[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of Final Fantasy VIII? Should I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: year of the spoony 1.gif (700KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
year of the spoony 1.gif
700KB, 360x203px
What does /v/ think of Final Fantasy VIII?
Should I get the steam edition?
>>
What's with this cuck and the number 8?
>>
File: He's gonna get you.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
He's gonna get you.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>378731665

I think you should buy it and enjoy it as much as you can. Talk to NPC's, go and discover places, enjoy the glorious OST,
play the Triple Triad minigame and collect cards, learn how to JUNCTION and don't bitch at the angsty-teen-romance moments; it all fits eventually.
It's worth a shot, anon.
>>
>>378732812
>Triple Triad minigame

Got dat backwards, nigga! Rest of the games is the road to getting dem sweet, Triple Triad cards.
>>
>>378731804
>haha akhshually ultima 8 wasn't a piece of shit
this is why i hate millenials
>>
File: 1421860780520.jpg (297KB, 1644x1638px) Image search: [Google]
1421860780520.jpg
297KB, 1644x1638px
>>378731804
It's a mystery
>>378732004
>tfw he got me
>>378732812
This sounds comfy desu
>>378732956
wew
>>
>>378733178
Unless your literally 40 you are a fucking millenial since gen Y conveniently doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>378733178
>haha akhshually ultima 1-6 didn't suck because Spoony told me so

Actually play Ultima 8 or fuck off.
>>
>>378732956
Yeah ok, sure.

Also, everyone in this thread is now obliged to change their alarm sound to https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F0m8-wZEuH8
>>
>>378731804
Ultima 8 is a titanic piece of shit.
>>
>tfw no gf
>>
>>378733660
t. spoonyfag

post a picture of your original Ultima 8 box when the game came out (not the CD collection) or you're just a bandwagon faggot.
>>
>>378733184
You think that sounds comfy? Wait until you walk around the halls of Balamb Garden and try to buy a hotdog at the cafetaria, afterwards you pop along the school Doc for a quick chat, and don't forget to bring back that edition of [Weapons Monthly] to the library, all the while listening to this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pSt-fNv5d68
>>
>>378733781
Even if the game is enjoyable for you, I still find his retrospective on the series to be an entertaining watch
>>
>>378733781
>Being this autistic
Ultima VIII is where the franchise started to descend into utter suckiness. Rushed out by electronic arts in about 8 months, less than half completed with most of it's functionality and storyline slashed and burned to meet the deadline. Dialogues with Important NPCs are incomplete, several maps and quests are incomplete, there's also a romance sub-plot that's also incomplete. Every single treasure chest in this game is trapped with a goddamn explosive (literally, I checked. Even if you have a key it explodes).Incredibly ill-advised focus on Isometric platforming (Especially before the game was patched)over instant death-lakes. The Boss Fights are a joke, almost to the point there are no boss fights. All that you do in them (repeat) all you do, is select an item from the inventory and click on them. That's it. The magic system in this one is so needlessly convoluted and requires so much busy work it feels like an open-book test at Hogwarts. Say goodbye to a neat spellbook from Ultima VII, The combat is just button mashing, it requires less involvement than original Diablo, most of your enemies are just Zombies and Ghosts, the leveling system is so easily exploitable it's insane. Want a max STR from the getgo? Just thwomp the NPC Devin right after you start off the game. As a plot critical NPC he never dies, never fights back and never even gets mad. Only thing that bore any resemblence to awesomeness is the ending, where you return to see a charred wasteland and a giant fortress of the Guardian - Britannia has fallen... Only it didn't, because EA were greedy cuntflaps and Ultima IX contradicts every other game in the franchise. In UVIII you also don't have any party members, which was disconnecting because we didn't travel alone since Ultima II. It's also a complete disconnection from the Avatar-ness, the paragon of goodness is a cold and calculated murderer who wreaks untold destruction on the world of Pagan to return to Britannia.
>>
File: fallout.jpg (44KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
fallout.jpg
44KB, 400x319px
>>378734150
>there's also a romance sub-plot that's also incomplete

But I thought you WRPG fags hated romance?

Fun fact: Fallout 1 has two cut romances, yet it's still an awesome game.

Coincidence? I think not.
>>
File: spoony image.png (208KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
spoony image.png
208KB, 400x225px
>>378734150
>Being this autistic
>posts WOT
>>378734248
>fallout 1
>good
lol
>>378733982
Nice
>>
>>378734150
>It's also a complete disconnection from the Avatar-ness, the paragon of goodness is a cold and calculated murderer who wreaks untold destruction on the world of Pagan to return to Britannia.
That's pretty much the point. The Avatar has to do incredibly evil things in the Guardian's conquered world of Pagan in order to return to Britannia because everything works differently there.

Ultima 8 was a mess, but the lack of Avatarness was deliberate.
>>
>>378732812
This but for the love of god make sure you patch in the PS1 version of the OST, 7/8 were made with very specific soundcards in mind and the OST sounds like really generic midi's on anything else. SE put the PS1 music in FF7 but never bothered for 8 its a really simple fix though.
>>
>>378731665
yes you should.
it's amazing. replayed it recently. it's a great game.
>>
What's a paladin?
>>
>>378731665
FF8's great.

It's exploitable as fuck, which makes it super replayable.

>Play cards
>Use Seifer to grind your GF's
>Junction tons of shit to squall and other characters through refine
>Rush for Diablos
>Use Card on mobs to avoid getting EXP
>Get Diablos Enc-Half and Enc-None
>Grind for Elenoyle cards
>Beat up Twins
>Make a Disc 1 lionheart
>Trash the rest of the game at level 1

>everyoens argument against it
>story is retarded
>story is better than you give it credit for if you pay attention
>or they literally do not understand junction
>>
File: FF8 (2).jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
FF8 (2).jpg
43KB, 480x360px
>>378731665
It's an okay game but has some retarded decisions in it.

Like levelscaling
overall plot
the shitty romance
drawing
>>
>>378739195
How is the combat and world navigation
>>
File: FF8.jpg (146KB, 389x380px) Image search: [Google]
FF8.jpg
146KB, 389x380px
>>378739273
>How is the combat
it's a standard JRPG, what else is there to say?

>and world navigation
You can rent cars, you get a boat, and then eventually an airship.
>>
>>378731665
Run away from everything The Game
>>
Did they use shitty MIDI remixes for the soundtrack like terrible FF7 PC port?
If they did that should be the first thing you mod, 8's soundtrack is some of Uematsu's best work.
>>
>>378739339
>it's a standard JRPG, what else is there to say?
GF, Junction, Draw, Carding
>>
>>378740407
>GF,
summons

>Junction,
that is not something you do in battle

>Draw,
boring as fuck

>Carding
never worked, got rid of that ability as soon as I could.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.