[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I buy from GOG because they give me drm free games >b-but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_5433[652].png (121KB, 1308x653px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5433[652].png
121KB, 1308x653px
>I buy from GOG because they give me drm free games
>b-but muh denuvo is bad!

think again sweetie, you wont find a more reputable source than Kaldaien, the famous modder and saviour of PC ports
>>
>>378847564
>DRM isn't DRM
>>
>>378847564
Why would you believe some random dude in the internet without actual proof?
Same with the whole "Denuvo destroys PC hardware"; I don't believe it because no one has shown evidence.
>>
>>378847994
Denuvo isn't DRM, it just cooperates with existing DRM and prevents you from disabling any DRM that the game may have.

It's arguably just as bad as DRM, but technically it isn't DRM of itself.
>>
They think it destroys solid state drives with bulk-processing. I could see that if you were rendering edited video on it for a decade without a break, I can't see over glorified RAM frying your SSD EVER.

>>378847564
I've exclusively used steam for years and never had a single issue with game functionality, support, or getting a refund if I didn't like the experience. Are GOGfags just making a bunch of shit up about how it's so bad or what? I don't see a practical issue
>>
>>378848372
Digital rights management (DRM) schemes are various access control technologies that are used to restrict usage of proprietary hardware and copyrighted works.[1] DRM technologies try to control the use, modification, and distribution of copyrighted works (such as software and multimedia content), as well as systems within devices that enforce these policies.[2]

carefully read the last part
>>
>>378848372
Thats bullshit. Denuvo literally advertises itself as DRM. Check it out yourself.
>>
>>378848372
You just say it fucker

It might not be DRM of the game itself but is a DRM of the DRM
>>
Reminder that Denuvo isn't DRM only because devs failed ar certification.
>>
>>378848545
Yeah. Denuvo is still pretty alright, mostly because once the game is hacked and pirated, they just remove Denuvo.

Denuvo is a lock, and there is no point to a lock once the door is wide open.
>>
>>378847564
So I looked it up. Denuvo is called 'anti-tamper'. And it is the reason why Just Cause 3 has almost no mods even though they promised huge mod support. Bethesda wouldn't be dumb enough to use it for the next Fallout and TES game, right?
>>
>>378848372
>run a VM inside the game
>a very complex VM
>that obfuscates thousands of calls every minute
>which has substantial impact on performance
>can't play offline without reactivating it online every 48 hours
>not a DRM
Get cancer and die
>>
>somewhere, someone is getting mad just thinking about the fact I buy games on gog and don't care what he has to say about it
>>
File: Untitled.png (45KB, 1169x464px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
45KB, 1169x464px
>>378848512
It doesn't enforce any digital rights policies. It's anti-tamper, it merely prevents you from messing with the game's files including any actual DRM. The difference might seem meaningless from a pirate's PoV, but that doesn't mean your use of terminology isn't wrong.

>>378848545
What did he mean by this?

>>378848581
It's not DRM. I'm not defending Denuvo, I'm just pointing out that calling it DRM means you don't know what you're talking about. Of course, this is /v/ so that's par for the course.

>>378848845
>who needs arguments, insulting people who are right proves that they are wrong
Ok.
>>
File: xfiicgcj2fwy.jpg (89KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
xfiicgcj2fwy.jpg
89KB, 634x634px
>>378847564
Friendly reminder that your favorite asshole Kaldaien was banned from steam after implementing malware in his mods. Oh how ironic the advertiser of malware gets banned for having malware in his creation
>>
>>378849015
You are LITERALLY a paid Denuvo shill and you aren't even hiding it.
Get cancer and die.
How does it feel knowing I haven't bought a single Denuvo game you literal cuck?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (10KB, 303x97px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
10KB, 303x97px
>>378848372

Denuvo is DRM
>>
>>378849015
>Denuvo Anti-Tamper, or Denuvo, is an anti-tamper technology and digital rights management (DRM) scheme developed by the Austrian company Denuvo Software Solutions GmbH
Fuck off now
>>
>>378849015
>the creators of denuvo said it wasn't drm, so it can't be drm
?
>>
>>378849096
Clearly, throwing around juvenile insults proves that you are right and people who provide facts are wrong. You're the most pathetic kind of loser.

>>378849180
>>378849187
That's a third party source, not Denuvo's own words. How can you claim Denuvo "literally advertises itself as DRM" when the only proof you can find is not only not from Denuvo, but in fact directly contradicts what they say?

If someone calls a cat a dog, does that override all facts and common sense so you'll start calling all cats dogs?

>>378849208
>Denuvo literally advertises itself as DRM.
>the creators of denuvo said it wasn't drm
Please make up your mind already.
>>
>>378849015
>Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth
>>
>>378849015
fuck off shill, your latest x64 version was cracked in 5 days LMAO get cucked faggot.
>>
File: Cwlu3VoXAAUApcm.jpg (20KB, 720x533px) Image search: [Google]
Cwlu3VoXAAUApcm.jpg
20KB, 720x533px
>>378849432
i never said anything about them advertising as drm, stop moving the goalpost

not an argument
>>
File: your_tears.jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
your_tears.jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
>>378849704
See >>378848545
If you disagree what he's saying, then why are you defending his nonsense?

