[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did everyone say it's shit again? It's much better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 32

File: Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png (1MB, 798x730px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png
1MB, 798x730px
Why did everyone say it's shit again? It's much better than Awakening and Fates Birthright.
>>
File: desaix.jpg (733KB, 1000x641px) Image search: [Google]
desaix.jpg
733KB, 1000x641px
Did you get your early dracoshield?
>>
>>378853184
>It's much better than Awakening and Fates Birthright.
And Fates Conquest and Fates Revelation. It's the best of the 3DS titles.
>>
>>378853478
Revelation I can agree with but the Gaiden maps are still bad and Conquest's maps are really good.
>>
Not all people have shit taste like you, then again the 3ds games lowered everyones expectations that anything different sounds good.
Rushing the battlefield with no care for positioning or just wait for enemy troops to conga line themselves stupid for 90% of the game is pretty noice.
>>
its all the same fucking shit fuck off
and this one has almost zero replayability
>>
>Awakening gets hated on for having empty maps, optional 2-minute romance and an MC with too many ties to the plot
>Echoes gets praised for having EVEN EMPTIER MAPS, A FORCED CRINGY ROMANCE SPANNING THE WHOLE GAME AND A LITERAL CHOSEN ONE PROTAGONIST
>>
File: IMG_5017.jpg (10KB, 120x117px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5017.jpg
10KB, 120x117px
>mfw I just sold this shitty game to get smt 4

Feels good man
>>
>>378853934
>praised for having EVEN EMPTIER MAPS
literally a lie
>>
>>378854302
WORLD OF DEX
>>
>>378853631
conquest was a chore
>>
>>378853184
>Why did everyone say it's shit again?
I've heard mostly good things about Echoes. Who has been saying its shit?
I'm still on the fence, especially with all the DLC and shit in the game.
>>
File: 1446097642663.png (26KB, 510x556px) Image search: [Google]
1446097642663.png
26KB, 510x556px
>>378853184
awakening babby here, it's better than both awakening and fates (barring maybe conquest)
>>378854302
>mfw not a poorfag and have both
>>
>>378853184
What are the new Fire Emblem games like? Any good? I heard they've gone under some pretty major changes compared to the games of old.
Which should I start with?
>>
>>378854459
WORLD OF LCK WHEN?
>>
>>378853393
Wait, how? I literally finished that mission last night at around 4 AM, so I wasn't thinking straight. Did I just fuck myself?
>>
>>378853184
I felt it was about on par with those two
Maybe even a bit worse because those ones had more content
>>
>>378855268
Not killing slayde is the only difficult part. You've got to bait him off into the middle of nowhere while your other units focus on desaix. Having a strong mage will make killing desaix easy

The dracoshield not essential but it'll certainly help.
>>
File: IMG_4050.jpg (71KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4050.jpg
71KB, 640x640px
>>378855023
Awakening. Faggots on /v/ hate it because it's popular but it's the best FE game on 3ds. Don't listen to them
>>
>>378855268
Draco shield is incredibly op and the game is pretty easy even on hard so you'll be fine. You can get another one later anyway
>>
>>378855268
>bait slayde to the side
>make sure noone is close enough to get him to run towards the middle
>damage him enough that he wants to heal, then lock of the shortest way
>constantly open and close the entrance to the healing panels
>make sure you don't accidentally lock the way off completely, he needs some sort of route to the healing panels or he will attack
>surround desaix so he can't go to the healing panels
>slowly chip him down
>>
>>378855457
I agree
>>
>>378855023
They are literally the exact same, but people act like it's the split between SMT and Persona because they're contrarian fags. If you haven't played FE period, the GBA one that's just called Fire Emblem's made to introduce westerners to the series. If you don't feel like playing that one, Path of Radiance for Gamecube, Awakening for 3DS, and Fates for 3DS are other good entry games.
>>
>>378855023
Do you remember rescues in the GBA and later titles? Where one character could "pick up" another character and protect them? Well, there is a new mechanic which behaves similar to that. Pair Up allows two units to work together as the same unit. There is no CON stat and they aren't limited to mounted units, so anyone can Pair Up with anyone. The Paired Up unit is protected from all damage, while the "carrying" unit gets a stat buff in exchange. The Paired Up unit will also occasionally jump in and attack alongside the main unit, and occasionally nullify an incoming attack, based on the support level of the two units. Also, the carrying unit gets a hit% buff and evade% buff based on the support level, as well.

The game also keeps the support ranks, except that a lot of units can support a lot of other units. Get two units up to "S Rank", and they'll get married. A kid will then appear from the future, who you can pick up and have join your army.

Awakening was the first to do the above. Pair Up is just about as broken as you might imagine. The plot of Awakening made the kids-from-future actually make sense in context. You could play around a lot with the kids, since a child's stats were dependent on both parents (and the child characters were based on mother, so you got predictable results). You could also "infinitely grind" where, once you hit the level cap, you could swap to a different class and begin at level 1 again. You can do this as much as you'd like - and yes, that was as broken as it sounds as well. On the other hand, maps were really shitty (mostly big open areas) and they game throws in basically zombie enemies as "random" encounters you can fight for additional XP. However, those encounters show up one per day (using the 3DS's clock) and so are fairly disappointing if you actually wanted to see a lot of supports.

Also, DLC and Amiibo bullshit.
>>
>>378855023
Despite what /v/ will tell you Awakening and Birthright on the 3ds are both good places to start if you've never played fire emblem or are new to srpgs.

