[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Bad games with good attributes Starting off with FF13.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: ffxiiicover.jpg (57KB, 590x682px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiiicover.jpg
57KB, 590x682px
ITT: Bad games with good attributes

Starting off with FF13. Shit gameplay but absolutely god tier soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW9Alr38Ha0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfu0XBf8kmk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke281MBhpDg
>>
I liked its combat, cast, world and lore as well. Pretty as button too.
>>
>>378858768
>Muh music
Fuck off, if the gameplay is bad you don't give it the time of ay
>>
>>378859241
you seem to have missed the point of this thread
>>
>>378859276
No, I think the point is understood pretty well
>>
File: TWD-SI-cover.jpg (106KB, 340x419px) Image search: [Google]
TWD-SI-cover.jpg
106KB, 340x419px
>Even a single zombie felt like a threat
>You had to deal with crowds of zombies by distracting them or individually luring them away
>Could utilize traps to take out zombies
>Melee combat that felt suitably clunky to emphasize you weren't skilled, but still had enough of an impact to be satisfying

It had a lot of aspects of the early sections of Dying Light where even taking out one zombie felt like an accomplishment, and trying to take on a crowd of zombies without a plan was suicide. If the devs had been given a sizable budget and enough time to develop the game I think Survival Instinct could have been a great game. For a game that was written off by everybody as a cash grab they did put a lot of effort into the combat and enemies.
>>
File: das.jpg (67KB, 486x450px) Image search: [Google]
das.jpg
67KB, 486x450px
>>378859241
>the time of ay
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>378860372
Oh fuck Sega channel. I had this as a kid!
>>
>>378858768
imo what I liked more that the music in FF13 was the aesthetic and the concepts. I think the idea and mythos surroinding the Fal'Cie was fucking cool. If only it has been explored further...
>>
>>378860761
This 100%, I loved that the Fal'Cie controlled the power and the characters didn't just have DUDE MAGIC LMAO. They were slaves on borrowed time. The whole 'high-tech city vs wasteland planet' thing made for some cool fucking locations
>>
>>378859742
Aren't there several games called TWD?
>>
>>378860372
>Autistic screeching
>>
You got it backwards, the music is fucking terrible and the battle system is good.
>>
>>378862038
>Hold X to win is good
>>
>>378858768
The combat and music are good. It's the character and story that make it shit.
>>
>>378859742
Isn't that the one where you can repeatedly stab walkers in the head and never have to worry about taking damage even in the thickest of hordes?
>>
>>378862293
>purposefully playing a game in a way that makes you bored
>>
>>378858768
The ost is for the most part pretty shit
>>
>>378862546
Please tell me how the paradigm system has any depth to it and isn't just a rock paper scissors gimmick
>>
>>378862690
only the battle theme is good
>>
>>378859196
>>378862378
bros

the combat is god-tier and among the best in the series t bq h
>>
>>378863771
You don't win rock paper scissors by always putting out rock now, do you?
Besides, anyone with any sort of investment in this game beyond calling it shit for the sake of attention knows that a) auto commands are unreliable at best, especially for support roles, and b) timing is more important than the actual action you're doing, so you don't get interrupted and to abuse double turns from shifting paradigms
>>
>>378863771
The paradigm system completely turns the combat system of the series on its head. Up until 13, the formula was exactly the same; characters had set classes, that had particular skills, that were particularly good against particular opponents. But 13 completely changed everything. Changing classes was now a part of the battle, but all characters had to change at once. Classes were no longer set to equipment, but purely function. What this did was remove depth from classes but increase depth for the entire concept of battling. It no longer worked by the age-old system of characters being prepped and sortied for battle in the best way possible, but dynamically changing on the fly so rapidly, sometimes even between combatant actions. It's true, a lot of the entry-level mobs for areas were just Auto-Battle fodder. But this is true of any FF game. You telling me you never just spammed Attack on weak mobs in FF games? When it came to tougher marks or bosses, paradigm shifts were everything, especially if you weren't levelled/geared enough. You were no longer locked into a set line of thinking from start to finish of a fight ("Alright, so here's my WAR, BLM, and WHM; gotta get them into position and just keep up a steady rhythm!"), it became a constantly adapting game of switching based on who the enemies were, how many were left, and what they were doing. If other FF games' combat systems were acoustic or rock tracks with verses and a chorus, then FF13's combat system was a medley, or an orchestral symphony.
>>
>>378864703
Autism
>>
>>378860761
Square always does good atmosphere
>>
>>378858768
I don't think ff13 is a bad game at all. It's not one of the better ff games but I tend to enjoy all of them starting at ff4 and up. I don't really feel the need to shit on the ones I don't like as much.

I think ff13 is a decent 7/10. The music is great, the characters are mostly really good (Sazh, however it was spelled, is one of the best characters in the franchise). I don't mind the linearity, although I prefer the more open games in the series.

Overall, if someone is a jrpg fan I don't see any reason they wouldn't like ff13. Just how polished and complete it is is a major breath of fresh air in this day and age of games as a work in progress. My bighest complaint is being forced to read the codex so much to make sense of the story. If you bother reading it the story is actually pretty good, but it's shitty game design to force you to go into a menu and read that much. They should have worked it into dialogue or cut scenes.
>>
>>378864056
this.
been fooling around in 15 for past couple days. Don't dig the wannabe realtime mess at all.
>>
>>378864056
The combat system gets good but it takes too long to become complex enough to be interesting. I say this as a fan of the game, but it's like 12 hours of gameplay before you are really doing more than switching back and forth between two paradigms. By mid game it's great and end game it's 10/10. It builds up a bit too slowly.
>>
>People actually defending Hallway Simulator 09
>>
>>378866386
Spoken like my very own clone.
After years of hearing nothing but loud hate, I was super surprised to find myself enjoying the game as much as I did.
>>
>>378869127
Yeah I was late to the party. I only played it about a year ago. I liked it enough to play through 13-2 as well. I think 13 was better than 13-2 but they are both pretty good. I really enjoyed the time travel mechanic and the villain, but I wasn't a fan of the two leads. If 13-2 had better characters I may have liked it more than 13. I don't know why they built up such a good cast in 13 just to give them tiny cameos in the sequel and force me to play as the annoying sister.
>>
>>378866926
This. I was off put by it around the 10 hour mark, but when I replayed it I started using syn/sab characters a lot more than the basic com/rav combo. It was much more enjoyable with a full paradigm deck.

My only wish was that XIII-2 didn't have the monster system and instead expanded on the paradigms even more.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.