[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> played this to death as a kid > over 250 hours on save

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 37

File: Japanese_Cover_Art_KHIIFM.png (638KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese_Cover_Art_KHIIFM.png
638KB, 500x711px
> played this to death as a kid
> over 250 hours on save file
> max level everything, every synthesis item made, 100% completion
fast forward to 2016
> start replaying series on HD collection
> KH1 is every bit as good as I remember it, so many moving parts that clicked
> KH Re:COM was significantly easier for me to understand and was more enjoyable overall
> finally get to replaying pic related
Holy fuck did they miss so many opportunities with this game.
> World-inclusive stories are completely banal for more than half the game and usually don't feature Sora and the gang in any significant role
> all elements of platforming and exploration are now gone because every treasure chest is in an obvious location
> level design is mostly empty hallways with little-to-no verticality whatsoever
> Agrabah is a total waste of time
> Land of Dragons is a total waste of time
> Halloween Town is a total waste of time AND they made Jack the least likable character in the entire game
> Pride Lands is a total waste of time AND has a retarded gimmick that uproots the entire combat system for fursona bullshit
> Port Royal has a brilliant idea to switch up combat but is otherwise completely jarring artistically, with mail-order voice actors to cap it off
> Atlantica

This game does so many things right, especially when it comes to the end-game of Critical Mode (Data Battles, Cave of Remembrance, Lingering Will), but for 50% of this game it's almost like they forgot why the original was fun. Why is this seen as the best in the series? It's such an inconsistent experience.
>>
KHII wouldn't work in KH1 levels.

Those tiny, cramped rooms.
Sora's movement abilities render "platforming" a non-issue. Even Cavern of Remembrance isn't REALLY platforming.
Rooms would have to be way too big to provide proper platforming challenges for Sora, PS2 can't do that shit.

Not that KH really ever needed platforming to begin with, or that it ever delivered on the idea competently.

KHII is an action-RPG in the truest sense. Its focus is on the action, and the action is good. It's tight, it's fun, it's challenging, and it doesn't get old. That's why it's the best.
>>
>>378805298
fpbp
>>
>>378805298
>Not that KH really ever needed platforming to begin with, or that it ever delivered on the idea competently.
This. It was a nice idea, but poorly handled.
>>
>>378805298

Combat and the music are really the only redeeming features
>>
>>378805298
>kh2
>best
>>
>>378803938

I only played the original KH1 and KH2 on PS2. Is there any reason to play the updated versions of those games and what else should I play? The series is confusing.
>>
File: 1492214056140.jpg (375KB, 792x2016px) Image search: [Google]
1492214056140.jpg
375KB, 792x2016px
>>378806264
Final Mix versions include new content. Items, cutscenes, difficulties, abilities, bosses, etc.

Every title is a main title, so if you want to be all caught up for KHIII, you'll have to play the whole series.
>>
>>378806264
>play the updated ones?
Sure. They're the Final Mix versions, and add more content.
>what else should I play?
Not sure, but the consensus seems to be: Birth By Sleep > Re: Chain of Memories > Dream Drop Distance > 358/2 Days > Re:Coded
>>
>>378805298
>>378805539
>>378805861
That was well said and cogent. Thanks for the quick response. Legitimately made me reconsider why I was upset about things that I guess weren't "pertinent" to the goals of the game.

I do miss the platforming though. It was clunky but actually exploring the environments gave a lot of cool moments. You can't find secrets in interacting with objects like bookshelves anymore either. It doesn't feel very RPGish.

The goals of the combat are to take on the end-game content with an effectively maximum level. that feels more like hack n slash than action-rpg.
>>
>>378806171
Yes it is the best KH game.
>>
>>378806772
No it isnt
>>
>>378806803
Well what is the best, smart guy
>>
>>378806617
>You can't find secrets in interacting with objects like bookshelves anymore either. It doesn't feel very RPGish.
Maybe it's just me, but this always felt like more of an adventure game motif.

KH1 was a strange, experimental hodge-podge of many different ideas. You can tell nobody knew exactly what KH was supposed to be.
KHII chose to cut the fat and do one thing very well, instead of many things only adequately.
>>
>>378806171
Yes it is my Negroid friend.
>>
>>378803938
>Mail order voice actors
Don't shit talk James Arnold Taylor, faggot
>>
>>378806880
Kh2 Final Mix of course.
>>
>>378807065
You're right, that specifically is very adventure-derivative. There was just a certain care in the crafting of the worlds before that I miss. KH1 is experimental and I believe it gave sort of an off-kilter vibe throughout that suited it well as it is literally a crossover series that is in a weird middle point between giants (and it seems to really respect its origins)

KH2 combat is unreal good. I'd reckon it's maybe the most focused modern ARPG ever in that sense. But that said, they put all their eggs into a basket that was not perfect. The magic system comes to mind as something that was working decently well and got neutered. Although in the context of it being an action-focused game and not an RPG like experience at its "peak" moments in the end game, it is more excusable. But Drive Forms were at a point indistinguishable, some abilities were actuall harmful to have activated, etc. It isn't perfect which is a shame considering how many of the "maybe"-elements they cut from KH1 in the process of refining it
>>
>>378806880
>inb4BbS
>>
>>378807451
his worst role of all time by far. Port Royal was a fundmental mistake from top to bottom
>>
File: 1468725703301.png (142KB, 390x406px) Image search: [Google]
1468725703301.png
142KB, 390x406px
>>378807484
You didn't honestly think we were talking about vanilla, did you?
>>
>>378807815
>>378807484
>>378806171
KH2 without the post-game content that FM provides is one of the emptiest experiences I can imagine. I have no idea how I got through it as a youngin
>>
>>378807684
And that's all true. But the fact is that 1's experimentation left us with some questionable level designs. Atlantica and Monstro come to mind.
>>
>>378808093
I would argue nearly all of KH1's worlds are ultimately a failure.

Traverse Town and Hollow Bastion are the only worlds that truly take advantage of what KH1 had set out to be.
>>
>>378807708
thats one thing ive never understood is how anyone can claim something other than 1 or 2 is best
I might not agree but can understand why someone might prefer 1 over 2 because its different compared to all the others with its more adventurish tidbits but every game since 2 has just been 2 watered down to fit handhelds except for RE:CoM which was reversed and not as good as regular gba CoM imo
I like BBS and DDD and dont even hate 358 but they are are inferior to KH2
>>
>>378803938
>>378805298

Samefag.

What happened is that you replayed the game with the hivemind opinion that it's bad unlike as a kid when you only had an open mind. Most of your complaints are so subjective and point not to design faults but are simply taste disagreement.
>>
>>378805298
>Push triangle to win.
>Best combat.
>>
>>378808227
sometimes I wonder how good the series could've been as a FF side story without any Disney connection. Traverse Town and Hollow Bastion are so, so good

they're already heading down that road regardless

fucking Nomura
>>
File: 1395022111562.jpg (38KB, 324x454px) Image search: [Google]
1395022111562.jpg
38KB, 324x454px
>>378808332
>Samefag.

>>378808392
t. never actually played KHII
>>
>/v/ likes kingdom hearts 2 over 1
>/v/ likes kingdom hearts at all
I hate neo /v/
>>
>>378808332
I'm OP but not FP. you can see my other posts here:
>>378806617
>>378807684
>>378807775
>>378808394
I don't think it's fair to reduce my viewpoint down to that. I absolutely adore this series and only criticize it as much as I do because I love it.
>>
>>378808484
you sound like some dusty faggot that loves Xenogears
>>
>>378808631
I do like Xenogears. That one part in the final dungeon was absolute dogshit though
>>
>>378803938
i replayed through kingdom hearts 1 on the ps4 recently, and i don't know if the 60fps made me feel different, but i really enjoyed the platforming in the game. once you get high jump everything feels pretty good.

i always thought that KH2 had less platforming because they focused more on the combat.
>>
>>378803938
Agreed about everything except Port Royal, making enemies conditionally invincible is annoying as fuck.