Conquest is more like the classic fire emblems in terms of gameplay and Echoes is almost a 1:1 of Gaiden which came out in 1992 with almost all of it's flaws intact.
>>
>>378853738
THIS
its outdated and too easy
>>
>>378855785
Only Fire Emblem game I've played was the Sacred Stones on the Ambassador program. I remember enjoying that for a bit but stopping playing years ago for reasons I can't recall.
>>
Anons,

want to start up this series.

I vaguely remember that there was one game in the series, which had 'two falvours' and you needed to get 'complete' edition to experience it completely. Yes? No? Am I retartarded?
>>
fuck nuibaba
>>
>>378855956
The Complete Experience of Fates is putting it in the trash.
Start from 4 since its ez and has all the fundamentals and then climb your way up.
>>
>>378855956
You're thinking of fire emblem fates on 3ds

It's terrible, don't play it
>>
>>378855937
Go back and finish it then. If you like Sacred Stones you'll probably like most of the 3ds entries
>>
Why couldn't this game have marriage again?

AlmxCelica is fucking boring railroad.
>>
>>378856258
Because waifufaggotry is unmitigated cancer.
>>
>>378855023
>>378855809
Fire Emblem Fates was less bullshit about the Pair Up. You still get the stat bonus from Pair Up, and blocking became a once-every-three-attacks thing rather than something that happened nearly all the time. But no additional attacks, which mean the Paired Up unit wouldn't get any XP. Characters standing next to one another will join in as a second attacker like the old Pair Up system, but that required the attacking unit not being Paired Up to work. Also, if they attack enemies which are Paired Up, then the second attack is always blocked.

The child units are back, and unlike Awakening, there isn't a story reason for that. Well, not a good story reason. (But we'll get to the story in a minute.)

Fates: Birthright and Fates: Revelations apparently allow for repeating battles and infinite grinding, if you wanted to do that. Fate: Conquest does not, and is a lot tougher in general. In general, Conquest was more designed for older fans in mind (although the stages tend to mostly involve gimmicks) while Birthright was more for people who liked Awakening.

Oh, and weapons now have infinite use. Healing items and staves have limited uses. but Hand Axes and such do not. Weapons now have a lot more variety (that Hand Axe requires much more speed to double than a normal weapon, and is more prone to being doubled) and at least in Fates, you are always pressed for money so you can't just casually buy every weapon you'd like.

The story is ass and completely moronic. Conquest's story is absolutely idiotic, to the point where it really makes me dislike the game. Birthright's story is apparently quite stupid as well, although I've heard the characters are at least sensible. And Revelations is just the worst of the bunch.

Oh, and just for good measure: more DLC, more Amiibo. Fire Emblem seems to be their best-selling Amiibo franchise, so expect that to stay.
>>
>>378856258
Doesn't help that both characters are charisma vaccums.
I already saw it coming from the start
>WE HAVE THE SAME SCARS
>WELL BE TOGETHER FOREEEEEEVER
>>
>>378855956
Fates was split into 3 routes, each route about as big as normal fire emblem game.

If you've never played fire emblem then Birthright is a decent place to start since it's fairly easy. If you like that and you want a more challenging version try conquest. Don't play Revelations unless you really liked both entries because it's pretty bad compared to the other two routes.
>>
>>378855023
Play Awakening. It's clearly the best starting point.
>>
>>378856258
>>378856439
t. Fayecucks
>>
>>378855956
That's Fire Emblem Fates, though it's not so much that you need to get the complete edition to get the full experience. There's three different versions of the game that are essentially a different campaign with different maps, units, story, music, etc.

Conquest is made to be more difficult and like classic games, Birthright is made to be a bit easier like Sacred Stones/Awakening, and Revelations borders on romhack quality combining both parties really poorly.
>>
>>378855956
Go play Fire Emblem 7 on the gba first. That game should be everyone's first FE. But if that's too dated for you then play FE Awakening.
>>
>>378853934
This
>>
>>378855956
You're thinking of Fates (FE14) it's shit don't bother.

Generally I recommend people start with FE3 (remake of the first game + new content, easily emulated and has a full translation), FE11 (another remake of the first game but ugly as sin but the gameplay is intact), FE7 (has a unskippable lengthy tutorial prologue that will treat you like a baby), FE8 (incredibly easy for beginners and it's on the 3DS eshop)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-7hoOw2OBA

post em
>>
>>378854302
>not pirating both
>>
>>378853184
What. It's at best equal.

Some maps (not all, but some) are quite horrid. Awakening had no painful maps, just a few empty ones. Conquest had best variety but some annoying shits.
Echoes has no replayability. Awakening and IF have insanely high levels of it. Better music and probably better cast. Also supports in far superior in those ones.
Echoes probably has a better story but it's really nothing earthshattering.
>>
>>378856258
>only knew each for a few weeks at most
>yet are completely in love with each other
Shit makes no sense.
>>
I personally still don't get what's particularly worse about Fates story compared to the story of other games in the series. It's literally the same shit as always. Evil forces manipulate cartoonishly evil empire into war and you're trying to stop it.

Literally every single game.
>>
>>378855023
>>378855809
>>378856430
I haven't played Echoes, but here's my impressions.

Yes Support Ranks.
No kids.
Not sure about Pair Up.
Not sure about weapon durability.
It doesn't look like the infinite class swapping from Awakening is there. (It wasn't there in Fates either, although I didn't mention that.)

They included a "dungeon" feature where you can run around, get items, and fight random enemies. So it looks like you can get endless fights that way.

Yes DLC out the ass.
Yes Amiibo use out the ass.

