[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Share a boss fight you really enjoyed whether it be because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 13

Share a boss fight you really enjoyed whether it be because of game mechanics or if it was just the built up to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEgCWSnfXFU

The Fury is another too if someone could rec a game with something similar that would be nice.
>>
the Freeze bossfight was fucking boring dude.
>>
>>378791423
First post worst post
>>
Jetstream Sam.

Dante in DMC4.

Vergil in DMC3.

The rival boss in Viewtiful Joe though I can't recall whether it was the first or the second game. Basically a dark Viewtiful Joe IIRC. Shit was fun as fuck.
>>
>>378791423
idk I thought it was really cool but okay, I got done in at least once first time
>>
>>378791575
what was so special about wandering around a room and pressing a context button on obnoxiously telegraphed traps while the boss slowly dicks around on the other side waiting for you to finish?
>>
>>378791335
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub-6sKfGSmw
>>
File: AnotherJoe.jpg (78KB, 539x639px) Image search: [Google]
AnotherJoe.jpg
78KB, 539x639px
>>378791678
>The rival boss in Viewtiful Joe though I can't recall whether it was the first or the second game. Basically a dark Viewtiful Joe IIRC. Shit was fun as fuck.
Another Joe was so fuckin fun. (also VJ1)
>>
In the game Jedi Academy, if you go for the dark side ending Kyle Katarn will be your final adversary. Going up against him is so much more than your average Reborn fight. He adjusts his fighting style throughout the battle to better defeat you. He effortlessly incorporates heal, protect, and absorb to draw out the fight and limit your options. He also can punch, kick, choke, and throw you on top of tossing his lightsaber in your direction. I know I'm sucking this game's dick but I feel like it's truly worth the praise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMdcrUjHZ2k

>>378792361
Very very noice choice.

>>378791678
>Vergil in DMC3.
I never got to him. I was shit at the game. Definitely need to go back and try again.
>>
File: Gascoigne Frontal 4.png (1MB, 1193x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Gascoigne Frontal 4.png
1MB, 1193x1073px
>>
>>378794039
Hardest boss in base game by a mile, including all chalice bosses.
>>
I always liked the fight with Ganon in OOT because the atmosphere is really awesome. The fight is easy as fuck but the whole setting blew me away when I was younger.

That fucking music can probably make any fight awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmL3xSeAmsw
>>
File: 2014-06-10-202211.jpg (148KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2014-06-10-202211.jpg
148KB, 960x544px
Terrwyn from Soul Scarfice Delta, build is okay but the real hook is in her second phase when you get reunited with your dead waifu to kick her ass

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Kh7m6TqyG-M
>>
>>378794039
that was pretty cool, was the player OP because it didn't look too hard. I wish I could play Bloodbourne.
>>
>>378793526
>I never got to him. I was shit at the game. Definitely need to go back and try again.
Shit nigga, get your ass back in there. Fun as fuck rival boss fight and you fight him twice in the game. It's too bad the Special Edition which lets you play as Vergil didn't have a Dante boss fight.

>>378792361
That's him. Are the Viewtiful Joes emulatable? Just remembering this shit is making me want to play them again.
>>
>>378794592
>That's him. Are the Viewtiful Joes emulatable?
Pretty sure the gamecube emulation is top notch.
>>
>>378794667
Thanks anon. Definitely know what I'm gonna be doing today.
>>
>>378794330
Nah that's complete bs but it was certainly one of the most well designed.

The rhythm and pace of the fight along with the OST leaves me breathless every time I fight him.
>>
File: 1493786105343.jpg (91KB, 780x591px) Image search: [Google]
1493786105343.jpg
91KB, 780x591px
Ganondorf in TP. The progression from puppet, to Ganon as a beast, to Ganondorf on horseback, to fighting him alone, without any fancy tricks, just the hero and the villain going mano a mano (well, blade to blade rather than hand to hand). The fact that the final input in the game is (A) Finish blew my fucking mind. While I have criticisms of TP as a whole, that final boss sequence is my favourite of any 3d Zelda game.
>>
>>378794330
Holy shit really? I beat him on my 3rd try and I've tried beating Vicar Amelia 9 times already and the bitch won't go down, maybe is just because I fucking hate corridor+big monster fights, plus I wasted my best items on her, had to grind for blood vials twice now and had to level 4 times.

