[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did normies love this stupid shit so much? >$60 for 30

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: nes-classic-edition-box.png (40KB, 394x350px) Image search: [Google]
nes-classic-edition-box.png
40KB, 394x350px
Why did normies love this stupid shit so much?
>$60 for 30 emulated games
Literally just download emulators and run every 20+ year old game for FREE.
>But I want to hook it up to my TV
Okay buy a raspberry pi and put retropie on it.

The NES classic was the biggest pile of nothing in history.
>>
>>378821369
>buy a raspberry pi

The people to whom this thing was marketed would wonder why you're trying to change the subject to raspberry pies when talking about old video game systems. It was never intended for anyone who actually knew their way around an emulator.
>>
>buy a raspberry pi to put emulators on tv

or just get a hdmi cable thats long enough. You can navigate a lot of emulators with controllers.

I use Launchbox/MAME/Dolphin/Demul/psx2/Kegafusion/Mednafen and it covers all my bases.
>>
>>378821369
It's easy. Plug and play and you're done. Most normies aren't going to take the time to emulate or pirate these games. Ever heard of the 20 second rule? If something requires 20 seconds of extra effort, most people won't do it. Fuck, I give up looking for the remote after about that long. I don't understand why you don't understand.
>>
The same could be said of piracy for many consoles. People like simple things. They get scared when you start doing things outside of the norm.
>>
>>378821369
Everything is free if you don't pay.
>>
>>378821509
You're not their target audience.

/thread
>>
>>378821369
>Okay buy a raspberry pi and put retropie on it.
It requires more tech knowledge than your average normie has. These were targeted at older adults who had a nes and have since lost touch with tech I bought my dad one and he loved it or people who want it just for the looks/collectability, nintendo knows that. Anyone who knows how to use an emulator isn't interested, and that's fine they were never the intended audience.
>>
if a SNES Mini comes out, I will buy one, although I have concerns about input lag.

Still, it's harder to justify a framemeister or ossc
>>
because normies dont use roms/emulators
>>
but emulators are illegal
>>
Raspberry Pi don't come with no game manuals
>>
>>378821369
not sure if you've realised by now but anything nintendo makes these days is garbage. that's why people will flock to their old stuff like crazy.
then you gotta remember that all nintendo toys have crazy huge demand because "lol us nerds amirite" get you social bonus points with other fake people.

it's literally the perfect impulse purchase.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.