[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planing on buying PS4 which one should i get? Ori,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: PlayStation4_g_03.0.jpg (842KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation4_g_03.0.jpg
842KB, 2400x1600px
I'm planing on buying PS4 which one should i get?
Ori, Pro or Slim?
>>
Slim.

PRO is only useful if you got a 4K tv
>>
the cheapest one
>>
>>378825763
Some games do perform better on a pro
>>
>>378825887
Yeah. If your gonna buy one why would you not buy the pro... Resolution is FAR from the only improvement you get.
>>
>>378825689
What ever makes you feel less cucked.
As if
>>
>>378825763
>>378825887
>>378826048

OP here, i don't have a 4k TV.
Is the old game perform better or some of the new game too?
Like nioh, P5, Bloodborne for example.
>>
>>378826289
>Is the old game perform better or some of the new game too?
Old games run better and newer games run better. Nioh for instance has better framerate than the standard ps4
>>
>>378826289
Honestly you have to ask yourself that even if they did, are slight improvements worth the extra hundred?
>>
>>378825879
Agreed, buy the original.
>>
>>378825689
No reason to not go pro.
>>
>>378825689
Wait until e3. A lot of people are expecting a price drop announcement. I cant remember if it was for a slim or pro though.
>>
Is Sony trying to make the dullest looking console ever? The original PS4 model was at least recognizable, the latest one is essentially just a solid gray square now
>>
>>378827092
Well i agree with you.
>>
File: 1452509838545.jpg (116KB, 656x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1452509838545.jpg
116KB, 656x1152px
>>378826387
>Honestly you have to ask yourself that even if they did, are slight improvements worth the extra hundred?

A good question that I asked myself before realizing that the PRO is not nearly as impressive as it's priced tag implies. I am very happy with my Slim. That hundred dollarydoos saved is put towards other games.

Plus, I plan on building a gaming rig at some point and the Pro simply isn't worth its cost for that reason as well.
>>
>>378825689
If you don't want a jet engine don't pick original.
If you're planning to buy for exclusives only, go for Slim. Mostly it's just a resolution improvement on Pro, due to CPU. And knowing Sony, if you want real 4K, you'll be able to buy the remaster on PS5, or it might even feature backwards compability, since the architecture is more PC-like.
>>
>>378825689
slim
pro is a meme
>>
>>378827472
Wait, never heard any news about PS5.
Yes,most of the game that i'm gonna buy on PS4 is exclusives.
>>
>>378827931
>never heard any news about PS5.
That's because nothing was ever told about it. But after PS4 and Xbone, you can see how they will handle next gen consoles. Another reason not to buy consoles on release as well.
>>
Thanks guys, i think i'm gonna go for the SLIM.
>>
>>378825689
Just buy a PRO or you'll regret it in 2-3 years
If you seriously do not care about better performance or visuals on about 50% of games then get a slim - it's much better than the original.
>>
>>378829314
In 3 years there'll be PS5.
>>
>>378826048
But if your going to shell out extra for performance that's just getting a pc.
>>
get a slim

the pro fucking sucks, it doesn't even improve framerate for the games that matter
>>
>>378827092
i like the slim the most
>>
dont even got a ps4 but still got a couple of games lined up.
here hoping a pro price drop at E3.
>>
>>378830169

Already have a PC.
>>
Got a unique take here op, I have personal experience with all three systems.

I own the original. Loud and hot as fuck. Plays games well, never given me trouble. Had it since a few months after launch. If you don't mind a loud hot console buy one refurbished or used.

Friend owns a slim. This shit is so small and quiet. The only time I've ever heard it make noise is when he installs a disc. Very compact system and cheap as hell if you decide you want to buy a system brand new.

My rich friend owns a pro. Games do genuinely look great in 4K I have to admit. System runs loud land hot like the original. Boost mode makes some older unsupported titles run slightly better as well.

My honest opinion is to just buy a slim and play the exclusives. Keep it around until the hardware revision of the ps5. Play the long game when it comes to consoles. You have everything to gain by doing so
>>
>>378833274

Wouldn't the long game be getting the pro?
>>
>>378833274
Bought the Pro. Am I fucked?

Not OP.
>>
>>378833436
Watch some comparisons online. While the pro can get a little loud every now and then, it's much better than the original ps4. But the slim is way better than both in terms of noise, almost completely silent.
I bought a pro because I had some cash to spend and I'm a bit autistic when it comes to gaining a few frames. The pro is fine, but really, I'd recommend getting a slim.
>>
>>378825689
Pro, it'd just $100 more and twice the power.
>>
Whatever you do, wait until after e3.

Although highly unlikely, you never know when price drops hit.
>>
>>378825689
atelier firis runs in 60fps if you get the pro
>>
Scorpio
>>
>>378825887
Barely any. Some games run worse on pro settings than they do on a regular PS4. The pro is shit.

>>378826289
Bloodborne doesn't run better on pro because it is locked at 30fs, and was never patched to do otherwise.

Nioh DOES have better visuals on pro, but only slightly.
>>
>>378834338
Why would anyone who owns a PC buy it?
>>
>>378825689
Why are they so ugly?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.