Anyways, I didn't explain why I loved Gascoigne in my original post but it's because I love human sized boss fights and he was pretty much equal to you, even his 2nd form wasn't too annoying and by the time you get to that part he's already at 1/4th of his health. Plus the story surrounding him gave me feels.
>>
>>378794831
The final phase was a cakewalk, TP really was a piss easy game looking back
>>
File: Mprime2_DarkSamus.jpg (900KB, 2480x3996px) Image search: [Google]
Mprime2_DarkSamus.jpg
900KB, 2480x3996px
Every encounter plus the final fight was amazing
>>
>>378795076
In MP2, I mean.
>>
File: 1Vega.jpg (117KB, 1000x995px) Image search: [Google]
1Vega.jpg
117KB, 1000x995px
>walk into her boss fight
>her turn she almost kills me and my demons
>her fucking face
But that fucking music and these tears.
https://youtu.be/RpsOC0853cE
>>
File: Yakuza-Ishin-Char_08-28_001.jpg (183KB, 480x520px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza-Ishin-Char_08-28_001.jpg
183KB, 480x520px
https://youtube.com/watch?v=rcEtPhCJenQ
>tfw the boss fight matches all the build up

Only reason I prefer Ryuji over Nishiki is the music, For Whose Sake didn't feel as emotional as this one
>>
dark fact
>>
Was he xehanort's heartless?
>>
File: dgnjgbgqujppr5wutx0g.jpg (60KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
dgnjgbgqujppr5wutx0g.jpg
60KB, 620x400px
>>378791335
Finally got around to beating Contra 3 this year. My absolute favorite thing about bosses is when they're up against the wall and they throw absolutely everything they've got at you because it's not just a fight for your survival anymore, but theirs. Contra 3's final boss fucking delivered.
>>
>>378791335
the fist two fights with elvis in godhand
>>
>>378795049
When have Zelda games ever been difficult? OoT is even worse.
>>
>>378797197
It was terranort's heartless. That's the thing behind him.

The man himself is riku possessed by terranort
>>
>>378791335
Gore/Shagaru Magala fight in MH4U
>>
File: devilhand.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
devilhand.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>378791678
Azel > Vergil
>>
>>378794330

What?. I beated him in my first try but struggled with Darkbeast Paarl.
>>
>>378791335

My favorite fight from that game is Clayface, actually. Love to dodge his moves, use the freeze grenades and use a sword.
>>
>>378794330
How can you be so wrong as to think gascoigne could be harder than half of the cursed chalice bosses?

How tf could you have more trouble with him than with a cursed abhorrent or something?
>>
>>378794330
I beat him on my first try. I also beat every boss except Gehrman on my 1st or 2nd try. I really dont get why people say this game is so hard.
>>
>>378802501
Because they're either new, or likely stuck in the souls playstyle where shields are very rewarding.
>>
>>378798847

That brings back memories. Elvis was the bravest man I met in that game. And Smoking Roll was catchy as fuck.
>>
>>378791335
I recently got into the MGS series. People thought the boss fights in DE: HR were bad? Ha. I struggled with the boss fights in MGS but in MGS3 I think I was starting to find my stride. I actually found the duel with Ocelot pretty enjoyable
>>
>>378805052
People thought boss fights in DE:HR was bad because DE:HR was a DE game, a game where you can built your character for stealth and where an action-y boss fight sticks out like a sore thumb.
>>
Champion Gundyr is one of my favorite boss fights if only because of the "oh shit" moment the first time you fight him. I also love his moveset, which forces the player to really time their rolls instead of roll spamming and getting lucky. Also the lore implications are really cool.
>>
>>378805173
Sounds about right
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.