From what I've seen, the base game in Echoes is apparently fairly good and just basically the original Famicom game, but with Support ranks and the option to grind to see them all. It doesn't look like everyone has access to half a dozen different classes like in earlier games, but I'm not sure about that.
>>
>>378856689
No, not even a few weeks. Recall that for the first few days, Alm had to convince her to open up and then almost immediately she left.
>>
>It's an "Asshole Mage general has a spell that damages everyone and he's surrounded by fuckers that will murder anyone that can get remotely close to him before he does this (which he "telegraphs' on literally the FIRST TURN before doing it on the SECOND TURN)" episode
>>
>>378856491
Not a fan aswell, unless that route would go full yandere.
>>
is comrades OBJECTIVELY the best recruitment song?
>>
>>378856806
>yanderefag
That explains everything
>>
>>378856578
Depends, if they're new to SRPGs as a whole ore just Fire Emblem. FE7 is only really good for people who have literally never played an SRPG in their life and need to have their handheld for an hour. There are plenty of entry points for SRPG fans though since very few of the stories relate to eachother directly.
>>
Invoke is fucking god tier
>>
File: opinions.jpg (42KB, 512x375px) Image search: [Google]
opinions.jpg
42KB, 512x375px
>>378853184
aesthetic and writing choices killed a lot of the charm/heart for folks who enjoy the original enjoyed.

glad you like it.
>>
>>378856861
Stalwarts Unite is.
>>
>>378856924
Until it spawns a bunch of shitty units that only do 1 damage to enemies while they quickly get picked off.
>>
>>378855023
My recommended order for newfags is:
>Sacred Stones
>Shadow Dragon (DS)
>Mystery of the Emblem (DS)
>Shadows of Valentia
>Awakening
>Fates
>Fire Emblem (GBA)
>Binding Blade
>Path of Radiance
>Radiant Dawn
>Genealogy of the Holy War
>Thracia 776
Sacred Stones is a very casual-friendly game despite permadeath. The map design is also very good, but the game's difficulty is held back by its abysmally weak enemies. Play it on Normal with Eirika for your first playthrough. If you didn't feel challenged, play on Hard for Ephraim's route. Shadow Dragon through Awakening is to give you a crash-course on the Archanean and Valentian continent's lore and world building. Expect a lot of future games to callback and draw inspiration from these titles since 3 of the 4 are remakes of the oldest games in the series. This way also introduces you the latest installments in the series ASAP since those titles are likely the ones that caught your attention to the series. After that, I've tried to organize the rest of the series by difficulty and attaching sequels to their predecessor. If you're still playing on Normal difficulty by the time you reach Path of Radiance, I recommend testing your ability by moving on to Hard. Your Hard save will also transfer over to a Normal Radiant Dawn playthrough ("Normal" is Hard in Japan; blame NoA). Thracia 776 is the casual filter. If you made it all the way here on the list, you should be able to complete it. It's not as hard as people make it out to be, especially if you have a proper amount of Fire Emblem knowledge under your belt. Once you've finished up, feel free to play your favorite games on higher difficulties. Fire Emblem is a great series regarding replay value.
>>
>>378856719
Every Fire Emblem game has a crappy story, it's just that Fates has shitty characters and a garbage localization to make it even worse.
>>
>>378856629
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W26IRMHOefg
>>
>>378857010
second best.
>>
>>378857201
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDd_VMY7z48
>>
File: 1496027858471.jpg (219KB, 1920x1880px) Image search: [Google]
1496027858471.jpg
219KB, 1920x1880px
>fire emblem
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1owSisiG9Zv
>>
>>378857154
I'll save this. Seems like you did your homework.
>>
File: 1492387611988.png (72KB, 217x314px) Image search: [Google]
1492387611988.png
72KB, 217x314px
>>378857412
>>
>>378856719
>It's literally the same shit as always.
You are a kid who has been locked in his room for the entire 15 years of his life. (or her) When they let you out, dad tells you to murder some prisoners of war or else he'll chop your head off. Big Bro Leo helps you out, but "killing" them but really just knocking them out, in the middle of an arena with dad watching. As thanks for not getting beheaded, dad tells you to go check on an outpost.

After a short fight there, you fall off a cliff. Your loyal maid (one of them) dives off the cliff after you, and teleports the both of you to the Dragon Dimension. She reveals that she is actually a dragon in disguise, but she needs to stay behind and remain in the Dragon Dimension to keep it steady while you return back to the real world. I mean, she does leave and get killed later, and the Dragon Dimension is still there, but it's still not as bad as the plot in Revelations.

When you return, you get kidnapped by the enemy. Rather than executing you, it turns out that you are their brother/sister. Except not really, so incest is okay. After hanging out with mom a bit, it turns out that along with being a master strategist who has never left his room, you are also a dragon. And your mom's now dead.

From there, both sides fight and you need to make a choice of which side to join. And by which side, I mean pick the game cartridge you purchases, otherwise the DLC menu pops up asking for $20 for the other routes.

After that, your veteran-of-one-battle gets put in charge of the entire army. Also, he says that nobody is allowed to kill anyone, and so every fight ends with zero casualties (except on your side).
>>
>>378857412
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>378857410
>100 HP
>75 attack
>50 str
>50 def
>46 res
tfw he was a scarier boss than the final boss
>>
>>378857185
The characters are the exact same, if not better on average than most others in the series. The only ones I could see being solidly better would be PoR or Awakening, but every other game is debatable on being equal or worse there.

