[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>o-our game isn't for casuals we swear >it'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0611.jpg (155KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0611.jpg
155KB, 960x540px
>o-our game isn't for casuals we swear
>it's not brain dead we promise
https://youtu.be/ZBqvVz8HW8A
>>
File: 1496020321143.jpg (42KB, 483x651px) Image search: [Google]
1496020321143.jpg
42KB, 483x651px
>>378807601
But that just makes Casuals into Professionals!

Dark Souls becomes so easy when you play aggressively.
>>
>>378807987
No it doesn't. Dark souls isn't a very hard game but it does punish greed. I find it funny because it's a gate way for the super ultra casuals that couldn't beat Demoms and Dark souls in
>>
>>378808232
Dark Souls doesn't punish greed at all.

It punishes stupid players.
>>
File: 1496177762845.jpg (15KB, 460x423px) Image search: [Google]
1496177762845.jpg
15KB, 460x423px
i liek dark souls
>>
What a fucking disgusting video, I miss the old times of the Ninja Gaiden trilogy holy shit.
>>
The video is not wrong.
>>
>>378808425
No, if I spam r1 on a boss and try to dodge at the last second like in Bloodborne I'm going to get fucked
>>
>>378808685
You can always dodge last second though, depends on your Iframes and Direction.
>>
>>378809287
I know, but Bloodborne seems to be tailored to this. It's fine, I see the appeal of a fast paced almost anime like fight, but it is easier
>>
>>378807601
Funny thing is thats the exact opposite of how pvp works in these games, you punish aggressiveness and focus on reactive playing.
>>
>>378808598
It is wrong tho. Dark Souls can be played aggressively, but you're not rewarded for doing so. Dark Souls rewards you for observing your surroundings, your enemy patterns and then learning opportune moments to strike. It's much rarer in the souls series to go into a boss blind, play extremely aggressively and beat it its first time, unlike Bloodborne. Bloodborne rewards aggression due to the parry mechanics, rally mechaincs, trick weapon mechanics, dodging mechanics, lack of poise, and the overall speed of your character. Bloodborne is a fast paced game due to said mechanics, and how the bosses are made.

Dark Souls has armor types, giant weapons, poise, and is generally slower paced because of the bosses wide swings, delayed attacks and general sluggish movement. Yes, in the series there are acceptions like Artorious, Laurence, Sir Allone and whatever, butt hey're meant to be like that. They're suppose to flip around what the game has been teaching you the entire time, which explains why they're all DLC and typically late game encounters. Dark Souls 3 is probably the closest between Demons to DaS3 that rewards aggression in a way, but DaS3 in itself is some weird half-breed between Bloodborne and DaS1 anyway.
>>
>>378809538
Yeah it is easier but I don't know about permitting "casuals" or whatever, standard laid back players?

I mean NG+ is more of a bitch in BB then any other game in the series. I guess it's whatever.
>>
>>378809731
Dark Souls III is a game that I both hate and love.

I mean, it's so fucking terrible and it doesn't know what it is. But on the other hand it's pretty great in other aspects.

What the fuck is wrong with DSIII? Anybody?
>>
>>378809930
Its the third game in a series that took the gaming world by storm. There was no way in hell it was going to reach your standards of what it should be.
>>
>>378807601
Who is this faggot and why does he literally not understand DaS and DeS philosophy?

Also I am finally playing BB and you fuckers lied. Tons of enemies have the same retarded tracking in every other souls game. Great game otherwise tho
>>
>>378809737
I guess I'm complaining about people too stupid to beat a game that doesn't completely hold your hand I guess
>>
>>378807601
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>378809930
It tried to take the "best" of both Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne, without sitting down and thinking about what made those two games so beloved in the first place. As well as not really thinking if these two things blend together well in the first place, and because of it. it doesnt really have its own identity.
>>
I don't agree with this guy at all. Bloodborne is its own game with its own mechanics that are very different to the rest of the souls games. He's also basically saying, "you should play souls game THIS way or you're not having fun" which is just retarded and I've heard this kind of argument from other retards as well. People are free to play however they like and still enjoy things.
>>
>>378807601
This video is right if your objective when developing a game is profit.
>>
>>378809930
It wanted to be BB-lite which was a mistake, the entire point of BB was to be fast and agressive, DeS and DaS entire point was playing many different classes across different playthroughs taking different routs and approaches to the same levels.

It ignores 2 things DaS1 did great which was freedom in level progression and variety of magics and weapons to use, instead we got a PvP focus. Builds are still there but they were too focused on balance instead of fun, something DeS did right.
>>
>>378810705
What if your objective is to be good?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.