/178609270
stay in your containment general panda sluts
>>
The biggest complaint I have is that Mythic raids are too fucking difficult and require way too much of a time investment to be doable. There's such a huge disparity between Heroic and Mythic that is almost impossible to gap unless you're poopsocking with 24 other people for several months.
>>
>>378860156
>still playing this piece of shit in 2k17
>>
File: FREE.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FREE.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
>>378883074
fuck off
>>
>>378883456
That's what it's there for.
>>
File: cool.jpg (630KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
630KB, 1920x1080px
Lets live here together
>>
>>378883763
way to get a matching belt for your mog cockbite
>>
>>378883753
Yeah, but no one finds it fun, not even the top end guilds. More top end guilds have disbanded in Legion than any other previous expansion because it's such a massive pain in the ass.
>>
File: 63849.png (93KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
63849.png
93KB, 600x600px
WATCH AS YOUR THREAD COMES TO AN END

THE HOUR OF TWILIGHT IS NIGH

THE SUN SETS ON YOUR PITIFUL /V/ EXISTENCE
>>
>>378880803
t. noob
>>
>>378884058
It's not supposed to be fun, it only exists to appease the turbo autists who thought that only like 1% of guilds ever seeing naxx 40 was a good thing.
>>
File: 737234346.jpg (1MB, 1820x2514px) Image search: [Google]
737234346.jpg
1MB, 1820x2514px
>>378864109
>Vanilla
mTroll Hunter
>TBC
>WoTlk
>Cata
>MoP
mOrcWarlock
>WoD
mOrc Warlock
>Legion
mOrc Warlock

Legion made me quit for good though.
>>
File: flip.png (543KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
flip.png
543KB, 1280x720px
>>378883841
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zRM9_nbAGI
>>
>>378863418
>I don't know about you but there's a world of a difference between doing content with a tank, a healer and a damage-dealer and doing it solo, especially considering it appears not to be some "clever use of game mechanics" kind of deal (like maximum agility stacked feral with SWP-gear running with scorpid sting and insect swarm miss chance, blessing of kings and grace of air for 103.4% avoidance, Gruul for example was also 5-manned in this manner in TBC) but simultaneously having enough mitigation, self-healing and damage to do it "legit".

In vanilla an all stealth team or an all mage team could blast through dungeons and some raids, so it's not just people who adhered to the core mechanics to get things done. Vanilla was more about resistances and weaknesses in enemies so in some areas you could get away with unorthodox teams.
>>
>>378883456
>poopsocking
Thanks for bringing this term back.
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Nelf Priest (Holy)
>BC
Nelf Priest (Shadow)
>Wotlk
Nelf/Troll Priest (Shadow)
>Cata
Troll Priest (Shadow)
>Mop
Troll Priest (Shadow)
>WoD
Troll Priest (Shadow)
>Legion
Troll/Draenei Priest (Shadow)
>>
>>378884110
fuck off animefag
>>
>>378884189
Then why would they lock the only good looking versions of the tier sets behind a nigh-impossible difficulty? Fucking Blizzard.
>>
>>378884163
You have no real combat. Literally none of the jobs in XIV or interesting or fun, except maybe, MAYBE ninja. The only class I enjoyed was Scholar because I liked having a pet heal for me while I shielded people and did big-dick AoE DPS.

XIV just has the most basic "Babby's first tab-target MMO" class design. It's so fucking boring. Is there some depth in Ninja or Black Mage? Yes. Are they really trhat fun to play? No. Just compare any Tank in XIV to Vengeance, and any healer to Mistweaver. It's no contest.
>>
>>378880115
As a mage in rank 13 set with a few BWL and Naxx pieces like rings and weapon, yes.
Gear was entirely beating skill, it got to the point where I could instant cast kill most people in the normal 5man gear with just 1 fireblast.
>>
>>378863418
>>>378861245
I don't know about you but there's a world of a difference between doing content with a tank, a healer and a damage-dealer and doing it solo