When it first released KH2 was a pretty big disappointment for me, fun game but did a lot of things wrong. People look back on it more fondly now because the Final Mix version improved the gameplay so much.

I'm hoping that KH3 will learn from KH2's mistakes. It can't salvage the main story at this point, but it could at least improve on the level design and the scenario plots.
>>
>>378808332
>What happened is that you replayed the game with the hivemind opinion that it's bad unlike as a kid when you only had an open mind
/v/ in a fucking nutshell.

>everybody agrees that this characters personality is well fleshed out and the only good character in the game!

>oh no this combat has very deep mechanics, this is how games should be

its shit like that that really makes me hate /v/ opinions on a looot of fucking shit. there is almost nobody that can defend their own opinion, everybody sides with the "hivemind" opinion of things and in result everybody has the same fucking opinion on everything.
>>
>>378809772
honest question, are you retarded? I have backed my opinions up in every single post in this thread. I'm in the process of writing an hour+ long video breakdown of this game.
>>
File: 1483619781973.jpg (56KB, 576x418px) Image search: [Google]
1483619781973.jpg
56KB, 576x418px
I feel like I'm the only person that enjoys the gummi ship stuff.
>>
>>378809896
>are you retarded?
are you? i'm talking about /v/ in general not your faggot ass
>>
>>378809958
It's shit in 1 but tight as hell in II
>>
>Replaying KH1 again, this time on Proud mode
>Picked shield, dropped sword
>Feels like I'm playing on normal, haven't died once yet (Losing to Leon doesn't count :^) )
>Managed to beat Cerberus without Cure, and just opened Pooh's book
>>
>>378803938
>>378807684
Who cares about the story

Environmental interaction and the level design was changed to fit the action-focused gameplay. You might prefer the more exploration-based gameplay of the first game, but those kind of levels would massively get in the way of the gameplay in 2. Granted KH2 went too far in the opposite direction a lot of the time, but the Cavern of Remembrance in FM adds the platforming and environmental interaction back in, and does it as good or better than anything in KH1.

FM adds secret Mushroom heartless challenges that encourage revisiting worlds and collectibles that require platforming to obtain.

You can turn auto-limit off, and you always have the opportunity to before you have to fight with any given party member

The magic system does the opposite of what you're saying, it encourages you to use as much of your MP as you can and then save the last bit for Cure or a Limit, since you get way more value out of your MP that way. If you never use magic except to Cure, you're wasting 99% of your MP bar, since you only need a single point to cast Cure.

Tech points are neat at first but they lose relevance relatively quickly, especially as you go up in level (and they have no relevance at all if you're playing with No Experience on). In KH2, you can still do all the cool things that would reward you with tech points in KH1, but in 2 you often get a RC for it, and those are relevant no matter what.

Dodge roll is in FM.

Guard in 2 is extremely powerful, way moreso than in KH1. "Satsifying" is completely subjective, but personally I think guarding Xemnas' dancing combo attack or Terra's ultimate move is infinitely more satisfying than anything in KH1.

Finishers are nothing compared to how powerful some magic combos, limits, and summons can be.

tl;dr: everything you said in every category that matters is wrong.
>>
>>378810086
Yeah, Shield is the ez mode. But the main "problem" is that it's way slower than the others, you're less likely to die but you also take longer to kill. So it's only useful for new players or if you really want that early Lucky Strike/.
>>
Kingdom Hearts is the only game worth playing. The rest are trash.
>>
>>378810074
>>378809958
> Those three F-Zero inspired gummi paths near Agrabah, Halloween Town, and Pride Lands
> the Star Wars-esque mission before the return to Twilight Town
some really, really good shit in 2
>>
>>378810109
>Dodge Roll is in FM
That reminds me, what happens to the dodge you get for leveling Wisdom Form in FM? Is Dodge Roll a different button or something?
>>
>>378803938
All the things you disliked were thing I like. Platforming is less fun than combat. KH to me is just an excuse to get to the combat anything that gets in the way of that is a negative to me.
>>
>>378810252
Dash is holding down, roll is tapping.
>>
>>378803938
Not sure but that box art sure is pretty.
>>
>>378810086
i picked rod and dropped sword i think. i used magic like a motherfucker in that game. felt so good using graviga on an enemy, quickly locking to another enemy, using graviga, quickly locking to another enemy, using graviga. i liked the magic a lot in kh1. its not bad at all in kh2 either.
>>
>>378810074
I actually like it in 1. I enjoy customizing my ship. Sure the tutorial is pretty bad at really telling you how to use it, and it's incredibly confusing, but I dunno.

Also, when I beat Kingdom Hearts 1, should I go in the 1.5+2.5 order that's Re:CoM and Days, and then KH2? Is Re:CoM any good? The card system always turned me off. Is it at least explained well?
>>
>>378810332
I think the transparent backs turned Sora and Riku looks clumsy. If they removed that it would be perfect
>>
>>378808332
>What happened is that you replayed the game with the hivemind opinion that it's bad

u wot, /v/ pretty overwhelmingly sucks KH2's dick
>>
>>378809958
I loved the customization but hated the actual gummi sections in 1, vice versa for 2.
>>
File: North_American_Cover_Art_RECOM.png (350KB, 423x599px) Image search: [Google]
North_American_Cover_Art_RECOM.png
350KB, 423x599px
>>378810485
It's actually the cover art for Re:Chain of Memories, which was packed in with KHIIFM+.
>>
>>378810453
Go in release order.
As far as 1.5+2.5 is concerned, the only change you need to make is watching Days after KHII.

So Re:CoM->KHII->Days->BbS->Re:coded

Re:CoM is good, but the card gameplay is divisive as you know. Give it a fair shake, at the very least.
And if you really can't deal with the gameplay, watch the cutscenes on YouTube. The story in CoM is one of the best of the series, and most of the later games will make reference to CoM in some way.
>>
File: SquareWave.gif (5KB, 600x178px) Image search: [Google]
SquareWave.gif
5KB, 600x178px
>>378810109
You really have no basis for 90% of your points, as expected.
>Environmental interaction and the level design was changed to fit the action-focused gameplay. You might prefer the more exploration-based gameplay of the first game, but those kind of levels would massively get in the way of the gameplay in 2. Granted KH2 went too far in the opposite direction a lot of the time
obviously, I'm saying I disagree with the direction
but the Cavern of Remembrance in FM adds the platforming and environmental interaction back in
I literally acknowledge this
> and does it as good or better than anything in KH1.
completely incorrect, there is nothing to the degree of Hollow Bastion or even close in CoR
> FM adds secret Mushroom heartless challenges that encourage revisiting worlds and collectibles that require platforming to obtain.
Mushroom challenges are minigames and calling the emblems "platforming" is a total joke, you just need the right Form ability.
> You can turn auto-limit off
> Dodge roll is in FM.
>Guard in 2 is extremely powerful, way moreso than in KH1. "Satsifying" is completely subjective, but personally I think guarding Xemnas' dancing combo attack or Terra's ultimate move is infinitely more satisfying than anything in KH1.
> Tech points are neat at first but they lose relevance relatively quickly,
>Finishers are nothing compared to how powerful some magic combos, limits, and summons can be.
I never brought up a single one of these. It's all pretty obvious information. I have no problem with 90%+ of the combat system.
> The magic system does the opposite of what you're saying, it encourages you to use as much of your MP as you can and then save the last bit for Cure or a Limit
Yes but I disagree that this is not broken. Magic is a spectacle and a powerful option for combat, and it isn't a reliable strategy. See pic related for a graph of when magic is usable in KH2. That's busted and not fun.
>>
File: NKoXdEj.jpg (300KB, 600x652px) Image search: [Google]
NKoXdEj.jpg
300KB, 600x652px
>>378805298
>>378806063
Post your favorite theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IaoABxFf_Y
>>
>>378811038
>Yes but I disagree that this is not broken. Magic is a spectacle and a powerful option for combat, and it isn't a reliable strategy. See pic related for a graph of when magic is usable in KH2. That's busted and not fun.
Elaborate
>>
File: 4851753-0716947971-tumbl[1].gif (991KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
4851753-0716947971-tumbl[1].gif
991KB, 500x281px
What was your first reaction to this scene?
>>
>>378806460

>>there is a KH 2.5 and 2.8

jesus this series
>>
>>378811276
>WHY THE FUCK IS SORA TAKING DAMAGE I'M SPAMMING TRIANGLE AAAAHHHHHH
Pretty much that.
>>
>>378811357
Too many games for one HD collection
>>
>>378811276
gay
>>
>>378811038
>completely incorrect, there is nothing to the degree of Hollow Bastion or even close in CoR
so you like garbage? mkay.

