[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been away from /v/ for awhile, what's the current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Prey_box_shot.jpg (762KB, 1527x2178px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_box_shot.jpg
762KB, 1527x2178px
I've been away from /v/ for awhile, what's the current opinion on prey?
>>
>>378817794
I think it is fun, but there is a bit of a hump to get over.
>>
>>378817794
I'm in the same boat as OP. Went without any internet for a month, and want to know if this is any good. I loved the first one for what that's worth.
>>
>>378817794
Dishonored in space basically. No relation to the first game whatsoever.
>>
>>378817794
Does it matter? What's YOUR opinion on it?
>>
>>378818047
Its nothing like the first game, save for a few gravity tricks here and there.
>>
File: IMG_1452.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1452.png
2MB, 1334x750px
The enemy variety is shit.
>>
>>378818267
I haven't played it, I don't have an opinion on it. That's why I'm asking.
>>
its good. plays like system shock-esque
>>
>>378817794
It's really good but drops the ball once it's revealed it's all a simulation and the first day was a simulation in your simulation.
>>
It's the closest thing I've seen to a proper deus ex sequel in almost 2 decades.
>>
>>378818267
Fucking hell, I can't read.

I liked though there is a part that feels like a filler episode and is there just to extend the game needlessly. That part didn't have enough foreshadowing either.

Fantastic atmosphere. Gameplay was satisfying enough
>>
>>378818310
did you know: joey is a registered sex offender
>>
>>378817794
rushed, wasted potential
still a 6.5/10 at worst, 8 at best
wait for a sale, it already flopped, you can't save it

v would be all over it if it weren't for the title
I personally enjoyed it a great deal despite the flaws, but who cares about that
>>
>>378817794
honestly solid

not a fan of the dishonored faces and constant text logs but the gameplay is top notch and surprisingly non-casualized. pretty shocked at the lack of coddling

game might've been a masterpiece with another year of development. as it stands it feels slightly rushed.
>>
>>378818178
Biosystemhonoredshock in SPESS. Pretty fun. It's like the aftermath of a 'ling coming around and fucking everyone's shit in Space Station 13. The gameplay is fun, the aesthetic is really nice, you learn a lot about the setting and the different people on the station from emails and audiologs, the different plasmi- I mean neuromods are fun to use, and FemYu is a qt. What's not to love?

I really hope it gets a sequel as once you're off the station it ends with a sequel hook.
>>
System Shock Lite
>>
>>378817794
first half is great. enemies are fast, can teleport, and feel like a genuine threat until you upgrade the shotgun and learn how to dance around their attacks. by the time the military bots come in you can tell how rushed it is and you can just run past all the enemies even though you'll be overpowered anyway.

cool crafting system
zero G sections are unsurprisingly awful.
expect the usual bioshock cliches, text/audio logs conviently recorded just before a person dies, etc.
>>
anyone else see this game becoming the next "/v/ game"?

ie. stalker new vegas etc. etc.
>>
>>378818310
It's really not that bad. It's not amazing, but the enemy types are very distinct from one another, along with more variation with elemental phantoms. Plus, they enemies aren't exactly dense enough to necessitate a large variety of enemies.
>>
>>378818879
i dont mind the zero G sections

disorienting challenging and fun

feels fresh to me but ymmv
>>
>>378817794
It's all a simulation. Basically you play as an alien learning what's like to be human or some such shit. That's wot I heard atleast
>>
>>378818310
WOOWOOWOOWOO
>>
Flopped so hard Arkane's going out of business.
>>
>>378817794
I think the enemy design is a great example of how consoles are holding back game design in certain aspects. The enemies are a lot more of a pain in the ass early on if you aren't using keyboard and mouse.
>>
File: IMG_1109.jpg (67KB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1109.jpg
67KB, 600x361px
>>378818310
Awoowoowoowoo! Woowoowooo! Awoowooowoooooo!
>>
File: IMG_1223.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1223.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>378818985
It's pretty fucking bad bro. They are all generic black inky blobs. And there's only like 3 types, the facehugger ripoffs, the humanoids, and the floating psychic blobs.
>>
>>378818047
Arkane made a new game and Bethesda asked if they could slap the Prey label on it. There's no connection
>>
>>378819889
There are two tiers of mimmics, 4 different versions of Phantoms with varied elemental attacks, the invisible poltergeists, Weavers, Cysts and their nests, Telepaths and Technopaths, corrupted and military Operators, and the Nightmare
Not amazing enemy variety, but not that bad either, you're just judging by the visual design instead of their mechanics
>>
File: IMG_1078.jpg (68KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1078.jpg
68KB, 600x525px
>>378820465
>two tiers of mimics
Oh one deals more damage and has more health so creative haha.
>4 different phantoms
The ethereal is the only one that acts different. Fire and electric phantoms literally have the same attacks.
>poltergeist
Shitty enemies.
>weavers
Shitty enemies.
>cysts
Annoying filler enemies.
>telepaths and technopaths
Boring enemies that kill you in two hits.
>operators
Boring and stupid especially the military ones.
>Nightmare
Muh nemesis.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.