[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about the awful writing in this god damn game? >Fight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg?t=1496216991.jpg (27KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1496216991.jpg
27KB, 460x215px
Can we talk about the awful writing in this god damn game?
>Fight the power!
>Truth! Freedom! Justice! And a hard-boiled egg!
>A real man never dies, even when he's killed!
>It's clobberin' time!
>Our beloved monsters - enjoy yourselves
>Do you hear the voices, too?
>Fast and free, follow me.
The game can't get a fucking sentence in without making some dumb meme reference. I'm losing my mind over here.
>>
>>378743991
>refund reason: Too many memes
>>
It's not like the writing gets any better after it stops making references
>Le proud warrior
>Le feral huntress
>A vampire that wants to be an hairdresser so funneh!!!
>This guy just grunts :)
>Le girl that loves talking to rocks xD
It bothers me that the good gameplay is wasted on a story this shitty
>>
Agreed. Still, it's a pretty good game if you can get past the references and the voice acting
>>
Bumping, fuck the bot.
>>
This game looks kind of interesting. Maybe I'll look into it as memes really rarely bother me.
>>
>>378743991
it's supposed to be bad for le irony

my favourite one was from metal gear solid 2
>i need scissors! 61!
got me out of nowhere and made me finish the game
it was great
>>
>>378743991
>>Do you hear the voices, too?
Isn't that just a Chaos Space Marine?
>>
>>378745569
>good gameplay
>rng shit with run of the mill turn based system and shitty camera
yeah
right
>>
>>378743991
What's wrong with references?
How else would this be even made?
You know it's a kickstarter game?
That was the only option.
>>
>>378743991
>Kickstarter game
>Made by nerds into nerd stuff
As tiresome as the references get, it's much better than them going all "dude so deep lore". The game didn't take itself seriously, and that's just fine.
>>
>>378750298
It isn't RNG at all, though.
>>
>>378745569
>Le girl that loves talking to rocks xD
I fucking hate the elf grill.

Her design is probably my favorite in the whole game but she's literally retarded and has the most annoying voice actress on top of it.
>>
>>378745569
>>Le girl that loves talking to rocks
is that an MLP reference
>>
>>378750541
>70% chance to hit
>dodge
>70% chance to hit
>dodge
>70% chance to hit 190-270 damage

>hit for 192
>enemy survives with 1 hp

Yeah there's no rng at all what are you talking about?
>>
>>378750204
Like 80% of the lines from the game are straight up ripped from other games/movies/pop songs/etc.
>>
>Devs constantly compare the game to Persona
>No romance
>>
>>378750754
>Design qt girls
>Can't fuck any of them
>>
>>378750754
I don't really see how it's like Persona in any way other than that it lets you build up friendship points with NPCs and party members. Which is hardly something Persona invented.
>>
>>378750754
>start game
>it's shit
>can apparently spend time with girls
>okay

>suddenly a qt loli
>good

>she's tied to her father as a character
>fuck

>no romance option
SHIT GAME
WAY TO RUIN MY HOPES AND DREAMS
WHATS EVEN THE POINT
>>
>>378750909
You can pick a character and spend time with them and day passes.
That's literally it.
That's what they're talking about when they say "it's like persona guyz"
>>
>>378750754
>>378750831
Really, no romance of any kind? That really is a shame as I really like the artstyle and the cuties it has created.
>>
>>378743991
Eh, dude, yeah it's really fucking dumb but I'm sure the crowd funding campaign advertised the game exactly as such.

So they delivered on the cringy shit, why did you think it would be any different? Did you pick this game at random then?
>>
>>378751041
Yup, none of it, I could endure the memes if you could fuck the bitchy sister at least but nope, no romance whatsoever.
>>
>>378751041
None
you just hang out and talk about... rocks.... and how to progress the story... and that's it.
>>
>>378751195
>>378751231
Well that's boring. I guess I can just fap to screenshots or something. Is the gameplay atleast alright for a SRPG?
>>
File: Untitled.png (743KB, 455x718px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
743KB, 455x718px
>>378751231
>rocks
*blocks your path*

>>378751394
It's pretty ok. It doesn't have much depth, but there's some decent challenge especially with the optional objectives.

