[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand . It's like there is a collective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
I don't understand . It's like there is a collective faux attraction for this game hanging over this board like a nasty, poisonous mist. It's like each and every one of the posters who praise this game try to outdo the others by going to greater extends of buzzwords and hyperboles. Comments like "it's the best game I've ever played" aren't rare. Yet, for all the hype for its story, difficulty, character development and atmosphere, it just falls flat. It truly is a rolling simulator with a handful of mechanics you need to understand. When you inevitably do master these mechanics, the game becomes trivial.
>>
>>378729106
Because you don't understand the appeal of a game it must be faux attraction? I've never seen anyone mention character development when they praise a Souls game. That would be idiotic.

Any game can be boiled down to its fundamental mechanics and be called a simulator. These game appeal to some just the way your favorite games appeal to you.
>>
File: 1495479621357-1.jpg (365KB, 1024x583px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357-1.jpg
365KB, 1024x583px
>>378729106
>>
>>378729972
Welcome back, do anything today? I played a few video games myself.
>>
>>378729106

BB:TOHE > DAS3:TFFE > DAS:PTDE > DAS2:SOTFS > DES

This is a fact, nothing you or others say or do will ever change it. Nostalgia high sons of whores, die from cancer, die a painful death.
>>
>>378729106
The attraction is because it combines gothic horror with lovecraftian cosmic horror in a way that is very very very hard to find in video games. That's it. Not very hard to understand, I'd be embarrassed if I was so autistic that I couldn't get that.
>>
> a handful of mechanics you need to understand. When you inevitably do master these mechanics, the game becomes trivial.

That's every sigle player game you ever played. However generally players going through souls games find experiencing the learning curve a very rewarding experience due to good gamedesign.
>>
>>378729106
>when you get good at a game it becomes easy

You are fucking retarded
>>
>>378729106
>When you inevitably do master these mechanics, the game becomes trivial.
so every single player game ever?
>>
>>378731046
>>378731108
>>378731547
Lol this game is marketed by the developers and championed by the fans as the most difficult video game of its generation. It should require more than ten days to plat and 3 hours to master how to parry, dodge and counter.
>>
File: 1445289948190.jpg (154KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1445289948190.jpg
154KB, 600x400px
>>378729106
I've been playing video games since 1989. I've played to completion thousands of titles. I started with Atari 2600 and still play all platforms today. I enjoy every genre. I'd like to think that I understand video games and what makes them great.

The Souls and Bloodborne games are great. That's not to say they are without flaw, for each game has it's own problems, but they are well above average. To say that you cannot, in any capacity, understand people liking these great games makes no sense to me.

If you don't "get" SoulsBorne gameplay, you probably started playing video games around the time N64 was released or later. You don't understand what risk/reward is. You've probably been spoon-fed plot and gameplay introductions your entire life. That's the norm now. Those of us who actually experienced gaming early in it's age are driven mad by the sacrifices made to incorporate a more user friendly experience (read: catering to retards).

Personally I believe the greatest flaw of the series is their increasing conformity to modern standards and expectations.

These games rebuke the idea that the person playing it is a retard. These games treat you like someone who understands what a video game is and assumes you know how to play them.

These games are not for everyone, and they really aren't for you.

TLDR: Get gud.
>>
>>378732096
>by the fans as the most difficult video game of its generation.
fans are retarded, congratulations on noticing this now
>>
>>378729106
I like the game

I play the game. That's simply it.
>>
>>378729106
>When you inevitably do master these mechanics, the game becomes trivial.
And it's like that for every fucking video game, you bloodletting dimwit.
Fuck you if you can't appreciate everything good about this game.
>>
>>378729106
This is why I play games on release and follow the current gaming zeitgeist instead of being a sad person like you and waiting for months/years until I play games and then get a heavily biased notion/idea of it before I even play it for a second because of all the hype and opinions I have read beforehand.

Bloodborne is definitely the best of the Souls series, but's that not even my point. What I'm saying applies to everything.
>>
>>378729106
>STOP FUCKING LIKING THIS

Kill yourself my man.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.