And the localization issue is overblown as fuck, with most of the outrage over face-rubbing being removed or some whopping less than 1% of support conversations that are exclusive to the shit-campaign being poor.
>>
>>378857364
Comrades is just a remix of Together we ride. With Us/Stalwarts Unite is actually new and original.
>>
>>378856629
Fire Emblems on the 3DS all have absolutely amazing soundtracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVNub5ztLvs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJO957WvoE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWO4ff1HXYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx_rGx2MKvY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP7d3whsH7I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPo8NgrBBG8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82RtMUQtki4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xx0o7Bcol4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxI9G3v-n4o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrfutC6DDq8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FnGLI6HMuo
>>
File: 1496109739273.jpg (19KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
1496109739273.jpg
19KB, 469x469px
>>378857412
nice
>>
File: IMG_8086.png (206KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8086.png
206KB, 450x338px
>>378857534
>mfw the dlc box popped up

HOW COULD ANYONE DEFEND THIS SHIT? I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD THIS SUPPOSED GOD TIER GAMEPLAY IS BECAUSE THERE'S NO INCENTIVE TO PLAY IT.
>>
File: 1496364314771.jpg (56KB, 627x844px) Image search: [Google]
1496364314771.jpg
56KB, 627x844px
>>378857856
you forgot one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlMKU33oCZw
>>
>>378857959
>not wanting to support the devs who put all of their effort and love on each route, each which is a complete game on their own

You are the cancer killing videogames.
>>
>>378855750
>playing normal mode

lmao
>>
>>378856110
>>378856152
>>378856474
>>378856545
>>378856578
>>378856628

Thanks anons, yes, was thinking about Fates.
>>
>>378857803

>Localization is overblown as fuck

WE GOT TROUBLE
WE GOT TROUBLE
WE GOT TROUBLE
WE GOT TROUBLE
WE GOT TROUBLE
WE GOT TROUBLE
>>
>>378858228
I'm not sure that anyone put any effort into Revelations.

And the problem is just how it is presented. I mean, if you reached that point and were only given the one option (whichever one you had for the game cart) then it would've been fine. It would not have been as bad as the game stopping and saying "Make your choice, just for $19.99 plus tax!" right in the middle of what is supposed to be a huge turning point for the characters.

But then again, the characters are ass so maybe it doesn't matter that much.
>>
>>378857534
Yeah, I still don't get where this is any worse than the others. You're just trying to make it sound outlandish, as if that equals instantly bad. Hell, you even just made up Corrin's age just to make it sound crazy that he's doing anything as a 15 year old, despite the fact that both Roy and Leif actually are 15 years old in their games, and the majority of FE lords are 16-18.

They don't make you out to be a master strategist either. You're getting mixed up with Awakening. And from the get-go, you're told about the dragon blood in your veins, so actually being able to transform into a dragon doesn't seem that ridiculous in this series that has manaketes in so many games.

And the no-killing thing is only ever applied to like, half of Conquest. And it's something so many JRPGs and japanese games in general do by this point, I honestly don't get the difference beyond making all the other characters (enemies and allies) who do kill seem more serious and less naive than Corrin. Meanwhile Birthright is the classic invasion and murder of the evil empire outright.

He's not put in charge of the whole army either. In Conquest you're essentially sent on suicide missions while the main army of the kingdom and even detachments of your family do other things until they slowly come to your aid, and even up until the end you're just serving as an expendable branch of the main army. Similarly, in Birthright Ryoma is still clearly the leader.
>>
>>378858228

I didn't fucking pay for Hector Hard Mode either.
>>
>>378859028
Yes you did, it was included in the price of the game.
>>
>>378859282

Because shit like alternative routes that use more or less the same maps should be included.
>>
>>378858613
That's so nitpicky. If you bought the game, you already knew the difference between the two campaigns. If you wanted to choose the other one, you not only could have just bought that version initially, you could have bought it digitally well before having any in-game prompt reminding you "you don't have this game, would you like to buy it without closing the game and going into eshop?"

Or you could just choose to go with the game you own and you still don't get any prompt.
>>
>>378859509
I get the feeling you didn't play Birthright and Conquest.
>>
>>378854326
A lot of people like how "realistic" the echoes maps are.
>>
File: C2-w1tGUEAEajME.jpg (63KB, 512x464px) Image search: [Google]
C2-w1tGUEAEajME.jpg
63KB, 512x464px
>>378854326
>literally a lie
>>
>T
>>
>>378855268
It's not worth it. Just enjoy the game and if you really want to, get it on another playthrough.
>>
>that talk about the tree growing out of remains
>remember that map in awakening
Oooh. OOoooooh.
>>
>>378860149
I think he means the praised part anon
>>
>They didn't keep the transition music from Fates when you go into battle and stay the eye in the sky
>>
>>378853184
It's still shit.
>>
Really liked how the story went through except later half of Celica's fourth act. Wanted to slap her not once for that unrequired secrecy.
And I still can't understand why the fuck Emperor Rudolf had to go through all the shenanigans. I can understand being secret around Duma's cult, but couldn't he just talk with Alm later on?
Also credits theme is really great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzKptJ9VIiE
>>
Awakening plot was better
>>
>>378860856
Opinions. Pacing is more important than twists and in that aspect EoV blows it away.
>>
>>378860149
Holy shit I'm trying to do Celica's path before Alm and it's the third time a fucker decides to battle Alm's team here.
>>
>>378860631
At that point Rudolf had established himself as a despot and a tyrant who didn't lift a finger to stop the abuses his subordinates heaped on Zofia or even their own Rigellians. He allowed for the worst kinds of people like Desaix to flourish off of everyone's misery. Thousands have died on either side because of the war he started. He knew he had done unforgivable things as king, and his death would be justice for the suffering he had caused. Talking things over with Alm isn't going to help that.
>>
>>378860631
Nothing makes me hate a story faster than unecessary secrecy.
Especially in a video game.
Especially when a main player character is the one keeping the secret.
>>
File: 1492280388335.jpg (61KB, 787x709px) Image search: [Google]
1492280388335.jpg
61KB, 787x709px
>>378854302
>buying 3DS games
>in 2017
>>
>>378860976
How is EoV's pacing better? The juggling between parties and how disconnected they are along with how sparse their story along the way is was kinda nothing to me. Like nothing happens.
>>
>>378861081
So you're saying that, basically, bloodless succession were it to happen would have put the shadow of those deeds over Alm?
But isn't just being his son do that even if on a smaller scale?
>>
>>378853934
The story at least isn't cringy generic AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS garbage featuring angry Marth and 1/3 of the story being unrelated filler.
>>
File: BH+Final+Front.png (67KB, 528x608px) Image search: [Google]
BH+Final+Front.png
67KB, 528x608px
>>378860149
Not him, but while the maps were simple as hell I didn't quite hate them.