Some levels can feel like bullshit, like when you're fighting 7 wolves who each get a 10% damage bonus for each wolf on the level, so they kill your tank in 2 hits before you even get a hit in. But on the whole the difficulty level is pretty spot on.
>>
>>378751394
Gameplay is fairly standard, though with some quirks, mainly CP to be used for ultimates (2) or extra move (1). You also need to modify a characters kit with expanding tile slots,so you could upgrade stats or give bonus effect to skills. Still disappointed, the game hasn't applied that one mechanic from Popolocrois.
>>
>>378751602
>Gameplay is fairly standard
>It's pretty ok.
Fair enough, I'll put it on my wishlist so I remember to pick it up eventually. Also its really weird to see a woman made in western art in a game who is actually curvy.
>>
>>378751802
>that one mechanic from Popolocrois
???
>>
>>378752109
Ah, it was this cool thing where if you put two characters side by side, you get a new fusion skill. It's a neat mechanic that I don't see all that much.
>>
>>378750130
"Our beloved monsters" is from MGS 2 too
>>
I just wanted a game where I could fuck an orc girl. Why won't anyone let my dream come true?
>>
>>378743991
So yeah, is game actually decent as sRPG?
>>
>>378753970
Well, it doesn't fuck up. It delivers on the standard with some minor elements.
>>
>>378754364
gotchu, will keep an eye on it.
I hardly can deal with too many overused references tho.
>>
>Ok combat
>Ok overall graphics
but
>every character is an anime trope
>written by the penguin of doom
>>
>>378754476
It's not exactly in your face but it's almost everywhere. I mean, one of the units you get is pretty much a Space Marine, sounds like, almost looks like one and has an obsession with purging heresy. Although, he is introduced as a paladin, which to be fair, is kinda the schtick. Don't expect so much depth within the game though, it does what it wants to do and pretty much just it. Though, it does succeed in being entertaining at the very least.
>>
>>378754875
I just kinda shy from "references, whooo" games after retro city rampage lost every identity as a game to the references and actually became boring mess
>>
>>378755138
Regalia doesn't have any identity of its own, but it does play well.
>>
>>378756113
PC only release? srpg kinda works better on handhelds..
I have 5~ sRPG I'm playing right now, so maybe will grab on holiday sale or something
>>
>>378750204
i hear it in the exact voice too, so i guess that means i do hear the voices too now
>>
it has been pretty fun so far. I wish that the main story consisted of more than a small quest per chapter plus a bunch of kings quests. Having to handle both story quests and some town economy stuff to handle the debt would have been much more nicer than the way it currently is.
>>
>>378756890
What chapter are you on? Chapter 4 adds a required quest to be finished and bumps the quota to 7.
>>
>>378756890
I am almost 100% positive that's how it originally was. They probably had a system to gain income via taxes and use it to balance out buildings, weapons and then pay your monthly fee to the Jew.

They probably re-worked it because it was too easy to break the system someway, as it tends to happen in games with economies.
>>
>>378757097
I think that i am in chapter 5. Them changing it to seven made little difference and i think that i for chapter 4 had all the seven kings quest done on the first day. The quest the added along side the kings quest was fun and all but it didn't take long to finish it.
>>
>>378758193
Hope you like fishing. Or you actually planned ahead from the start and did everything properly, iirc you need to complete 38 KQ to finish the game.
>>
i hate the text adventures
how the fuck do i know which one will give me the rewards i need?
having to reload and do them all over again is a pain in the ass
>>
>>378758341
I have not done a single kings quest related to fishing or crafting yet. I have focused on dungeons, bonding and building stuff.
>>
>>378758492
you suffer from the min/maxer disease. Go and see a doctor.
>>
>>378758492
Those are inconsequential since it's usually a moral choice of getting cash or approval, and approval doesn't drop if you've maxed out their relationship.
>>378758564
I suggest you get on that, particularly the Smithy, crafting quests just need gold and resources to finish and doesn't really consume time.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.