>Yes but I disagree that this is not broken.
i agree with him. magic is always reliable in KH2. magic flows perfectly into combos. magic is obviously different in kh2, but it is just as good.
>>
>>378811526
>>>/reddt/
>>
>>378811276
awesome badass final fuckery shit
>>
File: woolieandwillsmith.png (188KB, 565x308px) Image search: [Google]
woolieandwillsmith.png
188KB, 565x308px
>>378811409
>WHY THE FUCK IS SORA TAKING DAMAGE I'M SPAMMING TRIANGLE AAAAHHHHHH
But Riku took the damage for me
>>
File: ayy.jpg (12KB, 160x192px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
12KB, 160x192px
>>378811276
>>
>>378803938
What is the most simple and easiest RPG game ever?

Is that I hate difficult video games.

And look for RPG's games that are super easy, super simple and without difficulty
>>
>>378811720
Pokemon
>>
>>378811720
pokemon
>>
KH1 is fucking trash and 2's gameplay shits all over it
>>
>>378811720
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
>>
>>378811827
KH1's combat is the most fulfilling and difficult to master
>>
>>378805298

While it might not have needed platforming, the level design is just awful in 2. It's so boxed in, with very little elevation/dimensions, not much to do. The combat is indeed the focus, but the combat can benefit from better level design.
>>
>>378811762
>>378811809
What is the most easiest pokemon game of all?

I want everything to be easy and without challenge

>>378811834

Is there something even easier than Mystic Quest?
>>
File: KH1.5 LOGO.png (92KB, 408x267px) Image search: [Google]
KH1.5 LOGO.png
92KB, 408x267px
>>378811191
look at the square wave. the magic system prioritizes using most of your magic and then emptying it with a Cure. Cure sends your MP bar into a 15-30 second cooldown, which then gets used up within a minute of refilling, if not immediately again for Cure depending on how much you suck. You can only actively use magic for roughly half of all fights in distinct, segmented on-off sections, just like that graph. i don't see how that is the indicator of a system that works.
>>378811526
please explain to me how magic "flows perfectly into combos" when you can't use magic for half of every fucking fight
>>
>>378812061
Anything Gen 6 and up, but they're not really that great. Give Sun/Moon a shot, it's the most hand-holdy.
>>
>>378811720
Mystic Quest, Dragon Warrior III for GBC
>>
>>378803938
>Worlds are shit
Yep.
>level design sucks and consists of just walking forward to watch the next cutscene
Yep.
>Agrabah sucks more than ever
Yep.
>Land of Dragons is complete ass
Yep.
>Christmas Town a shit
Yep.
>Pride Lands is literally just running around doing nothing
Yep.
>Port Royal tries something new but is ultimately not a great level
Yep.
>Atlantica
YEP. This game sucks from a level design standpoint. The only reason people go crazy over it is because of Drive Forms and optional bosses.
>>
>>378812157
>>378812196

Well, I hate turn-based fighting.

I prefer games that are totally direct, with real-time combat, and super easy and without anything difficult
>>
>>378812115
>when you can't use magic for half of every fucking fight
the fuck does that mean?
>>
>>378809958
Anything gummi in 1 is forgettable and shitty
Everything gummi in 2 is god tier and could easily stand alone as it's own $5.99 psn game
>>
>>378812347
Final Fantasy Adventure (it's the prequel to Secret of Mana)
Ys I & II
Sword of Mana for GBA
>>
>>378812347
Try Yokai Watch, the battles literally play themselves.
>>
File: bravelydefault.png (2MB, 1040x955px) Image search: [Google]
bravelydefault.png
2MB, 1040x955px
>>378811720
>And look for RPG's games that are super easy, super simple and without difficulty
Best JRPG in years. The core mechanics are simple and easy to get into, and there's a difficulty slider. Stay away from the sequel though
>>
>>378812285
nope, go fuck yourself.

kingdom hearts 2 had great environments of the worlds, with perfect music to go along with the area.
>>
>>378812409
Not that Anon, but they're saying that since Cure uses all of your magic, you won't get to use it for a significant portion of fights.
>>
>>378812409
read the other half of the post.
>>
>>378812115
Use Ethers you shit. They cut MP Charge in half, or replenish full MP before Charge.

But MP Charge can be desirable because it boosts Drive accumulation, and triggers Berserk Charge for an endless combo.

KHII's MP system encourages liberal use of magic, and makes items (use a Potion instead of wasting MP on a Cure, use Ethers to stay out of MP Charge) actually useful.

Magic flows into and out of combos by being a part of a combo itself. Magic can combo now. So you can attack, Fire, attack, and it's seamless.
>>
File: IMG_8024.jpg (62KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8024.jpg
62KB, 700x700px
>>378811276
>>
>>378811975
About as difficult as the type chart for Pokemon.
>>
>>378811409
this
didn't know you were supposed to hit both buttons
>>
>>378812653
Don't forget Drive Forms, Stitch, and MP Rage to recover MP before MP Charge too.

There's a lot of options to recover MP in KH2.
>>
>>378812508
>>378812510

I want RPG's much more direct.

I look for RPG games that are totally linear.

I do not want to get lost on a very big map.

I'm looking for something that is 100% linear.

That is super easy, super simple, and without difficulty or challenge
>>
>>378812115
Why is it that everyone who tries to shit on KH2 sucks at the game
>>
>>378812557
OP here, you must be 12 years old. The music is good but the levels are garbage except for Twilight Town, TWTNW, Radiant Garden, Timeless River, Beast's Castle, and Space Paranoids (which is still fucking empty, it's just cool to look at)

how could you possibly be engaged by any of these levels when they are just barren hallways
>>
>>378812557
>kingdom hearts 2 had great environments of the worlds
Most of the worlds have absolutely nothing going on, dude. Go back to the Land of Dragons, seriously. A whole lot of nothing. Same goes for the Pride Lands. Port Royal was, by far, the most interesting stage, and that's not saying much. PR, Radiant Garden, and Twilight Town, and The World That Never Was are really the only worlds worth mentioning.

Doesn't help that you have to revisit a bunch of these worlds for virtually no reason but an Organization XIII fight.

If you want to talk about music, KH1 has it better across the board. Monstro and Hallow Bastion have the best tracks of the Worlds overall.

>>378813005
I actually forgot Timeless River. That was a nice level.
>>
>>378812612
thats why you use it strategically. if your fighting a bunch of dancers and want to play it safe, then thunder is great to use mid combo or magnet. if you just keep tapping magnet magnet then you're not using it right and you will lose your mp faster. you can also use ethers and there are obviously abilties to make it go down faster. and like the other guy said, if you have a bit of MP left, it's probably best to save it when you really need it for a cure. like dont you fucking know this you retard.

in kingdom hearts 1 magic is there for you nearly all the time. there is that little bar that fills up every time you hit enemies. the only time where it is strategically useful is when you're fighting bosses like ansem, where you have to manage your aerogas, try to get that hit in for that extra MP so you can cure, etc. like i said, they are both different, but KH2 is fine
>>
File: IMG_7699.jpg (85KB, 750x845px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7699.jpg
85KB, 750x845px
>>378812978
wow stop posting anytime
>>
>>378812542
I hate hard games.