You realize that the boss in the OP will be tuned for a 10 player group, right? Meanwhile, Onyxia was tuned for 40.
>>
>>378881604
>pally tank OP in vanilla

Let's see, how many paladins were tanking in Naxx compared to warriors?
>>
File: 1494142342166.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494142342166.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>378884426
ok
>>
>>378884110
>doing falcosaur world quest on DH alt
>see some prot warrior pull 3 packs along with 2 patriarchs
>run up and do 2 eye beams in a row because head legendary
>everything dies
>he goes "jesus christ, you fuckin melted them"

I impressed someone today
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
>Troll Rogue
>BC
>Undead Rogue
>Wrath
>Belf Mage
>Cata
>Human Mage

Quit in Cata since it ruined the game.
>>
File: 1479890343793.png (512KB, 795x470px) Image search: [Google]
1479890343793.png
512KB, 795x470px
>>378884502
>Mistweaver
>not Discipline
See me after class
>>
>>378865290

It wasn't shit. Not at the time. It didn't have the features it has now but it was still ahead of its time.

Think of a game where questing matters and you're free to pick up any quest you like. Some of them can be chains sometimes. People roaming the world for reasons, going to dungeons, gathering, maybe roleplay. You had dastardly players hiding out on popular roads, ready to ambush the unsuspecting player who merely wants to go about his business.

Blackrock Mountain was a massacre. Someone killed someone he shouldn't have, a guild shows up, another guild shows up, people start an all-out war. Same thing happened during world bosses. Which is where the infamous KEK came from because the Alliance would see "kek" whenever the Horde said "lol".

The world felt alive and rewarding to roam around in. To go on more adventures with friends you could go through epic raids that felt hard but also rewarding because you got to see the evil in the world of Azeroth and got amazing items from these powerful entities. They didn't drop like candy back then. No they did not.

It was a different time.
>>
>>378885343
thanks man no one had posted this for ages and I never saved it so I coudl reportst it
>>
>>378884668

He said 5 mans you dunce

Warriors are for REAL tanking, but in 5 mans you could have even had a druid or SHAMAN tank.
>>
>>378885504
Disc is cool conceptually but performs like shit and is an absolute bore to play. A well done DISC would be awesome though.
>>
File: 1480749862048.jpg (116KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480749862048.jpg
116KB, 1600x1200px
>>378864109

>there are people in this thread who don't exclusively main Death Knights and play nothing else

disgusting
>>
>>378884502
stormblood > legion
end of story
>>
>>378885736
*kites u*
>>
>>378881557
It's fun pushing high mythic+ keys with friends
A lot of fun really, bosses you didn't know even have mechanics become huge issues

>>378885693
It doesn't match HPS of other healers but it essentially turns mana in to raid wide healing CDs to fill in gaps your group otherwise couldn't
Also it's fun as fuck what are you talking about
>>
>>378863418
Blood was DPS in wrath. Cata baby.
>>
>>378884668
5-mans were paladin tank strongsuits for vanilla and TBC because you were the only tank that could have effective AoE threat

You know how groups mass pull nowadays? Paladin tanks worth their shit were doing that in vanilla.
>>
File: draenei paladin.jpg (202KB, 627x899px) Image search: [Google]
draenei paladin.jpg
202KB, 627x899px
>>378885736
Fuck you, undead scum. I praise the Light.
>>
File: 1470889603106.gif (1MB, 700x376px) Image search: [Google]
1470889603106.gif
1MB, 700x376px
>>378885862
>my expansion that isn't out yet is better than yours lalalala I can't hear you
>>
>>378885504
>Discipline
>As competent a healer as any other healer spec on any class

It's a novel idea, but you simply cannot shit out the amount of healing that other specs/classes can, and that's understandable because if you could heal and dps equally well, there would be no reason for holy to exist.
>>
>>378886092
from what I playtested of stormblood at the media tour event, it kicks WoWs shit in.
>>
>>378886065
>draenei
i thought paladins needed to be pure
>>
>>378883074
>going to WoW General
>ever

