[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we channel our inner "ideas guy" and talk about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0728.png (108KB, 250x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0728.png
108KB, 250x337px
ITT: we channel our inner "ideas guy" and talk about games we'd love to make if we actually had the talent, capacity, and fame to do so.

Pic unrelated.
>>
There has to be a way to make defensive options more varied in fighting games without making them overpowered
>>
>>378800181
On the top of my head, I'd want a pc game that has a similar play style to Destiny.
Higher ranking enemies have three types of shields, fire, electric, and plasma. You have varying weapons that deal a single type of damage. Each effective to the enemy types
You have have three weapon slots, primary, ie. handgun and assualt rifles. Secondary, ie. Shotguns and sniper rifles. and Heavy weapons ie. Rocket launchers ect.
You can customize your characters armor, make him faster or more healthy or more damaging. But enemies also deal certain damage types that can make it more effective against you.
>>
>>378800181
I want to do what you ask but somehow I feel like I should be going to bed instead.
>>
3D Factorio
>>
File: 1426603439540.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1426603439540.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>378800954
Continued: All characters have some form of boosting abilities, thrusters that can make you strafe left or right or you can run and slide.
Game focuses on one planet. It can be any planet really, but has varying environments. If buildings are present you can enter to explore any one, no locked doors.
Vehicles are drivable, Enemies have their own type but you can hijack them Halo style.
Weapons and (certain armor or armor pieces) that drop from kills can be picked up and used
>>
Combat of souls games+Star Wars lightsaber duels
>>
>>378802168
Should the force replace shields?
>>
>>378800181
a game where you crash land on a alien planet and are forced to become a fucktoy for its inhabitants
>>
A game like Dragon's Dogma with a setting more like Runescape's
>more towns and cities, more variety
>sleeping and eating/drinking give temp. bonuses
>skills from RS are integrated into camping/survival
>more variety of quests, like RS. Stuff like murder mysteries
>more magic shit - an area like the Wizard's Tower
>elves and dwarves, possibly other races based on mythological beings
>have to dress approximately for the weather and/or setting
>>
File: 5467534686538.png (95KB, 303x264px) Image search: [Google]
5467534686538.png
95KB, 303x264px
Sci Fi setting
>disgustingly in-depth character creation
>you get a partner that you also customize to hell and back
>dozens of different origin stories
>dozens of different factions
>you start on a planet/station with fuckall
>work your way to your companion and eventually a ship
>hundreds of ship varieties ranging from small to massive
>all ships are fully explorable and customizable
>once you have a large enough ship, hiring a crew is encouraged
>dialogue wheel, choices actually matter
>no morality system, but you can either piss off or join different factions
>realistic ground to space with zero loading screens
>planets are not laughably small

I don't know what else, I just want a comfy space RPG
>>
Some kind of game that captures the essence of what made City Trial in Kirby Air Ride fun.
>>
>>378800181
Tactical Turn-Based Fantasy RPG.

Main plot would be about a small ground of people who, while traveling on a caravan to a major city, decide to band together and form a mercenary company to seek riches and glory. They then start taking jobs from various groups and people in the surrounding region and gradually become more successful, expanding their operations to other major citiestaking more and more dangerous and complex contracts. As they do so they travel around the world and hire dozens of unique other characters, each one with their own quirks and personality, while various other plotlines and events take place on the background. However, they never become major parts of big world-changing events, only getting involved at most with big but still local local conflicts. There would be a lot of focus on developing the lore and setting and exploring as many varied locations as possible.

Gameplay-wise, the main focus would be in proper tactics and using the environment to your advantage. The battlefields would be very interactive: you can take cover behind objects and terrain, destroy objects, move them around to give yourself a favorable position, combine elemental and environment effects to maximize damage against enemies.
Meanwhile you would have to funnel enemies into chokepoints, flank them from multiple sides, attack enemy casters to interrupt their spells while proctecting your own casters, put your ranged characters on higher ground, etc.
Characters would have a lots of different skills and spells, maybe including things like subclasses or learning abilities from other characters in the company. There could also be elements of management and base-building with expanding the headquarters of you mercenary company, and Fire Emblem style relationships between characters.
>>
>>378800181
Bug fighting game based on those bug threads that keep popping up.

Fight as iconic bugs/insects/arachnids like the Emperor Scorpion or Hercules Beetle. Matches are fast and can be ended in a single combo, reflecting the brutality of nature. Characters all play similarly to their natural counterparts. For example, a beetle focuses on knocking its opponent out of the ring while a scorpion attempts to grab and impale its enemy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.