For a map to truly be shit is has to have atrocious flaws or gimmicks. It has to outright tell you that there is something very very wrong with the level that either bogs down or screams artificial difficulty. Pic related is a fine example of bad map design.
>>
>>378858276
Doesn't matter if hard or normal, works either way
>>
>>378860149
I meant that even people who liked echoes complain about the maps
>>
File: 1490631933626.jpg (78KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1490631933626.jpg
78KB, 338x305px
>>378860856
>lmao dude generic amnesiac protagonist wakes up
>lol this evil dragon
>dude time travel kids
>uhh 2 year timeskip???
>uuhh... filler arc that has nothing to do with the main story???
>oh yeah, back to the evil dragon
>lol the future is saved, now the kids will stay in the past with their parents, I guess??

No, Awakening's plot is fucking retarded, maybe not as much as Fates, but it's a fucking joke.
>>
Cleric or Troubadour, which would you let handle your staff?
>>
>>378860354
That was terrible.
>>
>>378861382
He's his son, but he also slew the tyrant.

Alm was basically put into the perfect position to rule Valentia. Popular with commoners for his origins, rightful heir to the throne of Rigel, a national hero in both continents, etc.
>>
>>378861351

>Supporting the development of vidya
>Ever

Literal cancer.
>>
>>378861832
i forgot that games story while i was playing it.
>>
>>378861952
Fuck you. Dynamic music is cool as fuck.
>>
>>378861465
>send in bomber
>win

???
>>
>>378862448
That's kinda the point. You're supposed to use a bomber+APC escort from one of the sides while the middle army is just a glorified punching bag. The fact that bomber+APC is the ONLY way to beat this map makes this a universally despised level.
>>
>>378861832
I am not defending their plot; but, I prefer the games for their gameplay. They could invent any shit ass story as long as I control a cool army and beat overlords with cool military elements.
>>
File: vq2.jpg (57KB, 492x509px) Image search: [Google]
vq2.jpg
57KB, 492x509px
>>378862075
I see. I guess it works if you see it from that position.
Thanks.
>>
>>378863698
Echoes gameplay is better than pair up to win: the game
>>
>>378861465
Yeah. I remember that game being too frustrating to playthrough again, but now that I think about it, it was mostly this level I didn't like.
>>
>>378863852
>Echoes gameplay is better than pair up to win: the game

You might be retarded, lad.
>>
>>378863852
(lol
>>
File: IMG_4784.png (893KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4784.png
893KB, 600x839px
>>378853184
They should just make another FE game in the style of this with another protagonist who isn't a noble.
>>
>>378864881
>Telliusbabies
I hope ISIS never listens to these people
>>
>>378861952
>That was terrible.
>Dynamic Music is bad
End your life now you disgusting nigger
>>
>>378864134
>>378864295
Not an argument.
>>
>>378853393
No because no matter how many times I tried, Slayde rushed my units like a moron as soon as they were in range and got crit'd. There was no way to get in there without that idiot getting himself killed.
>>
>>378861952
I hope this is bait. Dynamic music is GOAT, imagine Genealogy with it.
>>
>>378865347
Yes, it is. Deal with it, kid.
>>
>>378865306
>>378865570
Dynamic music isn't objectively better, it's just a different style. Especially with remakes, I don't think they should replace the battle themes. They're iconic for those games. Imagine an FE7 remake without that glorious Attack! Battle Theme.
>>
>it doesn't matter if you're a commoner or royalty!
>btw alm is royalty

nice game echoesfags
>>
>>378865854
So, what's the problem?
Does he shit out golden bricks because of that?
>>
>>378865854
But in the end, Alm makes a kingdom where you can move up in the world without being nobility so the theme still rings true.
>>
>>378863852
I was also including Echoes...
>>
>>378865854
>lives his whole life as a commoner
>fights his way through Zofia and Rigel while BTFO Slayed, Berkut, and Fernand multiple times along the way
>picks up the sword that weak ass Tobin couldn't because under that armor he's a swole motherfucker
>becomes the emperor of Rigel through regicide AND patricide

nigga earned that shit. Fuck off fatesfag
>>
Name one FE game where the dragon rider nation wasn't the antagonist nation, or allied with them.
>>
>>378867090
Echoes

Rigel has no dragon riders
>>
>>378867090
Well in FE7 the Black Fang isn't a nation and even though Bern had one of its Wyvern Lord commander working with them, the Black Fang still isn't a nation.
>>
Are prequel dlcs worth getting?
Seems that they had a bit of freedom designing maps and encounters using stock army units.
>>
>>378853393
I tried it on Hard.
I lost Tobin and had to give up.
>>
>>378867328
Then it doesn't count because there's no dragon rider nation?

