[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>if you want to arrest me you need to collect 243 collectibles,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: Riddler-batman-arkham-knight.jpg (770KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Riddler-batman-arkham-knight.jpg
770KB, 1920x1080px
>if you want to arrest me you need to collect 243 collectibles, some of which are glitched :^)
>also some of the riddles are tucked away in little corners of this fairly large and intricate city that you'll never find without a guide :^)
Riddler challenges sucked after Asylum
>>
"im afraid of using guides cause mean people in the internet will call me a pussy"

just use guides
>>
>>378769581
>also some of the riddles are tucked away in little corners of this fairly large and intricate city that you'll never find without a guide :^)

Just interrogate Riddler goons, faggot.
>>
>>378770261
I was thinking mostly of the Solomon Grundy riddle, there's no way you're finding that shit with just the map marker
>>
>>378769816
that isnt fun though
>>
>>378770332
What are you talking about that one's in plain sight I found that without the Riddler marker.
>>
>>378770572
you're probably thinking of a different one, Solomon Grundy is the gramaphone in a tiny room behind an openable door behind a wall in an underground alleyway
>>
>>378770686
You're right I was thinking of the one in city. That was the one in Arkham Knight then by the checkpoint correct? I got that before I did the checkpoint because I didn't notice the place where you can use the batmobile for it.
>>
File: solomon-grundy-live-on-broadway.jpg (95KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
solomon-grundy-live-on-broadway.jpg
95KB, 960x540px
>>378770332
It gets even worse when THIS is also in the game but not the solution.
>>
>tfw in the end you just stood there and hammered away on the detective view button on everything that even remotely stood out since you couldn't be arsed to finish the riddles properly
>>
One of the things I both liked and hated in the game.The idea that additional content for collecting shit and solving puzzles is nice,but he required too much.
>>
>>378770686
I actually found that one, but it was random.
>>
>lining up question marks was removed
>most clue-based riddles are lame or obvious
>most hidden riddles are weak
>90% are stupid puzzles that don't fit Riddler's theme at all
>>
haven't played arkham knight, did they do puzzles like in city, because that shit was super fucking lame

I liked doing the riddles in asylum, but the puzzles in city were god awful
>>
>>378773717

No you get shitty driving challenges.
>>
>>378773717
Knight is basically City but bigger and with a terrible forced minigame
>>
>>378773717

Knight is way, way too much padded with driving the bat-tank and racing in Riddler challenges. Shit's fucking tedious.
>>
>>378773151
lining up question marks was fucking awful though
>>
>>378774224
better than "follow the question marks on the ground in your tank"
>>
>>378774445
both were shit
>>
>>378773972
Knight in general borders on an Ubisoft sandbox game with all the banal and tedious shit you have to do ad nauseam like the mines, the outposts, the fire fighters, the APCs...
The riddles were just the cherry on top and Riddler constantly reminding you that you suck and only found ten or twenty percent so far felt less like a taunt and more like a desperate attempt of the game to get your attention since it's not that you're too stupid to find all the crap, you simply don't WANT to.
Unlike in Asylum where you did some "actual" detective work, looking into every nook and cranny, marking spots of trophies you can see but can't get right now in your mind or on paper, etc.
In Knight you activate detective vision, see a bunch of breakable walls highlighted and only think "fuck this".

Honestly, just finish the main story and fucking watch the ending on Youtube since the rest isn't worth your time.
>>
File: fpbp.png (719KB, 591x627px) Image search: [Google]
fpbp.png
719KB, 591x627px
>>378769816
i don't like collectibles and used guides even in asylum
i got a chill up my spine when he called me out on it
>>
How in the flying fuck did that guy even build all this underground shit in the first place?
>>
>>378776236
he bought all the disused sewer systems and water processing facilities beneath the city and got to work

the real question is how he got Riddler trophies in Panessa Studios
>>
I finished Asylum like a week ago, should I play the rest of the series?
Also I only got like half of the Riddler challenges, does something interesting happen if you get all of them?
>>
>>378777040

City is great as well, ignore the other two.
>>
>>378773151
The whole game doesn't fit Riddler at all. They made him a complete retard that is obsessed about riddles for no reason.
>>
>>378777224
>obsessed about riddles for no reason.
that's Riddler's whole thing though
>>
>>378777040
in Asylum you just get an audio of the police showing up and arresting him

City's fine, and Origins is basically an expansion pack for City. Knight WOULD be the best open-world one, but it has a godawful minigame that they make you do way too often.
>>
>>378776797
I can see him being able to build using the old systems for space but putting Batman through racing trials to solve riddles?

I would've just made more riddle rooms like in City instead of making some crazy race track then watching Batman slowly drive back and do over when he doesn't beat the time.
>>
>>378777339
Riddles are all about deception. With them he leads people to think about an answer while the hidden answer was another one. You don't just use them as quirky clues. That's Cluemaster's job.
>>
Just imagine the Riddler riddles if those games were in the Adam West setting.
>>
>>378769581

I remember reading an article where the guy mentioned that Arkham City looks so much better from the rooftops once you clear his collectibles and get rid of all the neon green that's peppered across the city. It's a bit sad that the developers muddled up the city's naturally great look in order to stuff a bunch of unnecessary collectibles everywhere.
>>
>>378769581
He looks like Charlie Sheen
>>
>>378780010
That guy is correct
>>
>>378769581
I actually liked finding all the riddles in the other 3 games. But not in Arkham Knight. The Riddler stuff sucks so fucking hard in Knight.
>>
>>378780671
The only thing I liked were the actual riddles that were in Asylum. The rest of that shit was tedious make-work whose sole purpose was to drag out the game.
>>
>>378778062
So Robin would have to solve them for you while you think of the answer? I'd be ok with that
>>
File: 1494637982498.jpg (102KB, 942x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494637982498.jpg
102KB, 942x1080px
>>378775562
>Don't use a guide
>He calls me out on using one
>>
>>378775562
Explain because I never did those when I played asylum
>>
I prefer the Nyddler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5GEpyYel4g
>>
>>378775098
>Knight in general borders on an Ubisoft sandbox game with all the banal and tedious shit you have to do ad nauseam like the mines
I think all these developers who make open world games make the worlds too big for their own good. I noticed the best open world games usually have smaller maps. City's world was small, but nicely designed. I wish more open world games took a cue from it.
>>
>>378770375
It was never fun in any of the games.
>>
>>378770375
Yet you bitch about difficulty.

Makes me think.
>>
>>378781110
Knight's world isn't even particularly big since you can move around it so quickly and easily. It's just that tank combat drags the experience down to a ridiculous degree
>>
Is Knight well optimized or will it run on like on my mediocre PC?
>>
>>378781580
they fixed the launch issues, at least

pirate it and see if it'll run, but I honestly can't recommend buying it, there's too much bullshit for it to be a good game
>>
>>378781835
Is it supposed to run at 60fps or is it locked 30fps?
>>
>>378769581

Why does the Riddler look like a skinnier charlie sheen?
>>
>>378781963
I'll check right now but I think you can set max framerate to like 120
>>
>>378777224
Riddler leaves riddles because he has OCD. He literally is obsessed with leaving riddles
>>
>>378777224
>>378782673

It's a bit deeper than that. Riddler is obsessed with riddles because he's obsessed with trying to prove that he is superior intellectually.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.