[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A reminder the SAG-AFTRA videogame voice acting strike has now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

A reminder the SAG-AFTRA videogame voice acting strike has now been going 224 days, the longest in the history of the union #performancematters
>>
>the performers
the performers were veterans you fucking faggot, who were happy to be asked to worked because of their service. They didn't join a fucking voice acting union.

god damn I hate those whingy cunts.
>>
>Negotiate a payment for your work
>Get paid it
>Complain you didn't get more
>>
Do they need scabs? I always wanted to get some experience and I'll work for cheap without complaining
>>
>>378841806
But is it really a union?
Or are they just calling themselves that.
>>
>Union represents a million people
>Force 1% to strike indefinitely to prove a point

Yeah that sounds like a good plan.
>>
>>378842001
No, the truth is there are thousands if not tens of thousands of people exactly as qualified as these whiny pissbabbies who are still working, including the only like 5 people who actually get jobs in games anymore.
>>
>>378841806
And it's still probably much more than the myriad of people who, you know, actually made the game.

What a fucking joke
>>
File: link.webm (785KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
link.webm
785KB, 1280x720px
>>378841806

When you pay someone to make an asset for your game, you don't agree to give them a percentage of the sales.
>>
if the voice actors are on strike then how come my games still have voices in? explain that
>>
>>378842157
because it's union driven
so you have to depend on freelance VAs for your voicework
hence EA's pulling first timers and fans for Andromeda's voice acting, with a less than stellar result
>>
>>378842157
Chances are, it was:
1. Non-union
2. Not made in the US
3. Was in development before the strike
>>
>>378842157
Voice recordings that were completed before the strike or non-union voice actors.
>>
>>378842267
Andromeda was all union m8.
>>
>>378841806
>literally forcing developers to use a larger variety of voice actors

wtf I love strikes now
>>
I'm fairly certain there wasn't a single programmer or artist involved that's made 4.5 million.
>>
>>378841806
>A reminder the SAG-AFTRA videogame voice acting strike has now been going 224 days, the longest in the history of the union

>Videogame VA's are on strike
>People who play Japanese games with dubs are saying dubs are better

Did videogame VA's just shoot themselves in the foot?
>>
>>378842020
If you've ever wondered how a game could have shit-tier voice acting, it's because actors dues are in the thousands. You have to pay a small fortune, just to work.
>>
I do freelance non-union work and the thing about this is if you become a scab you will be blacklisted after the strike. This really means nothing for people like me. The studios will keep on hiring the same people regardless.
>>
>muh cowadoody
>0.03% is still 4.5 fucking million dollars
>4.5 million dollars given to people shouting grenade! reloading! into a mic for a day

sweet deal desu
>>
>>378841806
I fucking hate unions.

Not the concept in itself. It makes a lot of sense to stand together and limit corporate strength over the individual, but it is in the nature of every union to attract and be filled by the very worst kind of person: a mealy, wretched kind of being that cannot improve their lot by hard work or diligence but seeks power anyway.

I've worked a decade in the service sector and the actual "problems" the union have solved for their workers are:

>Helping someone drunk at work twice to not get fired, who promptly got drunk at work again about a month after. The union didn't offer to help them with occupational health, we did, the drunk refused and then tried to sue us (with union help) the second time they were fired.

>Helping someone sue us because they literally picked a heavy labour job and were shocked to discover it involved heavy labour, and faked an injury. Forgetting to fake it: outside of work, inside of work, at one point taking a two week trip to the Caribbean in perfect health.

>Appoint two regional representatives, one of which we fired for literally passing on employee discounts to complete strangers for money, one that is so festeringly incompetent she ran over a customer with a piece of equipment. Has an absence rate of about 50%.

>cost us $20,000 to install new air conditioning at a local store, which I was actually cool with until I discover three months later the rest of the store is pissed because they were actually too cold and wanted better heating. The only person in the store who felt it was too hot: the Union rep.

>A million other bullshit tiny things, all health and safety. This part I don't actually mind at all.

That's it. No big "fuck the system" efforts of justice, no "hey maybe we should try and get better pay" fights. They even rolled over for us on a big contract change (which classily, they denied doing so when we publicly declared it)

Unions are a good idea staffed by scum. Corrupt to the bone
>>
>>378841806

Movie stars get the private jets because people often decide what movies they're going to see based on the cast. They take a lot of money out of the jar, but they put even more in. When customers are thinking about buying a videogame, they don't take a second glance at the cast list unless there's some celebrity involved. The customers are not wrong or stupid for placing actors low on their priority list for a videogame; games don't even need voice acting to be 10/10.

Furthermore, they were paid according to the conditions that they signed on for. They could have taken literally any other job that they qualify for, and this was the wrong field of the industry to enter if they want power. They can go somewhere else.

These whiners have exactly the amount of leverage that they deserve, there's nothing forcing them to be there, and I see no reason to feel sorry for them.
>>
>>378843259

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DN4NIg4o_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Ecw_Nllgc
>>
>>378844052
It's funny listening to this guy, he's essentially dealing with the USA big brother of the union I have to work with, and seems like in a similar position.
>>
>>378844220

He's done a lot of left wing activist work, and has become completely disenfranchised with the entirety of the "DNC and friends" leadership. They're a complete snowflake-covered viper pit.
>>
lmao, they do realize wed rather have amateur voice acting and better games right
>>
>Walmart made $131b in profit last year
>store workers only received 0.00000015%

THE INJUSTICE
>>
>>378841806
I forgot about that, who cares?
>>
>>378844775
>better games
No such thing without being fully voiced by a union voice actor!!!!!!!11!1!oneyone!
>>
>>378841806
>only 4.5 million dollars
>for some bad dialogue
>>
File: 14823492732.jpg (51KB, 938x477px) Image search: [Google]
14823492732.jpg
51KB, 938x477px
>WE are so overworked and underpaid, we demand MORE wages so we don't starve
>so we're not going to do ANY work for a year

Why aren't they all dead?
>>
>>378844959
I guess it must be the voice actors that are striking because it sure as hell isn't anyone else.
>>
voice acting is a cancer. i'd legitimately prefer if we went back to text. david hayter and the rest of his actor friends are among the worst things to happen in gaming.
>>
>>378841806
What's even the point of this when Troy Baker and Laura Bailey voice 99% of relevant characters nowadays? As long as these 2 are working no one will care.
>>
>>378841806
i'm a professor of theatre and you're still a faghole. Blow me.
>>
>>378841806
seriously fucking kill yourself
>>
>>378841925
basically this
fuck them, no sympathy from me

maybe if they were actually talented
>>
0.03% of 15 billion is quite a lot
Entitled little shits
>>
>>378842842
SAG-AFTRA membership is only a grand, the catch is you need a referral from a member, good luck if you dont have actor friends

The real money goes into classes you gotta take so you know how the fuck to do it right

Honestly though, if you are living with parents and working minimum wage it's still within your means
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 224x225px
>>378848220
hi David Hayter
>>
>>378848385
No anon, i just mean it's not THAT much money, especially if you want to do it as a career
>>
Yeah, I'm sure video games can do just fine without programmers, but can't exist without voice actors.
>>
>>378842267
No the VA has not in any way contrivuted to a diminished product. Thats all on the developers for producing a shitty game in the first place
>>
>>378843259
>t.americuck who's also probably circumcised
>>
>>378844052
This guy might be interesting but he talks like a fake cunt and is barely tolerable for 30 seconds
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.