[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As someone who has never played DOTA before how long would it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 9

File: header[1].jpg (41KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
41KB, 460x215px
As someone who has never played DOTA before how long would it take me to go pro with regular practice?
>>
>>378838834

2000 hours of extremely focused practice at your chosen role.
>>
>>378838834
you'll never win that TI mate
if that was your plan
>>
>>378838982
even if he doesn't he's taking more steps than you. at least he has the ambition and interest to ask about it, rather than telling people they can't do it over the internet. lmao.
>>
>>378839052
>he's taking more steps than you
>starting to play dota 2
>lmao

okay
>>
Thousands of hours

And friends to play with
>>
>>378838834
Longer than you think, dad. Longer than you think!
>>
File: 1495951674792.png (78KB, 573x131px) Image search: [Google]
1495951674792.png
78KB, 573x131px
3000 if you're a fucking natural, otherwise 5k+
>>
Don't
>>
>>378838834
Minimum 1000 hours.

>>378838878

Dont listen to this fag, play all the heroes and roles.
>>
>>378839180
Is that picture real?
>>
File: bone7.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
bone7.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>378839529
stats don't lie
>>
>>378839180
>>378839610
Remember kids, if bone7 can do it, you can to.
>>
it takes several hundred hours to simply learn to play the game. most people require over a thousand hours until they actually know the game and how to properly play it.
and that's just the starting point. the bare minimum. anything below that is complete garbage scrub tier unskill.

realistically you're looking at two thousand to three thousand hours. and that's not hours of jumping into games and playing like whatever. that's hours of actively trying to get better, hours of conscious effort at improving your knowledge, your mechanics, your awareness, your positioning, and your general decision making. this shit is hard work.

of all the games i played, dota is one of the hardest to truly master. its depth, complexity, and the focus on decision making with extremely punishing consequences for even minor mistakes, make it one of the most difficult games to achieve high levels of skill in.
>>
>>378838834
Never there are so many pub stars with 7-9k mmr and they all played since dota wc3. You're fucked mate.
>>
File: Purge_Is_suffering.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Purge_Is_suffering.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>378838878
I would argue if you start with coaching, you could cut it down to maybe 400-500 hours.
Watching Purge coaching Day9 is fascinating, because over the span of 12 weeks, day9 has improved more than a tenfold, and yet only risen from 2600 MMR to 3100.
There is even a good chance he will hit his first wall before 3500, because the mechanic skill increase is insane.
>>
File: 1456106740239.jpg (122KB, 780x620px) Image search: [Google]
1456106740239.jpg
122KB, 780x620px
>>378839610
>>
>>378838878
This. 2000 hours minimum to get good, and an increasing growth in MMR.

But my advice is to forget it and never play it, DotA is a time consuming hellhole with some of the worst people you can come up online. You are better off using those 2000 hours in other games and studying something.
>>
>>378840124
It only goes to show that you have to apply what you learn in order to climb the MMR, instead of just loosely following the guidelines.
Purge might not be a pro, but he is a good teacher.
>>
>>378840478
One positive thing about DOTA is that you stop getting mad at any game that isn't DOTA.
>>
>>378840663

I agree with this so much, I honestly can't get angry the same way in any other game or thing in life.
>>
>>378840663
in the other hand you become incredibly racist
>>
Just remember that progaming is never a viable career. Even among the best 1% of all pro players in any "esports" title most of them don't make enough money for it to be worthwhile.
>>
>>378840785

No, you ascend to a point you understand the limitations of other races and nationalities
>>
>>378840897
wrong
>>
>>378840972
Unless if you win some massive tournament like TI or whatever the equivalent was in LoL you will not be making enough money to justify it in the long run. You can get by for insert amount of years but eventually you will have to either study or get back to work and you will be at a significant disadvantage because you have been away from "normal life" for such a long time. The amount of pro players who have had trouble reintegrating back to the society is massive and a couple of the top players have almost literally gone homeless.
>>
>>378838834
1-2k hours to become familiar with game and understand it fully as a regular player.

