[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we admit this game is at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 12

File: assblasted.jpg (201KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
assblasted.jpg
201KB, 1280x720px
Now that the dust has settled, can we admit this game is at least a little [spoilers] fun [/spoilers]
>>
Fuck I cannot believe I done this
>>
File: 1466587686542.jpg (18KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
1466587686542.jpg
18KB, 480x712px
>[spoilers] fun [/spoilers]
>>
>>378726606
I'll throw myself up there, the shame, the shaaaame.
>>
>>378726416
Ctrl+S faggot.
>>
>>378726416
No, even if the exploration was neat, it was still an absolute train-wreak deserving of endless ridicule.
Just like your post
>>
>>378726416
Facial animation remained weird for humans all the way until the ending. But I ultimately liked everything else about the game. It's evident everyone except the animation department put so much work to this game.
>>
>>378726416
>Defending an inarguably, factually, shitty game
>can't into spoilers
leave and never come back
>>
File: 132165461.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
132165461.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>378726416
>scribbling your name over your life jacket
>>
>>378728062
Agree with this. It's a little rough around the edges but I can find merits in the game.
>>
>>378728062
I liked it despite the constant disappointment. It wasn't worth the $100 it cost.

>"Ooh a new galaxy to explore"
>How about another general villain/bad guy plot?
>"O-okay, but at least there might be some interesting terraforming stuff"
>Here's a bar, go find the one group of respawning enemies you haven't killed to get an extra 1%, and do a "dungeon" type thing.
>"Oh, but at least there'll be interesting new races!"
>Two new races, one of which is unequivocally evil, the other of which is not.
>"Okay, but meeting them for the first time will be interesting."
>You'd think so, but somehow the universal translators (not mentioned in the codex) suddenly started working when you landed on the planet, and you can understand them and they can understand you, despite them seemingly having no reason to create a universal translator themselves.
>"Oh well, I guess there's always the fauna and flora..."
>Did you say reskins? I think I heard reskins.

If I didn't play Havarl after Vold I think I would have dropped the game there to be honest. Somehow they've made "ice planet" the most interesting so far, and "jungle planet" the worst and most boring.
>>
>>378726416
Not really, played the pirated version, with the supposed fix patch.

And the animations and other glitches were the least of its problems.

Story was boring, characters were bland and annoying.

For the whole duration of the game I felt like I wanted to play something else.

Also the open world part was fail because it didn't fit the fucking narrative.

Not even going to mention how cringeworthy the whole "pathfinder" bullshit was.

No one but the guy who has the pathfinder title can do jack shit. Fucking tired of chosen ones...
>>
>>378728908
In regards to the translators. They do exist. It's mentioned in dialogue in ME3. There's also a reason why you're able to understand the aliens after a few minutes.
I've played that part. For a short time, you don't understand them. But, their dialogue starts slowly translating word for word as you continue relations.
SAM is gathering data - not just from your ears, but also from every other sensory input at his disposal - your crew, the ships' sensors - and running them through a database or some shit and rapidly learning and then teaching you their language.
AI's solve everything.
>>
File: youvedonethis.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
youvedonethis.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>378726492
I can't believe you've done this
>>
>>378729937
Perfect, thank you.
>>
File: avitus.jpg (227KB, 1137x1200px) Image search: [Google]
avitus.jpg
227KB, 1137x1200px
>Can't get gay with Avitus

1/10. Wait

>Can't airlock Peebee

0/10
>>
>>378729895
I know the translators exist, but I checked the codex for them in ME:A (the game "about" exploring a new galaxy, that has a "first contact protocol" document in the first gameplay area), and they aren't there. Which seems like a HUGE oversight considering.

I can kind of understand for the Kell, you fight them a lot, discover bits and pieces of information and eventually it just "clicks". But the Angarra go from "I have no idea what they're saying, but they just gave us a nav point (somehow)" to "We can now understand even background chatter", in the span of leaving your ship after they give you the nav point. (Then, they have Cora literally go "are the universal translators not working?" like you haven't been having complex conversations with these people for probably hours prior to the shipwide meeting with Jaal)

I understand why universal translator exists, but the whole premise seems like it should involve trying to get things to function the same way they did in the Milky Way, and I'll admit I didn't actually read the codex entry for the translator in ME3, but it's still a bit of a stretch to get me to believe that it auto-translates for both sides simultaneously. (not enough to break immersion, just close enough to put me to the edge).
>>
>>378729278
>Also the open world part was fail because it didn't fit the fucking narrative.

