[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /v/, I want to play New Vegas/Fallout 3 (via TTW) with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: FNV_box_art_(US).jpg (1MB, 1330x1650px) Image search: [Google]
FNV_box_art_(US).jpg
1MB, 1330x1650px
Alright /v/, I want to play New Vegas/Fallout 3 (via TTW) with minimal crashing. I've got steam copies of NV Ultimate, and Fallout 3 GOTY, so I'm not using pirated copies (I don't know if they cause crashes or not). As far as mods go I plan on using TTW, More Perks (and traits/DLC perks), and Perk Every Level (maybe not, I just HATE starting in Goodsprings, and I don't plan on using Alternate Start).

My main question is, should I bother with Jsawyer or Project Nevada? Or just play the game as is on very hard?

tl;dr will TTW, More Perks, and Perk Every Level give me an enjoyable Fallout experience with minimal crashes?

also New Vegas Thread?
>>
File: speccy.png (27KB, 640x422px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
27KB, 640x422px
Also, I know crashes are expected, but I usually can't go more than 30 minutes on New Vegas alone right now before it stops running. And quite a few anons have actually said they can run New Vegas fine.

I'll post my specs in case that is an issue, however I had a worse laptopthan this one before, and it ran New Veagas + TTW absolutely fine.
>>
Project Nevada, WMX, and WMVM are practically required, but remember to get compatibility patches.
>>
>>378825614
Required for TTW? Or in general?

At this point I don't necessarily even care too much about game play changes. I just want to be able to play the game for a solid amount of time.

I got desperate the other night and borrowed my roommates copy of FO4 for PS4, but it won't even install to my hard drive.
>>
>>378825170
I Imagine Perk Every Level would get you overpowered to shit. New Vegas perks are a lot more elaborate than the skill point boosts you have in Fallout 3, so unless you want to be swimming in skill points and gamebreaking perk combos, I'd avoid it.
>>
>>378825959
you become overpowered really quickly either way
>>
>>378825959
True, I also imagine I'll add up exp pretty quickly going to and from.

but with the mods I listed, I should be okay? I would just go ahead and try it but my internet is so shit I'm going to start the download for TTW tonight and hopefully it'll be done when I wake up in the morning.
>>
>>378826339
If PN has some sort of compatibility patch or otherwise states that it is compatible, go for it. Jsawyer just tweaks some variables while PN adds some cool features that you can configure and balance yourself.

See if you can get the 4gb patch working as well, that should help with crashes.
>>
>>378825959
What's really overpowered are those mods that automatically give you important perks just for reaching the required skill threshold

Doing a run with More Perks, Perk Every Level, and Q Skill Perks got me nearly 150 perks by level 50
>>
>>378826587
Does PN cause frequent crashes? An anon said that before when I first started having problems.

I've recently been playing with Jsawyer, UPP, YUP, NVAC and the 4gb launcher.

That's all I had and I was able to play for a constant two hours, no crashes. I got ballsy and added Primary HUD, More Perks, Perk Every Level, and Alternate Start....and I haven't been able to play steady since, even after reverting back to my original mod list.
>>
You should just download a mod that adds sprinting with ap use and play the rest vanilla the first time.
>>
>>378825170
Just don't play TTW, man; it's incompatible with literally 99% of the Nexus, even the important mods like PN and WMX, and JSawyer etc..

Just play the games indivudally.
>>
>>378826868
I wish it was my first time playing it again anon.

Strangely enough, I've always known how New Vegas is notorious for crashing, but up until now I never experienced it, and this is with I'd say 500+ hours over the years.
>>
>>378826938
Also, Project Lazarus and The Animation Project are essential, along with PN and WMX.
>>
>>378826837
Honestly, I have no idea. Troubleshooting crashes is a bit tricky when your load order is an absolute clusterfuck, and last I played my game was full of half uninstalled mods causing weird scripting delays and fucked up geometry stuff. Must've been all that moving the directory across different disks.

Didn't crash once I got the 4gb patch, though. Windows would tell me it had stopped working when I quit the game, but that was about it.
>>
>>378826938
>>378827013
I thought about just trying 3 since I did a clean install while I was at work. I made a thread before work and was told that 3 actually has a lot more issues/crashing than NV, so here I am.

While I'm on the subject, is there an easy fix to getting MO to work with FNVedit? It wouldn't read any of my plugins until I switched back to FOMM.
>>
File: newvegascrash.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
newvegascrash.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>>378827121
I'm not sure what my problem is. As I said, tihs laptop is better than my old one, which ran the game flawlessly with a crash here and there. When it does happen. the game locks up, and I have to alt tab, ctrl alt delete, then end the process. Otherwise it's just a black window.

pic related (not from just now)
>>
>>378827341
That's the thing with computers, there's a lot of variability when it comes to performance and crashes. The best you can do about it, short of formatting a drive or messing around with hardware, is reinstall the game and see if it gets any better.
>>
>>378827579
True, well time for a few dabs and trying to get this masterpiece to work for a solid month or two of playing.

Thanks for all the help anon/everyone in this thread. Think I have a solid idea of what to try now and if it crashes I'll just deal with it. Still leagues better than FO4 in my opinion.
>>
>>378825938
He's full of shit, don't listen to him.
>>
>>378828306
To be perfectly honest, PN doesn't appeal to me right now too much, since I'm on a laptop anyway. I've actually just been using my DS4 controller and playing in bed cus comfy.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.