>>378849490
>>378849502
Picture related. Go cry about it on your Tumblr, you triggered nancies.
>>
>there is an actual Denuvo shill in this thread
>and if he isn't a shill, he's a retard arguing semantics to defend a DRM- sorry, "anti-tamper" company
Get cucked
>>
>>378849901
Please cry harder.

I'm not defending Denuvo. I'm just pointing out that calling it DRM means you have no idea what you're talking about, and you triggered primadonnas are losing your shit over being proven wrong.

But please, keep calling me a cuck. I'm sure that'll somehow make you less ignorant..
>>
Didn't someone who cracked RiME proved that Denuvo is a DRM that slows down performance?
>>
>>378849829
What real evidence?

You're falling for a company's marketing speech because they want to avoid using a term with negative connotations. Must be nice to be this naive.

The issue is pretty clear cut on wiki's talk page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Denuvo#Not_a_digital_rights_management
>>
>>378849829
i'm saying that denuvo can still be DRM even if the developers claim it's not, in fact they have bias to claim that it's not. that he mistakenly believes that they are advertising it as DRM is irrelevant to me
>>
>>378850045
DRM has a bad connotation. Denuvo claims they're 'only' anti-tamper because it sounds better from a marketing perspective.

And it clearly works on idiots like you.
>>
>>378849015
>nvidia said it has 4gb of full speed vram, therefore it's true
>>
>>378849059
>after implementing malware in his mods
wut?
>>
>>378848742
Every recent game published by Bethesda has used it (Prey and Dishonored 2). Doom 2016 used it also, but it was removed after several months.
>>
>>378850652
kaldaien implemented malware which checks your game flags your steam id as good or bad. this is against steam's policy. he got fucked.
>>
>>378851130
Can you point me to the offending line of code?
>>
oh look it's another turbo autistic thread on /v/
>>
>>378851315
You may as well just say "another thread on /v/"
>>
>>378851473
true
>>
>>378849432
>DRM technologies try to control the use, modification, and distribution of copyrighted works (such as software and multimedia content), as well as systems within devices that enforce these policies. The purpose of DRM is to restrict the ways consumers can copy content they've purchased.
>Denuvo works on top of any digital distribution platform, preventing debugging, reverse engineering and changing the application
keyword is here keyword here is protecting application/software. Denuvo protects steam, origin and other such drm softwares. so it is indeed by definition a drm
>>
I just lurked the Nier Steam forums a bit and all I got is two words: holy fucking shit. Other than a few rebels literally everyone is pro Denuvo and believe profoundly in the idea that anyone against it is just an evil pirate. Reminds me a conversation I had with my rightwing-libertardian dad and his redneck friends that although they agree that privacy was a human right and that government spying is wrong, the Internet should ebb sectioned and monitor because 'we must catch the evil pedos!"
>>
>>378851130
>>378851194
I'm curious as well
>>
>>378851803
That's three words you fucking retard
>>
File: Screenshot_4.jpg (125KB, 485x943px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.jpg
125KB, 485x943px
>>378851194
you said that because you know i can't. but he literally said it himself
>>
File: _DENUVO_1496348031386.png (42KB, 1264x541px) Image search: [Google]
_DENUVO_1496348031386.png
42KB, 1264x541px
Technically, steam IS DRM. Denuvo technically isn't, but in practical terms it may as well be.

Regardless, Denuvo lol.
>>
>>378852189
No, i genuinely wanted to see the lines of code due to technical curiosity
>>
>>378851938
for you >>378852189
>>
honestly, Kaldeian must've gotten paid by the Russians who made Denuvo to shill for it so hard. I can't imagine how someone could so autistically leap to defend a performance-hampering DRM otherwise. If the developers use it then the lazy faggots should be forced to tighten up optimization to compensate for it. Apparently a FEW games had devs who actually did that, and Denuvo didn't impede performance--but in most cases the publisher slaps it on out of the box and the game runs shittier for it.
>>
>>378852259
all his mods are open sourced so if you really want to you can check the codes yourself. Also if you probably fill his ego and ask nicely he himself will point it out too
>>
>>378852196
technically Denuvo IS drm. It's the company that are shilling it as it isn't.
>>
>>378852495
I've tried looking on the github but could find nothing relating to Steam IDs banning
>>
>>378850321
DENUVO SHILL BTFO
>>
>>378847564
>GoG isn't drm free because nebulous claims about a eula no-one reads
>denuvo is fine tho
what a fag
>>
>>378847564
kill yourself shill rat
>>
>>378852495
Nope, can't find anything related to it.
Found something regarding a EULA but can't make much of it
>>
>>378847564
>sweetie posting

You have to go back, fag.

>>/tumblr/
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.