[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you still think P3 is the best Persona game - and why Honestly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: P3.jpg (484KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
P3.jpg
484KB, 1920x1080px
do you still think P3 is the best Persona game - and why

Honestly it has something the others don't and i can't put my finger on what it is
>>
File: Fuuka boo.webm (2MB, 1024x858px) Image search: [Google]
Fuuka boo.webm
2MB, 1024x858px
Yes
Because Fuuka is in it.
>>
File: VQJBj1D.png (3MB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
VQJBj1D.png
3MB, 1280x2160px
>>378780324
>P3 is the best Persona game

No. Gameplay-wise and dungeon-wise it's the weakest one compared to the portable versions and P5; that's a fact.

I still find 3's plot and story the best out of the modern trio (which is also by far the most disappointing aspect of P5), but I don't think it's quite enough to call 3 the best overall video game.

Characters, music and visual design are heavily subjective and only fags have arguments about those things.
>>
>>378781823
What problems did you have with the story in P5? I thought it was the best one of the 3, personally.
>>
File: persona4_dungeon.jpg (26KB, 468x265px) Image search: [Google]
persona4_dungeon.jpg
26KB, 468x265px
>>378781823
>dungeon-wise it's the weakest one
Anon we're talking about 3 not 4.
>>
>>378782851
Tartar Sauce fucking sucks, senpai. 4's dungeons do too, but there's some improvements and there's way less of it than in 3, so it's not as detrimental to the game.
>>
>>378782557

Although not quite as last minute as P4, the sudden world-ending deity gone mad twist was still very rushed. Sure, mementos is there throughout and it's alluded to being important, but then it gets to Christmas eve and then BAM, exposition dump followed by new world-eating big bad.

I really liked 5's plot, but there were definitely bits that felt rushed and underwhelming. Yaldy was one of those.
>>
>>378782851

>Presents that map as damning evidence

Anon, which was your favourite P3 dungeon? The straight line of train cars? The two-floor motel? The 5 literal corridors where you just fight a boss with no build-up? Or the tedious, randomly-generated tower?
>>
>>378782557

P5 had pacing issues and plot holes to a larger degree when compared to both 3 and 4. The two most glaring aspects that come to mind are:

#1 The switcheroo plan; it was the dumbest thing in the whole game. They had the upperhand in the info battle against Akechi, yet they risked Joker's life with a plan that could go fatally wrong in at least 5 different ways.

#2 The big baddy; like 4, 5's true antagonist is a one dimensional character with which you don't get to develop any personal beef. I get the thematic meaning behind him, but I just couldn't give a shit, especially after 100+hours. In the case of 3, it was plainly spelled out: you got X weeks until you're all dead, wha'cha gonna do? You get all kind of special/contextual dialogue with all your peeps before, including the human-avatar of Nyx. It's good build up, at least relative to 3 and 4.

>>378782851
lol
>>
>>378783772
I actually disagree. For the first time in a Persona game, I thought it was handled well. The twist that he was right there the whole time as Igor was super cool and unexpected. It also thematically tied in more than Izanagi, since Yaldy was the treasure of the people of Tokyo, and was carrying out their distorted desires.
>>
>>378784216

*4 and 5
>>
>>378780324
>o you still think P3 is the best Persona game - and why
No, the dungeon crawling was fucking boring as shit.
>>
>>378784216
I said this earlier, but I think the fact that he's been right there, manipulating you from the start was a very interesting twist that actually did make me want to take him out. The way I thought of the whole last heist was that it was it was the Phantom Thieve's grand finale as a group. They've been stealing treasures and changing hearts of individual targets, but now you have to do it to all of Tokyo. Yaldy didn't really seem like a boring, omnipotent diety like Nyx or Izanagi. He was the treasure of the people, and I thought taking him out felt awesome.
>>
Out of nu-Persona, 3 has the most consistent tone and atmosphere. It's also the only one with a genuinely well written party member in the form of Junpei.
>>
>>378780324
No, I think P1 is the best, while P5 has the best gameplay.
>>
>>378785175
What do you mean by consistent? What's inconsistent about 5's tone or atmosphere? I kind of get 4 being a bit inconsistent, with the comfy sleepy town detective story turning into an apocalyptic end of the world story towards the end.
>>
>>378785335
This is just peak contrarian. I would even understand if you said P2, but P1 is actually just not very good.
>>
>>378785643
t. brainlet
>>
>>378784810

I mean, I liked it as well. I was just expecting more consistency and overall quality, especially with all the time they had. Despite the fact I shat on it a bit, P5 is now my favorite Persona out of the modern trio because it improved on everything, except the story.
>>
File: 1417559778767.jpg (901KB, 1280x900px) Image search: [Google]
1417559778767.jpg
901KB, 1280x900px
>Characters are all melodramatic orphans
>half the persona designs are ass
>tartarus is a wasted concept
>worse combat than 5
>worse story than 4
>no punishment for cheating on your girl
>you HAVE to cheat on all the girls to max the SLs

on the other hand
>amazing music
>a cigar smoking monk who hangs out in a club
>by far the best "mascot" of any of the games
>great atmosphere
>can play as a grill
>get to fug the velvet room attendant
>>
>>378784232

The Igor Switch was amazing, yes, but was still a dropped ball. There's a good 20-60 minutes of dungeon and cutscene where it's Izanami all over again.

>You beat the big bad, but shit's still whacky!
>The world's going to end! Oh no! These are totally the same stakes as P3!
>Look, it's a giant cup god demon thing! Try and kill it!
>Uh-oh, it's too strong and is going to take over the world!

After the Yaldy reveal and everything it improves (except for the Satanael summon, that was too brief compared to P3's ending). But a good half of the endgame sequence is disappointingly brief.
>>
>>378780324
It still has the best atmosphere,music and characters imo. Also the ending months of the game is hands down the most depressing shit I've ever experienced in a video game. Nothing else has ever really came close to making me feel that way.
>>
>>378783978
>The two-floor motel?
This one.
>>
>>378786530
It's cool in concept, but not good in execution, and it only lasts for like 10 minutes
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.