[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing RED ALERT 3 and watching some of the older controversies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 20170602102926_1.jpg (110KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170602102926_1.jpg
110KB, 1280x1024px
Playing RED ALERT 3 and watching some of the older controversies arout EA made me realise that the company may have tried to make RED ALERT 3 controversial. There are 3 factions in game (Allies), (Japan) and of course (The Soviet Union). All 3 factions are well balanced (some may say that Japan may be a bit OP but anyway) but the Soviet Union seems to conquer Menu, Main Soundtrack, DVD case, in-game menus, EA logo at the start of the game etc. So I wonder if all this was planed to make a controversy to increase sales and traffic or just a design decision...
>>
Red Alert games have always been about the red threat/soviets.
>>
>>378844692
Soviet imagery is more iconic than Allied one, being taken from a real country and not some kind of not-UN amalgamation of real countries.
>>
>Has Russian shit
>I SAY, HOW PROVOCATIVE
OP do you even know what Russia is?
>>
>>378846112
Same thing happened with Dante's inferno (teasing relious people) and with Dead Space (teasing mothers) so that lead me to believe that EA may tried to tease the American conservative crowd that take this kind of things way to seriously. Not provocative in my opinion.
>>
>>378846556
Anon, the Vatican didn't get up in arms over snake tits and sown tattoos, and mothers everywhere didn't rally together to protect their babies from the horror of dead space, the phenomena you think is happening doesn't have ANY effect at all on the rest of the world, or on gamers themselves.
>>
>>378844692
>Playing RED ALERT 3 and watching some of the older controversies arout EA made me realise that the company may have tried to make RED ALERT 3 controversial.

No they tried to make it into an E-Sport Game which is why it was meh same as Starcraft 2.
>>
>>378846840
To be honest it is pretty mediocre compared to Red Alert 2 and 1 (RIP westwood)
>>
>>378846714
So you are Implying that for something to be controversial it needs to have real life effects?
>>
>>378844692
>EA made me realise that the company may have tried to make RED ALERT 3 controversial
NO
FUCKING WAY
-they did that with Dante's inferno (they LITERALLY sent 100$ checks to journalists, they hired fake christian protestors).
-they use spam bots to mass downvotes cod videos
-they use spam bots to raise user scores on metacritic (roland from poland, fries from france, olivia from bolivia...)
-made gay romances in all their games for the sole purpose of saying "we have the courage to do that xD"
and so, anon, you're telling me that a company that does things like that may have also tried to make controversy on their other games!? no way anon!
>>
>>378847187
I'm implying for somethin to be controversial it has to have people around enough to care about the controversy. Not like PETA getting upset you could run over coyotes in GTA, I'm talking like Hatred or the Columbine RPG, where actual offensiveness is the game's only point.

Adding soviets, Christians, or fucking with babies have been staples of horror games for decades and there's no controversy in playing with any of those themes.
>>
>>378847878
>Homosexuals are a controversy still
I didn't realize it was 1997
>>
>>378847031
It is. I think I dropped it after the 3rd campaign mission or something because I was but off how the resource management and the new units worked.

I generally dislike this whole
>WOO LOOK OUR UNITS HAVE ALL SECOND FUNCTIONALITY LOOK AT HOW STRATEGIC AND DEEP OUR GAMEPLAY IS
shit
>>
>>378844692
So of the three main C&Cs, which is the better one? Tiberium, Red Alert, or Generals?
>>
>>378848514
Red Alert > Tiberian Sun > Generals > rest of the Tiberium games
>>
>>378848514
Red Alert ofc
>>
What the fuck is this thread, /pol/ tinfoil?
>>
>>378848209
This is not just "adding" soviets. This is litteraly basing the entire marketing of the product around soviet imagry. I find it cool desu becouse it doesn't jerk off to American patriotism and it actually tries something new, but knowing EA I think that a more malicious intent was behind it. And it didn't couse controversy of course becouse we are not in 60s and noone cares about communism. I am talking about the intent here
>>
>>378848959
A mix it seems
>>
>>378849071
Exactly like RA1 and RA2 did, you dense motherfucker!
>>
>>378849071
Because the whole point of the game is that Hitler was killed and this lead to a not so cold Cold War. The whole story IS about the soviets, it's always been like this from the first game. They are the aggressors.
Even Red Alert 2 starts with a soviet invasion of the US.
>>
>>378849274
Well yea Soviets are the main idea and by adding Communist symbolism in the game and marketing EA stays real to the franchise but if we compare the marketing of Red Alert 1,2 and 3 we can see that 3 has gone a bit overkill with and hammers and sickles. 1 and 2 had soviets as the main theme but the marketing was not so based around those symbols. Just compare the main menus of this 3 games.
>>
https://youtu.be/lDQ7hXMLxGc

If this theme isn't the tightest shit get out
>>
>>378850268
This theme is love, this theme is life
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.