[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minigame hell, the game. So annoying, the Zora physics suck,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: Majora%27s_Mask_3D_cover.png (229KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Majora%27s_Mask_3D_cover.png
229KB, 316x316px
Minigame hell, the game. So annoying, the Zora physics suck, the Goron physics suck, why is this crap praised again?
>>
perhaps it is you that sucks
>>
>>378847134
"durr it isn't unfun, you just suck"

If I suck how did I just 100% it? It's a garbage game.
>>
>>378847402
>People are so autistic they actually have the need to 100% things they don't enjoy and then bitch about it to people who don't care about their opinion
>>
>>378847550
"durr y did you play it durr"
To see what the fuss was about you idiot. You fanboys have no defense whatsoever do you?

This game is inferior to OoT and is overrated to hell and back. The only fun part was the dungeons but that's it. Anything that's optional is terrible.
>>
>>378847634
And the fact that the majority of the game is optional minigame hell shows that this game isn't that good at all.
>>
I too think Majora's Mask is highly overrated.

To me, the best part of Zelda are the dungeons and MM's hast he least amount. Only the last dungeon is truly stellar too.

I really don't give a fuck about the boring npcs and their side quests. Having them tied to specific parts of the day is meh. It requires waiting around a lot.

Having to repeatedly go back in time to redo things is not fun either.

Constantly be timed while you play is stressful. Even though you have plenty of time when you use the song to slow down the flow of time, I still don't like being timed. I want to explore and fuck around at my leisure.

I agree that the Goron and Zora controls are ass and the majority of the masks in the game are useless. There's only a handful of useful ones.
>>
I, too, make sure to platinum and 100% every game I dislike, just to see what the "fuss is about". That includes all optional content, obviously, i.e. content that is absolutely required to play, especially if I don't want to waste any more time playing this game.
>>
>>378846656
best in the series :)
>>
>>378846656
I actually really liked the transformed Link controls. Swimming was pretty easy as a zora, and rolling around as a goron was very satisfying. My only complaint would be that fighting as a goron was a bit of a hassle.

And anyway, it's all a matter of taste, but I liked the game's weird aesthetic, themes, and subplots. For me, the fact that MM felt more like a complete and well-developed world was a big advantage it had over OoT. But that's just the sort of thing I enjoy in games.
>>
>>378847749
Name a better Zelda game.

>OoT
Good pick, but personally I think it is inferior to MM due to slow as fuck pacing and tedious travelling in Hyrule Field
>WW
Unfinished but still beautiful mess
>TP
Same problems as OoT but with wolf sections to spoil it
>SS
Do I have to elaborate?
>BotW
Barren as fuck, durability, lack of dungeons, shit story

If you put it next to other 3D Zeldas it stands out pretty clearly. Of course it has some flaws like any other game, but it's still the best entry to date.
>>
Yeah but this game is creepypasta fuel, so fuck you.
>>
>>378846656
>calling MM minigame hell after the shitshow that is OoT
>minigames none of which is required to complete the game

I'll give you that the remake totally fucked up the Zora controls for no reason, but you never need to dolphin jump for anything required in the game, only for optional content.
>>
>>378846656
Is this part of some new kind of Zelda Cycle? Or is it all the underage thinking every game but BoTW sucks again?
>>
>>378852808
If you ignore the optional content, then the game is extremely short and not worth full price.
Optional content is practically required to get a full game

>>378852919
I'm probably older than you chump. This port was annoying as hell and the N64 version was superior
>>
>>378853024
Choppy 15 frames per second sure is superior alright
What's wrong with the port other than "muh atmosphere?"
>>
are you retarded? the Zora swimming is one of the best swimming in games, for once a game makes water navigation a satisfying thing to do
>>
Controlling Zora and Gorion Link is such a non-issue. Are you underaged?
>>
>>378853126
They fucked up the Zora physics. The camera spazzes the fuck out when you hit an object and sometimes the Zora just gets flung in the opposite direction

>>378853218
>no argument
I accept your concession.

>>378853130
It's absolute shit.
>>
>>378853269
>They fucked up the Zora physics. The camera spazzes the fuck out when you hit an object and sometimes the Zora just gets flung in the opposite direction
I've seen no evidence of this and I have never heard anyone ever complain about this except you. I feel like if this was the slightest bit real there'd be comparison videos and more.
OP is a faggot confirmed
>>
I like MM, but holy fucking shit the Goron and Zora segments on the moon are cancer
>>
>>378849607
OoT's dungeons make up for the tediousness of traveling imo, especially since you can get Epona pretty early on. Ignoring BotW, each 3D Zelda game has been worse than the previous one.
>>
>>378853343
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/linkrs_swimming_is_a_notable_change_in_the_legend_of_zelda_majorars_mask_3d

Fucking idiot
>>
If people have difficulty with the moon dolphin jump or the Goron race for the gold dust, just drink the Chateau Romani on the second night and get jiggy with it. You can get 200 rupees ezpz from the bird near the entrance to Romani Ranch if I remember correctly.