6-7k hours to be high tier
>>
>>378840785
It's not racist if it's true. Most Russians and South Americans are scum.
>>
>>378839610
the ping is what gets me
>>
But honestly, 2k hours minimum the learn to play the game in an acceptable way. Getting actually good 4k+ hours and you actually need to have the drive to want to improve and get good, no dicking around like the first 2k hours
>>
>>378840663
>>378840907
All too true
>>
Making it in esports requires huge amounts of talent. No amount of practice can make up for that.

t. still sucks at Overwatch after 500 hours
>>
File: pepe.jpg (35KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
35KB, 480x480px
>>378841363
>Overwatch
>e-sport

good one mate were talking about a game where people played since wc3 and played hon in between. Overwatch is baby game.
>>
>>378841363

Talent and hard work are usually what people compare against each other, but honestly I think your mentality is something that is as equally important as those 2. Someone with the drive to win and wanting to improve and self reflect will go much further than a person with talent but no drive to win.
>>
>>378838834
You will need a couple hundred hours to just learn what each hero,item does. Then you still have to learn how to position yourself in fights, who to focus if playing a core, you'll have to learn how to ward on supports, what you can get away, overall, on the mechanics side, probably around 4-500 hours of focused effort.
Then you need some people who are also around, or above your level that you can play with constantly, because solo que in dota, especially at lower levels (2-3k mmr, where most of the playerbase is at iirc, so the spread is wide) is a complete crapshoot. I've won games where we had 2 abandoners, and also lost games where the enemy had 1 or 2 leavers.

The most important part thing though, is keeping a positive attitude, and to never lose your cool and give into the salt. Which is incredibly easy, especially if you're playing with 4 randys, who make the same mistake that you've seen already hundreds of times.
>>
>>378840124
Reminder that day9 was a starcraft pro and so already has skills beyond any 3k player in stuff like micro and general hero control, he's just learning to apply his SC skills to dota while gaining game sense from the coaching.
>>
>>378838834
Self taught 6k hours 5k mmr here

having a coach is probably a great way to learn the game.
>>
>>378838834
3k hours at least if you want to actually win shitter low level tournaments
This is also with autism over stats and bullshit mind you. Also you'll have to get into the comp scene since you want to go pro, which will also be a big timesink
>>
I'll save you some time.

Play "Clockwerk" and only Clockwerk. He's the manliest hero ingame and everyone loves him
>>
>>378841519
>micro skills
>matter in dota

maybe if he plays chen and meepo but dota is more about timing, decision making, map awareness and team fighting.
>>
>>378841519
SC skills barely help
>>
>>378840663
This. I don't think I've been truly mad at anything else since playing DOTA. I mean sometimes I get flustered at some other games I was just replaying SA1 a few days ago HOLY FUCK IS THE CAMERA AND CONTROLS HORRID, but dota can make me lose my shit hardcore.
It probably has to do with one match lasting 45-65 minutes, and if you're giving it your all to win, then someone fucks it up, it really sets the salt levels high. You invest all that time to win, then some gopnik russian fuck who just keeps screaming cyka blyet in the mic, even though no one else speaks russian in the game, fucks it all up.

Especially frustrating when you see people play a hero/role you're good at, and they're fucking it up.
>>
Like a decade, that's about as long as most of them have been playing
Everyone in this thread talking about MMR is retarded
>>
If you have the talent maybe atleast 500 hours. Else never.
>>
>>378841682

I would explain it to someone that I get irritated with other things and games and then genuinely angry in dota 2. I've never been as angry or sad, than after losing about 200 mmr in a session
>>
>>378841519
>Micro skills
>15% of the hero pool has less then 4 active abilities
>Less than 10 heroes have inate "micro" abilites

I mean don't get me wrong, micro heroes are one of the most powerful ones, a decent Meepo can absolutely wreck pubbies, but if you know counters, they are easy to deal with. Rat heroes on the other hand, oh boy.

