[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mandela effects in vidya I swear to god rock types were immune

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-095Onix.png (57KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-095Onix.png
57KB, 250x250px
Mandela effects in vidya

I swear to god rock types were immune to electric attacks. When I was younger Brick was actually tough. I had to train a Nardeno until it learned dual kick.
>>
no, you're thinking of ground
>>
>>378820408
A lot of rock Pokemon, especially gen 1, are actually rock/ground so I can see why you thought that OP.
>>
>>378820469
No I knew about ground. Was Ok if ground in gen 1?
>>
Well the anime straight up lies and said Onix couldn't be hurt because it was Rock type.
>>
>>378820817
*onix
>>
That's because there was no pure Rock-type in gen 1, among other weird typing choices. It really was the most broken gen.
>>
>mandela effect
The Mandela effect is a shitty meme generated by people to defend their misrememberings from childhood or earlier in life
>>
>>378820817
The fossil pokemon were the only non ground rock types in gen one
>>
>Nardeno
Not sure if subtly clever or genuinely retarded
>>
Yeah, just how Grass was vulnerable to Psychic attacks, mandela effect in full motion am I right guys?
>>
>>378821364
I personally remember Psychic being effective against anything under the sun.
>>
>>378820408
I keep thinking Gardevoir is part grass type because every gen has some shitty waifubait grass pokemon (Lilligant etc)
>>
>>378821467
Mostly because 90% of gen 1 is half poison
>>
>>378820408
>Brick
>Nardeno
¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
>>
>>378820408
Nigga, Onix and Geodude are rock/ground...
>>
>>378821734
How can a levitating rock be ground?? Take that evolutionists.
>>
>>378820782
This.
>>
>>378820408
rock is definitely invulnerable to elec
so is ground, but also to flying
>>
>>378820408
I always assumed Water was weak to Ice.
>>
File: 1494158490754.jpg (2MB, 867x6091px) Image search: [Google]
1494158490754.jpg
2MB, 867x6091px
Are you sure mandela effect isnt real?
>>
>>378821585
>OP lays the bait on this thick
>still gets people giving serious replies to him
woah... so this... is the power of neo /v/
>>
For a moment I actually thought I'd been a victim of this Mandela shit, as I too thought rock was immune to lightning.

Of course the reason we remember it this way, as everyone ITT pointed out, is because a lot of pokemon from the earlier games were rock/ground and not just rock. Which passes on the electricity immunity and totally explains why we remember it wrong.

Phew.
>>
>>378820919
Well fuck thanks for setting the record straight
>>
For the absolute longest time I thought that ghost was weak to psychic.
Sometimes I still fuck up and think ghost is weak to psychic.
>>
Why do we have to have both rock and ground?
>>
>>378820408
I swear the boronstained bears were actually called baronsteeled boars LOL
>>
>>378825262
IIRC, the only 3 ghost Pokemon in gen 1 were also poison type, so psychic attacks were effective against them.
>>
>>378820408
Almost every Rock type was a Rock/Ground type. The only exceptions were the fossils. As such, nearly every Rock type you might use was immune to Electric, including all of Brock's pokemon.

Geodude, Onix, and Rhyhorn (and their evolved forms) are all Ground-types, and so retain their Electric immunity.

I think the anime also said that Rock was immune to Electric, so it's a common misunderstanding. (Then again, they also had Pikachu take out a Rhyhorn with Thunderbolt.) Hell, the main reason I learn that wasn't true was because I thought my Omastar was Electric-immune, and found out the hard way that it wasn't.

>>378820817
>>378820903
Onix is, and always has been, Rock/Ground. It's Gen 2 evolution, Steelix, is Steel/Ground.
>>
>>378820408
I though that Golduck was part psychic for a long time.
>>
>>378825262
All the Ghosts were Ghost/Poison, and so they were vulnerable to Psychic. Plus, a glitch in the game made Psychic types immune to the one Ghost attack... which was Lick.

>>378826561
To be fair, Psyduck/Golduck's gimmick was having psychic powers. It's well known for learning Confusion and Psychic. If you'd not used it, I'm not surprised that you didn't know it was pure Water.
>>
>>378822857
>trump is john titor
that image was a hell of a ride
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.