[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Talking to friend from /v/ about YouTube reviewers >He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: spoony fag.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
spoony fag.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>Talking to friend from /v/ about YouTube reviewers
>He mentions Spoony One, Spoony Experiment, whatever
>Legit never heard of him
>Ask him if I should check him out
>Tells me to watch his old stuff
>I do so because he usually never steers me wrong
>I end up watching them stone faced and mostly bored.

Was 2008-2009 really this starved for reviewers that this greasy unappealing weirdo got big at one point?

Not only is his commentary either annoying or banal to the point he could be talking about any game, his attempted "skits" make me cringe harder than when I tried to rewatch the Nostalgia Critic.

Some of his videos aren't even reviews: They're just poor imitation MST3K with some nerd talking at you with no comic timing.

Did /v/ always have this bad of taste or was everyone just a kid when they got into him?
>>
File: 490.png (854KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
490.png
854KB, 1200x825px
>>378744695
It was polished and good for the time it was released. Youtube only started in 2005. People weren't making money en masse and content groups didn't really exist. Was just hobbyists like Spoony
>>
Spoony was Top Gun until all the people with talent and work ethic showed up.
>>
what did he mean by this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D4qliim_Jk
>>
File: Nostalgia_Chick_Blowjob_Gesture.gif (632KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Nostalgia_Chick_Blowjob_Gesture.gif
632KB, 300x200px
>>378744695
Spoony was for of a real-time experience, not something that really aged-to well (literally).

Imagime having a nerdy but kinda funny friend who paid so much attention to details that you didn't mind watching him talk about Final Fantasy for 5 hours in the background while doing homework or whatever.

Now spend 5 or more years with that man. Watch him slowly unravel. His features turn gout. He gains weight. He get's angry. You can tell his relationships are faltering, he is starting to drink more.

Depression turns to dispair to darkness. You're friend becomes angry. You want to help the man behind the screen but even if you could he would lash out.

Youtube LiveSteam suicide when?
>>
in less than 10 weeks spoony's patreon will drop under 100 dollars
>>
>meme eceleb is not actually entertaining

More news at 11.
>>
>>378746835
It should have been $0 a year ago.
>>
Spoony movie idea was a mistake
>>
It boggles my mind that people give money to this man to produce no content whatsoever other than whining about Trump all day on Twitter.

Is it just pity at this point? Will they feel guilty if they withdraw the money and he kills himself as a result?
>>
File: 3634733.jpg (40KB, 211x203px) Image search: [Google]
3634733.jpg
40KB, 211x203px
>>378744695
>Talking to friend from /v/ about YouTube reviewers
>>
>>378744695
>millenial with shit taste doesn't like old spoony
why am I not surprised.
>inb4spoonycuck
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KB5R73YGuY&index=2&list=PL8zM6MComJ2teb52vO4wc_KVajygCNBTH
>>
Fuck off, Spoony is a piece of shit, at least JewWario didn't make us wait
>>
>>378747804
So whos next?
>>
>>378747960
the SJW bitch that got pregnant to abort her baby and make some cash
>>
>>378747960
>>378746217
>>
>>378744695
>autistically reposting the same thread about a washed up alcoholic e-celeb every fucking day
You're even more pathetic than Spoony is.
>>
>>378744695
>Did /v/ always have this bad of taste or was everyone just a kid when they got into him?
You're the one with terrible taste you shitty newfag
>>
>>378747408
not for him, since he scammed over 90k $
>>
>>378744695
Is this a daily pasta now? Should I call you antispoonyfag now?
>>
>>378748538
That was Doug
>>
>>378748627
>whiteknighting spoony
has /v/ hit a new low?
>>
>>378749672
nobody is whiteknighting spoony. he gets deservingly shat on now, so newfags come and try to get easy credit by claiming they hated spoony before it was cool.
>>
>>378750860
>so newfags come and try to get easy credit by claiming they hated spoony before it was cool.
lol nobody is doing that you whiteknight faggot
>>
>>378744695
>Was 2008-2009 really this starved for reviewers
Yes, it was new then. Thats really all there is to say about it to clear any confusion.
>>
>>378744695
>Was 2008-2009 really this starved for reviewers

Yes.

And at one point, Spoony nailed it.

After 2009, not so much. He started acting like an asshole then - and the shitty comedy bits started appearing.
>>
File: 1477812782188.jpg (14KB, 286x290px) Image search: [Google]
1477812782188.jpg
14KB, 286x290px
>>378744695
If you think Spoony is bad, you should check out Armake21. That guy was completely insane.
>>
the ff8 review chronicles his dissent into cringe worthy autism in real time
>>
>>378745580
Why is he so bad at Fallout?
>>
>>378748654
Whatever happened to that warehouse he bought?
>>
>>378752459

I thought it happened midway through the SWAT 4 Let's Play. He ran that YOU'RE IN MY WAY SIR joke into the ground so hard it physically hurt.
>>
>>378752459
>the ff8 review chronicles his dissent into cringe worthy autism in real time
True. I like how he blames the game for his own idiocy. A early sign of what to come.
>>
>>378752185

He still exists?
>>
I somehow liked Spoony back in the day and now I'm ashamed of it.
>>
>>378753193
he was at least watchable back in the day, then he decided to start adding god awful skits and characters to his videos and going off his meds
>>
>>378749672
>>378751147
>defending your autistic reposting of this copypasta every fucking day
Fuck off newfag, nobody gives a shit about spoony anymore, take your e-celeb faggotry back to your subreddit.
>>
>>378744695
Watch Asalieri2's "Reviewing A Reviewer" for some context for the time. Believe me, it was far more over saturated then then it is now.
>>
>>378753193
Phantasmagoria 2 riff is good.
>>
>>378744695
His best work is the more informative stuff, like the UItima Retrospective
>>
>>378748009
>it was a pajeet baby
She did nothing wrong
>>
>>378744695
That's like saying old video games suck because the graphics are primitive.
>>
File: oberstein.jpg (124KB, 1273x951px) Image search: [Google]
oberstein.jpg
124KB, 1273x951px
>>378744695
Gee I sure love all these autistic reposts! /v/ really is infested with them. So much fun seeing the same bullshit being posted over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.
>>
Ultima Review Series is Kino
>>
File: Spoony 1.webm (1MB, 960x718px) Image search: [Google]
Spoony 1.webm
1MB, 960x718px
>>378744695
Wonder if he's going to play tekken 7
>>
>>378756282
>posts oberstein
>complains about autism
>>
>>378744695
I still have a huge youtube playlist of AVGN, NC, Spoony, old Jontron and ChaosD1, they are nice
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.