And it has to be an RPG's so easy that even a small child can pass it without any problem or grinding
>>
File: Kingdom-Hearts-HD-2.8.jpg (162KB, 638x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom-Hearts-HD-2.8.jpg
162KB, 638x800px
>>378813085
For good music and level design, play this game. For good gameplay, play KH2FM.
>>
>>378812978
I'd say Final Fantasy X, but you mentioned not liking turn-based battles.
13, maybe?
>>
>>378813218
I hope you aren't recommending DDD
>>
>>378811038
>>378812115
I think KH2's system was an attempt to fix KH1's cure spam. The problem is that MP Haste only works when the bar is recharging. In KH1 you could just wail on enemies and refill your MP relatively quickly, regardless of how much or how little you had left. It was a bit more dynamic, I'd say.
>>
>>378812653
>the system isn't broken, you just have to use items to fix it!!
are you serious?
> But MP Charge can be desirable because it boosts Drive accumulation, and triggers Berserk Charge for an endless combo.
MP Charge is pretty much negligible. Berserk Charge is broken because it doesn't work on bosses at all because of Revenge Values.
> KHII's MP system encourages liberal use of magic, and makes items (use a Potion instead of wasting MP on a Cure, use Ethers to stay out of MP Charge) actually useful.
This does actually increase the value of items a fair bit, which maybe does increase balance in that regard. I hadn't considered that. But I do not think a boundless combat system should be dictated by finite curatives
> Magic flows into and out of combos by being a part of a combo itself. Magic can combo now. So you can attack, Fire, attack, and it's seamless.
And it's fucking awesome. Until you run out of magic and begin the waiting game again.
>>
>>378813274
DDD's platforming and soundtrack are the best in the series.
>>
>>378813085
Also, Atlantica had great tracks as well. Actually my overall favorite stage in KH1. That battle theme was frantic and funky at the same time.
>>
>>378813148
>>378813270

I'm just looking for a rpg game for me

I'm looking for a super easy RPG

without difficulty

Without grinding

Where everything is super sincillo.

With real-time combat.

No challenges

That is completely linear and without exploration
>>
>>378813352
>>378813218
>DDD
You want me to watch a bunch of cutscenes, m8?
>>
>>378813270
Are you fucking trolling? why would you pick the 2 worst games in the franchise?
>>
>>378813005>>378813085

Again with the number 12. Grow the fuck up you piece of shit. All of those worlds in comparison to the worlds you mentioned except for the obvious (like Atlantica, which is still a nice looking area with great music) are the same fucking thing in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't matter if they are "empty". The environments capture the worlds vibe perfectly. Such as 100 Acre Wood.

>how could you possibly be engaged by any of these levels when they are just barren hallways
Who the fuck cares if they are barren hallways? What does that have to do with anything? I had more engagement walking through the White hallways in Cavern of Remembrance than anything KH1 did. Music, and the recreation of Disney environments and vibes are perfect in the game.
>>
>>378812557
KH2's environments are incredibly flat and uninteresting, they technically have better aesthetics (benefits of being a sequel) but none of them are actually interesting to traverse. KH1's level design could get annoying at times but each world was very distinct and had a decent amount of interactivity. BBS and DDD's levels had a bit more interactivity than KH2's so I'm guessing KH3's will as well.
>>
>>378813470
They fit with what the Anon wanted.
>>
OP is triggered because he didnt get platforming in an action game and isn't skillful enough to manage MP HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>378813463
DDD has barely any cutscenes compared to the other mainline games.
>>378813425
KH2FM on Beginner.
>>
>>378812978
Undertale if you don't kill anyone.
>>
>>378812978
Final Fantasy XIII
just keep mashing X and you will win
>>378812983
I beat every single part of the game on Critical. Fuck off shitter.
>>378813303
Cure spam was a problem worth fixing. I also like that this encourages experimentation in the magic system and never gives any opportunities where you are out of magic and magic curatives.

but it didn't need a completely jarring recharge period where you can't do anything. it should have just recharged slowly by itself. with it being usable at any stage but needs to refill entirely to use Cure/Limits
>>
>>378813352
Why would you sit through all of the other crap in that game just for mediocre platforming when you could just play a platformer...
>>
>>378813672
I hate all indie (independent) games

All indie games are a fucking bitch
>>
File: BravelyMyEndGameSettings.jpg (53KB, 615x365px) Image search: [Google]
BravelyMyEndGameSettings.jpg
53KB, 615x365px
>>378813197
WEW
>>
>>378813719
>I was too stupid to learn one of the many methods the game has for replenishing MP so I'm going to pretend it's a flaw
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

regular Critical isn't shit, Lv 1 is the only thing that matters.
>>
>>378813425
Sounds like you want a musou spinoff.
>>378813485
>Music, and the recreation of Disney environments and vibes are perfect in the game.
In KH1, yes. The recreation of the worlds in-game is fairly well-done. In KH2, they are shit.

>all of those worlds in comparison are the same fucking thing
That's the problem. They're the most interesting, but they still fall rather flat and do indeed consist of just running from room to room. No interaction, nothing really going on. That's part of my criticism and why I prefer the first game.

If you're implying that Monstro and Hallow Bastion are the same as levels in KH2, you're actually, factually wrong. They had platforming, puzzle-solving, hidden rooms/obstacles, interactable items and chests, etc. They are most certainly not the same.
>>
>>378808047
I truly is a terrible game and I find it bizarre that FM is so necessary to every aspect of its quality. The base game of KH1 is grossly superior.
>>
>>378813485
agree to disagree then, if you really wanna die on this hill. the level design approaches FF13 levels of absolutely jack shit going on but if the god-awful disney cameos and storylines, or those 8-room, 4-NPC level structures excite you enough then more power to you.
>>
>>378803938
>Land of Dragons is a total waste of time

that was my favorite level in kh2.
the overall plot for KH is absolutely retarded so i enjoyed getting sidetracked with fun little disney adventures
>>
>>378813719
>>378813624
>>378813886
>>378813942

It has to be an RPG where from the beginning you can win all enemies with a single blow.

And where there is no difficulty, and everything is super easy and super simple
>>
>>378813345
>are you serious?
Are you suggesting that items be made redundant and the system function without taking items into consideration?

>Berserk Charge is broken because it doesn't work on bosses at all because of Revenge Values.
That doesn't make it broken. That just means it's meant for something else. There are multiple reasons to use Berserk Charge.

>But I do not think a boundless combat system should be dictated by finite curatives
Even if you had x99 Potions or x99 Ethers, you're still limited by your item slots. You can only use as many items in a single battle as you have equipped. This is intentional. It's called item management.

Most battles in KHII aren't so long that you'll exhaust your items, anyway.

>And it's fucking awesome. Until you run out of magic
You never HAVE to run out of magic if you don't want to. I mean, summoning Stitch alone is practically infinite MP.
>>
File: 1308707966973.jpg (33KB, 544x517px) Image search: [Google]
1308707966973.jpg
33KB, 544x517px
>>378808047
>mfw I have to go through Twilight Town every time I want to replay KHII
I don't want to replay KHII anymore.
>>
>>378813942
>They had platforming, puzzle-solving, hidden rooms/obstacles, interact-able items and chests
Well, yeah, but the problem was it wasn't particularly good at several of those things.
>tfw you want to target an enemy, but you target a random object
>>
>>378813576
>>378813913
You sound a lot more triggered than I could ever hope to be, sport
>>
>>378814063
Veghesther is that you?
>>
>>378813576
Kingdom Hearts isn't a pure action game in the vein of DMC or Bayonetta, it's a longass action JRPG, it's very multi-faceted. KH2's flat level design is a problem specific to that game, all the other games had at least some interactivity in their levels.
>>
>>378814186
You're correct, but what's your point?
>>
>>378814147
Not him but I'd prefer that they improved on those elements rather than cutting them out altogether. This isn't a KH-exclusive problem, lots of sequels make the mistake of cutting out flawed features rather than taking the time and effort to polish them. Makes me sad desu.
>>
>>378811762
>>378811809

Pokemon has the most in depth turn based combat system of any JRPG though.
>>
>>378814147
>Well, yeah, but the problem was it wasn't particularly good at several of those things
I'm going to just disagree with you there. At any rate, I preferred that to KHII's level design, which really was rather barren.
>>
File: 1473311263096.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1473311263096.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>378814063
>It has to be an RPG where from the beginning you can win all enemies with a single blow
Jesus Christ, is this bait?
>>
>>378814084
As completely exhausting and tedious as it is, I actually really love the Truman Show / MOON shit going on at the end. As Roxas realizes his existence is entirely thanks to Sora and that his entire world is a Matrix-like digital facade he really breaks the fuck down
>>
>>378814181
>>378814415

My problem with the RPG is that it came to a part where I do not know what to do and I get stuck.

