[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck did the developers decide to kill her? She was the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: Aeris-FFVIIArt.png (181KB, 378x562px) Image search: [Google]
Aeris-FFVIIArt.png
181KB, 378x562px
Why the fuck did the developers decide to kill her? She was the friendliest character in the whole damn game.

Was it to make the player hate Sephiroth more? Too lazy to resolve the love triangle with Tifa and Cloud?

I'm not a feelfag, it just seems like a pointless dick move.
>>
You just answered your own question twice
>>
easy drama
>>
"We knew even in the early concept stage that one character would have to die. But we only had three to choose from. I mean, Cloud's the main character, so you can't really kill him. And Barret... well, that's maybe too obvious. But we had to pick between Aerith and Barret. We debated this for a long time, but in the end decided to sacrifice Aerith... In the previous FF games, it became almost a signature theme for one character to sacrifice him or herself, and often it was a similar character type from game to game, kind of a brave, last-man-standing, Barret-type character. So everyone expected that. And I think that death should be something sudden and unexpected, and Aerith's death seemed more natural and realistic. Now, when I reflect on Final Fantasy VII, the fact that fans were so offended by her sudden death probably means that we were successful with her character. If fans had simply accepted her death, that would have meant she wasn't an effective character." - Nomura
>>
>>378729137
I know I couldn't have been alone in this but at the time I didn't give two shits about losing her on account of never using her in the first place.
>>
>>378729397
>instead of giving a valid reason why they did it, they simply stroke their own fucking egos

The reason why her death pisses me off is because it took away the decision who "your" girl is, Tifa or Aeris.

I would rather have preferred the exotic flower girl than your fucking girlfriend who works in a fucking bar.
>>
>>378729880
Tifa was obviusly meant to be the main, especially considering Cloud's 'past'.
>>
>>378729880
childhood friend*
fixed
>>
>>378729397
That would've been so fucked up if they just killed off the one black guy.
>>
>>378729880
FFVII isn't a fucking dating sim, you dork.
>>
File: 3486639526_bf5327a226.jpg (94KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
3486639526_bf5327a226.jpg
94KB, 500x456px
>>378729137
Because bros before hoes.
>>
File: Sazh_Suicide.png (749KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sazh_Suicide.png
749KB, 1280x720px
>>378730045
They're getting closer and closer with every black character.
>>
>>378730045
Horror movies do it all the time though.
>>
File: 1484524462070.jpg (199KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484524462070.jpg
199KB, 1200x1200px
>Aerisfags still getting perenially blown out for TWO DECADES STRAIGHT

Tifa was, is, and will always be the best girl.
>>
>>378730456
Tifa is shit.
>>
>>378730881
t. dead whore
>>
>>378729137
Am I wrong for wanting more scenes with her even after she dies, like maybe a dream sequence or something where she is in the party again?
>>
My waifu.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.