>>378841630
>tfw everyone on the enemy teams has some sort of blink or self CC so you can't manfight them
Aint nothing like hitting a blind hook or killing with flare tho
>>
Would anyone be willing to coach me and play better?

My ex broke up with me a week ago, and she used to shit on me because I was bad at dota.
>She was 1.7k with 1.1k hours played

I want to reach a point where if we talk again I can say "Oh yeah i'm 4k +"

Currently 1.2k with 80-100 hours played.
>>
>>378841751

>500 hours

Sweet summer child....
>>
pro tip: stay in fog as much as possible if youre a scary hero like nyx. so fucking annoying having an ally nyx farming in lane
>>
>>378841682
Frist tipp is never ever get fucking tilt. I've won so many game where I told my team to come down and get their shit together. Especially with the meta we have now where comebacks are easy as fuck.
>>
>>378841860
>calibrating at 80-100 hours when you don't understand anything
wew lad you deserved it
>>
>>378841860
I dont coach normies
>>
>>378841817
>only lost 200 mmr in a session

Once I lost around 400 in a single day.
Still trying to come back from that, but I can only tolerate Ranked Solo so much, people have massive fucking egos, with tons of playtime, yet they make the most asinine mistakes.
tfw calibrated around 2.7, climbed to 2975 ish, then went down to 2.3 in one session. Trying to climb back now, years later, currently at 2.4, this is the worst, I've no problem climbing back from 2.000 to 2.3, but this part, holy hell, sometiems you get Gregor tier players, sometiems you get 12 year old gopnik russians picking jungle legion
>>
>>378841942
Considered it like league where if i'm not constantly playing ranked, i'm wasting my time.
I'd rather climb slowly from where I belong instead of playing 900 more hours just to place where she did.
Also I seem to be getting most of the game down and am climbing somewhat fast.
>>
I'm 7k with 9000 hours, still not good enough to play professionally
>>
>>378840663
for me rocket league is on the same frustration level as dota
>>
Hä?
I don't get it what is so difficult in this game?
>>
>>378841982
EU or NA
Remember, just through sheer game knowledge you can rise to 3k, I did atleast, now I have to compete with my low mechanical skill outside of teamfights.
>>
>>378841981
I've probably been on this site since you were in grade school
>>
>>378841982
get mid/carry whenever you can otherwise you pick something your team needs but try to get some roamer and make mid or offlane win.
t. somebody who got 5k-5.3k with roaming/support
>>
>>378842045
Ixmike?
>>
>>378841196
>before dota2
>love all race equally and embrace multiculturalism

>after dota2
>hitler was right
>hate thirdies
terrible game desu
>>
there's so many intricacies involving the game that separate good to skilled players to top tier players
i had 3k hours in dota and i barely creep stack and have terrible micromanagement,it's very dependent on your mindset
>>
>>378841929
I know, but there are people who get tilted by this. There are also people who don't like being told what to do, again, ego problems. I'd honestly prefer people who keep crying about their own teammates to just abandon the game, I'd rather take the increased gold/min than to hear them bitch.
If you wanted to experience true hell,try internationial ranked. I lasted for 3 games, because it was filled with people who cried about "muh mmr" "am actually 3/4k, but the elo hell". People with huge egos in denial about their own fuckups are the worst.
>>
>>378842045
If you're serious, do you actually think about what you're doing to a large degree, or are you basically just on autopilot, musclememory-ing everything mostly.
>>
>>378840124
coaching/teaching will only ever make you competent
not good

2000 hours is the bare minimum
most pros have played dota for 5-10 years and probably have over 6000 hours
>>
>>378842039
of course 1,2k is filled with retard with no map awareness and will to support, you can climb in that bracket easily, now the question is what rank she's at now?
>>
feels good being 4k mmr without having purchased consumables in over 4 years
Just a reminder that if you buy TP's you are literally wasting gold for no reason lmao
>>
>>378842082
EU
I have the knowledge, I know most of the mechanics of the game, but I'm not good enough to counter out if we have 4 bad players. I've lost so many games where I played great, got farmed, but still lost because we had one or two bad players.