And therefore I look for RPG games, without difficulty, super easy, totally linear, and without any exploration, and without challenge
>>
>>378814186
Yeah it is, the worlds are structured like missions in action games, there are lots of weird gimmicky sections (like in Kamiya's games), you gain more abilities by using certain abilities (like DMC3), you even have a Lv 1 mode (that is the best way to play the game) where the leveling aspect it's gone. It's an action game, and compared to others in the genre its level design is very good.

>>378814360
I guess they are talking about the single player, where you can win just mashing X with your starter.
>>
>>378814314
that his point is exactly the same as OP's?
>>
>>378814454
Maybe you should read a VN instead?
>>
So concerning Unchained X

>Everybody who is blessed by light will eventually do something really really stupid with it due to edge, naivety, retardation, high horses, or muh feelings.
>Eventually that will lead to DARKNESS in some semi-vague sense.
>Master of Masters realizes this.
>Decides to make his students (and their disciples) massacre one another.
>Spares the talented/generally nice wielders.
>Apocalypse occurs because retards.
>Survivors are tasked with rebuilding the worlds, not by using their powers, but by being good people.

Is this right?
>>
>>378814454
why do you even play video games
just use a guide or watch a let's play or some shit and fuck off already
>>
>>378814454
Vegh please start posting on Gamefaqs again. Fuck the mods. If you need an account I have one with 5+ years of karma that I'd be willing to give to you. We miss you there bro
>>
>>378811276
I was too stupid to realize you had to mash circle AND triangle, so I died a bunch.
>>
>>378814454
Dude, I'm telling you. Just play an anime musou spinoff.
>>
>>378814454
>My problem with the RPG is that it came to a part where I do not know what to do and I get stuck.
So almost like any video game ever? How old are you, 10?
>>
>>378814454
Anon, I found the perfect RPG for you.
>>
OP is triggered HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Learn to use items and summons you fucking casual HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>378814589
We don't know what the MoM wants. Knowing KH, it'll be something related to a plot device/lore entity we've never heard of.
>"Oh, everyone thought the Xblade opened Kingdom Hearts, but it's actually for THIS!"
>>
>>378813738
>lol just play this game instead of that game xD
why not both you fucking dipshit

>>378813942
> In KH2, they are shit.
No, they aren't. They are perfect worlds when you are playing through the game. As you are progressing through the story, you are encountering all those things from story triggered events like fighting mobs of heartless that perfectly encapture that feeling of Kingdom Hearts and danger when you are in any world.

In Kh1, traveling around the worlds with the platforming elements gets tedious more than anything, especially with the fucking backtracking, along with doing all those platforming segments again. No, I did not like jumping on hippos and trees, nor did I like going through elevators and claiming books from a shelf as much as I liked heading to the next battle and finding what I needed in KH2 with perfeclty blended environments to accompany me.

And all in all, when you go back to do all the extra stuff after you've beat both games, none of this shit matters at all.

>>378813954
Everything you said is the opposite, so yeah I do have more power than you.
>>
>>378814589
I haven't played Unchained X but if so that is fucking hilarious
>>378814918
>>378814830
this is one of the best threads of the year
>>
>>378814580
A visual novel?

really?

>>378814646
Is that I want to pass the games without a guide.

And besides, I hate games that are difficult

>>378814830
I'm 21 years old.

What happens is that the fucking RPG's make me all difficult and tedious.

I prefer super easy games, simple and with nothing difficult

>>378814756
And what musou spinoff is the easiest and simplest you can recommend me?
>>
>>378814918
The original Mario games are definitely not without challenge though. Maybe one of the newer ones instead.
>>
>>378815007
you are pathetic. go the fuck to sleep moron
>>
>>378815067
Stop annon. I don't want to laugh at you but the instant you recommended DDD and defended KH2's levels I realized something is amiss in that head of yours. It's time to stop
>>
>>378815103
Not that Anon, but Pirate Warriors 3 is fairly easy.
>>
>>378814918
Super Mario is a platform game.

It's good game and everything, but it's not an RPG
>>
>>378815103
>And what musou spinoff is the easiest and simplest you can recommend me?
One Piece 3. it's on steam
>>
>>378815204
Fuck off. I like all the games. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 3D except for osakahatingbabbiefaggotry. And I was correcting that anon on being stupid, not "recommending 3D". I don't cater to your hiveminds opinions, I have my own that are superior and above everybody elses because I say and I am always right. If you don't agree, that's because you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>378815283
Steam is a fucking bitch.

And if I had to download games, I would only do it from the Windows 10 store

Steam is for idiots
>>378815207
Of One Piece I only like Openings

I have not even seen Anime
>>
>>378814454
Fire Emblem Fates Phoenix Mode.

>>378815067
You like levels with absolutely nothing going on. I don't. What you are describing is not even level design. It's background images. It is not "perfect". You just happen to like it. I find it lazy and uninteresting.

>that feeling of Kingdom Hearts and danger when you are in any world
Sora is a fucking Heartless killing machine, and Xemnas even makes use of this in the game. There is no sense of danger unless you're doing one of those Critical mode, level 1 challenges. Or a speedrun. Stop it.

>>378815103
Uh, that Berserk game came out recently. Fate Extra or whatever it's called has a musou. I think there's a Neptunia one, too. The Zombie one? I'm not sure what it's called.
>>
>>378815435
*Balloonra intensifies*
>>
>>378815059
Not even in the JP version? Damn I was hoping for some sort of clarification.

>>378815078
I mean from my understanding that's basically where we're at plot wise. Turns out most of KH could've been avoided if five furries just sat down and talked out their problems instead of taking the MoM's word as gospel.
>>
>>378814589
Sort of?

It's honestly a bit complicated, concerning the Master and his apprentices.

But it appears as though he sets the Keyblade War into motion on purpose, giving the Foretellers specific missions that would inevitably lead to the conflict.

Then, to Ava, he gives extra special instructions, so that the Master's influence carries over even onto the survivors after the War, though to what ends we don't know yet.

It feels like he's playing the whole universe for fools, but it's still unclear what exactly his motives are.
>>
>>378815472
This kind of trolling is just depressing. It doesn't feel like the poster is laughing, and it's just a cry for attention.
>>
>>378815526
>>378815751

But I need an RPG where it's impossible to lose.

Where it is impossible to get lost or stuck

And it has to be games that even a very young child can overcome without any problems
>>
>>378815840
People already fucking gave you multiple suggestions.
>>
Got the 1.5+2.5 thing
Is it better to play the games in the order the collection gives, or release order?
>>
>>378816020
release order
>>
>>378815526
>with absolutely nothing going on
In comparison to what? I hope you're not saying there is anything going on in KH1. There doesn't need to be anything "going on" in the environments. They are there for one fucking reason and one reason only, to give you the feeling of that Disney world. Level design complexity or not, it's still level design. You find it lazy and uninteresting, and I find KH1's tedious and unexciting.

Nothing you said in your second redditgraph did anything to prove that statement wrong. It's only a feeling you get, you're protecting that Disney world. You should be doing Critical mode anyway fucking numbnuts. Don't tell me to stop it you fucking baby.
>>
>>378816020
Release. Square went full retard putting 358/2 before KH2.
>>
>>378815891
But all are very difficult RPG's.