What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>378732730
Not him but I had some dude tell me that there wasn't a day/night cycle because story wise you were only exploring a few kilometres and you didn't have a reason to stay more than a day.
>>
I cant believe that 343 isnt sueing them. They ripped off so many elements from Halo (story wise) its not even funny
>>
[boiler]no[/boiler]
>>
>>378732730
The narrative on the game originally was finding a place to settle, but then got hijacked with the whole "EVUL ALIUMS".

So the focus got shifted from finding a planet that could be terraformed to fight evul aliums to use ancient magical tech doohickeys to deus ex terraform planets into habitability.

And making small camps or even mining was kind of small potatoes compared to a magical terraforming machine.
>>
>>378734914
Are you implying Halo is original
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
They set up some real cool shit for a sequel and I'd love to see Bioware stick the landing. But it won't happen.
>>
>>378737245
>They set up some real cool shit for a sequel

Such as
>>
>>378737285
>Entire Angaran race being sleeper agents because of the "past life" shit they can do
>Quarian arc
>AI researcher Mother not dead yet just frozen
>SAM's ability to kill Ryder on cue
>The rest of Andromeda
>SAM being in both Ryders and being more powerful than other Pathfinders

I saw the last one as a way of playing both Ryders in a sequel, one as the Pathfinder going out and exploring shit, the other chilling on the arc as a glorified cop. That's just me but there's no harm in hoping
>>
>>378737823
>the other chilling on the arc as a glorified cop

Fat chance, Bioware can only do YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE SAVIOUR OF ALL GRAND HOPE OF ALL LIFE IN THE WORLD/GALAXY/UNIVERSE

Also why could SAM control remnant tech? It's an AI from another galaxy
>>
>>378737990
Exactly, there's no way they could do it. Neat ideas though, or at least potential to be neat.
>>
>>378728062
Yeah! Everything else was great, especially the dialogue.
>"I really pissed that one off. Maybe because i shot him in the face!"
Sooooo funny xDDDD
>>
>>378729895
That doesn't explain why the Aliens use human numbers and measurements, not just in dialogue, but on things like signs and buildings.
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 1024x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 1024x426px
>>378737990
If they did explain and I just forgot, SAM's control of Remnant junk might be because of Ryder, like biologically? Then in that case there was probably human DNA already in Andromeda.
Then from that idea I would say that the villain aliens whose name I forgot were originally humans who fused with so many species that they're unrecognisable and the equivalent of mixing every colour together. Surprise twist old humans fucked Andromeda and new humans have to liberate it choo-choo SJW
>>
File: triggered_face.jpg (80KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
triggered_face.jpg
80KB, 512x411px
>>378726416
>game is supposedly about finding a new place for your people
>90% of that is relegated to side content so you can chase after the token bad guy

You can tell Bioware has no idea what to do with open world and all that entails.
>>
File: 1495917355266.jpg (106KB, 521x567px) Image search: [Google]
1495917355266.jpg
106KB, 521x567px
>>378726416
Lol you fugged up
>>
>>378726416
I loved it but it's flaws are definitely noticeable.
>>
File: 1375661275724.jpg (17KB, 361x356px) Image search: [Google]
1375661275724.jpg
17KB, 361x356px
>>378738832
>Making planets viable for human settlers, the entire fucking reason for the Initiative, is confined to sudoku puzzles so you can focus on the moustache twirling Archon (so dastardly)
>>
>>378738832
I think the main team may have some idea now. Problem is MEA was developed by a support team that never headed a project on their own before.
>>
>>378739031
>>378739058
Um, ew? Don't reply to me sweeties
>>
File: bad boy.jpg (105KB, 350x316px) Image search: [Google]
bad boy.jpg
105KB, 350x316px
>>378738832
>>378739031
Can you imagine what Archon could have been in the hands of more competent storytellers? Or Kett in general.
>>
File: 1485406602431.png (148KB, 222x293px) Image search: [Google]
1485406602431.png
148KB, 222x293px
>>378739154
His fucking head is a bottle opener
>>
>>378726416
I cannot believe you done this
>>
>>378739154
I didn't give a fuck about the Archo or the kett. I was hoping for moral dilemmas resulting from colonization efforts, having to weigh respect for various species of natives against the needs of the colonists, trying to live harmoniously or going full Native American genocide on them and the subsequent splintering of the Initiative due to sympathizers fighting against hardliners
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.