>>378842093
I can play any role, and I have a 50/50 split in core/support, it's just the cycle, if I pick safelane core, mid or offlane will fail, etc. There are just some games that you cannot win. Also doesn't help that in the current meta, mechanically hard heroes are retard magnets , like invoker, or people who pick legion, to farm for 30 minutes in the jungle and get invis. Also some people don't know how to itemize against certain heroes.
To clarify, currently at 2.4k, and the spread is great, there are people in there who are new, people who have over 1-2k hours but are still bad, and people who are somewhat decent, but still not good eonugh to outcarry the bad ones.
>>
>>378842239
She is 1.6k currently
I think I can hit that in a few days of playing but I just have so much trouble finding the motivation to play.
Only time I really enjoy the game is when i'm playing es and honestly i'm getting good at him mechanically. ( At least I think)
Though the 25 bans on heroes has made it harder for me to spam him so my second choice is sky mage.
If he's gone too then I just random and try to learn the hero.
The issue is I don't want to just place higher than her, I want to be able to rub it in her face.
>"I'm this much better than you and I've only played x amount of time."
>>
>>378842317
That's dumb and you're dumb
>>
>>378841519
Day9 keeps forgetting to use items and abilities and constantly needs Purge to tell him what to do. He was at the bottom of 3k and I think he dropped back to 2.9k already.
>>
>>378841126
>The amount of pro players who have had trouble reintegrating back to the society is massive and a couple of the top players have almost literally gone homeless.
source on that?
im interested in some "life after dota" reports
>>
Play mid glasscannons or get out of my face
>>
>>378842426
Remember, that in dota the stats really dont matter. a 0-8 lion can be doing a fuckload to help his team if his spells are still having huge impact in the fights, what matters is you maximize your ability to help your team.
Also, (especially as a support) learn to actually make sure you're team gets out of an engagement, try not to leave people behind just because you've got a blink dagger or something.
>>
>>378841906
thats called the riki effect isnt it?
>>
File: hejibits044.png (11KB, 405x368px) Image search: [Google]
hejibits044.png
11KB, 405x368px
>>378842829
I do that, if I play support, I'm the last one to leave a teamfight, better me than a core dying.
But like you said, if someone doesn't know how and when to use their abilities, that can be devastating. There are also people who go maximum overtilt if you tell them that they should do something. Seriously, the biggest hurdle in dota is your own ego. You have to know, and how to man up to any fuckups you make.
>mfw I had a game yesterday when Shaman didn't use his wards for pushing / defending rax, even when the entire team kept asking him to do so, kept placing obs in the same spot and wondered why they keep getting dewarded, but didn't let anyone else buy the wards or place them
>>
>>378840663
Too true. Better yet, I stopped getting mad at dota too, whenever I lose I'm just like whatever, and take a look at my mistakes
>>
>>378842963
never heard it called that
>>
It took me about 500 hours to just get 'okay' at Dota, and about 1500 to get 'pretty good'. I imagine going pro would take about 10 years of nonstop playing.
>>
>>378843035
Well good, seriously, its the worst feeling as a core to have your support give up on you when you're trying to run, not even throwing a long ranged slow(such as wyverns) to try and give you a better chance at no cost to themselves. And the feeling of making sure that your core spectre manages to get out after they have chucklefucked around is great aswell.
>>
>tfw half of /v/ called doto casual for years
Shows how much this board konws about vidya and how much it talks out of its ass
>>
>>378843309
They were blaming Dota for the death of the warcraft 3 custom game scene, when Blizzard did that with an update that broke a shitload of maps and other things. I think it as 1.23 or 1.24.
The map scene didn't recover after that.
>>
>>378843249
This is what I hate in this current meta. Heroes that used to be considered "hard" are now retard magnets, and most of the pickers are bad at them, and stick to one way of playing religiously

>AFK jungling LC who doesn't come to get free duels in the lane
>Spectre who won't do anything before getting his Radiance, even if the enemy team is getting rax by 25 minutes in
>Invoker pickers who only use 2-3 spells, but forget to use basic shit for disabling like EMP, or Deafening blast, Alacrity, Spirits, etc.