I want an RPG without difficulty, without any challenge, super easy, super simple, and even a baby can overcome without any problem
>>
>>378816124
go in your backyard and play in your playground then
>>
>>378816087
No they didn't. No one would buy a collection of two movies and BBS
>>
>Get the PS4 KH1.5 and KH2.5 collection
>Combat is way shittier than I remember
>Boss fights are far worse than I remember
>Make Ice Titan more of a tanking damage fight than timing like it was in the original
>The new Unkown bossfight is literally keep dying until you get a round where he doesn't get you in the charge bubble 4 times in a row
>The synthesis in KH1.5 is even MORE tedious and time consuming
>Finally get through it and start COM
>Fucking card system

This was a mistake.
>>
>>378816124
>>378816182
That's actually a fitting idea. Just ask your mom to roleplay with you.
>>
>>378816194
God forbid they remake the game to actually be decent.
>>
>>378816194
Exactly, they should have made it playable. Days is the best game in the series anyway
>>
>>378816069
>I hope you're not saying there is anything going on in KH1
On average, there is substantially more going on. That's my point, entirely. It's exactly why I prefer KH1. I've already said this.

>>378816214
Chain of Memories is great. Gotta play the GBA version, though.
>>
>>378816214
>he doesn't get you in the charge bubble 4 times in a row
haha

>Make Ice Titan more of a tanking damage fight than timing like it was in the original
lool you suck
>>
>>378816292
Oh yeah right the hippo hopping. If that makes you feel like you are doing more with the game just because, then so be it. The meat of KH is always in the combat.
>>
>>378816214
You suck balls kid, you can literally deplete most of Ice Titan's HP with Gravity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZs1t1krTuo
>>
>>378816182
>>378816245

Is there an alternative genre to RPG's?

A type of video game that is super easy, super simple, without difficulty, without any challenge, and that all their games are super easy and without anything difficult
>>
>>378815661
The Back Cover "movie" really didn't help either. I swear Nomura is just fucking with us at this point. Who the hell releases a "movie" that:

a) Is based on a mobile phone game
b) Hardly references the game it's based off of
c) Adds even more questions to the overall plot
>>
>>378816495
yes. enjoy
>>
>>378816473
What did they do to the soundtracK?
>>
>>378816069
you have some of the worst opinions I have ever seen in my entire life
>here doesn't need to be anything "going on" in the environments. They are there for one fucking reason and one reason only, to give you the feeling of that Disney world. Level design complexity or not, it's still level design. You find it lazy and uninteresting, and I find KH1's tedious and unexciting.

So let's get this straight, you think empty hallways with treasure in obvious locations and NO interactivity whatsoever to be MORE indicative of a disney world than KH1's uber-dense approach? Are you serious?

You talk so much about immersive but the "world" of Tarzan isn't fucking hallways arranged for your leisure. It has hippos to get past and vines to swing on and trees to climb. You are completely lost as to why you like anything.

If you like the levels, fine. Just stop pretending they work for the reasons you say they do. You're so far off it isn't even fucking funny.
>>
File: ESRB_EC.png (88KB, 2000x2791px) Image search: [Google]
ESRB_EC.png
88KB, 2000x2791px
>>378816495
Any game with this on the box.
>>
>>378816649
>KH1's uber-dense approach
Fucking kek HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA -DENSE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
File: Untitled.png (185KB, 439x387px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
185KB, 439x387px
>>378816649
> It has hippos
I stopped reading right there.

>>378816418

I'm done kiddo.
>>
>>378816281
>>378816283
>Either remake the game or work on kh3
Even if kh3 is just a meme at this point, I'm glad you two don't work for square
>>
>>378816473
I guess fair enough, but can we agree that strategy with gravity and hugging the corner is cheese as hell and is nowhere near anything you'd try unless you looked it up?
>>
>>378816798
>Cheese as hell
Welcome to optional bosses/challenges in Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>378816495
Shitposting aside, you'll be looking at early 2000s cash in platformers or movie-tie ins. You know the ones, the bottom of the bin games that grandparents would gift to their grandchildren.
>>
>>378816649
It's so dense, every frame. There's so much going on in KH1.
>>
>>378816770
>muh immersion! muh disney atmosphere!
> what? literally any inconveniences to me whatsoever as I trot through this dangerous environment? fuck off

you have brain damage
>>
File: 1470797476490.png (61KB, 1301x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1470797476490.png
61KB, 1301x1301px
>>378816995
>>
File: 1490993151582.webm (3MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1490993151582.webm
3MB, 426x240px
>>378816798
No it's called getting good and not being a casual. If you weren't experimenting with magic and couldn't see that the move doesn't reach the corners you suck at the game, plain and simple
>>
>>378816593
Back Cover is supposed to be a companion. It's all part of one big story.

Having played the browser version, I felt that Back Cover was beneficial by gaining context for certain events, like the fight between Aced and Invi, the sudden escalation of hostilities between Unions, and understanding the dynamic between the Foretellers. Aced and Ira have the most screentime together in the game, so it was nice to see more dimension to that.

And naturally, knowing the roles of the Foretellers, the nature of the Master himself, and Luxu's part in all of this was SUPER important.

In the game, so far anyway, Luxu's been incredibly enigmatic. It was impossible to grasp who he was or what he was doing until Back Cover.
>>
>>378817070
Whacking shit with the keyblade mindlessly is way more fun.
>>
I agree but
> Pride Lands is a total waste of time AND has a retarded gimmick that uproots the entire combat system for fursona bullshit

Fuck of nigger.

Being a LION is amazing.
>>
>>378812196
DQIII is was piss easy by the standards of games that were released around its generation.

But as it stands now it's harder than like 80% of the genre.

>>378812347
Play an MMO. They're mindless, but you wanted easy.

If you want fun AND easy pick any Tales game and just tone the difficulty down. Any one of them that have the auto-battles with AI for all your teammates can be won without you lifting a finger on easy as long as you stay properly leveled and aren't retarded with equipment, items, or skill development.
>>
>>378817070
>that .webm
holy fucking shit.
>>
>>378817070
I never got the hang of that Stop shit with the dragon. I just beat her the normal way. Aero, and flying over those flames.
>>
>>378817070
>You can Stop the Dragon
That beats the shit out of my "get on its back and Strike Raid" strategy.
>>
>>378817135
>mashing a button and getting hit instead of using my entire arsenal to take out enemies quickly and efficiently is way more fun
>>
>>378817313
In Kingdom Hearts 1 it is. You can jack off on my post if you want though.
>>
>>378817210
it's just dumb, it makes no sense. why doesn't Simba turn into a person when he's summoned in KH1? Why do they have to remove crucial combat abilities in the process when they don't hurt anyone? Why couldn't they add Drive Forms when Sora literally holds the keyblade in his tail to lock the world?

because it's stupid, that's why. also those discount voice actors kill me
>>
>>378817070
>No it's called getting good and not being a casual.
Go fuck yourself. You're gonna tell me you did that shit by yourself without finding out about it elsewhere?
>>
>>378817132
Yeah you're right. It was a treasure trove of context and I kinda feel bad for anybody who watched it without playing the game first. Too bad the story continued and now there's even more questions.

What's in the box
>>
>>378817450
He's going into an all animal world you fucking faggot retard. How does that not make sense in the most simple way? Why the fuck would Simba turn human? Are you an idiot?

They removed abilities because he is a fucking lion. Just because he held his keyblade with a tail to unlock a keyhole does not mean it would have been a great idea for combat. The running dash + round slash , and Square attack were god tier.
>>
>>378817568
Not him but after getting really frustrated in Atlantica I tried using stop on Ursula and realized it affected her. So I ended up using it on most bosses.
>>
>>378818025
I mostly meant about the Ice Titan strategy.
>>
>>378817213
That's another of my problems with RPG's

level.

They have to be RPG's where the level does not matter at all.