>>378867460
Bern as a whole is an antagonistic nation
>>
>>378866408
lmao

That's why his family retains nobility into the future for thousands of years, and culminates in his descendant Walhart getting murdered by a foreign prince as a tyrant.
>>
>>378867642
No it was more on so neutral but territorial. It didn't become antagonistic until FE6.
>>
>>378865819
It is absolutely better. You get to hear battle themes for all of 10 seconds, with dynamic music you don't break the flow of the map music every time so you can hear the same start of the battle theme for every battle animation in the game. Instead, you get a logical continuation.
>>
I actually like the idea of the marriage and kids systems but it's just so stupid to me that they're shoehorned in alongside their parents thanks to fucking weird time paradox bullshit.

I'd like to see something like the game being split into two halves where the first half follows the parent characters, then has a time skip, and the units you get out of that are all of the kids plus some of the aged parents. I think that would offer some cool story options and place a neat emphasis on legacy if handled well. Alternatively, it would be cool to see them pull a really ballsy move and make it into two full games where the sequel where your army is the child units and it loads your save file from the first game to determine who you get. It would kinda be like FE7 and FE6, where in 7, you played through Eliwood, Hector, and Lynn's story and FE6 had you follow Roy and the rest, except most of your army would be dynamically determined based off of the previous game's save. Obviously, you'd need default and probably a list of backup pairings for the offspring so people who didn't play the first or didn't bother with too many marriages would still get something out of it but I think it would be a really cool idea.
>>
>>378866045
He pretty much does. Because of his royal blood he gets the Brand, which gives him superhuman abilities like Scendscale along with the ability to use a magical royal sword that becomes impossible to lift by others, and he's a chosen one of prophecy who's more or less protected by fate.
>>
>>378867865
>being split into two halves
Well, there already was one. Have you played it?
>>
>>378867860
If you support getting rid of this theme, you are not a Fire Emblem fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clr3H78LM1A
>>
>>378868348
As if they're remaking Radiant Dawn.

The dynamic music in Fates blows hearing the first 10 seconds of a song 12+ times every enemy phase, along with cutting off and restarting map music awkwardly each time.
>>
>Be a commoner in any Fire Emblem
>No Lord or Master Knight class
>No OP personal weapon
>No OP innate skill
>No Holy Blood that literally makes you a better person
>Chapter doesn't end when you sit on the throne
How do commoners not kill themselves?
>>
>>378868603
They get to marry war gods and obtain currency
>>
>>378869239
Nobles are war gods, and already have currency. They also have peons that's purpose is to die in their service.
>>
Awakening and Fates are far better than Echoes.
>>
>>378855268
Fuck me too, he was all alone too but I didn't think to attack him.
>>
>>378869528
This. Especially the art.
>>
>>378868603
By not giving a fuck like Python.
>>
>>378865570
>removing genealogy's battle music

No
>>
File: 1495384804412.jpg (33KB, 215x351px) Image search: [Google]
1495384804412.jpg
33KB, 215x351px
>tfw no doujins of Alm abusing Mila's Turnwheel to fuck all the females on his side
>>
>>378865570
Fucking kill yourself underage
>>
>nuFEfags hate actual battle themes because they're too intense for their poor little ears
Pathetic.
>>
>>378870118
>new Seisen no Kofu English patch got nuFEfags to play it and now want to push their retarded mechanics onto it like 1 dimensional support conversations and changing the music/maps
>>
File: 62920908_p0.png (579KB, 800x966px) Image search: [Google]
62920908_p0.png
579KB, 800x966px
>>
>>378870118
>Projecting
>>
>>378869785
Python a shit
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>378869967
>he thinks dynamic music is inferior to the map-battle transition
>>
>>378870295
Saber is more than TWICE her age.
>>
>>378870287
They won't stop until they've even ruined the old games.
>>
>>378870589
Just neuter everything into characters are 1 dimensional waifus/husbandos and every map has a retarded gimmick
>>
>>378870673
FE4 will have chopped up maps because it's too overwhelming for Awakeningfriends.
>>
File: 62864652_p0.png (2MB, 1072x1454px) Image search: [Google]
62864652_p0.png
2MB, 1072x1454px
>>378870447

Yes, and?
>>
>>378870761
Good, I don't want have to face those slow af slogfests.
>>
Faye best gril
>>
>>378870884
Don't worry, they'll have a "Skip Gameplay" option for you as well.
>>
>>378871105
I hope you're not implying FE4 had good maps in the first place.
>>
>>378870761
I know your trying to spite newfags but FE4 doesn't have great map design. There's a reason it's called Horse emblem and it's considered one is the easiest games in the series.
>>
>>378853934
All the 3DS games are fucking garbage. I'd rather the series had died after Radiant Dawn desu.
>>
>>378871558
Even Conquest?
>>
>>378870376
Doesn't change that he flat out refuses lordship and fucks off doing what he likes.
>>
Is it me or is Alm's route a lot more difficult than Celica's? I feel like my party is super gimped in Alm's route whereas I'm kicking ass with the Celica group.
>>
>>378871601
Yes.
>>
>>378871224
>>378871418
>/v/ is going to shit on the FE4 remake too
Man fuck this place, you guys just hate video games.
>>
>>378865490
Use the lightning sword to tank him, since it has a fixed damage it's perfect for that purpose
>>
>>378871705