And my favourite meme of this meta
>people not buying MKB/Silver edge/Solar against PA, then wonder why they lost
Same with Bristle
>>
>>378843516
This was always the case
>>
>>378843516
I miss being able to play PA and just stomp games through sheer agression earlygame, it still pains me that people think the hero has no early game relevance, sure she cant run into a support nuker and a core, but with even a little help, and abuse of her 5 sec cooldown blink to jump in and out onto weak targets, she can dominate in teamfights even early
>>
I played league for years and wanted to start dota 2 cause it's what my friends play now. Is there a comprehensive video maker or streamer or whatever that goes through some of the basic changes between the two games? I know a lot is different but surely there's some sort of common ground to build upon.
>>
>>378843569
I don't think so, atleast I remember Invoker not being picked this frequently. Maybe he just got nerfed, and people still pick him, and the negative experiences stick out more for me.

Jungling legion was around too, but not played this much, now if Legion isn't banned, it's the first pick almost always. Thank fuck pubbies forgot about slark, I don't see him as much anymore, I hate slark the most
>>
>>378840579
I think the best part about Purges's coaches Day9, is that its one of those rare times you get a perspective of how insane the skill level is in T1 dota.
>>
>>378843402
it was 1.24
and the mappin scene recovered just fine from that, aside from a handful of abandoned maps whose creator didnt update them anymore.
what killed wc3 custom games was hosting bots flooding the game list with their empty lobbies to the point where you had trouble finding any actual game that wasnt a bot game
>>
>>378843635
https://purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide/

this is probably the best general guide ever written on the subject of learning dota 2.
>>
6k hours here

MMr fluctuates so bad, highest was 4,3k now I actually sit at 3,2k after a few bad weeks.
I dont know
I do have 240 abandons on my acc since i only used a overheating macbook to play dota 2 from 2011-2013 and it fucked me over al ot but i couldnt stop playing.

im pretty sure i get matched with the worst of th worst of the community thanks to those abandons.
>>
>>378840663
Maybe it's because I play exclusively pos5, but dota doesn't ever really make me feel mad; just empty. And I regularly get fucking livid and bad game design so it's not like I don't have a short fuse.
>>
>>378844020
I have like 10 abandons over almost 2k hours and STILL get matched against loud turkroaches that will feed mid or sit in the jungle if you pick someone they don't like. It happened like 5 times in a row, it's pretty infuriating.
>>
>>378843875
>what killed wc3 custom games was hosting bots flooding the game list
That was AFTER the game was dead from lack of population.
>>
How come 90% of carry players are fucking awful at this game, you can really tell how shit someone is as a support because you focus more on what others are doing, but still, 9 out of 10 carries suck major D
>>
>>378843710
Invoker has always been a top pick.
Sunstrike and Coldsnap is simply too fucking good, and everything else he gets is just a benefit.
Even the Forge Spirits + Coldsnap combo that was OP for like one patch, is just the result of people using the hero as intended.

Then again, half the reason Invoker is such a faggot, are that if he truly gets nerfed, he still has 9 other spells to fall back on.
>>
>>378844020
>>378844145

I have 4k hours and under 10 abandons, where all but 1 were because my internet or computer. There is never a reason to abandon the game, unless your house in on fire or something major happens irl
>>
>>378844134
>just empty
I know that feel man. I usually start games feeling optimistic, but when you lose the fourth teamfight in a row and they push for T3 towers I just start feeling empty and just start fucking around in the menu
>>
>>378838834
To have actual game sense you need over 3k hours minimum, I would say around 5k until you can instinctively tell how any engagement is going to develop and exactly where the enemy is at all times. But you are still only going to be a good player and not a pro, to go pro you need to be talented.
>>
>>378844226
Because you play support, and that means your role in life is to suffer. Constantly. Forever. You are position five, and so you will never be happy.
>>
How does anyone put thousands of hours into anything? Especially one video game?