/vg/ was a mistake
>>
File: 1496081680738.jpg (75KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496081680738.jpg
75KB, 250x250px
>>378886183
And yet you're incapable of posting a single reason why
Interesting
>>
>>378885989
So were warriors. Battleshout spamming to keep aggro.
Did you even play in vanilla??
>>
>>378886158
If Disc spreads 15-18 atonements through Radiance it heals as well as a Tranq, it just desperately needs Velen's
You can Light's Wrath for a full group heal as well
>>
>>378880803
I can confirm this. I recently started to play XIV and while the game is pretty and all the gameplay itself is really 7/10 effort with 2.5 second cooldowns etc. It doesn't matter which class you play because they are all the same with similar skills etc. It tends to get boring.
>>
>>378886943
>tfw they're in the process of homogenizing it all further for Stormblood
Truly the savior of XIV
>>
>>378886183

What's good about it? Honest question. I haven't played FFXIV at all. WoW is just casual bullshit with bad class gameplay. How they managed to make every class an unfun mess to play is beyond me so I'm looking for something more interesting.
>>
File: wwo.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wwo.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
>Still playing tab targeting trash when the messiah of MMOs is in the horizon
>>
File: 1488098171542.jpg (24KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1488098171542.jpg
24KB, 360x270px
>>378887295
People who play XIV can never really give you a reason why, they'll just tell you "because WoWs shit" and "it's just better"
It's slower, all the classes are homogenized to shit yet still people cry about MNK/PLD/WHM being in the cuck shed, there's literally nothing to do after your weekly raids, 4 raid bosses per 8 months, PvP is a complete joke and you're best off ignoring it, 3 second server tick, disgustingly boring low levels because they refuse to give you core actions until 50-60
But the graphics are nice :^)
>>
>>378887653
What I have noticed that 'certain kind' of people like to play XIV. Not bashing animu fans here because I like animu too and cute girls etc but people like this

>https://steamcommunity.com/id/seraphna

When you go to steam forums for example you'll see there is very vocal minority who are active and will stomp you to ground if you claim something against the game.
>>
>>378864109
v = pally
TBC = resto druid
WOTLK = ret pally
Cata = holy pally
Pandaria = aff lock
warlords = aff lock
Legion = holy pally
>>
>>378864109

>Vanilla
Male Troll Priest
>BC
Male Troll Priest
>WotLK
Male Troll Priest
>Cata
Female Undead Mage
>MoP
Male Orc Warlock
>WoD
Male Orc Warlock
>Legion
Male Blood elf Demon Hunter
>>
>>378887653

Huh? The graphics aren't that great. I find that most of the characters look like plastic. Was hoping the gameplay and content was at least worthwhile.
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Tauren Warrior
>TBC
Tauren Warrior
>WotLK
Tauren Warrior
>Cata
unsubbed
>MoP
unsubbed
>WoD
Tauren Warrior
>Legion
Dwarf Priest__
>>
>>378885940
Casting penance over and over again with smite orwhatever as filler isn't fun, matey. Maybe if the DPS rotation was more complex and applying/maintaining Atonement was more streamlined.
>>
File: 1495273875646.jpg (449KB, 1550x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1495273875646.jpg
449KB, 1550x1050px
>>
File: 1495285644931.jpg (267KB, 1280x867px) Image search: [Google]
1495285644931.jpg
267KB, 1280x867px
>>
File: 1495274411624.png (468KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495274411624.png
468KB, 800x800px
>>
File: 1495276029878.jpg (211KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495276029878.jpg
211KB, 800x800px
>>
File: 646789.png (81KB, 199x190px) Image search: [Google]
646789.png
81KB, 199x190px
>>378890213
>>378890104
>>378889975
stfu and start posting nudes.
>>
File: 1429152571861.jpg (86KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1429152571861.jpg
86KB, 384x313px
>>378889619
If you're just pretending to be a DPS then yeah it's gonna be more boring than a real DPS
You're ignoring your dot, divine star/halo, schism, mindbreaker and light's wrath on CD, and the rest of your basic/emergency heals like shadow mend/shield