The map design should be shitted on at least. It's literally worse than Echoes.
>>
>>378871705
>It's bad to want actual good maps in a FE game
Lmao FE4 is shit. Just play FE5 if you want a slice of the Judgral canon.
>>
>>378869967

What an uneducated piece of shit you are.
>>
>>378871558
why? If you don't like it then just play the old one over and over like an insane person
>>
>>378871648
I felt that way too, until I got to the post-game and the only useful units from Celica's team are Celica and Saber.
>>
>>378871774
>>378871856
This is what's wrong with the fanbase. You fags just want the Mystery of the Emblem structure for all eternity. You ever think this was the reason why FE got stale and almost died in the 2000's?

Kaga knew to keep the games fresh and unique every now and then. Look at Tear Ring Saga and Berwick Saga, they're both very unique to other FE games. But fuck trying new things, right?
>>
>>378867529

The maps are reused from the base game.
>>
>>378872110
Where the fuck did I imply that I wanted every FE game to follow FE3? All I'm just asking for is a FE game to have actual well designed maps for at least the majority of the game.
>>
>>378871705
Nah, it's a great game but that other poster doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
I noticed that a lot of posts now, both in mainline and FEH threads, are about new people trying to get into the series.
Has FE finally made it?
>>
>>378866787

>lives his whole life as a commoner
so are his friends

>fights his way through Zofia and Rigel while BTFO Slayed, Berkut, and Fernand multiple times along the way
so are his friends

>picks up the sword that weak ass Tobin couldn't because under that armor he's a swole motherfucker
No, it's because he's a royal
>>
>>378853184
Awakening was the lowest of the low so youre damning it to faint praise.

But honestly the maps are just cancer and one dimensional.
>>
>complaining about 1 dimensional characters in fucking Fire Emblem
lmao
The older games have just as shit characterization as the new ones.
>>
I thought FE4, SS and Fates were the best in the series when it comes to soundtracks. But holy shit, Echoes just blow them all out of the water, IS wasn't fucking around. They may not have changed much of the experience from the original, but they sure as fuck made it as flashy as possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiIaKksuwV0
>>
File: Young_Faye_Portrait.png (42KB, 114x184px) Image search: [Google]
Young_Faye_Portrait.png
42KB, 114x184px
>nobody posting best girl
>>
>>378872726
>posting a literal cuck
>>
>>378871954
It's sad that a cheap doujin hentai game managed to have more strategic depth, and more fleshed our romance options than any of the 3DS Waifu Emblem games IntSys crapped out.
>>
>>378853184
How is it better? It's just Gaiden with a new coat of paint.
>>
>/v/ hates Fire Emblem Horselords now
>/v/ wants Infantry Emblem
Absolutely disgusting
>>
File: faye_bad_end.jpg (81KB, 625x522px) Image search: [Google]
faye_bad_end.jpg
81KB, 625x522px
>>378872808
Alm apologized to Celica and realized that his canon love interest was Faye
>>
>>378864881
What's with this obsession with non-noble characters? You still get plenty of varied backgrounds and stories even when the characters ARE nobles. Just play Thracia and Genealogy Gen 2 if you want a Lord who didn't have a noble upbringing.
>>
File: WVW69kW-7dM7an3OXa.jpg (144KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kW-7dM7an3OXa.jpg
144KB, 400x240px
>>378872726

Fine, here.
>>
>>378872810
>savescum crap
>strategic depth
why are rance fags so deluded
>>
>>378873097
the memes
>>
>>378873038
Wish she wasn't such a bitch to her brother. Their A support was funny though.
>I made a friend, and it's ALM!
>>
Because there's no waifushit
>>
>>378873097
>Fire Emblem
>not baby's first strategy game

>b-but you savescum in Rance!!
Not my fault you're a filthy casual. Wouldn't expect any less from a FEbaby though.
>>
So just as a question on /v/ rhetoric, when you attach "baby" to the end of something when throwing labels at a group or other anon that's supposed to mean something like "came into a franchise late with a recent entry" right? Like that ones about how long you've been a fan of something?
>>
>>378873861
Shut up, threadbaby.
>>
>>378861832

Not saying Awakenings plot is anything approaching remotely memorable in the long run but did you really need that much greentext to try to prove it?
>>
Is there any difference in number of enemies and their placement on hard?
>>
>>378874139
Number I don't know but yes, some maps do change enemy positions on hard. Rudolf for example is moved to the back center of the map, making it a lot harder to cheese him. He's a joke on Normal Mode.
>>
>>378873861
If you're referring to my Rance vs. FE comment it's because FE is literally baby's first turn based strategy game. Tactics Ogre, Disgaea, Advance Wars, FF Tactics, and Rance, all shit all over it.

It's done nothing to properly reinvent itself, and it's incredibly simplistic and streamlined. They only tossed in waifu bait in the 3DS age and it paid off.

However, FE fans like to pretend the franchise holds any merit to the rest of the competition, and overhype the whole damn thing to be better than it is. The GBA games + Ike era, were the best the series ever was, and it served as a good entry for newcomers for the genre, but let's not sit here and pretend you're not actually in this for the waifus, coz you are. And the sad part is that the newly added waifu mechanics aren't even that great. Rance, again, did that a lot better, and with a much smaller budget.