How is that even possible?

2000 hours is like a year of full-time work.
>>
I've played almost 100 local games against bots to learn some basic mechanics but I'm scared to play with real people because of how bad I am and I heard people get very angry with you for being bad. Wat do?
>>
>>378844226
Because the obvious bad support signs include wasting 60 gold per 4 minutes on observer wards that don't spot jack shit, because they are placed where nobody goes.
>>
>>378844595

People also get angry with you if you are good. Play normal games until you are comfortable for ranked games, then play only ranked.
>>
>>378844590
People have been playing dota for over a decade m8
>>
>>378844316
I didnt abandon on purpose, back then you got instantly an abandon when your computer shut down.
I even played gams where i had already the abandon status if I could.
>>378844145
Its not even that, its just that people obviously dont have any sight of the game or what is happening apart from their lane. Or people who dont realise when were in a good position to actually push or go rosh or something, win a fight, lose no one they lose veryone but 1. team heads back over the river and farms instead of taking objectives. And you tell em, they dont listen or care.
>>
>>378844595
just mute everyone at the start and pretend you are playing with bots
even if you dont mute, people at low ranks rarely communicate at all unless they are smurfing
>>
>>378844595
~2k hours of HoN have taught me that muting blatant shittalkers is the best course of action
The little wortthwhile information they might utter between their senseless, incoherent rages is not worth the distraction
>>
>>378844590
stop being a casual
>>
What's the most fun hero right now and why is is support WR?
>>
>>378844590
just play 10 hours of dota a week for 4 years, it doesnt even require that much dedication
>>
>>378844853
That is why you pick heroes that push good by themselves. I remember picking lycan only for like 20 matches in a row, and basically played PvE against creeps and buildings and bam, out of 2k, into 3k. I don't know if lycan is still viable for that playstyle though.
>>
>>378844642
This is so infuriating to me.
Also : Enemy dewards obvious ward spot, pos 5 runs there, tried to deward again, drops obs first, dies because they waited for her and another obs down the drain.
pos 5 frantically pings and asks why no one helped even tho he/she didnt say a thing.
I WAS ALREADYO N THE WAY WHEN I SAW THEY JUMP YOU BUT I WAS TOO FAR AWAY!
>>
>>378844020
>6k hours
>still at scrub mmr
>>
>>378845186
I know, I know.

But the games still fun to me.

I dont even know what my problem is, probably the extensive weed consuming over the span of 6 years. I havent played a sober game of dota in years, its probably that.
>>
>>378844193
lol no
bots started showing up in 2008. custom games were alive and well at that point - i know because i was playing castle fight with friends during that time, and we all constantly complained about shitty clan hostbots shitting up the games list.
>>
How the fuck can I get out from 2k mmr?
>>
>>378845360
>6000 hours of dota
>6000 hours stoned on weed
not sure which one is worse lmao
but yeah, being stoned kills your reaction time and map awareness, and your decision making turns to shit as well
>>
>>378845486
spam offlane axe/abbadon/LC
spam mid qop/viper/storm/timber
spam safelane slark/morph/razor/jugg
>>
i wish people would drive drunk/high instead of ruining games while drunk/high
>>
>>378845556
Im a giant fucking loser I know.
Still manage to have a gf and hold a job tho. But yeah i started weed with like 20 years or something, havent stopped since. Except on vacation and stuff. Im 29 now btw.
>>
>>378841564
>self taught
AHHAHAHHAHAHA
AAAAHAHHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>378845098
if you are good in low mmr you will dominate no matter what role you play, except maybe some super passive support like wisp who is completely dependent on teammates.

you can pick a strong pushing hero like lycan or lone druid and eat all the enemy towers one after another, then carry the game with your fat stacks of gold from tower kills
you can pick anti mage, outfarm everybody, and carry the game
you can pick pretty much any solo mid, outlane your enemy, and carry the game
you can play a jungler, gank the shit out of their offlane, and carry the game
you can play an aggressive ganking support and roam the map, racking up enough kills for your team to snowball out of control

if you really are a lot more skilled than people who have similar MMR then you can easily win games on your own as nearly every hero and on nearly every position
>>
>>378845703
>has gf
>has job
thats enough to no longer qualify as a loser.
enjoy your weed fueled dota2 binges and your gf - you got a better life than the vast majority of anons here
>>
>>378841126
Eh, now that Twitch is in the mainstream it's another somewhat viable option for pro-gamers to make a living. Granted, you still have to be a top-tier player or a natural-born comedian like Forsen, but the opportunity is there.