Maybe it's more fun to me because I push high mythic+ than work on raiding
>>
>>378885974
Blood was the go-to tanking spec in ICC.
>>
File: 1495281725484.gif (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1495281725484.gif
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>
File: 1495283101578.jpg (942KB, 1680x916px) Image search: [Google]
1495283101578.jpg
942KB, 1680x916px
>>

>>378890349
dont respond to Huns poster
only respond to Ralph
>>
/vg/ is here to raise autism awareness
threads over go home
>>
File: 1495273267256.jpg (143KB, 740x850px) Image search: [Google]
1495273267256.jpg
143KB, 740x850px
>>
File: 1495285324540.jpg (130KB, 740x550px) Image search: [Google]
1495285324540.jpg
130KB, 740x550px
>>
>>378886183
>world first raiders of xiv i.e elysium literally swapped mmos and are just playing sb out of commitment
>still somehow this retard says that given his own experience it kicks wows shit in

xd
>>
>>378885862
t. weeabo shill that never played wow
>>
xiv shills saged thread

sad af lmao
>>
>>378860156

lel look at those fucking numbers.
>>
>>378891694
people are sustaining 1.5mil dps on the PTR right now with entry level gear
>>
>>378891825
hh
>>
>>378891825

It's nuts, they must be able to go back and one shot old raid bosses.
>>
>>378860345

They reduced the amount of buttons to 1 hotbar and they still take 5 years to address anything too. Even then all it does is see-saw the class balance.
>>
>>378860156
>Demon huntards
>being remotely balanced
>>
>>378890442
But it sucks as a healer and as a DPS. Like I said in my initial post, look at Disc versus Scholar in XIV.

I love Disc priest conceptually, but it's just lame. It'll probably be rad in an upcoming patch/next xpac.
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
>Orc Hunter
>TBC
>Orc Hunter
>WotLK
>Dwarf Warrior
>Cata
>Orc Warrior
>MoP
>Dwarf Warrior
>WoD
>Dwarf Warrior
>Legion
>Blood Elf Warrior
>>
>>378864109
>>Vanilla
>>Human Rogue/ Dwarf Hunter
>>TBC
>>Dwarf Hunter
>>WotLK
>>Dwarf Hunter
>>Cata
>>Dwarf Hunter
>>MoP
>>Dwarf Hunter
>>WoD
>>Dwarf Hunter
>>Legion
>>Dwarf Hunter
>>
>>378885613

>1 def cd 1 aggro generating totem
>tank

you somehow could, but shaman has less hp than a fucking pala tank
>>
>>378885974
Blood could tank pretty effectively. And solo earlier content with ease.
>>
File: 1442090305429.jpg (9KB, 509x216px) Image search: [Google]
1442090305429.jpg
9KB, 509x216px
>>378864109
>TBC
>Male Blood Elf Prot Paladin
>WotLK
>Fem Blood Elf Disc Priest
>Cata
>MoP
>Male Tauren Feral Druid
>WoD
>Legion
>Fem Blood Elf Holy Priest
Wish they'd bring Disc Priests back to how they were in Cata
>>
>>378894710
>BG
>see Blood DK at 25% hp
>fight him
>he kills me
>he now has 75% hp
Blood on launch was retarded.
>>
>>378860156
The feeling of accomplishment in Vanilla was never replicated. Wasted years collecting raid gear to be a god in PVP.

When arena gear came out it destroyed that dynamic. It's blizzards game, they can do whatever they want. But if anyone wants to make a lot of money with a game. YOU MAKE THE GAME FUCKING HARD AND MAKE THE REWARDS MEAGER.

