[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between this version and the ps2 in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
What's the difference between this version and the ps2 in terms of content, other than censorship and midi soundtrack

Also how do I patch both those things in a current play through. I'm between the castle and the maella Abbey or however it's spelled
>>
As someone who used to close himself in his room for days every time a new JRPG came out on the PS2, the only thing that's really changed is the graphics look like shit.

Anything else is just quality of life, something I haven't noticed yet, or people with their dank EVERYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS CENSORSHIP memes

I just got the ship in my file by the way
>>
First time playing this game, just made it to Ascantha, anyone have tips
>>
File: 1479640235338.png (2KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
1479640235338.png
2KB, 782x543px
>>378857730
>EVERYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS CENSORSHIP
Tell me how changing the music is "censorship"
Because I certainly don't like the music change.
>>
>Graphics are worse
>Music is no longer orchestral and some of Jessica's outfits were changed (these can be fixed if your 3DS is hacked, which it should be)
>Two new party members (Morrie and Red)
>New equipment
>Pokemon snap-esque side quest added
>New post-game dungeon with more superbosses
>Alchemy is now instant (probably the best change)
>New monster arena rank, Rank X
>No random encounters, monsters appear on the overworld which allows for easier metal slime murdering
>No longer have to go through menus to use the Soulstone/Sabrecat/Alchemy/Zoom bell since it's on the touchscreen now
>>
>>378858742

When you get access to an Agility Ring, make a Mercury's Bandana for Hero, you'll wear it for pretty much the rest of the game.

When you get access to a Cloak of Evasion, Wing of Bat, and Devil's Tail, make a Dark Robe for Yangus, its basically his best armor (High Defense with a big boost of Evasion) and, with drops, you can get it as early as stepping on the West continent (Buy the Cloak at a small tent on the way to Argonia).
>>
>>378859705
Oh and Twin Dragon Lash was nerfed so there's literally no reason to make Jessica use whips now.
>>
>>378859780
What weapons do you recommend for all the characters
Right now I have Long Spear on hero, and I switch to a Reinforced Boomerang for grinding

Yangus: Stone Axe
Jessica: thorn whip
Angelo: rapier
>>
>>378860523
Swords or Spears for hero, Axes for Yangus, Staves for Jessica, Bows for Angelo, Daggers for Red and Claws for Morrie.p
>>
>>378860723
What about fisticuffs, will I ever need that
>>
>>378860846
Not really.
>>
>>378859141
Hardware limitations
>>
>>378859141
The guy you quoted here.

The music thing is genuinely retarded because it's the stupid FUCKING GAIJINS PLAYING OUR GAMES REEEEE shit.

I was talking more along the lines of those fucking idiots who are like "wow you're okay with Akawakajako-chan-san-sama becoming Ako but you're mad panties are blurred? Fucking censorship apologist!".

Jessica's outfits make me angry but DQ8 is one of my favorite PS2 games so I tolerate it.
>>
Easier grinding, you can now rotate the camera to force enemies to respawn until metal slimes appear.
>>
Same game but with QoL and new party members. Also you can fuck Jessica. If you already played the ps2 one it's not worth it.
>>
>>378861525
It's not a hardware limitation, they simply were not allowed to use it. The JP version has an orchestrated soundtrack.
>>
Is storage in the bag infinite?
>>
File: 1494682978010.jpg (25KB, 503x499px) Image search: [Google]
1494682978010.jpg
25KB, 503x499px
>>378862930
>>
>>378861525
Factually incorrect. The jap composer doesn't like his live compositions being enjoyed by the west.
>>
>>378859705
I think the only real unfortunate loss was Hero losing the super saiyan hair when he's at 100% Tension, but that was always a North American addition, if I remember.
>>
>>378863296
>>378861525
http://kotaku.com/5901590/the-sad-story-of-a-japanese-gaming-legend-who-pretends-war-crimes-never-happened

tl;dr Sugiyama thinks american pigus fabricated stories of japanese atrocity and popular rumor is that he won't allow i his live compositions to make it stateside
>>
>>378863648
It worked out in the end, though. The western version was modded to include the tracks anyway, and some were repaired because they had a mastering issue that caused some of the tracks to either be too loud or sound too tinny.

The battle victory theme is one example of a track being so loud, it blows your eardrums out.
>>
The lack of orchestrated music in the western version blows but at least it's not the original JP PS2 midis. Those were actually awful.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.