Where you are in level 1 and equally you can win to all without any effort or work
>>
File: latest[1].png (43KB, 235x339px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
43KB, 235x339px
;_;
>>
>>378818294
>They have to be RPG's where the level does not matter at all.

That's not an RPG.

What you're looking for is a movie, although trolling this thread is probably giving you way more entertainment
>>
>Scene in KH1 where you meet Riku in the Third District of Traverse Town
>Riku takes the Keyblade away from Sora
I always thought that was a really good scene to foreshadow what was coming later.
I think Riku has some of the best character development of the series, and general anime stuff too. It's nice that he doesn't stay an edgy faglord like Sasuke, but actually realizes and owns up to his mistakes.
>>
I hope Kingdom Hearts III's world's don't follow the Disney world's stories to a T. It feels weird when Sora is pretty much just "there" in the Pirates world listening to shit he doesn't understand with half assed voice acting trying to imitate Jack Sparrow.

Kingdom Hearts I and BBS did Disney World stories better.
>>
>>378819268
No way, when did you get access to a time travel machine?
>>
>>378819103
https://youtu.be/28gqx8hZCa0?t=545
Kingdom Hearts has a good story
>>
>>378814084
The last few days are good it's the start of Twilight town that's tedious
>>
>>378819349
I'm obviously saying I don't want KHIII to be like II with Disney world stories. I know /v/ has the worst reading comprehension out of any other board but come on.
>>
>>378820035
The Big Hero 6 world is going to be set after the events of the movie. Hopefully the other worlds will do something interesting like that.
>>
>>378818291
Minus the gravity which I admit is the biggest part yes.

When I realized that I could just deflect shit I basically sat in a corner deflecting and spamming fire when it fell. Although when I was level grinding off of it I accidentally gravity once but didn't think it would be viable, since there was no opening turns out you spam it at the start.
>>
>>378819786

Define good in your criteria.
>>
>>378821292
When it comes to an anime like this, motivations that are fairly consistent and make sense, characters that I can care about that have development, hefty lore and character payoff for following the entire series.
>>
>>378803938
Interesting. Replaying KH1 made me realize how much I actually hate a good chunk of the game. Wonderland, Deep Jungle, Monstro, and Neverland are just awful.
I prefer 2 in many aspects but think the world would have benefited some puzzle elements similar to Hollow Bastion from 1.
>>
>>378821710
Oh forgot Atlantic's in 1 as well.
Let's hope they just don't bother with that shitfest in 3.
>>
>>378821710
What's wrong with Wonderland?
>>
File: 38c.jpg (32KB, 417x579px) Image search: [Google]
38c.jpg
32KB, 417x579px
It's funny, the Cavern of Rememberance has the best level design in the entire series, but they didn't bother to design any other level with your movement abilities in mind.

Boggles the mind.
>>
>>378821974
That level was made for Final Mix with the criticism of vanilla in mind. They're still overcompensating with the crazy level design 0.2 has.
>>
>>378821974
locking progression behind movement abilities unlocked behind drive forms that had unexplained ways to gain experience would be a bad idea for progression and pacing. It works really well for a post game dungeon or linearly like in KH1 where you got high jump and glide at a set point.
>>
>>378822421
I agree with everything you said but my autism is making me point out that the ways to earn experience for the forms is found in the status menu.
>>
>>378822421
>unexplained ways
untrue
>>
>>378803938
How can you say you enjoy Re:CoM and and not forgive the flaws of 2FM?
More than half of Re:CoM is unnecessary filler shit
all the worlds are beastly the same cause rooms can be created the same with specific cards
chests are given to you when you decide to use a chest room card
even if you cut out the Disney filler worlds, nothing happens for more than half of the main story
its them wondering what's happening until someone shows up to fight and nothing is still explained
the org was an interesting enemy because they were mysterious but ultimately nothing fucking happened until 2/3 into the game

like you said it does a lot of things right and those right things are why people consider it to be the best
why is it so hard to understand compared to what the other games had to offer?
I don't think 2FM is perfect, it does have many flaws with how the worlds aren't that important anymore, but it's still the better game over 1 and Re:CoM
>>
>>378814084
It's story is so fucking good, but it's the longest tutorial ever
>>
>>378822592
Where in game do they explain exactly how to level up the drive forms? All you see is xp to level up in the status screen, but not how to get that xp. You do know that the xp required to level up drive forms isn't xp from defeating enemies, right anon?
>>
File: rtd.jpg (297KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rtd.jpg
297KB, 1920x1080px
>>378823441
>>
>>378823441
It does tell you in the status screen. You have to scroll over the experience section.
It tells you valor levels based how many hits you land with it, wisdom by killing heartless, master by picking up drive orbs and Final by killing nobodies.
Learned all that by the game telling me.
>>
>>378823632
>>378823719
well shit.
>>
File: v6rev9.png (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
v6rev9.png
18KB, 500x500px
I can't say much about the KH3 trailer besides there's gonna be a lot of memes made from one character's approach to Chess.
>>
>>378803938
mash triangle to win
>>
>>378824078
Eraqus?
>>
>>378824173
Try that and see what happens ;^)
>>
>>378824173
It really isn't. Its hit triangle for a cool spectacle, but it doesn't guarantee a win by any means. Its similar to Nero's Buster from DMC4
>>
>>378805298
>It's tight, it's fun, it's challenging, and it doesn't get old.

>Mash x to win
>Mash triangle when prompted
>>
>>378824596
On beginner maybe
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (13KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
13KB, 320x180px
>>378824078
Don't be memeing me anon. That shit better be at E3.
>>
>>378824078
We already know Eraqus and YX are playing it
It's Eraqus unless YX decides to go full Code Geass
Also I'm bored, share what else you know about kh3
>>
File: it is time.png (151KB, 640x295px) Image search: [Google]
it is time.png
151KB, 640x295px
>>378811276
accidentally jamming so hard i cut my thumb with my other thumb's nail by sheer force and i didn't do shit for the minor bleeding until the post-credits stats came up
>>
File: latest[1].png (142KB, 381x482px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
142KB, 381x482px
Don't mind me, just being the worst boss in the entire series.
>>
>>378825756
Why does everyone seem to hate this guy? At least he has the benefit of being easy.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>378825756
>Very fast xeharnort running at incredibly hihg speed
>better than tiger head
>>
I'm trying the Level 1 run of 2FM for the first time, and man, it's kicking my ass. Xaldin is ridiculous. I have to deal with meaty corner set-ups and shit.
>>
>>378826518
hes not even hard until you fight his data version
>>
>>378826991
Ive beaten the Data form with little issue when i was 99 and had Final Form. Its amazing how much 40 levels under recommended matters.
>>
File: 1471754324154.gif (2MB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
1471754324154.gif
2MB, 390x285px
>Flying around in my gummi ship
>Huh, what's that agai-
>Monstro
>>
Just popped in to say that KH had me hooked for the fun combat, excellent music, and surprisingly deep story.

Also, if E3 has nothing on KH3, I think it's safe to say that my interest will take a nosedive. It's hard to stay interested for so long when other games started to make appearances, like Nier:A, FF15, P5, and the like.

I genuinely hope that Riku and Kairi have full playable parts, not just cutscene stuff. Kairi would make an excellent magic WoMD. Riku should grow his hair back out, he looks even younger than he did in KH1 now.
>>
>>378827554
>Riku should grow his hair back out, he looks even younger than he did in KH1 now
fucking what
>>
>>378803938
KH1 aged like a hot wet shit though

KH2 is still more than playable, and dare i say it, fun
>>
>>378827747
But will they give Kairi a ponytail?
>>
>>378827882
>KH1 aged like a hot wet shit though
Oh shut the fuck up, no it didn't. It's still better than most games that get released nowadays.
>>
>>378827882
Shit ages well though. It's at its worst when it's fresh.
>>
>>378827747
Sue me, I thought KH2 Riku looked like he'd actually been through some rough shit and grew up.

Dx3 Riku looks like he reversed the aging process and it bothers me.

