[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't normally play fighting games, but SFV is on sale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
I don't normally play fighting games, but SFV is on sale for $20. Should I buy?
>>
If you like the SF series it's pretty fun, like most fighting games I would try and find some friends to practice with
>>
>>378779757
>I don't like fighting games
>So let me get the one fighting games that doesn't please casual or hardcore gamers
No, are you an idiot? The game fucking sucks.
>>
Not really, I wouldnt play it for free.
>>
>>378780035
If he doesn't normally play fighting games, how the fuck would he know that? He's clearly asking because he doesn't know.
>>
>>378780035
>No, are you an idiot?
No, that would be you. He is merely ignorant.
>>
>>378779757
No. Even as easy as it is you'd still have to practice for a hundred hours before you started having even a little bit of fun.
>>
>>378779757
If you dont play fighting games then no? Games not even complte yet.
>>
>>378779757
Street Fighter is only good if you're into fighting games. I only play button-mashy or simple fighting games like MK or Smash because I don't have the patience or precision for games like SF.
>>
>>378780345

Hm, Mortal Kombat X is selling for $20 as well. Maybe I should buy it instead?
>>
>>378780437
As a person who doesn't usually play fighting games I recommend it. I'd start with MK9 first though.
>>
>>378780345
>button mash in mk

literally the same thing in sfv if you play mk like that lmao. The best button mash is tekken because it has 100 of moves for each character compared to mkx/sfv which have like 10.
>>
>>378780714
I don't really button mash in MK but the specials and combos are a lot easier to learn and execute than SF based on my experience
>>
>>378780437
No, MKX has a shitty input system that more often than nots eat your inputs which makes it frustrating for both casual and veteran players.

MKX gameplay is much more needlessly complicated, half the cast is useless, and frustrating
SFV gameplay is simple, straightforward and ultimately boring
>>
So, MK9 or MKX? Which one has an active online multiplayer base?
>>
>>378779757
WHERE IT IS ON SALE?
>>
>>378780885
MK9 is the better game, but MKX on PC is fucking dead kiddo. Might be more alive though since it's the latest version.

SFV has cross-play with PS4 so it's going to be more active, just at the cost of a worse game
>>
So will Capcom ever put out, at the very least, a SFV: GotY Edition after S2 which has all of the S1 and S2 unlocked from the start and some of the stages?
>>
>>378780948

PSN
>>
>>378781215
Nope, they said no Super SFV, which is dumb because they really should do this. They desperately need a rebranding, but they can't because they'll be eaten alive by game """"journalists'"""" and casuals.

The problem with SFV is it's a F2P model but you pay $60 bucks for it. There needs to be a Free Edition out with just Ryu and Ken unlocked
>>
>>378780882
it doesn't eat your inputs
>>
>>378779757
Absolutely.
>>
>>378779757
If you want to taste competitive fighting games, then yes cause sf5 its smash 4 levels of easy, but if you just want fun modes, good story or anything really other than playing online then no
>>
>>378781359
WORTHLESS SALE
>>
>>378781404
>because they'll be eaten alive by game """"journalists'"""" and casuals
I'm pretty sure most of /v/ is waiting for them to announce something along those lines so they can shitpost endlessly.
>>
>>378780159
>>378780173
>Game feels like shit to play in general
>Somehow him not playing fighting games makes it good

So JJBA Allstar Battle must feel great too as long as you never played a fighting game right? Just admit that you stupid faggots need help pulling Capcom's dick out your ass. The game was a flop for a reason.
>>
>>378779757
Play Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting. Easily one of the best for beginners http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Street_Fighter_2:_Hyper_Fighting
>>
>>378781404
Yeah, they should really rethink their strategy and do something like this. Even MKX did it iirc. It's basically necessary for any game like this that's constantly updated with new characters, stages, rebalances, etc.
>>
>>378781725
Are NRS shills that desperate these days?
>>
>>378781827
You clearly don't even play the game, it's worse than 3S and only appeals to ranked shitters who like it because it's a fighting game they can actually win. Half the shit you see online are tryhards doing fake blockstrings and throwing out random EX moves.

This game is about as entertaining as a Naruto Storm game and you get jew'd out of 60% of the content even if you max out on the "free" fight money you can grind.
>>
>>378780345
Good thing SFV isn't a game that rewards precision or patience. It's closer to a MK or Marvel game than actual SF.

Proper SFV playing is like those shotos you played in SF4 netplay that forward dashed way too much and constantly threw nonsensical sweeps at you. Or its like those Ky players in GG with 4-5 frames of input delay that constantly do greed servers and stun dippers out of nowhere. The game is completely ham because of shittier normals and input lag. The shitty defensive tools don't help either.
>>
MK9 was the last good NRS game
>>
>>378781667
>>378780948
If you're wanting the PC version, it's on sale on play-asia for $18
>>
File: 1485147730623.jpg (20KB, 512x523px) Image search: [Google]
1485147730623.jpg
20KB, 512x523px
>>378782786
BASED ANON!
>>
sf5 is the cawadoody of fighters, but slightly less egregious. if you have never played fighting games it's an alright place to start, but terrible balance and netcode that is the worst in the genre will plateau your enjoyment.

The new guilty gear just came out and is considered to be one of the most complete fightans by many, and is very beginner friendly. Tekken is also happening and people are hyped, but I don't know much about that.

what I'm saying is, SFV is arguably with 20 dollarydoos and there are much better options out there
>>
>>378782304
This. Never in a game was j.HK -> walk up -> throw
a real tactic until now. This game just feels like sticky trash compared to the previous games, and the only thing that makes it "feel good" are the copious amounts of auto-correct inputs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNU-nW7g5-c

For anyone who doesn't know the input raging demon is:
LP LP -> LK -> HP
this game with as much input lag and autocorrect takes RANDOM inputs and wiggling movements and thinks
>Hm, did you mean Raging Demon?

This is on top of the game having no real whiff punishing, scripted combos, balance that makes not playing top tier a chore, shit netcode, dripfeed content, characters that have too many costumes, characters that have basically none at all etc. The list goes on.
>>
>>378784117
Honestly the best place to start is Fightcade and emulators because it's free and you can just play it with friends instead of metaphorically pre-ordering yourself buyers remorse
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.