[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey, so for the next zelda game, let's take a huge open

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

>Hey, so for the next zelda game, let's take a huge open plain area and add these places called shrines with physics puzzles in them. Then we'll make most of the items you get physics based to play with
>that sounds good, but will this world have a caves, temples, dungeons, and underground crypts to explore with the expanded bestiary of the series? With our immense tech now, we can include everyone and then some new ones
>nah, I got an even better idea. Let's fake exploration by adding these physics puzzles here and there, make your weapons break so we make the players have to go out and get more, and putting some little collectable seeds. Kids these days love that shit
>...how many of these physic puzzles will there be?
>120.
>And how many of these seeds?
>900!
>...w-where will the temples and stuff go?
>Who needs those! Our players will eat up anything we give them. Nintendo can do no wrong. Let's ride this train as much as possible. Btw, I got an even better idea on how to do amiibos and DLC for this game...

The day Nintendo died.
>>
You're really overstating the importance that "temples and stuff" had in previous games, as they barely added anything and usually just had a heart container and a couple enemies. BotW ain't perfect, sure, but it's a damn fine game and I had a lot more fun with it than other games in the series.
>>
>>378769840
>Someone was so autistically mad they wrote this
Kill yourself OP, no one will miss you.
>>
>>378770148
>You're really overstating the importance that "temples and stuff" had in previous games, as they barely added anything and usually just had a heart container and a couple enemies.
You're underselling the importance of dungeons in a series with them as its core for the sake of defending your shit game.
>>
nintendo btfo
>>
>>378770609
I liked the dungeons in BotW, though, I thought they were better than average.
>>
>>378770854
There are no dungeons to like. What you're referring to are physics minigames Nintendo added to the game to pad the experience. They forgot to add any dungeon.
>>
>>378770929
Hyrule Castle is a traditional dungeon, the Divine Beast are more 'Zelda-like' dungeons focused on puzzle-solving, whilst Shrines overall are somewhere in-between. They could've done the main dungeons better, but how it is at the moment was reasonably varied even if the visuals were rather stoic and bland.
>>
>>378769840
It's ok to try to be the next epic screencap/copypasta, but did you really have to half-ass it this hard?
>>
>>378771080
>Hyrule Castle is a traditional dungeon
Hyrule castle is as much of a dungeon as a normal building in the game. There's nothing dungeon about it, and you can skip most of the entire thing without exploring anything. It's not a dungeon.
>>
>>378771080
>the Divine Beast are more 'Zelda-like' dungeons focused on puzzle-solving
the divine beasts were just shrines with an extra gimmick.
>>
>>378771274
Hyrule Castle is a dungeon in the traditional sense - a spawling labyrinth-like area filled with enemies, secret passages, and some minor puzzle-solving.
>>378771372
Not really, the Divine Beasts each had a large puzzle in the form of navigating the beast, whilst Shrines only have smaller puzzles, usually single-room puzzles that rarely progress.
>>
>>378771628
It's a castle filled with the same shit you can get anywhere else, can ignore all enemies, and travel it however you want with no inherit challenge or narrative to its design or creation. Diving beasts were just larger shrines. There was nothing dungeony about them.

Botw is the weakest zelda game in the lineage because it removed everything zelda about it.
>>
>>378771843
>filled with the same shit you can get anywhere else, can ignore all enemies
that's objectively untrue - you cannot avoid all the guardians, and I'm fairly sure you can't avoid at least 1 lynel. Also, there's gear in Hyrule Castle that ONLY appears in there - such as the Royal Guard gear and the Hylian Shield.
>Diving beasts were just larger shrines. There was nothing dungeony about them.
I already explained how Divine Beasts fit with the Zelda-style dungeon format via having navigation of the 'beast' (dungeon) be the main obstacle, which is what sets them apart from Shrines in regards to gameplay.
>>
Hyrule Castle and the beasts have all that matters about dungeons. Spacial awareness from the Beasts, and exploration from the castle. Puzzlefags need to die off.
>>
>>378772087
You say main obstacle when you can even ignore the divine beasts. But whether they can be ignored or not does not qualify them as being a dungeon. A dungeon in the zelda series was a place where you explore through it tackling the careful level design and having a a narrative investment in the game. For instance, the forest temple in OoT was a forgotten temple of sorts that gave you an item that you used while exploring the place narratively.

In Botw, there is nothing like that. The open design absolutely ruined both the lore and level design necessary to equate itself to a dungeon. The biggest sin is using the same aesthetics in all four instead of giving them each different designs. Hell having different colors would have been somewhat better than the lazy copy paste they did.
>>
>>378772362
So you're saying none of the dungeons in Zelda 1 are dungeons now? I mean, I agree that having the divine beasts so aesthetically similar was a poor choice, but they still play differently and have distinct gameplay themes for their puzzles and how you make your way through them.
>>
>>378772285
The complaints aren't from puzzlefags, as BotW has plenty focus on puzzles and most of its puzzles are executed better than other Zelda game, their main complaint is the theming of the dungeons. I can see where they're coming from, honestly, as having all the Shrines and Divine Beasts look pretty-much the same was a poor decision. However, their appearance is completely superficial and, in my opinion, BotW actually has far better dungeon gameplay than average for the series - the Divine Beasts may look very similar to each other, but as pieces of level design they are exceptionally well made.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.