That's why you get called a baby. Because you've only touched the tip of the iceberg, yet act like some connisseur.
>>
>>378874294
So it wasn't my imagination.
Stumbled upon nip playthrough and he was on the right side of gates.
>>
>>378874468
>The GBA games + Ike era, were the best the series ever was
lol.
>>
>tfw no Echoes hentai
>tfw the game will never have a harem doujin like Fates and P5 did
>tfw the only Echoes porn to ever surface will likely be inflation fetish shit, poorly drawn, scat, or any other similarly crap fetish
What was the fucking point of this remake?
>>
>>378874683
See, there you go.

Next time, don't throw a tantrum when you get called s baby, you baby.
>>
is us or eu version on freeshop yet ?
whats the hold up ?
>>
>>378874970
christ, just use cia.
>>
>>378874884
Wasn't that person, but the GBA games and Path of Radiance isn't even close to the best of the series.
>>
>>378872890
In all honesty FE really needs to keep the mounts in check to make them not objectively superior to infantry units. Dismounting for indoors, indoors nerfing mounted units' movement, class slayer weapons being more common for enemies to use are examples to balance it out.

>>378874468
Explain how FE is baby's first turn based strategy game.
>>
>>378875138
Except they are.

The DS games are garbage. The 3DS games are overrated trash. And the Japanese games are for elitist weebs and nostalgia faggots.
>>
>>378874884
>gets exposed for liking savescum games
>calls everyone a baby
>>
>>378875394
Holy shit those buzzwords for the Japanese games.
>>
>>378875375
They already have harsh movement penalties over anything not plains or roads, and they have overall lower caps than their foot counterparts.
>>
>>378875394
You haven't even play the series yet you think you know what your talking about. If you actually think PoR is better than the other games like Thracia or New Mystery you haven't play any of the games and is just listing off shit you see in these threads.
>>
>>378871648
Chapter 3 definitely feels a bit lopsided.

I was steamrolling everything with Celica's army, but I was getting heavy losses on even the most basic engagements as Alm's side
>>
>>378871648
The game kind of expects that, seeing as the Duma's tower enemy groups for Celica's route are a lot tougher than what gets thrown at Alm. Or at least they would be tougher if Celica didn't have 4-5 Dread Fighters against groups of mages.
>>
>>378874858
There have been zero Comikets since Echoes came out, anon. Hold your fucking horses.
>>
>>378853393
Did it yesterday on Hard, on my second playthrough. Trapped Slayde at the top of the map with Forsyth. Slayde would attack Forsyth, then go and heal for two turns, rinse and repeat. Meanwhile, literally everyone was attacking Desaix for 1 damage. But I got the fucker in the end.
>>
So Pegasus riders (before Fates) have to be virgins to ride them right? That's why Juno was so shit, her pegasus was trying to kick her off
>>
>>378877649
That also kind of explains why Cordelia functions better as a Hero then. :^)
>>
>>378878004
Awakening PKs are shit anyway
>>
>>378875375
Not the original anon (I would still say FE has more integrity as a strategy game than Disgaea or Rance) but the FE games (at least that I've played) have been fairly formulaic. You take 1-3 units who are strong enough to not die in a hit and send them forward. The AI gangs up on them. If they don't die, send the rest of your army after them to finish them off + heal your strongmen. If you get a really bad RNG roll - a crucial miss, you die to a crit, etc. - reset and do it again. I'd wager most people here reset mostly due to RNG or getting fucked in the ass by reinforcements more than anything else.

You don't have a lot of variance in attacks either. Most of the time your strongmen will slaughter everything with iron weapons, saving a killer or armor piercing weapon for bosses. The costlier weapons are just the same attack except less accurate and less likely to double. Mages / clerics are most of the time stuck to a mere heal stave or their chosen element magic. Since others exist but are fairly rare. Then you can promote and gain a second weapon / magic. Even in games with more varied options like Fates, it still doesn't take away from the strongman strategy and you can overpower the game with a lobster.
>>
>>378879142
What FE games have you played?
>>
File: _20170602_122807.jpg (185KB, 876x1005px) Image search: [Google]
_20170602_122807.jpg
185KB, 876x1005px
>>378853184
who /swimminginmoney/ here?
>>
File: fug.png (16KB, 174x231px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
16KB, 174x231px
>>378879563
>>
>>378879563
There's a medal for having 30 gold
>>
>>378879475
6, 8, 9, 10, Fates and Echoes
>>
>>378880916
Any reason 7 was skipped? I'm assuming since you played 6 you played an English patched rom so emulators.
>>
File: 1495754415286.png (1MB, 1366x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1495754415286.png
1MB, 1366x1074px
>>
>>378879563
That's unhealthy. Money is very dirty. You should clean it up and take a bath.
>>
>>378880916
Ah so you haven't played 5 then. 5 is really different from the rest of the series.
>>
test
>>
File: 6cf3d271aabf21214ee523aa367ec3e6.png (527KB, 1000x613px) Image search: [Google]
6cf3d271aabf21214ee523aa367ec3e6.png
527KB, 1000x613px
who is the best and why is it Mae?
>>
>>378872110
They want every game to be conquest because chapter 10 happened that one time
>>
File: Sonya_Echoes.png (356KB, 396x730px) Image search: [Google]
Sonya_Echoes.png
356KB, 396x730px
>>378883701
I prefer a mature lady.
>>
So how do weapons/armory work? I'm playing Alm's side and see the armory but im not sure what upgrades to weapons do. Are they worth it?
>>
>>378885195

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/miscellaneous/forging/
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.