The unobtainable is what attracted people to vanilla.
>>
>>378895047
The thing that attracted people to vanilla was either "It's an MMORPG of Warcraft characters, the game is fucking huge and you can go anywhere and do anything!" if you were a kid, or "It's Everquest for casuals but it might be worth a shot, at least the graphics are nice." if you were old.
>>
>Do a stat squish pre-WoD
>Numbers are already reaching the same ridiculousness

What was the point of the squish?
>>
>>378895417
To make the numbers smaller.
Apparently they're doing another one after Legion, as as long as it works I'm good.
>>
>>378895417
WoW is running on a WC3 engine, in MoP they hit the number cap with the health they wanted for H Garrosh; so they did a stat squish to buy some time for them to update the engine to allow higher numbers
>>
>>378864109
Vanilla
--
TBC
Resto Shama
WoTLK
Disc Priest
Cata
Holy Paladin
MoP
Restoration Druid
WoD
--
Legon
--

I'm never going back
>>
>>378860345
only thing worse than wow is XIV. this theme park lobby / token MMO model is shit and anyone who pays for them is a sucker.
>>
>>378895507
But why do half measures like that instead of just killing the power creep instead?
>>
>>378864109
vanilla - tbc prot warrior and then unsubbed for life
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Troll Shaman
>TBC
Troll Shaman
>WotLK
Troll Shaman
>Cata
Didn't play
>MoP
Pandarian Monk
>WoD
Didn't play
>Legion
Not playing
>>
>>378884651
skill > gear is true but if that guy was in naxx gear and you weren't it's easy to say that he was also more skilled than you considering how little people got to actually just see naxx.
>>
File: 1487808120774.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1487808120774.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>378898152
Almost exactly the same as me, but I didn't play Pandaland.
>>
>>378880115
>Nax Gear Warlock in Alterac Valley
>10 people trying to kill him

It was beautiful to watch
>>
>>378884546
naxx gear was better than r13 even if you went for only good pieces (gloves + chest) you still lost a lot of stats compared to say enigma robe or t3 robe and t2/cthun gloves.
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Didn't play
>TBC
Human Paladin
>WotLK
Draenei DK
>Cata
Troll Druid
>MoP
Huargen Druid
>WoD
Didn't play
>Legion
Orc Warrior
>>
File: jMux8ZqzKMhECxQuhgu4NrbqrA.png (595KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
jMux8ZqzKMhECxQuhgu4NrbqrA.png
595KB, 1200x630px
* saves the MMO genre *
>>
>heroic

literally who gives a shit
>>
File: 1495812101038.png (66KB, 780x750px) Image search: [Google]
1495812101038.png
66KB, 780x750px
>>378899024
MMO genre isnt dead, it's reached the end of the lifecycle and WoW will remain the dominant force, with no opposition for the rest of the MMO genres existance

We are now in the age of the MOBA
>>
>>378896876
>this theme park lobby / token MMO model is shit
if it's shit then nobody would pay for it but they do. it's a multi-million dollar industry.
>>
>>378899495
we're actually transitioning from age of moba to age of hero fps
>>
>>378899683
No we're not
>>
File: vanilla to legion subs.png (98KB, 2724x817px) Image search: [Google]
vanilla to legion subs.png
98KB, 2724x817px
rly makes you think...
>>
>>378899024
couldn't agree any more. you would have to be one sleep motherfucker to not be playing stormblood at launch.
>>
File: 1367474141812.jpg (40KB, 363x555px) Image search: [Google]
1367474141812.jpg
40KB, 363x555px
>>378899813

>Cataclysm
>ends up being an actual cataclysm that leads to the slow death of their game
>>
File: 122214156363463634.jpg (33KB, 417x416px) Image search: [Google]
122214156363463634.jpg
33KB, 417x416px
it didn't have to end like this...
>>
>>378864109
>Vanilla
Dwarf Hunter
>TBC
Dwarf Hunter
>WotLK
BElf DK
>Cata
Orc Mage
>MoP
Tauren Pally
>WoD
9 alts all with equal standing
>Legion
Undead Rogue
>>
>>378899801
MOBAs are losing players
>>
File: 9qSfd.png (97KB, 262x400px) Image search: [Google]
9qSfd.png
97KB, 262x400px
>>378899609
>if it's shit nobody would pay for it
Thread posts: 285
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.