[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's time to dispel the notion that this was the best Mario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1491199787415.png (86KB, 270x242px) Image search: [Google]
1491199787415.png
86KB, 270x242px
It's time to dispel the notion that this was the best Mario Kart game or even a good game itself.

First off, the ai on the upper difficulties flat out cheat. When they are struck by an item, they are able to get up and move instantly as
opposed to you taking several seconds to get back moving. There is also always one specific ai that has both a higher acceleration and speed than the others which would always place them in first.

Second, the game punishes you for having any amount of skill. If you are in first place you are subject to an undodgeable stun item(s) that will surely ruin any chance of a good placement. The blue shell is completely broken and does not even favor the person using it. The red shell while blockable, tracks you no matter what so skill is once again pointless. It's funny because the game takes away invisible points based on something not even avoidable.

Lastly, the map are not designed for kart racing at all. Now there are some exceptions to this but the maps most guilty are from the Nitro Grand Prix. Because the ai has always has a faster base speed than you, you will have to utilize a variety of different techniques,mostly snaking. However, it is nearly impossible to use these techniques due to the sheer amount of gimmicks on the map. This makes it difficult to receive high marks on the different cups.

I believe that there could have been a better portable Mario Kart, but the makers simply had a poor grasp on what they were trying to make. The other modes in this game are practically unplayable due to the poorly designed racing system.
>>
this is all true but some underaged faggots had fun snaking online so theyll shit on you.
>>
1. It's how every racing game ever increases difficulty. The faster AI is your rival.

2. Getting fucked by items is every Mario Kart game ever. The game is 50% skill and 50% luck. It's a party game.

3. It's the same argument the anti-200cc people use. Just because you are incapable of navigating a certain track doesn't mean the track is bad or unfit. It means you suck.

If you don't like this game then you just don't like Mario Kart as a whole.
>>
Shut the fuck up
>>
It had R.O.B though.
>>
From an outsiders perspective, they're all nearly identical. I can take the same logic from Mario Kart 64, apply it to any Wii-U or 3DS version and aside from different tracks, the fundamental gameplay doesn't change.

So uh, why would one ever be better than any of the others?
>>
File: Fun Slayer.jpg (20KB, 221x191px) Image search: [Google]
Fun Slayer.jpg
20KB, 221x191px
>>378846659
That's a nice opinion and all, but MKDS is still probably my favorite and I really like a lot of its original tracks. I didn't even play online and wasn't incredibly good at snaking (though I did do it plenty), I just thought the game was lots of fun and had great tracks. The mission mode was a lot of fun to master, the battle maps were lots of fun, and the tracks were fun to race on. I wouldn't even argue that it's the best MK game from an objective standpoint, but I'm not gonna start disliking the game just because some random person on the internet pointed out its flaws and called it shit.
>>
>>378846659
Not
Even
Close

the game is decent but it is far from being the best MK game. There's Double Dash and MK7 to hold that title, and they're far, far better than MKDS.
>>
I mean, the anti skill shit would be true if you were talking about the mp but single player AI is so piss easy to beat I cant even imagine how someone could find these things an issue.
>>
mario kart 7 and mario kart ds are fucking awesome. i loved them both!!! i haven't tried MK8 yet but it looks super fun as well:)
>>
the average /v/ user played this when they were what, 8? that's the only reason they like it
>>
>>378846659
>First off, the ai on the upper difficulties flat out cheat.
As they do in every MK series, and yet in this one they're the easiest to trash in spite of all of that.

>Second, the game punishes you for having any amount of skill
Blue shells being unavoidable doesn't stop you getting a massive lead if you have skill. MKDS has one of the highest skill caps in the franchise.

>Lastly, I suck at snaking
Why didn't you just come out and admit that at the start?

Also, how do you know if the game punishes you for having skill if you can't even snake around the courses? Good bait, anon.
>>
>>378850168
>if you can't even snake around the courses
It is practically impossible to snake around the numerous amount of curves that are found on the maps in the Nitro Grand Prix
>>
>>378846659
>If you are in first place you are subject to an undodgeable stun item(s) that will surely ruin any chance of a good placement. The blue shell is completely broken and does not even favor the person using it.
By broken, you mean easily able to dodge with merely a drift boost, and therefore useless, then sure.
>>
>>378850636
Would you prefer the tracks in a racing game to be full of straight lines then?
>>
>>378846659
I played for years and would never get beaten by COMS. Git gud

Also MKDS is the only MK ive played where you can actually dodge the blue shell, so again git gud

The maps are classics, you have bad taste

Also youre gay
>>
>>378846659
>ai on upper difficulties flat out cheat
I didn't have to deal with AI by second lap, git gud
>game punishes for having any amount of skill
Objectively false, MKDS is a game with an actual skill ceiling, snaking requires skill.
>the blue shell is broken and doesn't favor the person using it
the blue shell is dodgeable, so is the red shell
>ai has always a faster base speed than you
this is false, it heavily depends on your pick and the only one with a faster base speed is the "first place" AI, then again, you don't need to deal with AI after first lap if you're good at it.
>sheer amount of gimmicks on the map
There are never any amount of "gimmicks" in the tracks that can't be handled even while drifting.
It IS the best Mario Kart game, with 60 fps even in local multiplayer, actual advanced techniques that make it possible for high level gameplay which is practically unrecognizable from regular MK gameplay aka PRB
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>378849026
>Double Dash
>good
>passable
>acceptable in any way

Spotted the diaper shitting cubebabby.
>>
I wish snaking had remained but in a modified way. I think snaking on straightaways ruined a lot of the fun of it, but finding the small turns where you could sneak in an extra couple boosts gave it a lot of depth
>>
Honestly my least favorite besides perhaps 7. Only redeeming feature to me is that it has some of my favorite maps. However OP's arguments are applicable to any mario kart game when you are garbage at them
>>
File: tumblr_nqx4z8vXeC1qhqxfro1_500.jpg (46KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqx4z8vXeC1qhqxfro1_500.jpg
46KB, 500x455px
>>378853528
>he likes Super Circuit better than DS and 7
>>
>>378854083
It's almost as if people have personal preferences to what they enjoy
>>
File: 1407176546931.png (150KB, 540x480px) Image search: [Google]
1407176546931.png
150KB, 540x480px
>>378854210
Yes and I'm expressing my disbelief and confusion in hopes of prompting an explanation of his reason for having those preferences.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.