[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can we talk about this abomination? how the fuck did this cover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Suikoden Cover.jpg (78KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Suikoden Cover.jpg
78KB, 640x640px
can we talk about this abomination? how the fuck did this cover art even happened? it looks like the coverart for a completly different game, why does the guy on the right look like paul atreides from dune? do you even fight a three headed skeleton in the game? i'm pretty sure you don't so who the fuck thought it was a good idea?
>>
counterpoint: actually it's cool and good
>>
>>378791504
This sounds like a monologue in a Jewish written and directed teen movie trying to appeal to the older auidiences nostalgia
>>
>>378791504

Have you even played the game? The three headed skeleton is the main character anon.
>>
That fucking cover always bugged the shit out of me. I know the first is Barbarossa, with maybe Pahn or the hero under him and Windy at the bottom. But who the fuck is that top right, Luc? Doesnt look anything like him and its too old to be Ted, with maybe Valeria or Odessa underneath but its hard to tell.
>>
File: Suikoden Cover (PAL).jpg (37KB, 486x476px) Image search: [Google]
Suikoden Cover (PAL).jpg
37KB, 486x476px
>>378791504
How did we go from this...
>>
>>378793926
Forgot to add that "Windy" looks nothing like the Windy in game so who the hell is she? And if thats now Windy why the hell did they put a minor character on the cover?
>>
>>378791504
Why do they look Mexican?
>>
>>378791504
The three headed skeleton looks rad as fuck tho. I would play a game with that.
>>
>>378794003
Great game. My friend fell in love with the series with this one. I liked it as well, and the next 2 I think. The Knight lady was the last one I played.
>>
>>378791504
That looks more like a chinese bootleg for the GameStation than the usual mangled US cover.
>>
File: suiko544.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
suiko544.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
>>378791504
Yeah there was a 3 headed skeleton in the vampire castle, but everything else they got wrong.
>>
>>378791504

To be fair it's pretty well done for a misinterpreted US boxart. It looks like it was drawn by a second-rate Michael Whelan, but that's still pretty good by the standards of the day.

It looks like it belongs on the cover of a Might and Magic game. They probably thought it would appeal more to western RPG fans.
>>
>>378791504
This looks dope as fuck though
>>
>>378797005

>michael whelan

who?
>>
File: whelan.jpg (194KB, 628x1000px) Image search: [Google]
whelan.jpg
194KB, 628x1000px
>>378798467

Artist who drew a ton of covers for Fantasy Books. One of the few who was actually incredibly talented and didn't shit out terrible covers. Sadly he's semi-retired from cover art now.
>>
Could someone please explain what is so good about this series? Everything about it sounds bad, e.g. turn based jrpg combat with minimal tactics, tons of characters with no development, but people seem to love it. What's the appeal?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.