>>378853343
If he's referring to the remake then they really did fuck with the Zora controls, mostly by making the fast swimming/dolphin jumping take magic.

>>378853425
Goron moon bit was easier on the N64 due to the octagonal design of the stick, so it was much easier to ensure that you were going exactly straight.

>>378853024
I finished OoT in about 20-25 hours or so. The game was pretty obviously one of the devs' first forays into 3d and it shows. Much of the dungeon design is awful.

MM took me about 50 hours and I didn't do the majority of the minigames because they didn't seem worth it. Then again you'll probably call me a filthy casual since I think rather highly of games like PH and ST. For the record, my ranking of the 3d Zelda, so that you can simply discount my opinion: BotW > TP > MM > WW > OoT. Haven't finished SS yet.
>>
>>378853538
>claims they fucked with the physics
>posts an article about the controls
That's not the same thing.
>>
>>378847749
>I dont give a fuck about the boring npcs and sidequests
you do realize this is the main reason the game is liked and praised right

like what kinda moron hears everyone praise the game but has no clue why they praise it

I feel you're expectations were misplaced
>>
>>378853538
I haven't played the 3DS port, but I do know th animations are fucked in them.

The original animations of OoT and MM were made with their low FPS in mind, 22-24 or whatever, while the 3D versions have it at a higher frame rate. What they did when porting this, was to just speed up the animations and it looks fucking horrible in motion. Looks quite half assed and a lazy job by Nintendo for some of the best games of the N64.

Also why calling this a remake is a wrong concept, they use the same engine and speedrunners found the same glitches in the updated ports, they just changed visuals a lot.
>>
Favorite and Least Favorite MM sidequest anon?
The Anzu/Kafei sidequest is my favorite
Racing the Butler is my most hated, due to sometimes Link would just run off a ledge instead of jumping

In the remake, the Beaver and Moon Dolphin jump quests were my least favorite. What are yours anons?
>>
>>378853772
The dungeons are underrated then, because imo they're the best part of the game, there's only 4 main ones but they're so much more detailed than the plain dungeons in OoT
>>
>>378853126
>fucked up zora swimming
>can't use ice arrows in water wherever you want
>games atmosphere was absolutely butchered by making everything brighter, cheerier, incredibly shitty animations
>butchered casualized bosses
>casualized and destroyed tension of entire game with a guide that tells you exactly what to do for every side quest/ heart piece, perfect time skip
I want you to go on YouTube, watch the Odolwa fight for the original, then watch the new one's fight and tell me this port isn't shit
>half his moveset gone
>animations hilariously worse
>no longer tilts head and brandishes sword menacingly in rhythm with chant
>no longer dances like a maniac
>colors all fucked up, bright and cheery as opposed to dark and gloomy
I don't understand how anyone can defend this shit. I suppose if you are some impatient millennial casual who hates video games that aren't skyrim and can't live without guides and map markers the game is a bit easier to stomach, but otherwise mm3d is just objectively worse
>>
Maybe it's the time when it was released? This is a really old game.
>>
>>378854168
>perfect time skip
Lol, this one destroys the entire point of making appointments. The threat of the moon was non existent in 3D thanks to multiple save points and being able to go to whatever point in time you wished.
Didn't need to make routes or anything since I could freely move through time
>>
>>378854168
>>378853126
They ruined Deku Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtHOf3UzOwk
>>
>>378852919
You do realize that MM was hated for a long time, right? It's easily the most polarizing title in the series, and it only got popular after the cult following became more vocal about how unique it is.
>>
>>378855537
I feel like a lot of the changes in the 3ds version were to address many of the more frustrating aspects of the game, such as the waiting around for time to pass to finish side quests or the ability to save without going back in time.

That doesn't excuse other changes like the boss battles or swimming, of course.
>>
File: gordon.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gordon.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>378846656
IF YOU HEAR BEFORE YOU SEE ME
IF YOU HEAR BEFORE YOU SEE ME
>>
>>378846656
I love Majora's Mask because it has the most lively world of any Zelda game. Almost every NPC has a schedule and a interesting side quest to give. I found it fun and its my favorite Zelda game.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.