>>378827926
Possibly, and I hope she looks like she aged, not just got taller/longer hair.
>>
>>378827926
I see braids, or a braided bun in her future.
>>
>>378828221
Riku in DDD is literally 1 year older than KH1.
>>
>>378828031
the combat is clunky and the worlds are painfully bland. i'll submit that the level design was more interesting than 2 but the platforming was so atrocious that it didn't matter
>>
>>378816495
Walking simulators.
>>
>>378825756
Nah, that belongs to DANCE WATER DANCE faggot.
>here, do this thing with a 10 second time limit
>even though it makes no sense, miss one note, and you die.
>one of the notes didn't get caught in your triangle spam? fuck you, game over lololol
>>
>>378828471
Still doesn't look nearly as legit as he did in 2
>>
>>378829079
People complained about him looking like an edgelord.
>>
>>378814084
The prologue to KH2 has the best story/writing in the series so it doesn't bother me too much
>>
>>378829304
Christ man, Xigbar has that covered, Riku just looks sleepy and unkempt.
>>
>>378816473
Thats only with EXP Zero at level 1 due to how the scailing works for it, hence why the video is at Level 1.
>>
>>378824373
I recall playing this game to completion on release, and the QTE bullshit was terrible. While it might not be a case of 'mash triangle to win', it's a case of 'if you want you can mash triangle to make any given fight less challenging through a new feature that adds absolutely nothing to the gameplay apart from spectacle', and really detracted from what I felt, at the time, was the core appeal of the series' combat.
>>
>>378805298
The original Kingdom Hearts started with a guy at Square wanting to make a 3d platformer
>>
>>378826991
it's literally the same fight with more hp
>>
>>378826518
Learn to guard his shit and keep him exactly where you want him. I find Xaldin to be one of the easier bosses at level 1 because he's extremely predictable once you get his moves down, whereas a lot of encounters are more chaotic. One trick is to always hold one to a single Jump command so that you can bust it out in an emergency
>>
>>378831279
Can i actually block his thrusts? When I tried that, I died. I must be missing the timing then.
>>
>>378830006
Wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxfiiKg2xYc
>>
>>378831791
You can block his spear thrusts, his sweeps, his wind projectile, and the spinning attacks in the first part of his ultimate. You can't block the wind shield, the dragon tornado in the second half of his ultimate, or his downward Jump attacks. Blocking the thrusts is your best option because he'll recoil and you'll be able to learn a bunch of Jumps off of it.
>>
>>378814084
Learn the speedrun route, it only takes 14 minutes when you're good at it. Or just make a save file after it's over.
>>
>>378830425
he is more powerful, and starts doing that teleporting bullshit earlier
>>
>>378831953
wonderful. that makes my life so much easier. now I just gotta learn timing
>>
I think it's worthwhile to point out that KH2's combat is designed around the its healing system. You only think that you're shit out of luck once you've cast Cure, but activating a drive form is also a 'free' elixir, and the summons can also heal you with Stitch even being a dedicated support summon. But most importantly, the game doesn't force you to play reactively. The combination of roll and guard (in FM) already covers you from most of the danger assuming you know how to play the game instead of trying to buttonmash to victory. Compare to KH1's rough design where tiny arenas, spammy abilities and awkward movement prevented sophisticated control. Or to BBS where you're allowed to chain Cure again and because of that the bosses have been designed to be unforgivable.

Also if you think magic is weak or inconvenient, it's because you were afraid of wasting your drive. Drive is not to be conserved, much like MP. THEY RECHARGE. And they recharge faster if you're playing offensively (and MP recharges REALLY FAST in drive). Use that shit.
>>
>>378833947
>Also if you think magic is weak or inconvenient, it's because you were afraid of wasting your drive. Drive is not to be conserved, much like MP. THEY RECHARGE. And they recharge faster if you're playing offensively (and MP recharges REALLY FAST in drive). Use that shit.
drive also recharges even faster in FM compared to vanilla
drive recharge consumables got buffed from 1 (normal) or 3 (high) bars to 3 or 9 bars respectively, although all the consumables have been removed from chests, so you will need to either craft them or get them from mushroom XIII
>>
>>378834613
looks like it jesus
>>
>>378834613
>being this autistic over a 7 hour thread that ive been in the entire time
also holy shit youre off base
>>
Kingdom Hearts 1 was objectively best in the series. Very moving moments indeed
>>
>>378835459
You're fucking delusional kid. Play KH1 again and come back.

KH1 has so many major inexcusable flaws.
>>
>>378833947
>Also if you think magic is weak or inconvenient, it's because you were afraid of wasting your drive.
Or they tried casting a spell once, whiffed completely, then wrote offensive magic off completely and never experimented again, usually with the "I need to save my MP for Cure anyways" mindset.

I get how people can try to play it the same way they played KH1 (buttonmash nonstop and Cure when necessary), but the game punishes that so hard with the MP recharge system you'd think they'd learn.
>>
>>378835556
Literally can't hit Riku in the second bossfight if your keyblade is too short, lol.
>>
>>378835896
It's definitely not the best game in the series, but it is certainly a better game than DDD or BBS.
>>
>>378811276
>thought this was a powerful moment where Sora is on his last legs and Riku is trying his hardest to protect him
>it was just me not realizing you can deflect with sora too
>>
>>378812115
Use Ethers or Stitch you shitter
>>
>>378820981
we know that Ancient Greece also takes place after the movie as well
>>
Is the final boss of 2 still basically impossible on critical in the PS4 version of 2.5?
>>
>>378837535
it's not impossible. Just do a limit when he grabs you.
>>
>>378837535
My question is, do I have to start over from the beginning if I die in the final part?
>>
I cannot for the live of me see why people enjoy this, not from a story perspective and especially not from a gameplay perspective. The combat feels like one of the least engaging things I've ever played in an action game.
But if people enjoy it, good on them.
>>
>>378811438
Except for the one HD collection.

2.8 is ground zeroes to KHIII.
>>
>>378832245
Not saying it isn't harder but his attack paterns are exactly the same.
It just requires more consistency
>>
>>378839076
just the last part
>>
>>378827926
Hopefully not.
>>
>>378803938
I played kh1 and 2 again, loved kh1 as much as I remember. Kh2 is annoying as fuck from start to finish, I don't remember it being so bad..
>>
File: somethings off.jpg (299KB, 869x978px) Image search: [Google]
somethings off.jpg
299KB, 869x978px
>>378803938
Agreed. KHII is an obvious example of why unique games should not have sequels unless all the mechanics are kept exactly the same. Everything good in KHI: combat, comfy exploration ("platforming"), Gummiship minigame, Colosseum, bosses are "improved" across the board in KHII, but none are actually as fun. Combat is literally injected with stealth QTEs, exploration is discarded for muh "production values", Gummiship are more featured, but the levels are made even more trivial to pass, Colosseum battles are too extensive to not feel tacked on.
The cute, heartfelt plot was made edgier and "grander", making it completely unrelatable. Now it's literally Shadow(from Sonic): The Game.
>>
>>378842543
>Gummi Ship in KH1
>good

Also KHII Gummi missions are supposed to be arcadey score attack stages. They're easier to clear because KH1's missions were shitty and everyone just wants to move on to the next world anyway.

>KHII plot
>even remotely similar to Shadow the Hedgehog
>>
>>378842543
KH1 bosses are not fun. They were never fun. Stop this right now. They consisted of projectile spam and chaotic flailing, and not all of them even looked cool. Does Kingdom Hearts 2 have anything as stupid as Ursula 2?

Also, the mandatory gummi courses in 2 are piss easy but that's because the gummi ship stuff in 1 was absolute garbage. The optional gummi missions in 2 are genuinely engaging and the third missions even have some degree of challenge to them.
>>
>>378803938
This.

I was blind to KH2's problems as a kid.

The combat is good, but it's insulting how much they threw out the window to make that combat.

Don't even get me started on how hit or miss the writing is.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.