Or one could go full circle and become a coach for the next generation of pro-players, perhaps even a caster working for one of the bigger eSports channels. It's not dissimilar from what conventional athletes have done since time immemorial, when they themselves went past their physical prime.
>>
>>378845964
Maybe. Thanks for the kind words tho.
I will spam pudge tonight in your honor. 700 games on him and hes best in my favourite pos now which is 4. Maybe hes my way back to 4k.
>>
im 5.2k but i climbed from 3k dunno if this applies to 2k since i never been there but it probably isnt that different
back then if you want to climb from low mmr you just play splitpush heroes that have escape. low mmr players cant coordinate to catch you and you will eventually take rax while they are busing teamfighting or chasing stray kills. sometimes a lone support tps back then you just fuck him up
if they all tp back then you made space for your team to farm and push
but its been a very long time since i was 3k so not sure if it still works down there.
>>
>>378845454
Game had a decent population back in 2008. So it wasn't a issue.
>>
File: 1496038434779.jpg (313KB, 4685x2457px) Image search: [Google]
1496038434779.jpg
313KB, 4685x2457px
>calibrate WAY back when ranked was sorta new
>get 1.8k because scrub
>fast forward 4 years, never touched ranked after that
>improve my mechanics and memorize shit
>decide to start climbing because I figured I got a lot better in these years
>at least 75% of the games I play I am put up against weirdly good players
>creep pulling, stacking, smoking, body blocking during ganks, attack moving, split pushing, perfect stun locking, playing by the objectives, smart warding and more
What the hell happened, I thought this was the trench
>>
take all the different hour amounts previously mentioned and add them together and then you might be "ok" at the game
>>
>>378847028
Well theres smurfs, theres people who are just talented and knowledge hungry and they have quite the good game sense and skills when they start ranked, they still get low mmr cause games played, hidden mmr and all that.
>>
>>378838834
pro as in international competitor?
many years
pro as in high mmr?
a couple thousand hours
>>
>>378847028
You are low enough that the active players are trying to grind up their MMR.
Also Phone Number only Ranked == Holy shit it bans out shitty people
>>
>>378844595
You are in the same spot as me years ago, just roll with it mate. I'm 5k now.
>>
I know I'm gonna get shit for this but

With LoL the hotkey for locking onto your Champ is Y. I'm too fidgety for me to have free look on, as I move my cursor around on the screen, so it's convenient when I can toggle it on or off whenever needed.

But, god damn, I'm new at Dota 2 and it drives me insane when I'm clicking on screen and there's no hotkey to lock onto my champ.

Is there anyway that I can have a toggle functionality of enabling lock screen on champ at all?
>>
>>378848086
what the fuck
how the fuck can you even function with the camera locked on your hero
>>
File: 1461037018617.jpg (84KB, 770x514px) Image search: [Google]
1461037018617.jpg
84KB, 770x514px
>>378838834
>how long would it take me to go pro with regular practice?
Several years desu senpai
>>
>>378848327
I know quite a few lol players who play with fixed cam.
It boggles my mind how you can play like that.
>>
>>378848327
>>378848419
Well It's not on 24/7.

I'll keep it locked when I'm either just doing basic attacks. I always turn it on and off during weird situations.

Also, in LoL I can just hold and left-click on the map to look around on the map so there's that too.
>>
>>378848365
When does Artour stream again?
>>
>>378848086
You never played RTS mate? Like make groups with ctrl and 1-2 and double press 1.
>>
>>378848927
I have, just was never good with it.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.